What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

Hopefully Doug checks in soon, because I have to leave by 10:30, and I'll be gone for about 2.5  to 3 hours.
You can PM me your pick if you'd like. Just send your first choice and then second most desired football guy and song. He can't pick both.

Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City

Song: Buddy Holly - Heartbeat (Holly was born in Lubbock. Mahomes went to school in Lubbock.)

eta* I had this all picked out down to this very song our first year, and Dr. Octopus sniped me. This was back when Mahomes was an unknown entity. He went on to throw for fifty TDs that year. Oof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the songs just going in collective playlist?  We supposed to be doing a flowing individual playlist?
Collective playlist is good, if you want to try to do a shtick/theme, feel free but it will be pretty tough with the geographic limitations.

I'm not sure I'm going to worry about putting the youtube links in the google doc. We have the playlist and if you want to post a youtube with your pick for those who don't go straight to spotify, that's cool too, just one less thing to stay on top of. 

So that I don’t hold things up just give me QB Dak Prescott. I’ll add a song later.

Also tomorrow is my in person long running league’s draft so not sure if there’s a clock but I will not be checking in at all.

1.09 Derek Henry

played ball at Alabama, birthplace of Jason Isbell, last of my kind from the album the Nashville Sound, also home of the Tennessee Titans DH's current team...
      :penalty:    Isbell's hometown is not within 100 miles of Tuscaloosa or 100 miles of Nashville. Henry was born in Florida, so that won't work either. 

When you draft a football player you must also pick a song performed by an artist (solo or band) who can trace origins to either:

The player's NFL city. -OR-

His College -OR-

His place of birth

WITHIN 100 MILES of any of the above is fine

Last edited by a moderator:
      :penalty:    Isbell's hometown is not within 100 miles of Tuscaloosa or 100 miles of Nashville. Henry was born in Florida, so that won't work either. 
oh didn't see the mileage limit, let me rethink, carry on, but I'll stick take Henry

1.03 - Christian McCaffrey, RB, CAR

And It's Still Alright - Nathaniel Rateliff (Denver is 26 miles from Castle Rock where McCaffrey was born)
Cool song.  Never heard it, I like it a lot.  This is the kind of stuff I'll never be able to post.  I'm just not up on most modern music, and certainly not the stuff that is not super mainstream.  Oh well, shall do my best!
You might be more familiar with S.O.B. with his band the Night Sweats. His solo album is a bit different but equally impressive IMO. That song I posted has become my favourite of his.

Users who are viewing this thread