What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You have your pick of draft slot (1 Viewer)

Inhiding

Footballguy
except for 1st and 4th.  Where would you want to draft from?

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1K, 1 DEF 5 bench.  .5 PPR all receivers

thanks in advance.  I haven't paid much attention to FF this year.

My first thought was 2nd, Barkley in this instance. 

eta* You can probably get Godwin at the first part of your second/third round turn, too. 

I think one or two is the optimal spot this year, all things considered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2 or 3, depending on what you think of Barkley vs. Zeke. With .5 PPR I might go with pick 3 and take Zeke.

My league does this (we get to draft our draft slot) and I’m surprised at the willingness of a couple owners willingness to move down in the draft order for no compensation.  Take the highest pick available, and go from there. Otherwise, you are leaving draft capital on the board. 

2 or 3, depending on what you think of Barkley vs. Zeke. With .5 PPR I might go with pick 3 and take Zeke.
Why would the PPR sway you to Zeke?  Wouldn't it be the other way?  Barkley catches more balls.

is the .5 ppr only for 'receivers'?  Or for RB's too?

Why would the PPR sway you to Zeke?  Wouldn't it be the other way?  Barkley catches more balls.
In full PPR I think I go with pick 2 and take Barkley. With only half PPR I'd give stronger consideration to choosing pick 3 and settling for Zeke.

In full PPR I think I go with pick 2 and take Barkley. With only half PPR I'd give stronger consideration to choosing pick 3 and settling for Zeke.
Interesting.  I dunno, I give Barkley the edge even in standard.... 0.5 PPR boosts him even more.  But you can't go wrong with either there, really. 

I just don't know HOW much better pick 22 is over pick 23?  What do you really lose by taking pick 2?  You can still take Zeke there if you like him, you get a better 3rd round pick, and if something catastrophic happens between now and the draft to barkley or zeke, you can just take the other one and not be stuck there.

First off, I ❤️ KDS style drafting - best format outside of auction IMO. 

Typically I'd want to be as close to the turn as possible, so I'd say 2, then 3, then 4, then 12. 11. 

That said, it also depends who you like. I would have loved a 11-12 pick this year and I considered it. The player you'd nab after the turn is gonna be really, really solid. Suggest mocking from various positions (or at least doing a pseudo-mock using ADP) to see which players are available in the first 5-6 rounds from the various positions. 

I puled 1.03 and kept it this year. I have some buyer's remorse, and kinda wish I'd taken 11 or 12. This year seems very deep. allowing you to get potentially 2 first round values at the 1-2 turn. But take a look and pick whichever position you're most comfortable with. Maybe  you decide 1.03 is close to the turn, and gives you one of the top 3 RBs. Or maybe take 5 if you're ok with a choice of Thomas, Henry, Kamara, etc.   

First off, I ❤️ KDS style drafting - best format outside of auction IMO. 

Typically I'd want to be as close to the turn as possible, so I'd say 2, then 3, then 4, then 12. 11. 

That said, it also depends who you like. I would have loved a 11-12 pick this year and I considered it. The player you'd nab after the turn is gonna be really, really solid. Suggest mocking from various positions (or at least doing a pseudo-mock using ADP) to see which players are available in the first 5-6 rounds from the various positions. 

I puled 1.03 and kept it this year. I have some buyer's remorse, and kinda wish I'd taken 11 or 12. This year seems very deep. allowing you to get potentially 2 first round values at the 1-2 turn. But take a look and pick whichever position you're most comfortable with. Maybe  you decide 1.03 is close to the turn, and gives you one of the top 3 RBs. Or maybe take 5 if you're ok with a choice of Thomas, Henry, Kamara, etc.   
If you had to rank your preferences from 1 to 12 how would you do it?

Every serpentine draft where I have a choice of slot, I try to get as close to the middle as possible (6/7 out of 12). It's a personal thing - I've found, over almost 30 years of doing this, that I process much better having an equal # of picks on either side of mine, than working my way out towards the corners. 

Every serpentine draft where I have a choice of slot, I try to get as close to the middle as possible (6/7 out of 12). It's a personal thing - I've found, over almost 30 years of doing this, that I process much better having an equal # of picks on either side of mine, than working my way out towards the corners. 
It's nice to not to be add an end of a run if you pick from the middle. I feel like choice 1 is a no brainer because CMAC is so good. 

I have it in now as 1,2,3,8,7,10,9,11,12,6,5,4

I kind of want to avoid being in an area to get Cook and Kamara.  I have a bad feeling. 

I think with the DEEP  wr pool this year there will be plenty of great wr options coming back at the 4/5 turn so I wouldprefer 2 or 3  spot....getting  that late 2nd early 3rd pick gives you the option of going BPA  and not worrying about having sucky wrs this year.....Probably grab a 2nd rb there and  either a premium TE  or Premium QB at the turn.....  that way you have a serious advantage at 2 positions in only 3 rounds.  

Yep. Fairly unanimous. Get a top 3 back, and follow with a RB or WR depending on what’s been depleted the most (usually RB). I HATE 6-9 this year (draft speaking of course). 

If you had to rank your preferences from 1 to 12 how would you do it?
Depends on the season. At 1.03 I was really tempted to take 12.

This year probably 

Something like that. 

Every year is different & it depends on your strategy. After mocking a lot I have a little buyer’s remorse about 3, but I should be able to do well from there. I’ll find out in about 2 hours & 15 mins. ;)  

I think with the DEEP  wr pool this year there will be plenty of great wr options coming back at the 4/5 turn so I wouldprefer 2 or 3  spot....getting  that late 2nd early 3rd pick gives you the option of going BPA  and not worrying about having sucky wrs this year.....Probably grab a 2nd rb there and  either a premium TE  or Premium QB at the turn.....  that way you have a serious advantage at 2 positions in only 3 rounds.  
There are also a couple of nice upside RBs at 3/4, and because WR is deep, for those of us who prefer TEBC and take later TEs, but want to go RB/RB/WR/WR/RB or RB/WR/RB/RB/WR

Several good strategies at 3 this year. After that 4-5 round RBs kinda fall off of a cliff. 

Depends on the season. At 1.03 I was really tempted to take 12.

This year probably 

Something like that. 

Every year is different & it depends on your strategy. After mocking a lot I have a little buyer’s remorse about 3, but I should be able to do well from there. I’ll find out in about 2 hours & 15 mins. ;)  
Does the Kamara and Cook situations scare you regarding wanting the 4th pick?

Does the Kamara and Cook situations scare you regarding wanting the 4th pick?
It's not that in a vacuum, but it weighs into it. 

It's (injury potential, + cost of handcuff) - I don't draft scared, but I also hate taking early 1st round players who's handcuffs get targeted as Zero RB starters, because that's more draft capital required to take them.  Add to that the length between picks, and it makes those spots less desirable to me.

If I knew I could get Thomas or Henry at 6-7, those might be better spots, but historically speaking 6-7-8 are some of the toughest places to draft from due to the time between picks on either side. I've had good drafts from 6-7-8. One of my 2 IDP championships was at the 8-spot. But man, you really have to nail your picks, because no one you want makes it back to you every single time. It's a frustrating place to draft from. 

That's why I have 9-12 ranked higher as my preferences. It's not all about the 1st player off the board. In fact, that's one of my last priorities because you don't win or lose a league with your 1st pick (typically).  

It's not that in a vacuum, but it weighs into it. 

It's (injury potential, + cost of handcuff) - I don't draft scared, but I also hate taking early 1st round players who's handcuffs get targeted as Zero RB starters, because that's more draft capital required to take them.  Add to that the length between picks, and it makes those spots less desirable to me.

If I knew I could get Thomas or Henry at 6-7, those might be better spots, but historically speaking 6-7-8 are some of the toughest places to draft from due to the time between picks on either side. I've had good drafts from 6-7-8. One of my 2 IDP championships was at the 8-spot. But man, you really have to nail your picks, because no one you want makes it back to you every single time. It's a frustrating place to draft from. 

That's why I have 9-12 ranked higher as my preferences. It's not all about the 1st player off the board. In fact, that's one of my last priorities because you don't win or lose a league with your 1st pick (typically).  
Good points! 

I just got spot 9. I like it cause I can get Henry or Mixon and hopefully a stud WR in the second or maybe Chubb falls. Mahomes sometimes falls to that spot in the third which is good if I don't love the other choices. 

Henry >>>>>>>> everyone at 9

Jacobs > Mixon 

Jacobs >>>> Chubb

Jacobs --> Mixon would be a heck of a start if you like Stud RB.

It's nice to not to be add an end of a run if you pick from the middle. I feel like choice 1 is a no brainer because CMAC is so good. 

I have it in now as 1,2,3,8,7,10,9,11,12,6,5,4

I kind of want to avoid being in an area to get Cook and Kamara.  I have a bad feeling. 
Exactly where I am at .. pick 6. 10 team 2 qb ppr ... If top 3 rbs and 2 qbs are gone I think I am avoiding Kamara and Cook and going Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread