What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (1 Viewer)

Thursday’s game was exciting but also predictable. Chiefs won easily, BOB’s offense looked bad and basically every startable fantasy player hit their projection. It was a mild start. Nobody blew up and nobody fell on their face. Sunday will be an explosion with so many games going off at once. 

Thursday’s game was exciting but also predictable. Chiefs won easily, BOB’s offense looked bad and basically every startable fantasy player hit their projection. It was a mild start. Nobody blew up and nobody fell on their face. Sunday will be an explosion with so many games going off at once. 
Sammy Watkins exceeded his projections (but he does things like that once or twice a season). Hill was a slight disappointment, I'd imagine, but was still solid. But overall, very on point.

Props to whoever drafted Ain't it Fun by Rocket From the Tombs. Liked it so much listened to the whole live album and it's all good. Shame they were only around for about a year. Kinda like the Cleveland version of Frijid Pink. :headbang:

Dr. Octopus said:
Sammy Watkins exceeded his projections (but he does things like that once or twice a season). Hill was a slight disappointment, I'd imagine, but was still solid. But overall, very on point.
Yeah Sammy had a nice game and the biggest surprise probably. Though I agree it’s hard to see him keeping it up. Tyreek had 15 PPR points which is basically what he averaged last year. 

I actually have a draft tonight (PPR, one QB). I don't think we'll see anything weird based on last night's game. David Johnson might go a little higher than he would have before. CEH maybe goes in the mid first instead of the late first. 

Last edited by a moderator:
zamboni said:
Agreed. I'll editorialize then too. I lost a lot of respect for the way things operate around here. I used to think that most posters who left for good were mainly those just wanted to push the envelope and couldn't. Now I understand that's not the case. As mentioned earlier, if it wasn't for these music drafts/threads, I'd be gone for good, too. Sad commentary given that I've spent a good part of my 30s and 40s here.    
Yep, pretty good metaphor for the whole country 

Northern Voice said:
I'll editorialise, Joe/the moderation team has completely lost the plot. I see JonMX and Stealthycat post a dozen more offensive things a day than what you or I got banned for.  But somehow those and their ilk have convinced the moderation team that they're the ones unfairly singled out, so they no longer face punishment.

How about stop saying racist things, #######s. 
I had to pop in to see what the BLM thread looked like after the KC fans booed the sign of unity last night. Yikes, lots of support for the booing. 

Northern Voice said:
Throws 3 and 211 yards and still a few points short of Yahoo projections :lmao:
Yeah, his projection looked too high to me at first, but it probably was close -- Mahomes was a little low in the yardage category. They ran the ball quite a bit last night. I think one more touchdown or a hundred more yards and he would have hit his projection, by and large. I only say a hundred yards casually because 311 yards is not out of any realm of Mahomes's averages.

Damn, I'm an interested party, but that one's tough. Thought process: If you gave me the options, I'd lean Miller or Montgomery. I hate relying on backs for their seven-ten possible touches through the air. The coach seems to have praised Robinson's catching and blocking, but we don't know how true that is, either, so it's possible game script and talent determine Thompson sees more snaps than not. Miller vs. Montgomery is game-script dependent and depends how much stomach you have for Miller's shoulder and Montgomery's groin (I still can't believe he's already playing, frankly, but I'm not privy to any inside info, nor did I even see the injury, so I'm just going off reports.)

In the end, I would go Montgomery, even though I've never been sold on him (sorry 'bout that -- maybe he turns it around his second year. I saw a lot of dancing in the backfield last year.)

Damn, I'm an interested party, but that one's tough. Thought process: If you gave me the options, I'd lean Miller or Montgomery. I hate relying on backs for their seven-ten possible touches through the air. The coach seems to have praised Robinson's catching and blocking, but we don't know how true that is, either, so it's possible game script and talent determine Thompson sees more snaps than not. Miller vs. Montgomery is game-script dependent and depends how much stomach you have for Miller's shoulder and Montgomery's groin (I still can't believe he's already playing, frankly, but I'm not privy to any inside info, nor did I even see the injury, so I'm just going off reports.)

In the end, I would go Montgomery, even though I've never been sold on him (sorry 'bout that -- maybe he turns it around his second year. I saw a lot of dancing in the backfield last year.)
I don't particularly love Montgomery either but the situation he's in and them not bringing anyone else in even with his injuries, he should gets lots of touches this year by hook or crook. For this week though, who knows what it looks like. I do like Miller's talent but he's burned me so many times (I've owned him here all three years) I kind of need to see it from him first.

Thompson is probably me overreacting to this tweet saying Robinson won't necessarily be the lead back, plus Marrone clearly loves him and made sure they got him and the fact that they'll likely be behind all day and he's a legitimately good receiver. I could easily see him getting more touches than Montgomery this week and also doing more with them. He probably has the lowest floor too, which isn't good, he's kind of the home run swing. I'll probably change ten times between now and kickoff, depending on what news there is regarding Montgomery's groin.

Nice add, I thought I could sneak that through for a value. I’m not doing well with the WW. 
Although my home league is a 2qb league, this super-flex format is a bit new to format me as that 3rd qb looks to be a must have on the bench this year, we’ll see if Mitch keeps the job....

Nice add, I thought I could sneak that through for a value. I’m not doing well with the WW. 
It's just that you're saving lowering the boom for later. I personally dropped Mitch because I wasn't sure he'd make it Week Four, never mind the week when I'd need him because of injury. The bench spot proved too alluring.

Northern Voice said:
WSIS: Chris Thompson, Anthony Miller or David Montgomery and am I crazy for thinking the answer is Thompson...?

As of 3:38 ET, there is no right answer to this question...

Ilov80s said:
Miller and it's not close. The Lions secondary isn't good and has already had a couple big games against Detroit (9/140 and 5/122/1)
As of 4:10 ET, this was the correct answer :bag:

And we have a Raheem Mostert sighting for seventy-six and the touchdown. I have him in two leagues. Big believer. Right on!

Users who are viewing this thread