Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation

8 minutes ago, simey said:

Hopefully Doug checks in soon, because I have to leave by 10:30, and I'll be gone for about 2.5  to 3 hours.

You can PM me your pick if you'd like. Just send your first choice and then second most desired football guy and song. He can't pick both.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2.07:   NICK CHUBB - RB  (went to U of GA) SONG:  B-52s:  MESOPOTAMIA LINK   Trying to dig a tad deeper and have some fun with this playlist.  

This is the second season without one of our original members. The league was started by my brother 21 years ago. Most of the people in the league are people my brother grew up with or met in college

I'm just happy the air quality has improved enough for me to sit back and take a deep breath

No sweat. Thanks for picking.

I've got simey's pick.

It's Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens.

Beach House -- Majorette (from Baltimore)

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City

Song: Buddy Holly - Heartbeat (Holly was born in Lubbock. Mahomes went to school in Lubbock.)

eta* I had this all picked out down to this very song our first year, and Dr. Octopus sniped me. This was back when Mahomes was an unknown entity. He went on to throw for fifty TDs that year. Oof.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Are the songs just going in collective playlist?  We supposed to be doing a flowing individual playlist?

Collective playlist is good, if you want to try to do a shtick/theme, feel free but it will be pretty tough with the geographic limitations.

I'm not sure I'm going to worry about putting the youtube links in the google doc. We have the playlist and if you want to post a youtube with your pick for those who don't go straight to spotify, that's cool too, just one less thing to stay on top of. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

YouTube is down on my end or I'd link Mr. Holly for the world to hear. Love that song. 

Youtube's not down for me, but videos are playing at limited resolution. Wonder what's up?

3 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Youtube's not down for me, but videos are playing at limited resolution. Wonder what's up?

Dunno. Mine's just spinning around and around, but it does that at times when I have too many screens up. I'll just edit the post later.

6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

YouTube is down on my end or I'd link Mr. Holly for the world to hear. Love that song. 

4 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Heartbeat

Youtube is fine up here in the great white north :shrug:

• Thinking 1
5 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Youtube is fine up here in the great white north :shrug:

You guys have it pretty good up there these days. Especially Toronto and Edmonton. A+ stuff so far from the NHL.

12 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You guys have it pretty good up there these days. Especially Toronto and Edmonton. A+ stuff so far from the NHL.

Yeah, I'm shocked how well the NHL bubble has worked, hopefully they continue to have the same success.

I have 0 clue what is going on.  So this where I draft for music, and not for players since I know zip about football, right??

1.06:  ALVIN KAMARA - RB,     born in Atlanta

SONG:  OUTKAST - SpottieOttieDopaliscious 

LINK

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 6

So that I don’t hold things up just give me QB Dak Prescott. I’ll add a song later.

Also tomorrow is my in person long running league’s draft so not sure if there’s a clock but I will not be checking in at all.

7 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

He took my guy so going back to my first choice,lol.

1/8 K Murray QB Ariz

Stevie Nicks Edge of 17

I just drafted that in our Desert Island theme draft. It was sampled in "Bootylicious" by Destiny's Child. Nice pull.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

1.09 Derek Henry

played ball at Alabama, birthplace of Jason Isbell, last of my kind from the album the Nashville Sound, also home of the Tennessee Titans DH's current team...

:penalty:   Isbell's hometown is not within 100 miles of Tuscaloosa or 100 miles of Nashville. Henry was born in Florida, so that won't work either. 

When you draft a football player you must also pick a song performed by an artist (solo or band) who can trace origins to either:

The player's NFL city. -OR-

His College -OR-

His place of birth

WITHIN 100 MILES of any of the above is fine

Edited by simey
2 minutes ago, simey said:

:penalty:   Isbell's hometown is not within 100 miles of Tuscaloosa or 100 miles of Nashville. Henry was born in Florida, so that won't work either. 

oh didn't see the mileage limit, let me rethink, carry on, but I'll stick take Henry

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

1.03 - Christian McCaffrey, RB, CAR

And It's Still Alright - Nathaniel Rateliff (Denver is 26 miles from Castle Rock where McCaffrey was born)

Cool song.  Never heard it, I like it a lot.  This is the kind of stuff I'll never be able to post.  I'm just not up on most modern music, and certainly not the stuff that is not super mainstream.  Oh well, shall do my best!

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

That's what I get for not being able to think of any QBs this am.  :lol:

According to Fantasy Pros VBD score, you picked the exact right guy, so there's solace in that. The mini-QB run happened after you did.

32 minutes ago, facook said:
3 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

1.03 - Christian McCaffrey, RB, CAR

And It's Still Alright - Nathaniel Rateliff (Denver is 26 miles from Castle Rock where McCaffrey was born)

Cool song.  Never heard it, I like it a lot.  This is the kind of stuff I'll never be able to post.  I'm just not up on most modern music, and certainly not the stuff that is not super mainstream.  Oh well, shall do my best!

You might be more familiar with S.O.B. with his band the Night Sweats. His solo album is a bit different but equally impressive IMO. That song I posted has become my favourite of his.

• Like 2