What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (1 Viewer)

I was listening to Karma Police the other night and of course thought of our friend here. OK Computer is just such an album. I was spinning Kid A, too, as well as Amnesiac. Good stuff.
:thumbup:

It really is.   Been listening to their newer stuff, but still can't seem to do Amnesiac and get over my dislike of a couple songs.  

Lol.  Sorry you got the brunt of it.  I wanted to argue about the lack of menace for the 16pt getter in supporting actor, but didn't want to bring down the thread again.  
No sweat. And I kind of tangentially caught the menace thing the other day. a wikkid-ism/criteria for judging supporting actors, right? Menace. wik will surely argue rage as the font of all human creativity, that's for sure. No accident that "menace" played a role here. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to know what makes the judges tick. That is your charge, your duty. Wik needs menace.

So there will be four of my league members on Zoom today at 1. Me, two guys from out of state, and one guy here in town that has Covid.

Is the guy with COVID okay?
He's sick, but at home. He is one of my brother's best friends. I hope my brother doesn't have it and not realize it. My brother called me today, and said the guy got back from vacation not feeling well, and got tested and tested positive. My brother said he hasn't been close to him, and has had a mask on when he was around him. All I know is before this guy went out of town and came back and tested positive, my brother was hanging out with him maskless and riding in the car with him, etc. 

He's sick, but at home. He is one of my brother's best friends. I hope my brother doesn't have it and not realize it. My brother called me today, and said the guy got back from vacation not feeling well, and got tested and tested positive. My brother said he hasn't been close to him, and has had a mask on when he was around him. All I know is before this guy went out of town and came back and tested positive, my brother was hanging out with him maskless and riding in the car with him, etc. 
Oh dear. Well, thoughts sent you and your brother's way. Let's hope it's harder to catch than by maskless excursions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. Well, thoughts sent you and your brother's way. Let's hope it's harder to catch than by maskless excursions.
I haven't been around my brother in two weeks, and I'm not around him often anyway, and if I am I keep my distance. I worry about my parents who get too close to him when seeing him outside.  He still hangs around his friends who hang around friends who hang around friends.

I haven't been around my brother in two weeks, and I'm not around him often anyway, and if I am I keep my distance. I worry about my parents who get too close to him when seeing him outside.  He still hangs around his friends who hang around friends who hang around friends.
Sad how what is a caring and responsible act has changed, and isolation and distance is the moral rule. But that's the true test of caring these days, I guess.

I'm doing an online only draft at 7est tonight but should be able to keep up . No Zoom though, just staring at my laptop while jamming tunes,cracking beers and smoking some wings and myself .

Where's Pip? His write-ups about Neil Young are incredible simply for the links. So many of them! Geez. I have to say that Rockin' In The Free World is a righteous song. #2 ain't bad. My friend from D.C. used to sing it jokingly to me as my theme song whenever I'd enter anywhere, usually a bit tipsy back then.

Keep on rockin' in the free world!
Thanks! I’m working at a virtual conference all day but am taking lunch now. I’ll post #1 when I’m done and will try to keep track of progress here. The busiest part of my day is done.

Thanks! I’m working at a virtual conference all day but am taking lunch now. I’ll post #1 when I’m done and will try to keep track of progress here. The busiest part of my day is done.
Oh, that was just rhetorical. Just a device by which I might get to wondering aloud where you were so I could segue into how much effort you've put into that thread, from the writing the synopses to providing the links. Good to see people giving you good feedback. Well done, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Working my way through today’s record store day haul with a big basement project...

here’s a pic 

Record Store Day buys...

John lee hooker/ canned heat, kd lang, the Pogues, Bowie, The Who odds and sods, al green, dizzy and charlie, pretenders live 1980, kinks kronikles, also not shown is a live Billie Eilish Record I picked up as a Christmas gift for my 17 year old daughter... 

just finished spinning these three 

John PrineBack cover of box set

Al Green

The Pogues

Users who are viewing this thread