What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft PPR, Pick 1.03 - Which RB & why? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
since we’re drafting online, my league randomized draft order (KDS “pick your position) early for a change. 

PPR redraft I pick 1.03

chatting with 1.01 (CMC) and 1.02 (“not EE”) I know I’ll have a choice of EE & whichever of Kamara & Barkley he doesn’t take.

Pretty sure I know who I’ll take here. I’ve weighed the ups & downs of each, but I’m curious as to which of these elite RBs the sharks of FBG would select here & why. Or would you (gasp!) take Thomas?

Less interested in a poll ad in the reasoning behind your choice.  Zeke, Barkley, Kamara or Thomas. Who’s your 1.03 pony & why? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not EE almost has to be Barkley, right? Seeing as how most ADPs have him there, going to skip him and make a comparison:

Ezekiel Elliot: Player X:
0.875 TD/game 0.929 TD/game
111 yards/game 118 yards/game
3.3 Rec/game 3.8 rec/game
Lots of mouths to feed on offense Few mouths to feed on offense
Relatively Difficult Strength of Schedule Relatively Easy Strength of Schedule

Dalvin Cook

Not EE almost has to be Barkley, right? Seeing as how most ADPs have him there, going to skip him and make a comparison:

Ezekiel Elliot: Player X:
0.875 TD/game 0.929 TD/game
111 yards/game 118 yards/game
3.3 Rec/game 3.8 rec/game
Lots of mouths to feed on offense Few mouths to feed on offense
Relatively Difficult Strength of Schedule Relatively Easy Strength of Schedule

Dalvin Cook
It will either be Kamara or Barkley, yes. I’ll be left with one of the 3. Barkley got hurt in practice. So it could conceivably be a choice between Barkley & EE as well. 

I like Dalvin Cook. I don’t like him more than Zeke. 

When I saw the headline I thought it would be which rookie RB to draft at 3, assuming the first two goes CEH/JT or JT/CEH

I’m picking fourth and hoping CMC, Barkley, and Zeke go because I’ll snap Cook right up.

In your case, I’d take Barkley if he fell, then Cook, Zeke, Kamara.

kutta said:
I’m picking fourth and hoping CMC, Barkley, and Zeke go because I’ll stamp Cook right up.

I have pick 4 as well and I'm targeting Cook as well. It would be a tougher decision between him and Kamara for me but this is my only redraft and I have Kamara rostered in 3 of 5 dynasty leagues so would be looking to diversify a little.

As to the OP - I don't think you can go wrong but (assuming Barkley is gone...he will be), I go Zeke as the safest pick. He has a higher floor than Cook or Kamera and has an equally high ceiling as both of them.

I'd take Barkley at #1, so if he's their at 3, he;s a no-brainer.

I'll go a little bold and say I'd go Derrick Henry if Barkley is gone. I think he has 20 TD upside this year, and that more than makes up for his lack of catches, which I also think will go up.

I really want no part of Kamara where he is going. 

I really want no part of Kamara where he is going. 
I had him in dynasty & after a slightly lackluster start I traded him last year....the next game he got hurt & I felt like I dodged a huge bullet. 

I’m a little surprised there’s no injury discount to his price and I’m with you on that. 

kutta said:
I’m picking fourth and hoping CMC, Barkley, and Zeke go because I’ll stamp Cook right up.

I fear my choice will be between Barkley & Zeke.

that’s the hardest one to decide for me. 
Put Barkley on the Cowboys and it’s a no brainer. 
Cowboys OL > Giants OL

Cowboys D to keep games close > Giants D

Cowboys receiving weapons to keep defenses honest  > Giants receiving weapons 

health goes to Zeke, as he’s been solid where Barkley has started to get dinged up a lot. He’s nursing something (lower leg?) that caused him to stop practicing & that’s a concern too.

Cook is a heck of a RB. He’s a beast & has speed, and the Vikings are committed to the run. I try to not let the fact that he burned me his rookie year cloud my judgement. Then he got hurt right before the FF playoffs last year & I start wondering if it’s a pattern. While the ACL didn’t concern me as anything long-term, shoulder injuries can be bad for a RB. The contract situation is a bit worrisome as well. I don’t like that he’s at an impasse playing on a 1.6M deal, and Mattison, who’s been getting a lot of 1st team reps in practice, becomes a pricey handcuff.

Of the 3 I’d lean Elliott, then Saquon, then Cook & wouldn’t consider Alvin with a top 3 pick. All those injuries & he never had surgery to fix the knee tear? Nope. 

EE seems to have the most positive factors going his way of the 3. 

health goes to Zeke, as he’s been solid where Barkley has started to get dinged up a lot. He’s nursing something (lower leg?) that caused him to stop practicing & that’s a concern too.
I think the Cowboys having better weapons and a better defense, may actually be points to Barkley. The Giants need Barkley a lot more than Dallas needs Elliott. Dallas can have weeks where Dak does everything, the Giants really can't.

Also, Barkley should rack up lots of catches in trailing mode, where as Zeke doesn't really get that, and could see a decrease in running out the clock scenarios, as Pollard showed he's worthy of work.

Elliott to me is a very high floor guy, but has a 0% chance of being the RB1. I think if you draft Elliott you feel really great about having a top-5 guy, but not a league winner. Kind of a philosophical issue. Do you a high floor or a high ceiling in your top pick, and where do the two meet?

In my eyes: Barkley>Henry>Elliott>>Cook>>>>>Kamara. To be honest, I think Kamara is barely a 1st round pick. 

that’s the hardest one to decide for me. 
Put Barkley on the Cowboys and it’s a no brainer. 
Cowboys OL > Giants OL

Cook is a heck of a RB. He’s a beast & has speed, and the Vikings are committed to the run. I try to not let the fact that he burned me his rookie year cloud my judgement. Then he got hurt right before the FF playoffs last year & I start wondering if it’s a pattern. While the ACL didn’t concern me as anything long-term, shoulder injuries can be bad for a RB. The contract situation is a bit worrisome as well. I don’t like that he’s at an impasse playing on a 1.6M deal, and Mattison, who’s been getting a lot of 1st team reps in practice, becomes a pricey handcuff.

Of the 3 I’d lean Elliott, then Saquon, then Cook & wouldn’t consider Alvin with a top 3 pick. All those injuries & he never had surgery to fix the knee tear? Nope. 

EE seems to have the most positive factors going his way of the 3. 
I think you may be overthinking. Between the choice of Zeke and Barkley, it's literally a coin flip. It's not so much as a Sophie's Choice than it is an embarrassment of riches available to you there. 

I like the way you lay out strengths and propensities, but in reality there is not a clear separation to cause this much fret.

Both will be >1200 and 8 TDs. Both will be north of 55 catches and 425 yards.

In a PPR I slide towards Barkley, but I think this comes down to league scoring, as Zeke will have more ground yards, and Barkely will have more catches/receiving yards.

My league has a slightly overweighted PPR figure (2/3 of a point), which makes Barkley a no-brainer. If your league does something similar, lean towards Zeke where points per rush yard scoring may be more favorable, and towards Barkley if PPR (ETA: points per rush yard) scoring is more comparably favorable.

If they are fairly standard scoring for both, then honestly you can't go wrong with either, and not worth losing sleep over IMO.

I love the idea of Cook being a guy who can lead the fantasy scoreboard, and think there is a solid chance that could happen, but I think he may be spelled a tad more than the others if only to protect from injury. So not a guy I would consider at 1.03 even though his upside warrants the consideration.

I think the Cowboys having better weapons and a better defense, may actually be points to Barkley. The Giants need Barkley a lot more than Dallas needs Elliott. Dallas can have weeks where Dak does everything, the Giants really can't.

Also, Barkley should rack up lots of catches in trailing mode, where as Zeke doesn't really get that, and could see a decrease in running out the clock scenarios, as Pollard showed he's worthy of work.

Elliott to me is a very high floor guy, but has a 0% chance of being the RB1. I think if you draft Elliott you feel really great about having a top-5 guy, but not a league winner. Kind of a philosophical issue. Do you a high floor or a high ceiling in your top pick, and where do the two meet?

In my eyes: Barkley>Henry>Elliott>>Cook>>>>>Kamara. To be honest, I think Kamara is barely a 1st round pick. 
This is the kind of evaluation i was hoping for starting this topic. 

and I don’t disagree. It is very much philosophical. I feel like picking top 3, safety does matter. Moonshots are great if you have another pick in 5-7 picks, but when your next pick is 2.10 you really need to hit on a reliable asset at 1-2-3.

i disagree that Elliott has no chance at being the RB1. The TD opportunities he has with DAL plus the workhorse role & durability he’s shown seem like he could definitely be the highest scorer, but it is a lesser chance than the home-run hitters.

Barkley is likely going to be 1.02, so More realistically I’m looking at EE vs Cook vs Kamara.

I’m not entirely sold on Henry doing it again, though I love the dude. His lack of receptions knocks him behind the others in PPR, IMO. He’s had like 14-18 every year? I don’t see that increasing. Compared to Barkley’s 91 in 2018 or EE’s 77 in 2018 & 54 last year. 

If 1.02 takes Kamara it’s going to be a really tough call between EE & Barkley.  EE seems like the safer pick. Barkley clearly the moonshot. His receptions probably offset the TD advantage EE will probably have.

i appreciate your insight & evaluation. That’s what will make this topic beneficial to myself & others with this draft position.

It’s not an easy decision - I keep second guessing it. I’ve pretty well worked Kamara out of my equation, and included him in this simply because of ADP. I would take Cook over Kamara & it wouldn’t be close. I’m betting 1.02 takes Barkley, but ya never know. Hell, there’s a chance he’s BSing me & will take Elliott. If that happened Barkley is the no-brainer. 

I think you may be overthinking. Between the choice of Zeke and Barkley, it's literally a coin flip. It's not so much as a Sophie's Choice than it is an embarrassment of riches available to you there. 

I like the way you lay out strengths and propensities, but in reality there is not a clear separation to cause this much fret.

Both will be >1200 and 8 TDs. Both will be north of 55 catches and 425 yards.

In a PPR I slide towards Barkley, but I think this comes down to league scoring, as Zeke will have more ground yards, and Barkely will have more catches/receiving yards.

My league has a slightly overweighted PPR figure (2/3 of a point), which makes Barkley a no-brainer. If your league does something similar, lean towards Zeke where points per rush yard scoring may be more favorable, and towards Barkley if PPR (ETA: points per rush yard) scoring is more comparably favorable.

If they are fairly standard scoring for both, then honestly you can't go wrong with either, and not worth losing sleep over IMO.

I love the idea of Cook being a guy who can lead the fantasy scoreboard, and think there is a solid chance that could happen, but I think he may be spelled a tad more than the others if only to protect from injury. So not a guy I would consider at 1.03 even though his upside warrants the consideration.
Another rock solid contribution.  Thank you for the first part - I agree. I feel very lucky to have drawn the 1.03 (well, I was able to pick my spot 3rd and 1-2 kept their positions. 1.06 took 1.12, then it went haywire from there).

there isn’t really a bad choice, true. We are 1 full PPR & rec & ru yards are .1/1, so the edge does go to Barkley, assuming he’s healthy. 

our draft is on the 4th, so if there isn’t clarity on Barkley’s injury by then, the little Red Cross could well lean 1.02 towards Kamara, who I know he’s crushing on.

that would leave me Barkley Vs EE, and as you suggested, Barkley gets the edge for what should be a ridiculous receiving line. higher ceiling, lower floor than EE due to durability concerns. 

i’m guessing his injury isn’t too bad. 

I agree 100% about Cook/Mattison/Boone. For one, MIN wants to lock him up long-term, but the contract is at an impasse. So there’s incentive to keep him healthy. For another, Cook is dramatically underpaid, so he has incentive to stay healthy.  I don’t know anything for certain but those two factors make me wonder if we’re going to see the same volume, or the same cook out there. That all said, that’s pure speculation & he could certainly stay healthy for 16 games & have a normal workload, finishing top 4 at the position. That’s reflected in his ADP.

So yeah, I’m definitely not losing sleep over it, but TBH i haven’t drafted in the top 5 picks in almost a decade. So I guess I wrestle the most with upside vs safety.  

I have pick 4 as well and I'm targeting Cook as well. It would be a tougher decision between him and Kamara for me but this is my only redraft and I have Kamara rostered in 3 of 5 dynasty leagues so would be looking to diversify a little.
I think it’s a good idea, especially when reading about Kamara playing through a knee tear he didn’t have repaired. 

As to the OP - I don't think you can go wrong but (assuming Barkley is gone...he will be), I go Zeke as the safest pick. He has a higher floor than Cook or Kamera and has an equally high ceiling as both of them.
If Barkley is there, you take Saquan over EE I assume? 

Zeke's my #2. He hasn't missed a game for health reasons his entire career and his per game rates have been top 5 every season. KISS.

So if pick #2 isn't taking Zeke then I'm picking him 3rd.

I think it’s a good idea, especially when reading about Kamara playing through a knee tear he didn’t have repaired. 

If Barkley is there, you take Saquan over EE I assume? 
Yes, I would.

I’m not worried about Kamara’s knee. If he needed surgery he would have had it - could have been a small tear. Still for other reasons he’s probably the most risky of the options.

No way would I pick Kamara #3 over Barkley or Zeke.

I would just be very happy to get #3 pick and pick the back that slides to me at 3.  I lean toward Barkley in a PPR, but I would very satisfied with Zeke.  

Kamara was #3 and #4 his first two years in the league and apply his rates those years to 2019 and he'd have been #3 again - almost the exact same as Cook. I'm conflicted which of those 2 I'd pick, but lack of trust with health is why the debate is 4 vs 5. 

Kamara was #3 and #4 his first two years in the league and apply his rates those years to 2019 and he'd have been #3 again - almost the exact same as Cook. I'm conflicted which of those 2 I'd pick, but lack of trust with health is why the debate is 4 vs 5. 

This is the kind of evaluation i was hoping for starting this topic. 

and I don’t disagree. It is very much philosophical. I feel like picking top 3, safety does matter. Moonshots are great if you have another pick in 5-7 picks, but when your next pick is 2.10 you really need to hit on a reliable asset at 1-2-3.

i disagree that Elliott has no chance at being the RB1. The TD opportunities he has with DAL plus the workhorse role & durability he’s shown seem like he could definitely be the highest scorer, but it is a lesser chance than the home-run hitters.

Barkley is likely going to be 1.02, so More realistically I’m looking at EE vs Cook vs Kamara.

I’m not entirely sold on Henry doing it again, though I love the dude. His lack of receptions knocks him behind the others in PPR, IMO. He’s had like 14-18 every year? I don’t see that increasing. Compared to Barkley’s 91 in 2018 or EE’s 77 in 2018 & 54 last year. 

If 1.02 takes Kamara it’s going to be a really tough call between EE & Barkley.  EE seems like the safer pick. Barkley clearly the moonshot. His receptions probably offset the TD advantage EE will probably have.

i appreciate your insight & evaluation. That’s what will make this topic beneficial to myself & others with this draft position.

It’s not an easy decision - I keep second guessing it. I’ve pretty well worked Kamara out of my equation, and included him in this simply because of ADP. I would take Cook over Kamara & it wouldn’t be close. I’m betting 1.02 takes Barkley, but ya never know. Hell, there’s a chance he’s BSing me & will take Elliott. If that happened Barkley is the no-brainer. 
I'm in a super minority, in that I actually like Barkley at 1.1. So obviously I think he's the best case scenario at 1.3. I think people are greatly underrating Carolina's offensive turnover, and I expect CMC's yardage to come down a lot, like 20% or so. I could also see CMC losing 6-7 TD's as well. Both those things started to happen down the stretch last year.

Barkley was only really himself for 5 games last year in my eyes. The 1st 2, and the last 3. He came back way too soon. I do think 90 catches is a bit of a pipe dream. The Giants have so much more in the passing game now than they did then. I don't think we've seen his best yet as a runner though. I am expecting a pretty big carry spike with Jason Garrett there now.

My biggest issue with Elliott is that his rushing yards, and yards per carry have gone down every season since his rookie year, and the supporting cast keeps getting better. I think that 54 catches he had last year is a high end projection for 2020, and 77 is unlikely without massive injuries at WR. He did that in a year with no real other weapons, until the Cooper trade halfway through the season. Now Gallup is developed, they added a potential star in Lamb, and Dak is simply a better QB now. I also wonder of he loses some work with a more creative coaching staff.

My issue with Cook, is his durability, but also how his durability could lead to smaller workload. Even before he missed time last year, he was much less effective as the season went on. He averaged 103 rushing yards and 5.3 YPC his first 8 games, and 50 rushing yards and 3.2 YPC in the last 8. I do think he'll remain heavily involved in the passing game with Diggs gone, but its tough to feel great about him. 

What I really like about Henry(and a point for Zeke as well) is his durability. He's the one hurting others. I also think he's the best GL hammer in the league, he has converted 27 of 32 carries the last 2 seasons when the Titans needed a yard for a TD or a 1st down. I don't think a pass catching explosion is coming, but I think a jump to 30-35 is possible. He's also averaged over 10 YPR, and is a terrifying prospect for DB's in the open field. With Dion Lewis gone, and the rookie Evans having some issues in camp, I could see an even bigger reliance on Henry. Henry's numbers also jumped quite a bit once Mariota was benched, and while its unlikely Tannehill stays at the elite level he was at last year, he's not going to fall to Mariota's either.

I think there is a very sizable drop after that group, where I start looking at WR and TE.

The post so nice ya posted twice! 
:)  

I agree - If we had more trust in health, Kamara & Cook would be in the discussion for 2-3 with EE & Barkley. 

that health risk is certainly factored into the ADP. 

I agree - If we had more trust in health, Kamara & Cook would be in the discussion for 2-3 with EE & Barkley. 

Neet bored, huh.

And despite their health risk I don't think there's a good argument to drop them below anyone else. 

Neet bored, huh.

And despite their health risk I don't think there's a good argument to drop them below anyone else. 
Agree with this, although Henry becomes an intriguing target in the discussion of Kamara vs Cook vs Henry at 4.  Henry is a beast, and the only two questions I have are:

1. will he be used more in the passing game? Get his receptions into the 30s & he's instantly worthy of consideration. 

2. Can he repeat his success of 2019? 

Of the 2, the 1st is the only one I'm not sure about...he's never been known for his hands, with 14-18 catches for most of his career. But without D. Lewis, and with the rookie reportedly struggling, could Henry be targeted ~40x? Or will the Titans find another pass catching breather-back? Or will they simply use TEs for those checkdowns? 

Otherwise I think you're spot on. 

Agree with this, although Henry becomes an intriguing target in the discussion of Kamara vs Cook vs Henry at 4.  Henry is a beast, and the only two questions I have are:

1. will he be used more in the passing game? Get his receptions into the 30s & he's instantly worthy of consideration. 

2. Can he repeat his success of 2019? 

Of the 2, the 1st is the only one I'm not sure about...he's never been known for his hands, with 14-18 catches for most of his career. But without D. Lewis, and with the rookie reportedly struggling, could Henry be targeted ~40x? Or will the Titans find another pass catching breather-back? Or will they simply use TEs for those checkdowns? 

Otherwise I think you're spot on. 
Uncomfortable is my operative word when it comes to Henry. No demonstrative reason to believe he will be used in the pass game, which makes him more reliant on his team playing from ahead. Credit where credit's due for how this team made it to the 2nd quarter of the AFCCG up 10, but it's hard to sustain success with so little emphasis on the pass game. He averaged 13.4 ppg in losses last year and 24 (!!!) in wins. His hot finish in 2018? Amidst a winning streak with a step back to an 11.6 pt performance in the finale - a loss to the Colts. Not that any of those are bad numbers, but the subject is first round picks.

I convinced myself yesterday to slot Kamara 4 and Cook 5 because of Dalvin's contract situation, but even with that Henry's reliance on winning football is a difficult hurdle to clear. I don't think I'm gonna knock him down my board too far - I floated him out there in a dyno in May to see if I could sell at peak, but didn't get any RB1 offers. But I'm looking for reasons to slide others above him. 

Uncomfortable is my operative word when it comes to Henry. No demonstrative reason to believe he will be used in the pass game, which makes him more reliant on his team playing from ahead. Credit where credit's due for how this team made it to the 2nd quarter of the AFCCG up 10, but it's hard to sustain success with so little emphasis on the pass game. He averaged 13.4 ppg in losses last year and 24 (!!!) in wins. His hot finish in 2018? Amidst a winning streak with a step back to an 11.6 pt performance in the finale - a loss to the Colts. Not that any of those are bad numbers, but the subject is first round picks.

I convinced myself yesterday to slot Kamara 4 and Cook 5 because of Dalvin's contract situation, but even with that Henry's reliance on winning football is a difficult hurdle to clear. I don't think I'm gonna knock him down my board too far - I floated him out there in a dyno in May to see if I could sell at peak, but didn't get any RB1 offers. But I'm looking for reasons to slide others above him. 
All fair points. I’m surprised you couldn’t get any interest in dynasty, but I guess he’s not considered a lock to repeat. 

Henry feels like one of those guys that a lot of folks pass on in the 1st round, on draft day, then he leads the league in rushing & finishes like RB4-5 and everyone thinks, “how the heck did I pass on that guy?!”

Still, I get it. In PPR he just isn’t as attractive. As you mentioned, he’s a bit game-script dependent & without the receptions he’s dependent on TDs for elite status. 

makes sense. 

My order for PPR is based on a mix of potential catches, health, and contract issues.  The first three are easy for me.   Cook vs Henry was most difficult.   Henry should rack up more rushing yards and TDs than Cook but Cook should have more receptions   Cook has contract and health issues.   Henry should have a huge year.    Kamara could finish as RB3 in PPR but it’s a risk I’m not going to take if the other options are available.   

CMC

Barkley

Zeke

Cook

Henry

Kamara

All fair points. I’m surprised you couldn’t get any interest in dynasty, but I guess he’s not considered a lock to repeat. 

Henry feels like one of those guys that a lot of folks pass on in the 1st round, on draft day, then he leads the league in rushing & finishes like RB4-5 and everyone thinks, “how the heck did I pass on that guy?!”

Still, I get it. In PPR he just isn’t as attractive. As you mentioned, he’s a bit game-script dependent & without the receptions he’s dependent on TDs for elite status. 

makes sense. 
If he stays healthy then he will probably finish as at least a top 5-10 RB since health is generally the necessary criteria to achieve such a status. But after examining the top 10 I think the debate is where he falls in the latter half; not the top. 

Thankfully my only pure redraft is nonppr, so I don't have to consider getting cute if I draw a bad draft position. I think Henry's an easy RB4 in that format. 

What's the health risk with Kamara, an injury from last season that he's completely recovered from (and that he played through)?

What's the health risk with Kamara, an injury from last season that he's completely recovered from (and that he played through)?
He didn’t look great playing through it, and he missed 2 games.

according to Kamara it was multiple injuries. Knee, shoulder, ankle and back. 

the knee & back concern me. Knee tears don’t always heal without surgery, and a partial tear could be at greater risk of fully tearing. I don’t know why he opted to rehab instead of getting it fixed, but it’s a concern. 

back injuries are notorious for popping back up. 

That all said, what I’m more concerned about is that Murray was downright dominant in Kamara’s absence. And since Kamara got so dinged up, maybe Payton decides to work Murray more into the 2018 Ingram role. 

I’m also a little concerned about the presence of Sanders as a legitimate WR2 (and 8-9th round bargain in FF), something the Saints haven’t really had the last couple seasons. Those receptions have to come from somewhere, and while some will be at Thomas’s expense, I’m concerned many will be at Kamara’s.

I fully concede that I may be overthinking all of this. Kamara could well be the PPR RB1-2 this year. Murray giving him breathers could help Kamara stay fresh so he returns to 2018 dominant form & Sanders presence may not impact him.

but I do think there are legitimate concerns that have me dropping him out of the top 3.  If you don’t share those, then you’ll be in a good position to take advantage of folks like me & get a potential bargain. I remember being worried about Zeke’s holdout a few years back. He fell to 1.06 in my league & that guy got a bargain. I’m a little surprised Kamara’s ADP isn’t similarly effected.  

He didn’t look great playing through it, and he missed 2 games.

according to Kamara it was multiple injuries. Knee, shoulder, ankle and back. 

the knee & back concern me. Knee tears don’t always heal without surgery, and a partial tear could be at greater risk of fully tearing. I don’t know why he opted to rehab instead of getting it fixed, but it’s a concern. 

back injuries are notorious for popping back up. 

That all said, what I’m more concerned about is that Murray was downright dominant in Kamara’s absence. And since Kamara got so dinged up, maybe Payton decides to work Murray more into the 2018 Ingram role. 

I’m also a little concerned about the presence of Sanders as a legitimate WR2 (and 8-9th round bargain in FF), something the Saints haven’t really had the last couple seasons. Those receptions have to come from somewhere, and while some will be at Thomas’s expense, I’m concerned many will be at Kamara’s.

I fully concede that I may be overthinking all of this. Kamara could well be the PPR RB1-2 this year. Murray giving him breathers could help Kamara stay fresh so he returns to 2018 dominant form & Sanders presence may not impact him.

but I do think there are legitimate concerns that have me dropping him out of the top 3.  If you don’t share those, then you’ll be in a good position to take advantage of folks like me & get a potential bargain. I remember being worried about Zeke’s holdout a few years back. He fell to 1.06 in my league & that guy got a bargain. I’m a little surprised Kamara’s ADP isn’t similarly effected.  
No offense, but I’ll go with what the team doctors decided was the best plan for his knee. Not all tears require surgery.

As far as some of the other reasons - those are legit but I was only commenting on your injury statement.

No offense, but I’ll go with what the team doctors decided was the best plan for his knee. Not all tears require surgery.
none taken. We all have our level of risk aversion. If I’m at 6 and Thomas is off the board, with Kamara there I likely grab him without hesitation. 

but at 3 with players who weren’t injured last year I go with what I see as the safer option. 

As far as some of the other reasons - those are legit but I was only commenting on your injury statement.
Sure, but it all factors in to where I rank him. 

I'm sorry. I am not taking Henry over Cook, Zeke or Kamara in a PPR league. No way. 

CMC

Barkley

Zeke

Cook / Kamara

Henry maybe

I have the 2 and I’m leaning Zeke.  Nobody has mentioned schedule, and Saquon has Steelers, Bears, 49ers, Rams and Cowboys right out of the chute.  Don’t really like any of the possible game scripts with Jones at qb.  An 0-5 start to a fantasy team  can be fatal.  I also like that Pollard is a viable handcuff who you should be able to roster.  If he goes down, Tony would get a similar workload.  The same can’t be said for Deion Lewis.

Also at 1.04 in PPR and have been thinking Kamara the whole time and have been more focused on the 2nd/3rd round and what will be there and trying not to overthink it.  Of course now this thread has me overthinking it...

I would echo previous posters though CMC/Saquon/Zeke should be 1-3 without hesitation.  

Hearing about Cook's potential to hold out does have me nervous so to me Kamara seems "safer" at 1.04.  The dude has had 81 receptions in 3 straight seasons. To me that seals it for PPR.  But I would understand someone else wanting Cook there. 

Hearing about Cook's potential to hold out does have me nervous so to me Kamara seems "safer" at 1.04.  The dude has had 81 receptions in 3 straight seasons. To me that seals it for PPR.  But I would understand someone else wanting Cook there. 
So from what I’ve read, Cook is not happy playing for the $ he’s due to make. Who can blame him.

The team has said they want to lock him up long-term, Cook has said he wants to be there long-term. 

the latest is that they’re at an impasse & the team won’t be negotiating, but the team’s offer is still on the table. 

i’m not sure how far apart they are but reportedly Cook is looking to get 14-15M a year. 

Given the injuries, I’m not sure the Vikings want to pay him that. Mattison is pretty capable,  but he’s no Cook. 

So the team & Cook are moving forward with nothing resolved. That’s less than ideal. 

As for Kamara, I could see his receptions dropping to the 50s range. If they incorporate more Murray, and if Sanders carved out a true WR2 role (something neither Trequan not Snead ever really did) then I imagine they’ll come at Kamara’s expense (and Thomas at lesser extent). 

Still a very valuable player; but tough to project. 

Anyone want to make a case for Michael Thomas at 1.03?  Just like, for conversation’s sake? 
;)  
I don't think it's a very complicated case - if you expect him to repeat a 32% target share and 81% catch rate (or make up for it with growth somewhere else) then depending on how you forecast other elites then he is a worthwhile consideration as early as #2 in some formats. Drop his share 3% and his catch rate 5% and let's even give him the same td total - then suddenly his per game rates are the same as Godwin in 19.  And would not have been top 5 in 18.

I don't think it's a very complicated case - if you expect him to repeat a 32% target share and 81% catch rate (or make up for it with growth somewhere else) then depending on how you forecast other elites then he is a worthwhile consideration as early as #2 in some formats. Drop his share 3% and his catch rate 5% and let's even give him the same td total - then suddenly his per game rates are the same as Godwin in 19.  And would not have been top 5 in 18.
Assuming a healthy Kamara & the addition of Sanders & that’s a difficult assumption to make. 

since we’re drafting online, my league randomized draft order (KDS “pick your position) early for a change. 

PPR redraft I pick 1.03

chatting with 1.01 (CMC) and 1.02 (“not EE”) I know I’ll have a choice of EE & whichever of Kamara & Barkley he doesn’t take.

Pretty sure I know who I’ll take here. I’ve weighed the ups & downs of each, but I’m curious as to which of these elite RBs the sharks of FBG would select here & why. Or would you (gasp!) take Thomas?

Less interested in a poll ad in the reasoning behind your choice.  Zeke, Barkley, Kamara or Thomas. Who’s your 1.03 pony & why? 
Most people will go Barkley at number two. I like Zeke. 

Users who are viewing this thread