Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, rockaction said:

Whoa. Mahomes goes tonight. That's my big gun for the week. Over under TD passes at 2.5?

If he throws three, I'm in good shape. Otherwise, I hardly see him hitting projections.

Throws 3 and 211 yards and still a few points short of Yahoo projections :lmao:

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2.07:   NICK CHUBB - RB  (went to U of GA) SONG:  B-52s:  MESOPOTAMIA LINK   Trying to dig a tad deeper and have some fun with this playlist.  

This is the second season without one of our original members. The league was started by my brother 21 years ago. Most of the people in the league are people my brother grew up with or met in college

I'm just happy the air quality has improved enough for me to sit back and take a deep breath

Thursday’s game was exciting but also predictable. Chiefs won easily, BOB’s offense looked bad and basically every startable fantasy player hit their projection. It was a mild start. Nobody blew up and nobody fell on their face. Sunday will be an explosion with so many games going off at once. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Thursday’s game was exciting but also predictable. Chiefs won easily, BOB’s offense looked bad and basically every startable fantasy player hit their projection. It was a mild start. Nobody blew up and nobody fell on their face. Sunday will be an explosion with so many games going off at once. 

Sammy Watkins exceeded his projections (but he does things like that once or twice a season). Hill was a slight disappointment, I'd imagine, but was still solid. But overall, very on point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Sammy Watkins exceeded his projections (but he does things like that once or twice a season). Hill was a slight disappointment, I'd imagine, but was still solid. But overall, very on point.

Yeah Sammy had a nice game and the biggest surprise probably. Though I agree it’s hard to see him keeping it up. Tyreek had 15 PPR points which is basically what he averaged last year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have a draft tonight (PPR, one QB). I don't think we'll see anything weird based on last night's game. David Johnson might go a little higher than he would have before. CEH maybe goes in the mid first instead of the late first. 

Edited by Pip's Invitation
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zamboni said:

Agreed. I'll editorialize then too. I lost a lot of respect for the way things operate around here. I used to think that most posters who left for good were mainly those just wanted to push the envelope and couldn't. Now I understand that's not the case. As mentioned earlier, if it wasn't for these music drafts/threads, I'd be gone for good, too. Sad commentary given that I've spent a good part of my 30s and 40s here.    

Yep, pretty good metaphor for the whole country 

12 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

I'll editorialise, Joe/the moderation team has completely lost the plot. I see JonMX and Stealthycat post a dozen more offensive things a day than what you or I got banned for.  But somehow those and their ilk have convinced the moderation team that they're the ones unfairly singled out, so they no longer face punishment.

How about stop saying racist things, #######s. 

I had to pop in to see what the BLM thread looked like after the KC fans booed the sign of unity last night. Yikes, lots of support for the booing. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

I had to pop in to see what the BLM thread looked like after the KC fans booed the sign of unity last night. Yikes, lots of support for the booing. 

WHY? That board is a giant cesspool of depressing suckage. As are politics forums everywhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

WHY? That board is a giant cesspool of depressing suckage. As are politics forums everywhere. 

I like seeing the curtain pulled back on the country to see what people really think what rarely say in person. It’s illuminating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, zamboni said:
On 9/8/2020 at 7:40 PM, Ilov80s said:

NBA thread? That one got a lot of people once the trolls rolled in.

No - the one about FBG Duck.

What the heck is "FBG Duck"?

EDIT: Never mind, just read the Cliffs on the previous page. I'm trained to read "FBG" strictly as "FootballGuys".

Edited by Doug B
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Throws 3 and 211 yards and still a few points short of Yahoo projections :lmao:

Yeah, his projection looked too high to me at first, but it probably was close -- Mahomes was a little low in the yardage category. They ran the ball quite a bit last night. I think one more touchdown or a hundred more yards and he would have hit his projection, by and large. I only say a hundred yards casually because 311 yards is not out of any realm of Mahomes's averages.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, Northern Voice said:

First Wave Intact - Secret Machines  Dallas band who was big in the 00s. They have a new album coming after like 10 years off but I'm going with a classic.

I really like this. I know of the band but don't know anything about them. What else would you recommend? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seriously have an uninspiring slot guy on my bench when the rook X is still there.

Added: Bryan Edwards

Song: Young Jeezy ft. Jay-Z - Go Crazy (Jeezy was born in Columbia, SC, where Edwards went to school)

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I'm an interested party, but that one's tough. Thought process: If you gave me the options, I'd lean Miller or Montgomery. I hate relying on backs for their seven-ten possible touches through the air. The coach seems to have praised Robinson's catching and blocking, but we don't know how true that is, either, so it's possible game script and talent determine Thompson sees more snaps than not. Miller vs. Montgomery is game-script dependent and depends how much stomach you have for Miller's shoulder and Montgomery's groin (I still can't believe he's already playing, frankly, but I'm not privy to any inside info, nor did I even see the injury, so I'm just going off reports.)

In the end, I would go Montgomery, even though I've never been sold on him (sorry 'bout that -- maybe he turns it around his second year. I saw a lot of dancing in the backfield last year.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Damn, I'm an interested party, but that one's tough. Thought process: If you gave me the options, I'd lean Miller or Montgomery. I hate relying on backs for their seven-ten possible touches through the air. The coach seems to have praised Robinson's catching and blocking, but we don't know how true that is, either, so it's possible game script and talent determine Thompson sees more snaps than not. Miller vs. Montgomery is game-script dependent and depends how much stomach you have for Miller's shoulder and Montgomery's groin (I still can't believe he's already playing, frankly, but I'm not privy to any inside info, nor did I even see the injury, so I'm just going off reports.)

In the end, I would go Montgomery, even though I've never been sold on him (sorry 'bout that -- maybe he turns it around his second year. I saw a lot of dancing in the backfield last year.)

 

I don't particularly love Montgomery either but the situation he's in and them not bringing anyone else in even with his injuries, he should gets lots of touches this year by hook or crook. For this week though, who knows what it looks like. I do like Miller's talent but he's burned me so many times (I've owned him here all three years) I kind of need to see it from him first.

Thompson is probably me overreacting to this tweet saying Robinson won't necessarily be the lead back, plus Marrone clearly loves him and made sure they got him and the fact that they'll likely be behind all day and he's a legitimately good receiver. I could easily see him getting more touches than Montgomery this week and also doing more with them. He probably has the lowest floor too, which isn't good, he's kind of the home run swing. I'll probably change ten times between now and kickoff, depending on what news there is regarding Montgomery's groin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

I can't seriously have an uninspiring slot guy on my bench when the rook X is still there.

Added: Bryan Edwards

Song: Young Jeezy ft. Jay-Z - Go Crazy (Jeezy was born in Columbia, SC, where Edwards went to school)

Was just thinking, "I should double check to see if Edwards is available". Nice add. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

WSIS: Chris Thompson, Anthony Miller or David Montgomery and am I crazy for thinking the answer is Thompson...?

Miller and it's not close. The Lions secondary isn't good and has already had a couple big games against Detroit (9/140 and 5/122/1)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Nice add, I thought I could sneak that through for a value. I’m not doing well with the WW. 

Although my home league is a 2qb league, this super-flex format is a bit new to format me as that 3rd qb looks to be a must have on the bench this year, we’ll see if Mitch keeps the job....

Edited by mphtrilogy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mphtrilogy said:

Picked up Mitchell Trubisky, QB, Bears, off Waivers, Paul Butterfield was born in Chicago

I'm in a perpetual FB messenger chat with some fellow music geeks. We were just discussing this song before I popped over here. 😅

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I'm in a perpetual FB messenger chat with some fellow music geeks. We were just discussing this song before I popped over here. 😅

Just Starting to get into PBBB lots of good stuff 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Nice add, I thought I could sneak that through for a value. I’m not doing well with the WW. 

It's just that you're saving lowering the boom for later. I personally dropped Mitch because I wasn't sure he'd make it Week Four, never mind the week when I'd need him because of injury. The bench spot proved too alluring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

WSIS: Chris Thompson, Anthony Miller or David Montgomery and am I crazy for thinking the answer is Thompson...?

 

32 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

As of 3:38 ET, there is no right answer to this question...

 

19 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Miller and it's not close. The Lions secondary isn't good and has already had a couple big games against Detroit (9/140 and 5/122/1)

As of 4:10 ET, this was the correct answer :bag:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...