What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (3 Viewers)

No sweat. Sorry you couldn't participate. That's kind of a bummer that you got a holiday and missed it. Swept up in the madness, perchance?
One joke in a non-political thread that I apologized for. Apparently it obfuscated 17 years of being a good, respectful corporate citizen. I’ll leave it at that.

No sweat. Sorry you couldn't participate. That's kind of a bummer that you got a holiday and missed it. Swept up in the madness, perchance?
One joke in a non-political thread that I apologized for. Apparently it obfuscated 17 years of being a good, respectful corporate citizen. I’ll leave it at that.
Yeah, mine was my first as well and I've been around since old yeller as well. Sign o the times (or something like that).

I think it's probably difficult for occasional PSF posters/long time FBGs (including myself here) to comprehend what a buzzsaw of trolling and timeouts it is. 

NBA thread? That one got a lot of people once the trolls rolled in.

rockaction said:
I can't believe you guys actually kept track of who was doing what, really.
I didn't. Part of it was that I was really busy with work during the first half of the draft, but part was, with my two keeper leagues skipping this year and only one money league going (a redraft), and so much else going on, I just haven't followed the FF chatter very much. I mainly used Fantasypros rankings (for the appropriate format) for this and will do so again for my money redraft that drafts on Friday. 

I didn't. Part of it was that I was really busy with work during the first half of the draft, but part was, with my two keeper leagues skipping this year and only one money league going (a redraft), and so much else going on, I just haven't followed the FF chatter very much. I mainly used Fantasypros rankings (for the appropriate format) for this and will do so again for my money redraft that drafts on Friday. 
I'm surprised you had any time to draft given the prolific nature of your writings and linkage re: Neil Young. That would take up all my time for about five years, never mind a few months.

Listened to 2 play throughs of Summer Teeth today and of the 4 I like this one best. I didn't care for Pieholden Suite or Candyfloss but the rest was okay to good.

fav tracks- Can't Stand It, A Shot in the Arm,I'm Always in Love and She's a Jar. 

I rank the 4 albums 1) Summer Teeth 2)Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 3) A Ghost is Born 4) Being There

It's not my typical music so can't say I'd listen to them very often but at least have added them as an option.
Those four seem to be the most popular from that album. I'm also partial to When You Wake Up Feeling Old.

The others that are good mostly all the way through are Sky Blue Sky and Star Wars. SBS was their first studio record with Nels Cline and surprised people because it had none of the dissonance or experimentation of A Ghost Is Born. It's mostly "dad rock." But the songs are very good. Star Wars is their best of relatively recent vintage and returns to experimental stuff on a few tracks, but is mostly just solid rockers and midtempo chuggers. The remaining albums have their high points but are inconsistent. 

I'm surprised you had any time to draft given the prolific nature of your writings and linkage re: Neil Young. That would take up all my time for about five years, never mind a few months.
That played a role too. But it's pretty easy to do a non-disastrous FF redraft without too much preparation these days. It seems like in the past 10 years or so, redrafts are really won on the WW and by lineup decisions. Keepers and dynasties are a different beast, of course. 

I started my career in the newspaper industry, so I can write fast. (But probably not as fast as Krista, she puts out more material per day when she does her countdowns than I did on mine.)

Same here. Really excited for the year to begin. For this game, I have Mahomes in two leagues (this league and my new pet dynasty one) so this should be a fun watch on Thursday without the usual look of a beat down mid-week squad. Plus, Watson and Fuller. What's not to love right now?

Some of my week one matchups here are... not favourable :lol:

(Mayfield/OBJ vs. CLE, Hopkins vs. SF). CMac and Ekeler going to need to carry me. 

Bidding on Robinson was a bit lower than I expected. I bid $9 just to keep everyone honest. 
I'm the sucka that got him. Figured that was the max I'd pay for a lotto ticket with guys in his own RB room still on the IR.

Added: James Robinson

Song: Water Water Everywhere - The Arrivals (Robinson is from Rockford, 88 miles from Chicago, where the Arrivals are located)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa. Mahomes goes tonight. That's my big gun for the week. Over under TD passes at 2.5?

If he throws three, I'm in good shape. Otherwise, I hardly see him hitting projections.

I made 3 prop bets tonight:

• David Johnson O50.5 rushing yards
  • Tyreek Hill O69.5 receiving yards
  • Mecole Hardman O2.5 receptions
So far the first one looks good, the other two not so much early as KC feeds Watkins and Robinson

Cliffs notes?
FBG Duck is a rapper who died recently, apparently. They took out an ill-advised thread saying "FBG Duck Dead." Needless to say, jokes ensued about not only his status as an FBGer, but also about death and ducks. I admit to staying far, far away because I knew it was coming. Joe and co. do not like jokes about dead people. They don't even like music drafts involving them. So...people got nuked.

Somebody started a thread about the thread of rapper FBG Duck but didn't further identify, so some people thought or at least joked that they thought it was an actual FBG (mostly SFBayDuck, I think).  Jokes ensued, none of which I remember, but there was a massacre of good posters.
I made one of those jokes - seemed harmless at the time, but admittedly  it was wrong and later apologized.

Never got a response back and don’t want to jeopardize my existence here again, so I’ll hold the editorial comments.

I made one of those jokes - seemed harmless at the time, but admittedly  it was wrong and later apologized.

Never got a response back and don’t want to jeopardize my existence here again, so I’ll hold the editorial comments.
I'll editorialise, Joe/the moderation team has completely lost the plot. I see JonMX and Stealthycat post a dozen more offensive things a day than what you or I got banned for.  But somehow those and their ilk have convinced the moderation team that they're the ones unfairly singled out, so they no longer face punishment.

How about stop saying racist things, #######s. 

I'll editorialise, Joe/the moderation team has completely lost the plot. I see JonMX and Stealthycat post a dozen more offensive things a day than what you or I got banned for.  But somehow those and their ilk have convinced the moderation team that they're the ones unfairly singled out, so they no longer face punishment.

How about stop saying racist things, #######s. 
Agreed. I'll editorialize then too. I lost a lot of respect for the way things operate around here. I used to think that most posters who left for good were mainly those just wanted to push the envelope and couldn't. Now I understand that's not the case. As mentioned earlier, if it wasn't for these music drafts/threads, I'd be gone for good, too. Sad commentary given that I've spent a good part of my 30s and 40s here.    

Users who are viewing this thread