What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capella

CAPELLODINHO
Last edited by a moderator:
Porzingis is done for the season, right? With Beverly back, the Clippers should have this series in the bag.

Lillard is also out of the bubble and done. Lakers are looking forward to getting some rest before round 2.

RUSF18 said:
The crazies couldn't have taken over the thread when you didn't have one of your A+++ thread titles up? 
I know, really kind of frustrating lol. Gonna let this one be dry for a few days. 

knicks are a train wreck and deserve derisive treatment, but porzingis is made of paper.  the talent is sublime, but year after year he is injured with major stuff.  he didn’t want to be in ny and could the knicks have gotten more, it’s arguable.  i am not against them moving him and still hope the future picks pan out here, but he keeps devaluing himself.

Dort plays fantastic D on Harden only to have three Thunder players stand and watch the only Rocket in the paint get the rebound and kick it back to Harden for the open 3.   On the plus side, Schroder is currently in full NBA Jam On Fire mode.  

Crazy - Schroder and Tucker both get tossed.  Schroder performs a cup check on Tucker and then PJ retaliates with a head butt.
I think the Schroeder ejection was a bad call.  That was just his natural running motion and Tucker stepped into him on that screen, which was an offensive foul.

Any leans on the Boston/Toronto series?  Pretty evenly priced.

Boston was 3-1 vs Raptors in the regular season but Raptors slightly favored for the series.

Lakers predictably had no problem dispatching the no defense playing Blazers. 

Suns were the best team. Should have been the 8 seed. And would have went 25-0 in the Bubble.

Lakers predictably had no problem dispatching the no defense playing Blazers. 

Suns were the best team. Should have been the 8 seed. And would have went 25-0 in the Bubble.
Sucks the suns didn’t make it but the regular season had to count for something. It’s a shame the nba didn’t take the bubble time to just seed 1-16, multiple teams in the East should have been kicked to the curb. 

Any leans on the Boston/Toronto series?  Pretty evenly priced.

Boston was 3-1 vs Raptors in the regular season but Raptors slightly favored for the series.
I think that slight lean to the raptors is probably right.  They are both great coaches, but I think that nurse has a few more personnel options to work with and get more variety.  Gasol vs theis will be an interesting matchup of crafty big me.  Who will guard siakam and can he take the step of being the best player in the series?  If Tatum can be the best player in the series, that might make a difference for Boston.  I would not bet it but just enjoy the matchup.

So far Boston shooting better is the difference.

If I wasn't a Boston fan, I'd be a Raptors fan.  Nurse's defensive schemes are revolutionary.  The Rap's half court offense will struggle, but this matchup will come down to Celtics turnovers.

Boston shot it well, got back and forced the Raptors to work for points.  Will be curious to see what adjustments are made by both teams in game 2

Terrific Game 1 by Boston. It's one thing to demolish a franchise in the gutter like Philadelphia, it's another to do it to a legitimate playoff team like Toronto.

Luka clubbed Reggie Jackson from behind in the last game, worse than the Morris hit. People act like in never happened. 

Luka clubbed Reggie Jackson from behind in the last game, worse than the Morris hit. People act like in never happened. 
🙄

Not even remotely similar. It was pretty clear that Morris was not making a play for the ball and he was already whistled for a foul. 

🙄

Not even remotely similar. It was pretty clear that Morris was not making a play for the ball and he was already whistled for a foul. 
Ugh. Does anyone that actually watched the games have anything objective to say about it?

Murray = pretty good
The last three games he has average 47.3ppg on 64% shooting and 63% from 3. I think having the static background must really be helping him. Fwiw, I also think that typically the Jazz and Nuggets are at a shooting disadvantage as they bounce to and from elevation. If a baseball flies 10% further, a shot has to be slightly affected as well.

there are high school teams that could defend the high screen and roll better than Denver has in the bubble. their D is embarrassing.
Yep.

Getting Harris back is huge for them. Murray/Jokic/Porter is good offensive core but they've absolutely got to have high level help defenders at the other 2 spots. I've mentioned many many times in the previous thread that teams will light up Jokic on high screens come playoff time. It's only going to get worse as playoffs go on. I think Porter will be a bit better when he gets to play the 4 full-time. JMO Jokic is too slow footed (weight loss or not) to ever improve much out in space.

It's amazing how Denver/Utah just seems to have every game come down to OT or a final game.  I think Murray just takes game 7 over but we'll see.  I expect it to somehow go to OT.

It's amazing how Denver/Utah just seems to have every game come down to OT or a final game.  I think Murray just takes game 7 over but we'll see.  I expect it to somehow go to OT.
Think Murray can do this 4 games in a row? Maybe. 

Would it be too much to ask to have the #1 seed in the East, with the reigning MVP and DPOY have a prime time game at some point?

I'm honestly not kvetching about Jimmy Butler tearing the Bucks up tonight. They played like poo after the 1st quarter. Nothing like giving Kyle Korver about 20 minutes but I digress.....

It might have been 1 or 2 games after 7pm in the bubble an 0 in the first round. It might be messing with them not playing at night.

Would it be too much to ask to have the #1 seed in the East, with the reigning MVP and DPOY have a prime time game at some point?

I'm honestly not kvetching about Jimmy Butler tearing the Bucks up tonight. They played like poo after the 1st quarter. Nothing like giving Kyle Korver about 20 minutes but I digress.....

It might have been 1 or 2 games after 7pm in the bubble an 0 in the first round. It might be messing with them not playing at night.
All East playoff games are going to start at this time I believe unless there is no west game. They aren’t going to make the west teams start at 1030 East time 

All East playoff games are going to start at this time I believe unless there is no west game. They aren’t going to make the west teams start at 1030 East time 
Valid point I didn't think about. Still think the Bucks shouldn't be tipping at noon every friggin game.

That was more the Magic. I don’t think there will be any more day games. 
We don't have Sixer fans to ##### about every little thing so someone has to pick up the slack

While we're here, it's now an offensive foul on Giannis if you fall down in the lane and he's within 6 feet of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread