What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (1 Viewer)

I'd think you guys that did these before have a huge edge on the music side. I generally have no idea where a band is from let alone which colleges are within 100 miles of there.

I can keep up with the player picks but expect big delays in the music Sat night and Sun because I have 3 real drafts then. Sunday afternoon Im hosting the first ever outdoor draft for the league I've commished since 1995.
I have to search for artists from the areas and then my whole strategy will be to pick songs I like by one of those artists.  :lmao:

Heh. And I thought with simey and Doug B popping in that it might get back to me tonight. I guess there's still time, but I'm gonna exhale a bit. I did not like going WR there, but I didn't trust any RBs in that range. I'll just dwell on it all night, no biggie. Proof is in the Godwin.
He knows we are waiting. How ruuuuuuuuuude.  :grad:    Someone needs to put this under his buttocks.  

He knows we are waiting. How ruuuuuuuuuude.  :grad:    Someone needs to put this under his buttocks.  
Our fearless commish will come through. Maybe tomorrow, but he'll come through. Come to think of it, though this has gone faster than our other drafts in the years prior.  You can't rush a good play list, after all.

eta* I knew it was pub night. :lmao: . Poor NV, racing home breathless. Don't do it, man! It ain't worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Our fearless commish will come through. Maybe tomorrow, but he'll come through. Come to think of it, though this has gone faster than our other drafts in the years prior.  You can't rush a good play list, after all.
This has not gone faster than our past football drafts. 

Heh. And I thought with simey and Doug B popping in that it might get back to me tonight. I guess there's still time, but I'm gonna exhale a bit. I did not like going WR there, but I didn't trust any RBs in that range. I'll just dwell on it all night, no biggie. Proof is in the Godwin.
Yeah, I wad 50-50 with Thomas vs CEH but took the sure thing with Thomas. Then it was too tempting not to take Adams in the 2nd. I think I have 2 of the top 3 leaders in targets this year. 

Yeah, I wad 50-50 with Thomas vs CEH but took the sure thing with Thomas. Then it was too tempting not to take Adams in the 2nd. I think I have 2 of the top 3 leaders in targets this year. 
I remember you taking all of those WR's last year. Like five in a row.

I remember you taking all of those WR's last year. Like five in a row.
I did and it looks like I am back on the same ride this year. I think I was in a similar draft slot, I tend to go WR heavy when I am near the back. Plus it's fun even if it doesn't always work out during the season.

I remember now, it was Adams, Julio, Mike Evans and Adam Thielen. Good strategy, just got bit by injuries to Adams and Thielen and my prized mid round RB Sony Michel was garbage. 

The Hold Steady are in my top 3 favourite bands all time and with picking Ekeler, I may may keep Ekeler Parties as my team name but I'll pick a song that better suits. 

And also another beer! let's go @Ilov80s @KarmaPolice @The Dreaded Marco @JZilla @krista4 @Eephus @El Floppo @Steve Tasker.... who am I missing for Friday beers and italics...
Present!  Wish I hadn't given up fantasy football a few years ago so I could have joined this.  I was thinking of starting it up again this year, and then...pandemic.

I've still been reading the thread anyway.  :)

C'mon, Be Cosmically Conscious,
Cosmically Conscious With Me
How To Be Cosmically Conscious,
Cosmically Conscious With Me

Such A Joy, Joy
Such A Joy, Joy
So That Means
Such A Joy

&

Killer parties almost killed me
Killer parties almost killed me

And if she says we partied, then I'm pretty sure we partied
I really don't remember
I remember we departed from our bodies
We woke up in Ybor City

---

I'm wearing an Ybor shirt as we speak. In pre-covid times, I made a trip to Tampa and stayed in Ybor, for 1000% Hold Steady reasons. Honestly the place is all bars, tattoo parlors and cigar shops, so yeah, mini Bourbon Street I think (never been there) but such an incredibly fun week...

I was outside all night FWIW.  I have been inside in the pub but only for one Leafs game.

Don't want to turn things political but I think we had a little over 400 new cases in the entire country today. Not ideal but... pretty good.
We're doing better here in Washington.  We technically can eat inside at restaurants if we're just with people from our same household, but the cats don't like the same spots I do.  This time of year is prime weather here, though, so I've been able to eat outside quite a few times.  Can't really complain.  :)   The word "pub" made me thinking of sitting on a barstool at the bar, which we can't do anywhere, and it's sad how much I want to do that!

Closing time
Time for you to go out go out into the world.
Closing time
Turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time
One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

&

Late at night, do you lay around wondering?
Counting all the lines, ain't so funny now
Say, times are hard, you get this far, but it
Ain't the way that you want
I'll be damned if this old man don't
Start to count on his losses
But it's still alright

Come on, give me some spirit
Don't take too much to get me excited
Whisper, I'll listen to hear it
Just show me some sign of life
I know you must hold secrets
Such a long way from home
You're a lost letter needs delivery
Someday you'll be where you should go
Someday you won't be so alone

King of the empathy, you resent me, king of remorse
King of my enemies, may they father feed, I rejoice
King of the skyscrapers, dodging haters, broke religion
Nine faces, go against 'em, I erased 'em with precision
I embrace them with collision
Kings did it, king vision, Black Panther, King Kendrick

Strange we hold on to things that have no grace
Or power
While death holds on to us much more with every
Passing hour
And all the time you thought it would last
Your life, your friends would always be
'Til they're drunk away or shot away or die away
From you.

Well, those aren't an upper.  RIP George and Chadwick.

King of the empathy, you resent me, king of remorse
King of my enemies, may they father feed, I rejoice
King of the skyscrapers, dodging haters, broke religion
Nine faces, go against 'em, I erased 'em with precision
I embrace them with collision
Kings did it, king vision, Black Panther, King Kendrick
:heart:  

She appears composed, so she is, I suppose
Who can really tell?
She shows no emotion at all
Stares into space like a dead china doll

I'm never gonna know you now, but I'm gonna love you anyhow

Now she's done and they're calling someone
Such a familiar name
I'm so glad that my memory's remote

Missing this draft.  I'm pretty sure this is the first year in 30 that I have not had a single FF team. 

Nice job so far.  I'll keep following along.

The truth is an unnamed source

The truth is not available for comment at this time

The truth is an infinite playlist

The truth is not what you expected

The truth has over one hundred million views

The truth is unverified and unverifiable

But it is the truth if I say it is

The truth will not be televised

The truth is we're no longer sure it is my voice on those recordings

The truth is a sinking ship

The truth is a moot point

Cry me a river!

I have to look up a lot artists/bands all the time in this draft, especially when picking players from colleges or teams in the midwest. 

My long-time league draft is tomorrow, but I am not going in person. First time ever. I just don't feel comfortable being around those league members with possible cooties since Covid is spreading all around these parts.  I bought my first laptop ever recently so I will Zoom. One of the league members from out of state is Zooming too, and another out of stater might be Zooming as well.
Same here.  We usually draft at a really good Mexican restaurant for a few hours.  This is so odd.

Users who are viewing this thread