What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

League Dominator NO IDP in it? What gives? (1 Viewer)

idpmaster

Footballguy
Guys, why the League Dominator currently doesnt have any of the IDP projections in it if the IDP projections from Norton and Rudnicki have been updated for weeks now?

PLease advise as this is a big deal for us with IDP leagues.

Sadly, that's why I'm using Fantasy Pros Draft Wizard.  Love Joe to death, we were in FanEx together from the beginning (for you young 'uns out there, that was the first Experts League formed off of something called "newsgroups" way back in the 90's).  Unfortunately the bulk of the good info these days seems to come from the forums.  I'll keep subscribing here, because I feel like the subscriber contest alone is worth the price of admission, but I wish it was like it used to be (old timer's lament).

Sadly, that's why I'm using Fantasy Pros Draft Wizard.  Love Joe to death, we were in FanEx together from the beginning (for you young 'uns out there, that was the first Experts League formed off of something called "newsgroups" way back in the 90's).  Unfortunately the bulk of the good info these days seems to come from the forums.  I'll keep subscribing here, because I feel like the subscriber contest alone is worth the price of admission, but I wish it was like it used to be (old timer's lament).
This is why I trawl with an open-minded net here and then pay the subscription fee that the forums are tied to for the paid product. Something keeps these forums going, and it helps to have revenues to cover it. I get a ton out these forums and have made great relationships on them. I would miss them were they ever to disappear, and that's an understatement.

I think the coverage is better this year then the previous few but the DD is not ideal for IDP purposes

The amount of IDP content has increased, and there definitely have been new hires in the space. There certainly is a large gap to fill, it was two years ago I believe that Jene Bramel stopped writing his IDP column? Still waiting to see what the regular season coverage looks like. All of that said, the Player Projections using league scoring for IDPs have been broken all year; I specifically pointed it out to Joe two months ago, so its not due to an oversight. It's extremely disappointing that with the season about to start it isn't fixed, and at odds with the other IDP site news.

I missed the podcast that sigmund and Jene used to do, but I do value the IDP staff they have Davenport, Sitzman & Norton
Agreed. Jene is irreplaceable. He was far and away the best IDP writer in the business. Not to mention his combined draft board was essential reading for dynasty owners.

That said, Norton's Eyes of the Guru is a mainstay and I highly value Sitzman's rankings. His rankings are typically the most in line with my thinking. I often narrow the rankings to Norton and Sitzman if I want to break a tie or really dig deeper on a player(s). And Davenport is a great addition. A nice bonus considering he does the depth charts that determine MFL positions.

Would be great if they can add Sitzman and Davenport to Norton for the in season IDP weekly projections. I pay little attention to Tietgen's. Nothing against him... (projections have to be impossible) but simply do not trust his.

I ran week 1 projections in league Dominator yesterday and they came up, so looks like they are starting to trickle in now.

The amount of IDP content has increased, and there definitely have been new hires in the space. There certainly is a large gap to fill, it was two years ago I believe that Jene Bramel stopped writing his IDP column? Still waiting to see what the regular season coverage looks like. All of that said, the Player Projections using league scoring for IDPs have been broken all year; I specifically pointed it out to Joe two months ago, so its not due to an oversight. It's extremely disappointing that with the season about to start it isn't fixed, and at odds with the other IDP site news.

Has it? There's only projections from John Norton and Rudnicki. There's a guy named Joseph Haggan that's listed in the list of names of projectors, but he hasn't updated his projections since July. Does that count as new content? I'm still fuming about paying $70 dollars for content that was $40 last year. My 30 day money-back window is approaching and I'm not sure I want to spend more on this than what my league entry fee is. There's no list of staff writers anymore so I have no way of knowing who their IDP writers are other than The Guru and Rudnicki. I guess the question is whether JN is worth $70 because quite frankly? Everything else this site offers is available elsewhere. For a lot less.

Has it? There's only projections from John Norton and Rudnicki. There's a guy named Joseph Haggan that's listed in the list of names of projectors, but he hasn't updated his projections since July. Does that count as new content? I'm still fuming about paying $70 dollars for content that was $40 last year. My 30 day money-back window is approaching and I'm not sure I want to spend more on this than what my league entry fee is. There's no list of staff writers anymore so I have no way of knowing who their IDP writers are other than The Guru and Rudnicki. I guess the question is whether JN is worth $70 because quite frankly? Everything else this site offers is available elsewhere. For a lot less.
There is more to content than projections. There has been a ton of preseason content from Gary Davenport that is a great add to the Guru's info.

I agree the IDP content is at least double what it was in previous preseasons. I'm happy with the investment so far. Obviously it's still early for week 1 projections but I'm sure after the weekend we will see them ramp up.

I agree the IDP content is at least double what it was in previous preseasons. I'm happy with the investment so far. Obviously it's still early for week 1 projections but I'm sure after the weekend we will see them ramp up.

I hope so because the FBG Consensus for IDP is calculated between 3 projections. One of which, Haggan, is from July.

There are redraft rankings up from:
  • Davenport
  • Norton
  • Howe
  • Sitzman
  • Rudnicki
  • Haseley
  • Brebner
All from September 1 or 2.

Articles:
8/31: When to start drafting DBs
8/31: Elite DBs You should take early
8/31: Finding late-round DBs
8/30: Defensive players with a strong drumbeat
8/28: IDP stock market
8/25: IDP Draft blueprint
8/23: EOTG Preseason Week 2
8/21: DB Tiers
8/18: LB Tiers
8/17: EOTG Preseason Week 1
8/13: IDP players to trade for
8/11: Finding late-round LBs
8/10: DL Tiers
8/9: IDP players to trade away
8/8: Under the radar IDP values
8/7: Do Top Defense have the top IDPs?
8/5: Predicting Elite LBs

Let's see how DLF looks in the past month for IDP articles:
8/8: Target these 5 underrated IDPs
8/6: July LB ADP

If you're not seeing the huge uptick in IDP content, make sure you're looking in the right places.
IDP Articles
IDP Redraft Rankings

• Davenport - NOT part of the projections for League Dominator or Pre-Season rankings
  • Norton - The Guru
  • Howe - Has Harold Landry ranked 41st. He was declared out for the season on September 1st. NOT part of League Dominator projections
  • Sitzman - dont see any IDP articles by him, NOT part of League Dominator projections
  • Rudnicki - Long time IDP, he's disappeared from today's League Dominator for some reason but he's usually there.
  • Haseley - redraft guy. I don't do redraft, why am I paying for it? NOT part of League Dominator projections. Likes Harold Landry (IR) even better, ranked him 20th
  • Brebner - No articles. NOT part of League Dominator projections.

I don't object to paying for my IDP info. I'm just questioning whether there is $30 more of it. No where in the redraft ranking page does it say when the projections were updated that I can see. On the Player projections page it does but on that page there are only 3 IDP projectors listed. THREE. Not the 7 you listed. Rudnicki, Haggan and Norton. So you listed 5 that the average payer will never use, or see. Two of whom you claim have updated their data since the 1st. I'm going to pick Harold Landry III right now. He's FA in my league.

There are also 5 sets of dynasty rankings, the oldest is 8/23:
Haggan, Rudnicki, Bellefeuil, Davenport, Norton.

Adding more really good IDP brains to the FBG tools is what I've been asking for for a few years, and they really came through this offseason.

I don't do dynasty. I don't do re-draft. I don't do best ball. I don't do Salary Cap. They raised the price of what i actually use to a point where I HAVE to question it's worth to me. And I have no idea what the quality of the IDP "brains" are. They don't have a staff page. I just know that I trust JN but $70 is a lot to invest for one guy.

And I have no idea what the quality of the IDP "brains" are. They don't have a staff page. I just know that I trust JN but $70 is a lot to invest for one guy.

They pretty much hired everybody worthwhile and available in the IDP space. At least it seems that way to me. They consolidated my Twitter feed into a one-stop shop here. I hate to shill too much for the product, but the leap they made with IDP this year is significant. The only guys they didn't hire that are of note from my feed are Jon Macri of PFF and Tom Kislingbury of Dynasty League Football, who do a show together and often offer great insights on Twitter. But other than that, it seemed like everybody got hired by Footballguys.

• Davenport
  • Norton
  • Howe
  • Sitzman
  • Rudnicki
  • Haseley
  • Brebner
I wish they could bring back the dates the rankings are posted above the name. And more importantly, the ability to display rankings between a certain time interval.

I've also noticed some guys rankings just disappear at times. In the old system you could customize how far back you wanted to display rankings. Now they appear to go away... not sure if it is after a certain period of time or what? But occasionally I'll be looking for Bloom's re-draft or rookie rankings or Norton's IDP rankings and it won't display them at all. Even though I know for certain they were there as recently as a couple days before. @Joe Bryant

• Davenport
  • Norton
  • Howe
  • Sitzman
  • Rudnicki
  • Haseley
  • Brebner
I wish they could bring back the dates the rankings are posted above the name. And more importantly, the ability to display rankings between a certain time interval.

I've also noticed some guys rankings just disappear at times. In the old system you could customize how far back you wanted to display rankings. Now they appear to go away... not sure if it is after a certain period of time or what? But occasionally I'll be looking for Bloom's re-draft or rookie rankings or Norton's IDP rankings and it won't display them at all. Even though I know for certain they were there as recently as a couple days before. @Joe Bryant
I liked that better also, but the info is still available - in the Pick Experts dropdown, it lists the dates. You can uncheck the guys at the bottom if you think they're too old (I did this for rookie rankings pre-NFL draft earlier this summer). The rankings are listed left-to-right from new to old.

• Davenport - NOT part of the projections for League Dominator or Pre-Season rankings
  • Norton - The Guru
  • Howe - Has Harold Landry ranked 41st. He was declared out for the season on September 1st. NOT part of League Dominator projections
  • Sitzman - dont see any IDP articles by him, NOT part of League Dominator projections
  • Rudnicki - Long time IDP, he's disappeared from today's League Dominator for some reason but he's usually there.
  • Haseley - redraft guy. I don't do redraft, why am I paying for it? NOT part of League Dominator projections. Likes Harold Landry (IR) even better, ranked him 20th
  • Brebner - No articles. NOT part of League Dominator projections.

I don't object to paying for my IDP info. I'm just questioning whether there is $30 more of it. No where in the redraft ranking page does it say when the projections were updated that I can see. On the Player projections page it does but on that page there are only 3 IDP projectors listed. THREE. Not the 7 you listed. Rudnicki, Haggan and Norton. So you listed 5 that the average payer will never use, or see. Two of whom you claim have updated their data since the 1st. I'm going to pick Harold Landry III right now. He's FA in my league.
Where did I claim 7 projections?

On the rankings page, under Pick Experts, it lists the dates.

As to the quality of the new hires, I agree with @rockaction - they added only highly regarded IDP voices who have established themselves in other places... if you listen to non-FBG IDP podcasts or follow good IDP Twitter accounts or check out other sites with IDP content, you've seen these guys around and know they're good.

$30 is a lot, and you're right that it makes all of us question whether it's worth it. I switch around services all the time because of price increases like this. Quit FBG for a year and either pick another site or use free info and see how it goes. But continuing to claim that they aren't providing more content doesn't hold up.

I liked that better also, but the info is still available - in the Pick Experts dropdown, it lists the dates. You can uncheck the guys at the bottom if you think they're too old (I did this for rookie rankings pre-NFL draft earlier this summer). The rankings are listed left-to-right from new to old.
Yep. Saw that as well. Just another step to view the dates posted.

And understand you can select or de-select who you wish to view... so I guess you can work around removing older rankings, I don't think you can choose a date range/interval any more. Not the end of the world... especially with the workaround you mention. The bigger issue for me is when guys rankings (especially Bloom or Norton) disappear altogether. And this is definitely happening. With the previous version you could always access the last ranking a guy did even if you had to go back several months, or longer. They never went away.

Yep. Saw that as well. Just another step to view the dates posted.

And understand you can select or de-select who you wish to view... so I guess you can work around removing older rankings, I don't think you can choose a date range/interval any more. Not the end of the world... especially with the workaround you mention. The bigger issue for me is when guys rankings (especially Bloom or Norton) disappear altogether. And this is definitely happening. With the previous version you could always access the last ranking a guy did even if you had to go back several months, or longer. They never went away.
Yeah, I'd rather have month-old rankings in April than not see any.

There's a showrecent=21 bit in the URL that means it shows rankings in the last 3 weeks, but changing the number doesn't seem to have an effect.

Yeah, I'd rather have month-old rankings in April than not see any.

There's a showrecent=21 bit in the URL that means it shows rankings in the last 3 weeks, but changing the number doesn't seem to have an effect.
What is weird is the times in August Bloom or Norton's rankings have disappeared, their last update couldn't have been more than 1-2 weeks old. That's why I don't understand it. I thought maybe they went away because they had an updated version about to post. But it makes no sense to me why the older version wouldn't remain until the new one is posted.

Strange...

DFS is under an even higher tier. The 3 tier subscription service is an issue. Basic or Premium. Adding a middle tier so you can milk more money out of IDP users is a chump move. They raised the price of the lowest tier and took IDP out of it.

Week one better be spot on is all I can say. Players come off waivers on Tuesday night and if I can't use FBG projections to put in waiver requests then I'll have to say bye bye. I pay money to make things easier on me. And based on what I'm hearing, I have to search, sift and sort to come up with names to target. Thats not easier. League Dominator still only has projections by Norton right now. I can find the same players by surfing the net without spending $70.

The names of IDP players are all the same wherever you go, it's a finite league and my pocketbook is not. My time is also not infinite. That's why I spend the money on this subscription that I have. If I have to go to different pages to find out how recent the data is, or to even find his projections, how is that easier? League Dominator should have all that at my fingertips in one place. If a name pops up there that I want to look at, THAT's when I go clicking around.

GAME DAY!!!!!!!!

The Weekly player projections have 2 projectors listed. Norton and Tietgen.

The In-Season weekly rankings have 2 projectors listed. Norton and Tietgen.

League Dominator projections have 2 projectors listed. Norton and Tietgen.

You can tell me there's more IDP content but it just isnt true. I don't trust Tietgen since he has a guy not starting projected at 16 points this week so essentially I'm paying $70 for John Norton projections and his "Eyes of the Guru" article. Which is educational but really isn't timely. Players come off waivers in my league on Tuesday night. Eyes of the Guru usually doesnt drop till Wednesday or Thursday.

GAME DAY!!!!!!!!

The Weekly player projections have 2 projectors listed. Norton and Tietgen.

The In-Season weekly rankings have 2 projectors listed. Norton and Tietgen.

League Dominator projections have 2 projectors listed. Norton and Tietgen.

You can tell me there's more IDP content but it just isnt true. I don't trust Tietgen since he has a guy not starting projected at 16 points this week so essentially I'm paying $70 for John Norton projections and his "Eyes of the Guru" article. Which is educational but really isn't timely. Players come off waivers in my league on Tuesday night. Eyes of the Guru usually doesnt drop till Wednesday or Thursday.

You are spot on...I don't see any improvement...just a price increase.....also if the one guy i trust (Norton) still visits this forum...Eyes of the Guru would be great to have by tues evening before most leagues waivers process on weds

I subscribed to two other IDP sites for this weekend. Both offer trial periods. One is for $25 and the other for $20. I will be comparing the projections for this weekend and the timely introduction of next weeks projections. The play-offs for my money began Thursday and The Superbowl is Tuesday evening. May the best fantasy site win.

I missed the podcast that sigmund and Jene used to do, but I do value the IDP staff they have Davenport, Sitzman & Norton
Agreed. Jene is irreplaceable. He was far and away the best IDP writer in the business. Not to mention his combined draft board was essential reading for dynasty owners.

That said, Norton's Eyes of the Guru is a mainstay and I highly value Sitzman's rankings. His rankings are typically the most in line with my thinking. I often narrow the rankings to Norton and Sitzman if I want to break a tie or really dig deeper on a player(s). And Davenport is a great addition. A nice bonus considering he does the depth charts that determine MFL positions.

Would be great if they can add Sitzman and Davenport to Norton for the in season IDP weekly projections. I pay little attention to Tietgen's. Nothing against him... (projections have to be impossible) but simply do not trust his.
where are sitzman's rankings? Weekly rankings? I can only find Norton and Tietgen

where are sitzman's rankings? Weekly rankings? I can only find Norton and Tietgen
FBG's had as many as 8 expert re-draft rankings (including Sitzmann):

They had as many as 6 expert dynasty rankings (including Sitzmann):

And they are down to 2 expert in season weekly rankings/projections (Norton and Tietgen):

This in addition to FBG's clearly had more IDP offseason content (articles, new IDP experts and expert rankings). I can not tell you what the in season experience will be but I'm pretty certain there will continue to be more IDP content in terms of additional columns and articles with Davenport, etc. That said, if the only thing you care about are the in season weekly rankings/projections it appears they will still have only Norton and Tietgen. I was hoping Davenport or Sitzmann would do weekly projections as well, but at least for week 1, that does not appear to be the case.

So their in season IDP projections are the same as last year (Norton and Tietgen). But there is also clearly more content as well. So again, if the only content you care about are the weekly rankings/projections you will be paying the additional $30 for the same 2 expert projections as last year. Based on your clear frustration with the situation, I recommend you ask Joe for a refund. I have little doubt he will be happy to oblige. You obviously aren't satisfied with the cost/benefit and I don't think anyone will blame you for expecting a refund if the product isn't worth the cost to you. I think you will find that a much more productive use of your time/energy than continuing to post your complaint that the content isn't worth the price increase.

Last edited:
So, what's the word? I'm not aware of any other weekly IDP projections outside of FBG. Is some other site projecting every IDP?

So, what's the word? I'm not aware of any other weekly IDP projections outside of FBG. Is some other site projecting every IDP?
Yes, there are several. There's a free site that I've always used in conjunction with FBGs and due to the recent astronomic price hike I started looking for others. I won't advertise them on other sites. That's just not right. I found some others with free trials, and much cheaper subscriptions< and their numbers were comparable to FBGs. I actually sat 2 IDPs because of one site and gained points. Projections are always hit and miss, I understand that. But I'd rathr miss at a lower cost. I'll probably be parting ways with FBGs soon. Being force fed content I don't want at a higher price, in these economic times, is just wrong.

I'll probably be parting ways with FBGs soon. Being force fed content I don't want at a higher price, in these economic times, is just wrong.

Understood. If the product doesn't deliver what you feel is excellent value at the price, we will refund the cost of the subscription. We don't want anyone to have bought something they're not happy with.

We had a projection error on a player last week where we mistakenly projected 8 instead of .8 tackles. That's 100% on us and should never happen. But for all the other content, what we're delivering now will be what folks can expect. So aside from the obvious error on the one player last week, if you're hoping for something new or different than what we're currently doing, it won't be there.

If you choose to move on, no hard feelings at all. But you've made your point clear on our free message board forums we provide. Please let's move on to discussing NFL players and fantasy football here which is what makes these forums valuable.

Hi @Joe Bryant

Is there a place/method (forum, DM, e-mail) to let FBG know of weekly player projections errors?

You said there was an error on one player last week but there are others just like last year. For example, WR Calvin Austin PIT is/was projected for week 1 points by one projector and he is on IR.

Thanks.

Weighing in on this discussion.
I am super pleased with the increased amount of IDP content so far. There has been a ton of articles in the IDP section and the effort focused on early week is recognized and appreciated. 8 articles so far this week.
If you are not using the 'Expert Rankings' section and synching your leagues, then I highly recommend. For example, Norton 9/13 rankings for week 2 are already listed and the blue/yellow feature that is individualized to your roster is a big time saver and value add.

Weighing in on this discussion.
I am super pleased with the increased amount of IDP content so far. There has been a ton of articles in the IDP section and the effort focused on early week is recognized and appreciated. 8 articles so far this week.
If you are not using the 'Expert Rankings' section and synching your leagues, then I highly recommend. For example, Norton 9/13 rankings for week 2 are already listed and the blue/yellow feature that is individualized to your roster is a big time saver and value add.
I agree that syncing your leagues is a great tool. However it's one that's been available for years. The real question is the new idp content (which isn't a ton, honestly) worth the extra $30ish or does it just seem that way because idp content has been so lackluster and slow that past couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread