Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation

1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

Brady has 157 passing yards but has been gifted at least 100 more in phantom PI penalties.

Those don't count in fantasy, unfortunately. I thought the calls were legit, though. No good?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2.07:   NICK CHUBB - RB  (went to U of GA) SONG:  B-52s:  MESOPOTAMIA LINK   Trying to dig a tad deeper and have some fun with this playlist.  

This is the second season without one of our original members. The league was started by my brother 21 years ago. Most of the people in the league are people my brother grew up with or met in college

I'm just happy the air quality has improved enough for me to sit back and take a deep breath

2 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I just hate Brady. 

I don't care for him, either, so you aren't alone. I really didn't like him when he played for the Patriots. I think one of my favorite football moments was watching the Jets pound the Patriots in a 3-6 game in the playoffs. Rex Ryan, of all people, had Brady so confused he was just yelling at everything up to and including the inanimate objects.

I was giddy. 

eta* I'll soften my stance if he makes Godwin a primo pass catcher again this year.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

I have my National Sales Convention this week. All online. So I have to get dressed up tomorrow AM to sit in front of my webcam from 9-6+ every day. 

Yes, after 6. They're doing all the usual convention stuff. Happy hours, gala dinner, sales awards and anniversary recognition. And doing it after hours as it would have been if it were in Montreal as it usually is. 

I might do 27 add drops this week just for something to do. 

• Laughing 2
10 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I have my National Sales Convention this week. All online. So I have to get dressed up tomorrow AM to sit in front of my webcam from 9-6+ every day. 

Yes, after 6. They're doing all the usual convention stuff. Happy hours, gala dinner, sales awards and anniversary recognition. And doing it after hours as it would have been if it were in Montreal as it usually is. 

I might do 27 add drops this week just for something to do. 

:nopants:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rockaction said:

Added: Jonnu Smith - Tennessee, TE

Song: Hot Dad Calendar

Artist: Cayetana

We can drop players after they already played that week? - seems like a terrible rule as you're allowing teams to have in essence an extra roster spot each week. Not a huge deal but a bit surprised to see it.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

We can drop players after they already played that week? - seems like a terrible rule as you're allowing teams to have in essence an extra roster spot each week. Not a huge deal but a bit surprised to see it.

It's a weird Yahoo quirk. You can drop players who have played as long as they were on your bench. And you can add players up until their game starts and they're locked in. I don't think I can turn it off (and I did the same dropping Duke Johnson after Thursday).

Edited by Northern Voice
15 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

It's a weird Yahoo quirk. You can drop players who have played as long as they were on your bench. And you can add players up until their game starts and they're locked in. I don't think I can turn it off (and I did the same dropping Duke Johnson after Thursday).

Not a big deal - just surprised the site operates that way as a default. Most leagues would never allow that because like I said it’s basically giving you extra roster spots. But now I know. 

2 hours ago, simey said:

Two of my players that I had in my lineup are probably gone for the year due to injury.  That's not a good start to the season!

It's official- Mack done for the year with a torn Achilles. I had started him in 2 other leagues including a keeper(3) league where he was my 2nd round pick.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

It's official- Mack done for the year with a torn Achilles. I had started him in 2 other leagues including a keeper(3) league where he was my 2nd round pick.

:(    That sucks. I bet Jarwin tore his ACL. He just dropped on the field without being touched.  

Edited by simey
8 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Yeah, we did it last year, too. If the guy is on your bench and the other guy hasn't played yet that week, you can drop/add. As soon as he has a score that counts, he's immovable. It allows for shuffling around after watching a performance, but I wouldn't say it's a free roster spot. You have to drop someone for the corresponding add. The cost is in the next best player available from the player pool. You're foregoing him and your original drop for the add. But we did this all of last year, too. I was only reminded because ilov dropped Harris for Henderson. It's a weird quick. 

8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, we did it last year, too. If the guy is on your bench and the other guy hasn't played yet that week, you can drop/add. As soon as he has a score that counts, he's immovable. It allows for shuffling around after watching a performance, but I wouldn't say it's a free roster spot. You have to drop someone for the corresponding add. The cost is in the next best player available from the player pool. You're foregoing him and your original drop for the add. But we did this all of last year, too. I was only reminded because ilov dropped Harris for Henderson. It's a weird quick. 

Of course it’s a free roster spot because you’re dropping some one that did poorly and auditioning some one else for your roster. Once again if we can, we can but it’s a bad “rule”.

• Like 1
Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

Of course it’s a free roster spot because you’re dropping some one that did poorly and auditioning some one else for your roster. Once again if we can, we can but it’s a bad “rule”.

Seems to be the Yahoo default.  I will use it from time to time but if put to a vote, I would vote against it.  

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Ah, I see. Well, that's how it's been every year. We -- as in the collective we -- did it all last year. I'm surprised you find it new.

And it's not a free roster spot. You have to add a guy from a team that hasn't played yet and you have to have used that spot on someone you want to cut. I don't see how that's "free" in any sense. It's a corresponding drop/add, just not when you think waivers should run.

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Ah, I see. Well, that's how it's been every year. We -- as in the collective we -- did it all last year. I'm surprised you find it new.

And it's not a free roster spot. You have to add a guy from a team that hasn't played yet and you have to have used that spot on someone you want to cut. I don't see how that's "free" in any sense. It's a corresponding drop/add, just not when you think waivers should run.

I think it just means it is an extra lotto ticket, especially week 1. You get to see if your longshot guy at 1:00 does anything. If he doesn't you can drop him for a longshot at 4 and then a longshot on Sunday night and then a Monday longshot too. If you actually kept churning like that, it would give one a competitive advantage. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think I'd vote for it, but it's been there. It's especially important this year, when testing for availability is going on every day and before games and the like.

I don't think it's wrong to drop a guy before his game, whether it is COVID before the game or he hurts his knee in warmups. I just don't think you should be able to cut a player once their game actually starts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I think it just means it is an extra lotto ticket, especially week 1. You get to see if your longshot guy at 1:00 does anything. If he doesn't you can drop him for a longshot at 4 and then a longshot on Sunday night and then a Monday longshot too. If you actually kept churning like that, it would give one a competitive advantage. 

Exactly right. You can also use it to see how touches break down at running back. Just don't see how it's "free" in any sense. With five bench players, it's dropping someone of note, usually. I see the churn advantage, but it's somewhat mitigated by the necessity of time constraints and the fact you can't have started a spot starter Week One and then drop him once he's spot started.  

Just now, rockaction said:

Exactly right. You can also use it to see how touches break down at running back. Just don't see how it's "free" in any sense. With five bench players, it's dropping someone of note, usually. I see the churn advantage, but it's somewhat mitigated by the necessity of time constraints and the fact you can't have started a spot starter Week One and then drop him once he's spot started.  

Because you had one extra player on your roster during Week 1. How do you not see it. Read what I love80s said again. That’s the gist of it.

Once again I’m not saying you did anything wrong but the ability to drop a guy that has already played to audition another flyer isn’t allowed in most leagues. Here it so, so it is what it is. We’re all on a level playing field.

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I don't think it's wrong to drop a guy before his game, whether it is COVID before the game or he hurts his knee in warmups. I just don't think you should be able to cut a player once their game actually starts. 

I can see that. Reasonable minds can disagree. Depends how first-come, first-serve you want your waivers to be. I find the other way artificially constraining and for the less attentive.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Because you had one extra player on your roster during Week 1. How do you not see it. Read what I love80s said again. That’s the gist of it.

Once again I’m not saying you did anything wrong but the ability to drop a guy that has already played to audition another flyer isn’t allowed in most leagues. Here it so, so it is what it is. We’re all on a level playing field.

Not really. You could drop a Monday night guy for another Monday night guy and still have used the extra spot all week and be okay in your book. You're looking at it in terms of who has played already. I'm looking in terms of raw numbers. It's not a free spot, it's advanced knowledge you have the trouble with. Like right now I could go drop Chris Boswell for the D kicker or NY Giants kicker and have it be as many players rostered during the week as someone like Edwards who had played. There is no free, there's only like ilov pointed out, the churn and being able to see what happened.

It's moot, as you point out. I wouldn't have assumed you could do this, but it is what it is. 

Edited by rockaction

Not really. You could drop a Monday night guy for another Monday night guy and still have used the extra spot and be okay in your book. You're looking at it in terms of who has played already. I'm looking in terms of raw numbers. It's not free. At all.

I don’t want to beat this to death and I’m not mad or anything but you dropped a guy that played - you got to audition Edwards and when you didn’t like what you see you got to jump the gun of Smith in case he has a big game - that is giving you an extra player than everybody else got to have in Week 1 (obviously others could have done it as well). Once a player has played in a game he should be locked into your roster for that week. This is my last post on it. It’s not a big deal. This is a free league where most people are in it for the music anyway. 

I just don't think we see players of note getting dropped in these scenarios. It's the Darrel Hendersons, Blake Jarwins, Randall Cobb, Bryan Edwards. Those guys who totally whiffed week 1 and don't show any reason to expect different week 2. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I don’t want to beat this to death and I’m not mad or anything but you dropped a guy that played - you got to audition Edwards and when you didn’t like what you see you got to jump the gun of Smith in case he has a big game - that is giving you an extra player than everybody else got to have in Week 1 (obviously others could have done it as well). Once a player has played in a game he should be locked into your roster for that week. This is my last post on it. It’s not a big deal. This is a free league where most people are in it for the music anyway. 

Laughs.

Your first post (not your last) was what I was responding to. That's still not a free spot in any sense of the word. Anybody could have done so. Anybody could have done Monday night for Monday night. The numbers of transactions don't remain constant, but the max roster does. There's no "free" in that. Etc. And on. And we'd argue around in a circle.

It's only the knowledge aspect of it that's the potential problem.

I was not aware that The system allowed this, so this is good info.

Our roster size is small to encourage more adds and thus more song posts, and this serves the same function. If this were a money league I’d say it was a loophole that should be closed, but this is a free league that’s just as much about the songs, so no biggie.

• Like 1

Laughs.

Your first post (not your last) was what I was responding to. That's still not a free spot in any sense of the word. 

Now you’re just being antagonistic. I’m not only done with this conversation but I’m done with this thread. 

Now you’re just being antagonistic. I’m not only done with this conversation but I’m done with this thread.

What if I thought you were being stubborn?

Jeez. I thought Hot Dad Calendar was a good song. 

think whatever you want.

I think you're taking a three-year old rule and now raising an objection and getting sore about the response. The easiest way to mollify everyone to is to throw Smith back and add Edwards. But I can't simply throw Smith back and add Edwards again. He's now on waivers. And I shouldn't have to given that it's part of the league and has been. I know you have opinions on the stuff, but this seems a little out of keeping with just disgruntled. I'm certainly not upset and not done with anything. Take that for what it's worth.

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think you're taking a three-year old rule and now raising an objection and getting sore about the response. 

You may want to go back and read everything I said once again. And I have no idea why you seem hung up and thinking that I’m claiming you did anything wrong or wanting your move reversed. I’m not even calling for the rule to be changed. I feel like I’ve been quite clear that I was just surprised it could be done. No league I’ve ever been a part of has allowed it. I even said “now I know”, meaning I would keep it in mind for the future - as in now that I know you can I may actually do it.

I don’t pay much attention to this league (no disrespect) and was surprised when I saw the transaction. I’m not going into the reasons why it’s usually not allowed again but I never once said you personally did anything wrong - nor did I even complain about the set up. It is what it is. My bad for not knowing it.

You may want to go back and read everything I said once again. And I have no idea why you seem hung up and thinking that I’m claiming you did anything wrong or wanting your move reversed. I’m not even calling for the rule to be changed. I feel like I’ve been quite clear that I was just surprised it could be done. No league I’ve ever been a part of has allowed it. I even said “now I know”, meaning I would keep it in mind for the future - as in now that I know you can I may actually do it.

I don’t pay much attention to this league (no disrespect) and was surprised when I saw the transaction. I’m not going into the reasons why it’s usually not allowed again but I never once said you personally did anything wrong - nor did I even complain about the set up. It is what it is. My bad for not knowing it.

This format is not good to settle grievances when one disagrees with the premise. Yeah, of course I took it personally. My feeling is that any discord sowed is something I'd really like to rectify and quickly since I'm the progenitor of it. Anything that takes away the import of the past fifteen posts or so would be fine in my book. 

I'm not saying that bitterly or in need of further argument. That's how I truly feel about it.

Yeah, of course I took it personally. 

Despite me constantly saying “you did nothing wrong” and when I used “you” to point out actions taken I clearly said “and anyone could have done it”. It was never about you and honestly I shouldn’t have called the rule terrible but that wasn’t really directed NV who set the league up - I was just surprised that Yahoo allows it.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Despite me constantly saying “you did nothing wrong” and when I used “you” to point out actions taken I clearly said “and anyone could have done it”. It was never about you and honestly I shouldn’t have called the rule terrible but that wasn’t really directed NV who set the league up - I was just surprised that Yahoo allows it.

Once had a close law professor tell me, as an aside, that I needn't take everything I was in charge of that went wrong as an indication of my fault. That some things aren't reflective of that. Guess that advice would be applied here.

One positive: Listening to Cayetana's debut album from 2014 again. I should have picked the song "Animal."

If it hasn't been updated, I'll change it.

eta* Added, I think.

Edited by rockaction
2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It is a terrible rule, and I used it earlier after reading in here that I can do it. I couldn't dump Jarwin or Mack (I lost both for the season) though, because they had already played in my lineup. I dumped someone else, and picked up Ebron for the future. So far he doesn't have much stats, but he is on the field and healthy (for now).

Edited by simey
  • Like 1

rough weekend for us NYJet fans simmering over, alas another lost season... my fantasy drafts were pretty miserable as well..  almost need a full rebuild in my home league, the lack of pre-season really affected my drafting compass...

we need the tunes to keep the good vibes up....

Just ordered the new Dawes record coming out next month so there's that 😀

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, mphtrilogy said:

rough weekend for us NYJet fans simmering over, alas another lost season... my fantasy drafts were pretty miserable as well..  almost need a full rebuild in my home league, the lack of pre-season really affected my drafting compass...

The Jets seem to have no interest in keeping even lifelong fans in tow. I didn't even watch the other day. I was more interested in the fantasy football implications of the Raiders WRs going forward. So I watched the Carolina game, mainly. Not that those receivers were great shakes, but just hearing about the Jets gets me nodding in agreement with the naysayers. They're just terrible. A terrible product. Jets fans have never been the classiest of fans, but we deserve better than those performances.

It's not like we're Maple Leafs fans or anything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Recent adds 

Darrel Henderson RB LAR- Straight Shooter by the Mamas and the Papas

Benny Snell RB Pitt (born in Columbus)- Jeers of a Clown by New Bomb Turks

Justin Herbert QB LAC- All I Really Want To Do by The Byrds

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2
  • Love 1