What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (4 Viewers)

Yeah, you're probably right. Though Jacksonville found out their own Foles debacle the hard way. He looked awful in his games back with the Jags. He looked so awful against Tampa they replaced him in the middle of the game.

Oh, by the way, you sniped my D/ST. In every mock I did, Tampa was available. Not so in Summerpalooza, this fidelity to mocking. You had to be a round early this draft. Bunkum. At least they waived Gay today, and Succop is indeed their kicker. I'll only have to add/drop one then. 
Exactly my point on Foles.  If he starts the season and stinks, as he will, the fans will be like "Why did we pay this guy to come in when we already had Mitch to do that?"  If Mitch starts and stinks, they can turn the page to Foles, and even if he stinks they can start over next year and take anther QB.

Take 'em early in Shiny then.  ;)    Besides, you got D Johnson and Gibson earlier than I'd have thought.  Gibson is a STEAL where you got him at this point.  Silva has him as a #2 rb in his ranks.

Exactly my point on Foles.  If he starts the season and stinks, as he will, the fans will be like "Why did we pay this guy to come in when we already had Mitch to do that?"  If Mitch starts and stinks, they can turn the page to Foles, and even if he stinks they can start over next year and take anther QB.

Take 'em early in Shiny then;)    Besides, you got D Johnson and Gibson earlier than I'd have thought.  Gibson is a STEAL where you got him at this point.  Silva has him as a #2 rb in his ranks.
Yeah, I take your point on Foles. Much more likely Mitch starts the season and has the Sword of Damocles over his head.

As for the bolded, yep. I was thinking that. Usually I stream defenses and settle on one by the end of the year. Not sure one can do that with eighteen rounds of drafting like in Shiny's Cup.

Yeah, I take your point on Foles. Much more likely Mitch starts the season and has the Sword of Damocles over his head.

As for the bolded, yep. I was thinking that. Usually I stream defenses and settle on one by the end of the year. Not sure one can do that with eighteen rounds of drafting like in Shiny's Cup.
The four hours/pick wait is fun.  I know not everyone is connected 12/7 like some but still.  Sigh.

Mayday Mayday  I have lost a pack of gum.  :(

I have been experimenting tonight with fading a shirt. I bought a t-shirt recently, and online it looked to be light green. I get it and it is ugly dark grass green. I look online to see how to fade a t-shirt, and I get all sorts of concoctions.  I choose the one that seems easy and fast, and so far so good. I'll know for sure within the hour.

Mayday Mayday  I have lost a pack of gum.  :(

I have been experimenting tonight with fading a shirt. I bought a t-shirt recently, and online it looked to be light green. I get it and it is ugly dark grass green. I look online to see how to fade a t-shirt, and I get all sorts of concoctions.  I choose the one that seems easy and fast, and so far so good. I'll know for sure within the hour.
Update?! 

I'm dyin' here! 

Oh baby, don't it feel like heaven right now?
Don't it feel like something from a dream?
Yeah, I've never known nothing quite like this
Don't it feel like tonight might never be again?
Baby, we know better than to try and pretend
Honey no one coulda ever told me 'bout this

Tina got a big ole butt, I know I told you I'd be true
But Tina got a big ole butt, so I'm leaving you
Tina got a big ole butt, I know I told you I'd be true
But Tina got a big ole butt, so I'm leaving you [See ya]

Tanya got a big ol' butt (Oh yeah?)
Shirley got a big ol' butt (Oh yeah?)
Irene got a big ol' butt (Oh yeah?)
Theresa got a big ol' butt now (Big ol' butt)
And Sonya got a big ol' butt (Oh yeah?)
Melissa got a big ol' butt (Oh yeah?)
Ol' Tammy got a bubble butt (Oh yeah?)
Little Keisha got a big ol' butt (Big ol' butt)
Gimme the butt!

You walk up to her
Ask her to dance
She says, "Hey baby, I just might take a chance"
You'll say "It's a good thing you float in the air. That way
there's no way I will crush your toenails into a thousand pieces"

The Land of Confusion league is going to have the Amy Heckerling Bowl in Week 11, November 17th.

My Blackened Voodoo -- representing Fast Times at Ridgemont High -- are gonna field Spiccoli, Rat, Damone, and Brad with our ringer Jefferson. Rockaction's The Robinson Affair -- representing Clueless -- are gonna run with Elton, Murray, Travis, and I guess Josh :shrug:

At stake: 12 points in the FFA's Movie Draft's Teen Movie category. If my squad wins, Rockaction goes back and reverses the scores of these two films, placing Fast Times back in its rightful place as a top-few all-time Teen film. If Rock's guys prevail ... um, nothing, I guess :D  

Where is the third little person that hangs out near the lava lamp?
I’ve moved the Johnny  Cash funky to the top of the shelf and Iggy Pop just joined him as I picked that one up at the recent deep discount blowout bin sale.... good clean fun

The Land of Confusion league is going to have the Amy Heckerling Bowl in Week 11, November 17th.

My Blackened Voodoo -- representing Fast Times at Ridgemont High -- are gonna field Spiccoli, Rat, Damone, and Brad with our ringer Jefferson. Rockaction's The Robinson Affair -- representing Clueless -- are gonna run with Elton, Murray, Travis, and I guess Josh :shrug:

At stake: 12 points in the FFA's Movie Draft's Teen Movie category. If my squad wins, Rockaction goes back and reverses the scores of these two films, placing Fast Times back in its rightful place as a top-few all-time Teen film. If Rock's guys prevail ... um, nothing, I guess :D  
Mayhem. Won't allow it.

"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?"

"You know, a ruckus!"

Putting my record collection into dust sleeves and MoFi inner sleeves. This is a lot of work, actually, especially since I have the fans blowing to keep cool in addition to the air conditioning. Listening to Mogwai's "Summer" right now, realizing that I've somehow acquired nearly 400 LPs over the past few years, which is just crazy and immobile. I may look to start selling them. Kept well, air conditioned, only warped ones are ones that come from Amazon ( :rant: ). The rest cared for meticulously. Marvin Gaye not for sale. Nor Mogwai. Nor the Dead. Nor Wire. Nor any one of them -- get your -- get your hands off of my records!  

:)

You suckers are great. Keep rockin' in the free world this labor day.

@rockaction your posts in the political forum were deleted because you ascribed actions or beliefs to an entire group (in that case, the media). Not really but I wanted to post it in that forum because why not.

Also, I was in the political forum... not good! 

Also, you owe two songs.

Picking a kicker who might not have a job and then dropping him even though he did in fact win the job, so you can make more song picks is good shtick.
:lmao: for realz.

Added the second. I was listening to the album to try and decide which Detroit Mix to get in there. I think I'm changing the song again.

@rockaction your posts in the political forum were deleted because you ascribed actions or beliefs to an entire group (in that case, the media). Not really but I wanted to post it in that forum because why not.

Also, I was in the political forum... not good! 

Also, you owe two songs.
Oh my. Yes, I was in the political forum. For shame. I had about as tepid a criticism as you could have of the current President. I don't know why big bottom and I got the axe. We won't know, I guess. We weren't suspended or anything. I should heed my own advice, though. YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED. ALL CAPS. Full stop.

I can't believe you guys actually kept track of who was doing what, really. I used FantasyPros and everything was color-coded, but I had no idea about draft strategy or the like. The only thing I knew was that ilov80s took absolutely nothing at QB for like six rounds because there was no green in his column on the screen to denote a QB had been taken.

That was too much for the system! Too much for the system!

Last edited by a moderator:
SONG:  THE BLACK CROWES - I AIN'T HIDING (Marietta is about 30mi from Atlanta) 

LINK

Been taking these guys a bit in drafts, so I will try to get something in there that's newer or not on the main two albums that get picked.  
This song is really good. I haven't paid attention to the Crowes in about 20 years so I'd never heard it before. 

Just finished A Ghost is Born and thought it was pretty good. Not as good as YHF but much better than Being There. Only track I couldn't take was Less Than You Think which you warned me about. 

Fav tracks- the late greats, handshake drugs,spiders, wishful thinking. 

Going to take a break from the Wilco and give the playlist a listen. Will try Summertime for my next Wilco.
Listened to 2 play throughs of Summer Teeth today and of the 4 I like this one best. I didn't care for Pieholden Suite or Candyfloss but the rest was okay to good.

fav tracks- Can't Stand It, A Shot in the Arm,I'm Always in Love and She's a Jar. 

I rank the 4 albums 1) Summer Teeth 2)Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 3) A Ghost is Born 4) Being There

It's not my typical music so can't say I'd listen to them very often but at least have added them as an option.

rockaction said:
I can't believe you guys actually kept track of who was doing what, really. I used FantasyPros and everything was color-coded, but I had no idea about draft strategy or the like. The only thing I knew was that ilov80s took absolutely nothing at QB for like six rounds because there was no green in his column on the screen to denote a QB had been taken.

I was able to sort of keep track until around the 7th or 8th pick. I’m super excited the season starts in 2 days. 

@zamboni @mphtrilogy@Bracie Smathers@Hot Sauce Guy

Any interest in this? I know zamboni had inquired a bit over a year ago. You're all guys I figured might be interested in this whole shebang. 
Sorry I missed this - and thanks for the signal. Just finished my first imposed holiday in my 17-year existence here (more if you include Old Yeller). Only you good folks in these threads made me want to return. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I missed this - and thanks for the signal. Just finished my first imposed holiday in my 17-year existence (more if you include Old Yeller) on these boards. Only you good folks in these threads made me want to return. 
No sweat. Sorry you couldn't participate. That's kind of a bummer that you got a holiday and missed it. Swept up in the madness, perchance?

rockaction said:

I used a leftover old school paper draft grid to keep track of the draft. Also tried the FBG draft dominator for the first time ever but it didn't seem to take the 2QBs and scoring system into account  

Users who are viewing this thread