What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (1 Viewer)

It's funny. So don't the draft simulators. They always begin my grading my draft like it's terrible. Then this happens and everything adjusts. I don't think the mocks or the industry really gets the value of a QB in these leagues. Yeah, they adjust for it, but not enough. I mean, I'm not showing my math, but...in my limited experience, they're not only huge to have for points but also as a future asset. I guess the industry and their VBD probably know better, but the mock simulators look off to me.
Yeah my sheet shows we are about 1-2 rounds early on ARod and Ben. 

Crazy value on position players right now. 

Crazy value on position players right now. 
I think I just got one. Robinson is WR8 by consensus over at Fantasy Pros, the aggregator of all the industry guys. His VBD was +20 over anybody left.

On a side note, it's looking like an unintentional zero RB game if it keeps going this way for me. 

And yeah, we're probably early on ARod or Ben, too, but that goes quickly. I knew I was early with Brady and just bit the bullet.

But look at me talk again.

Don't Start Me Talking

Lol.  I dont have a sheet, so I am going with the handful of old farts i actually know
You're exaggerating because you're doing fine, but that's how I was at one of those baseball sim games with my nephew. What made it worse is I thought I was picking younger guys. "Those guys are all old," he told me. I was embarrassed. Sure enough, they were all hurt by the end of the simulated year. Too funny.

You're exaggerating because you're doing fine, but that's how I was at one of those baseball sim games with my nephew. What made it worse is I thought I was picking younger guys. "Those guys are all old," he told me. I was embarrassed. Sure enough, they were all hurt by the end of the simulated year. Too funny.
For some reason yahoo doesn't seem to want to cooperate on the work computer, so I am winging it even more when I am at work.  

For some reason yahoo doesn't seem to want to cooperate on the work computer, so I am winging it even more when I am at work.  
At least you're not picking hurt guys, guys who opted out, or retired ones. I was hoping for Robinson since yesterday and just found out he's got some sort of ankle sprain, which puts a damper on it. Otherwise, true value!

Music update: Vince Staples bumping at 8:42 in the morning. This is for people that are already awake, for sure.

A soldier since the stroller, ask my mama if you doubt that
Homie where ya clout at? You ain't ever push nobody's scalp back
45, 9s 'round 9 in the AM
Yesterday I sat and prayed, today I'm finna take it
A week ago, they killed my bro, that's been the price of bangin'
Since my granny Alameda days, robbin' 'cause we need a raise
Fingers do the talkin' when the Cs do the walkin'
And the Cs been polluted, baptism for these shooters
Seventh grade, I went to OCA, hoopin' up at Lueder's
With my Ru from Campanella we was crashin' #### together

Three, two, three, zero

I was a lot of fun despite the early weather not cooperating. I’m happy with my team as well. Not drinking as heavy anymore has helped my drafting, although it was still the most I’ve drank in a while.
Heh. I remember basically waking up the next day in my now defunct main league and wondering what the heck I'd been drinking the night before. Cost myself some wins that way. Glad you had a good time. We all need to get out of ourselves now and again these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, it was a long day called it an early night with a big project I had in the Basement building some new Shelves for my boiler room...

I'll pick a song later, this city is deep!

M. Stafford - QB - Detroit

SONG - a bit later...
Was (Not Was) is an American pop rock group founded in 1979 in Detroit, Michigan by David Weiss and Don Fagenson, who adopted the stage names David Was and Don Was.
Detroit Based Was not Was

Was not was - spy in the house of love 

Yes! We are getting the band back together! (He and Godwin were shattering stuff last year on my team. They're both tweaked right now. Let's hope they heal quickly.)

4.09 - Allen Robinson - WR - Chicago Bears

Song: Kanye West - Homecoming (Chicago is Kanye's place of birth, Robinson's place of play.)
I just looked for Kanye West on my spreadsheet.  I need more caffeine.

I did a 10k run this afternoon (intervals, so walking some) longest in a few years. 

It's been a weird summer, I usually play baseball, squash etc... but it's all been cancelled. Squash club is opening this week to play people in our personal "bubble" - thankully for me that group does include a couple players.

I wonder how Doug B did through the hurricane/storm. I know in the Shining Path league we got stuck for days on Nathan R. Jessep picking. It's not resolved yet, even. We'll see. I hope they're all okay.
The New Orleans area was totally unscathed. Folks in far western LA were not so lucky, as you all know.

I've been in a live draft the last few hours. Last time I was in this thread with time to analyze, it was way too early to think about a short list and leaving someone a few names.
No worries, more was just trying to put out the bat signal in case you'd missed the first one.

Oh, I think I know who he's drafting. 

I think I just got sniped, but not really since this guy should go here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread