What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thank you Faust! (1 Viewer)

@Fear The Turtle - I appreciate the kinds words. I have a close family member who is in a serious battle with cancer right now, so this place is helping me to keep my mind off of all of the negative things that have unfolded in our world this year.
Very sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Will probably catch a lot of flack for this, but I usually only open threads that don't have him as the latest poster.  I like the discussion much better than updates you can see elsewhere.

That being said, I know I'm in the minority so I do think it's a good thing he does them I guess.

Much love to you and your family though, I wish them the best.

Will probably catch a lot of flack for this, but I usually only open threads that don't have him as the latest poster.  I like the discussion much better than updates you can see elsewhere.

That being said, I know I'm in the minority so I do think it's a good thing he does them I guess.

Pretty much makes the forum unreadable 

To be honest the spamming the front page is excessive to me.  But I’ve usually already read nfl.com or rotoworld.  Some like it, some don’t.

Beat wishes to you and your family Faust.

As far as what Demon and JohnnyU are saying, I think it is good to have mix of opinion and discussion along with reports and articles from other sources. I know a lot of people appreciate having some data to consider when forming opinions and these blurbs that Faust posts are usually worthy of being considered as such. While many of you may have already read this information, some people have not, so having that information there from the time that it was pertinent allows anyone reading a thread to catch up pretty quickly on any news they may have missed along the way.

Faust is pretty discerning when it comes to this as well. I imagine he reads mountains of drek that never gets shared here.

Most of the blurbs he posts also show that just maybe some of my opinions have some merit. I love it when things we were talking about 2 months ago start getting confirmed by news and blurbs. Its similar to writing a paper or article. You want to have outside sources backing up your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean?
I don't really want to continue discussing this, because it is an unpopular opinion by some, but I will answer your question once.  Links are posted in succession, seconds in between, so unless he's reading the articles and posting the links in a file to be posted here later, he's not reading the contents of the link of what he's rapid fire cut and pasting.

I'm done with that subject.

First--Faust ought to know that there are a bunch of people who really appreciate his efforts and everybody certainly wishes him and his family well.

As for the "Yeah, but...", I come to the Shark Pool for discussion/analysis of the recent news, not to read the recent news (which I do elsewhere).  So when 1/2 of the front page's topics are news posts from Faust, that's not necessarily what I'm looking for.  That's not a rip on Faust.

As I type this, of the first 25 topics on the board, 10 most recent posts are from Faust.  I usually skip those since in the Shark Pool I'm looking for discussion from other members, not a fantasy football news blog.

Faust's links are highly valued and appreciated by me. I also appreciate the content that often follows. 

Folks taking umbrage with the posting of current FF News in a FF forum is a little bizzare.

Do you take issue someone if comes in and posts "I heard (player) had (x) happen today"? Is it because he posts a link (which helps folks dig if they want)? Is it the volume? 

IMO it's one of the more valued aspects of the Shark Pool, and @Joe Bryant and company should put him on payroll if he's not. 

Thanks @Faust and best wishes to your family. 

JohnnyU said:
I don't really want to continue discussing this, because it is an unpopular opinion by some, but I will answer your question once.  Links are posted in succession, seconds in between, so unless he's reading the articles and posting the links in a file to be posted here later, he's not reading the contents of the link of what he's rapid fire cut and pasting.

I'm done with that subject.
His links are usually on topic and follow the ebb and flow of the conversation. Rarely is there a misstep or sidetrack. That's just bunkum. 

Faust's links are highly valued and appreciated by me. I also appreciate the content that often follows. 

Folks taking umbrage with the posting of current FF News in a FF forum is a little bizzare.

Do you take issue someone if comes in and posts "I heard (player) had (x) happen today"? Is it because he posts a link (which helps folks dig if they want)? Is it the volume? 

IMO it's one of the more valued aspects of the Shark Pool, and @Joe Bryant and company should put him on payroll if he's not. 

Thanks @Faust and best wishes to your family. 
We've always been a fan of @Faust and the contributions to the board. Thanks. 

I think there is also a different spin on the value in Faust's posts - not necessarily for the content/article posted - but the dialogue and discussion they provoke.

Many threads are dead until Faust posts an update, which then revives the discussion - which I value tremendously. 

For this I thank you Faust!! 

I shall also throw my hat in the ring for the annual Faust love-fest. You're a good egg, Faust, I don't care what anybody says about you.

;)  

nothin but love  for all of the linkage & all you do. I'm still not convinced you aren't an incredibly sophisticated AI. 

:wub:

@Fear The Turtle - I appreciate the kinds words. I have a close family member who is in a serious battle with cancer right now, so this place is helping me to keep my mind off of all of the negative things that have unfolded in our world this year.
I am sorry man; let me know if you want someone to talk to. Appreciate all you do

Users who are viewing this thread