Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, trader jake said:

Chris Paul (almost) always does....until the very, very end when he and his team will inevitably choke. It's happened his entire career.  You can set your watch to it...like watching him cut in front of a defender on his back near midcourt while dribbling, flopping to draw a charge against bigs, yelling at his own teammates, or arguing with officials regardless of the moment.  He's consistent, I'll give him that.

In general I agree with you.  I'd even say Chris Paul had a good game 7 (triple-double and all), but down the stretch you just knew he wouldn't get the job done because he never does.  I guess his quote after game 6, "“When it gets to clutch time, fourth quarter, some people are built for it, some people shy away from it," just struck me as preposterous.  A lot of players could say that...but he just isn't one of them.  Game 7 is just another example why.

 

Great article on The Ringer as well: link "####housery" 😆

All fair points but when you're comparing CP3 to Harden,  it makes Paul almost look like Horry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So is Magic Johnson.  link  He broke it down like this: "I'm so excited for Denver vs. Utah Game 7 & to see Jamal Murray vs. Donovan Mitchell! For Denver to win, Nikola Jokić, Gary Harris, Pa

Two posts in and no 76er talk? That boycott was really powerful.

Full disclosure--I think both Kawhi and Lebron  are great players and I'm not trying to hate on either of them.  With that said--I do think that even though its only been one day since the Clippers lo

11 minutes ago, The Kansas Comet said:

What a collapse by the Bucks.

Agreed.  Total collapse by the Bucks in the 4th quarter of game 3 tonight. This series against Miami has been a disaster for the Brohans. This is the type of performance where people in the organization get fired. Or worse...makes decision makers believe a big trade for Chris Paul this off-season makes sense for the Deer. 😒👾

Edited by trader jake
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching this series, I have really felt llike Giannis is going to be increasingly the target of hot takes about not being "clutch".  Heard a bunch of that from the crew tonight. I don't think that is what is going on as much as the Bucks not having enough options on offense. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Watching this series, I have really felt llike Giannis is going to be increasingly the target of hot takes about not being "clutch".  Heard a bunch of that from the crew tonight. I don't think that is what is going on as much as the Bucks not having enough options on offense. 

 

yeah, he's like the one superstar without a wingman. Kawhi with George, Harden with Russ, Davis with James, etal. Those other teams were loading up while the Bucks were letting a guy like Brogdon walk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, caustic said:

Bucks get:
Andrew Wiggins
2020 GSW 1st round pick (1.02)
2021 MIN 1st round pick
2022 GSW 1st round pick

Warriors get:
Giannis

Yay/nay?

The biggest nay I could ever find. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thecatch said:

GSW would need to give up those picks just to justify the other team taking on Wiggins’s contract. 

Yea Wiggins absolutely sucks and that contract is a huge negative. This draft doesn’t have a Zion/Ja so that second pick doesn’t relatively mean a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buffaloes said:

yeah, he's like the one superstar without a wingman. Kawhi with George, Harden with Russ, Davis with James, etal. Those other teams were loading up while the Bucks were letting a guy like Brogdon walk.

True.  But the bucks are down 3-0 vs a team with butler and a team of role players.  
 

getting swept by the heat is embarrassing.  Outscored by 27 in 4th quarter by butler and scrubs.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chris B. said:

Lakers need to take advantage of their size instead of settling for jumpers.

Absolutely.  That doesn't have to mean just force-feeding the post, but they need to use their size to compromise the defense.  When they play small, they are doing Houston a favor.  And less Rondo would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buffaloes said:

yeah, he's like the one superstar without a wingman. Kawhi with George, Harden with Russ, Davis with James, etal. Those other teams were loading up while the Bucks were letting a guy like Brogdon walk.

They gave Middleton a max contract and signed Bledsoe for 4 years, which cost them Brogdon.  Middleton was earning it until the break, but now it looks like a few bad decisions have really hurt. It’s hard to watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buffaloes said:

yeah, he's like the one superstar without a wingman. Kawhi with George, Harden with Russ, Davis with James, etal. Those other teams were loading up while the Bucks were letting a guy like Brogdon walk.

Yeah, ummmm, Brogdon is nothing close to a number two.  Sucks to lose him though, I'd rather have him than Bledsoe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of panic here about the Bucks. A couple of things- the Heat are a really good team that is grossly under rated. Butler and Bam are legit all stars and people forget that Dragic was an all star as recently as 2018.  Crowder and Iggy are great veteran leaders that can be thrown at Giannis defensively here and there to give him different looks. They drafted really well and guys like herro and nunn got massively overshadowed by Ja and Zion. The Heat are also really well coached and their collective and cohesive team playing style translates well in the bubble- where there is no home court and the lack of fans seems to take some of the competitive edges away from superstar foul calls.

With that said- Giannis clearly looked hobbled to me as the game went on. His shots were very flat and short and he didn’t look anywhere near full explosiveness to me in the 4th. The Bucks do have a decent roster surrounded Giannis but let’s not kid ourselves- the Heat playing at full health will beat the Bucks with a 70-80% Giannis pretty much any day of the week. Yeah; maybe the Bucks can tweak their roster a bit and try to add an instant offense guy to come off the bench but I hope they don’t blow things up or trade Giannis. If anything Giannis seems more frustrated with himself than he does the rest of his team. He’s the one that fouled butler that costed them a game earlier. The Bucks could very well be up 2-1 right now

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

A lot of panic here about the Bucks. A couple of things- the Heat are a really good team that is grossly under rated. Butler and Bam are legit all stars and people forget that Dragic was an all star as recently as 2018.  Crowder and Iggy are great veteran leaders that can be thrown at Giannis defensively here and there to give him different looks. They drafted really well and guys like herro and nunn got massively overshadowed by Ja and Zion. The Heat are also really well coached and their collective and cohesive team playing style translates well in the bubble- where there is no home court and the lack of fans seems to take some of the competitive edges away from superstar foul calls.

Yep. 

If you did pick 'em between Bucks/Heat, Bam is 3rd player selected. "Butler and scrubs" :lmao: . The F outta here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Yep. 

If you did pick 'em between Bucks/Heat, Bam is 3rd player selected. "Butler and scrubs" :lmao: . The F outta here.

Amazing the team they've built so quickly. Perfect blend of complimentary players to 2 All Stars in Bam and Butler.

Franchise looked dead in the water with the Dragic/Whiteside contracts.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, jvdesigns2002 said:

A lot of panic here about the Bucks. A couple of things- the Heat are a really good team that is grossly under rated. Butler and Bam are legit all stars and people forget that Dragic was an all star as recently as 2018.  Crowder and Iggy are great veteran leaders that can be thrown at Giannis defensively here and there to give him different looks. They drafted really well and guys like herro and nunn got massively overshadowed by Ja and Zion. The Heat are also really well coached and their collective and cohesive team playing style translates well in the bubble- where there is no home court and the lack of fans seems to take some of the competitive edges away from superstar foul calls.

With that said- Giannis clearly looked hobbled to me as the game went on. His shots were very flat and short and he didn’t look anywhere near full explosiveness to me in the 4th. The Bucks do have a decent roster surrounded Giannis but let’s not kid ourselves- the Heat playing at full health will beat the Bucks with a 70-80% Giannis pretty much any day of the week. Yeah; maybe the Bucks can tweak their roster a bit and try to add an instant offense guy to come off the bench but I hope they don’t blow things up or trade Giannis. If anything Giannis seems more frustrated with himself than he does the rest of his team. He’s the one that fouled butler that costed them a game earlier. The Bucks could very well be up 2-1 right now

Maybe the Heat are underrated - I've no idea - but there is definitely cause for concern among Bucks fans.  Call it "panic" or whatever, but this is a massive disappointment.  If Giannis leaves Milwaukee, they're left with Khris Middleton's $180m guaranteed deal surrounded by mid-level role players and a very difficult re-building project.  We saw this same tactic used against Giannis over a year ago in the Toronto series and it seems they've not come up with an answer.  Regardless of the Heat's quality, the Bucks were a huge favorite in this series, and most of us expected them to have a legitimate shot at winning a championship this season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more than a little concerned about the Celtics now.  They were .5 seconds from basically punching a ticket to the ECF and now they are in a coin flip, dogfight of a series.

I found myself getting angry about it again today.  I can't imagine how the players feel.

Edited by Jayrod
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize they lost today but I never got to chime in when the thread was moved. 

If Brand had a choice of keeping Butler or getting rid of Brett Brown, how the hell do you screw that up?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Maybe the Heat are underrated - I've no idea - but there is definitely cause for concern among Bucks fans.  Call it "panic" or whatever, but this is a massive disappointment.  If Giannis leaves Milwaukee, they're left with Khris Middleton's $180m guaranteed deal surrounded by mid-level role players and a very difficult re-building project.  We saw this same tactic used against Giannis over a year ago in the Toronto series and it seems they've not come up with an answer.  Regardless of the Heat's quality, the Bucks were a huge favorite in this series, and most of us expected them to have a legitimate shot at winning a championship this season.

 

might be nice if Bud woke up and realized this is the playoffs and he can play guys more than 30 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

might be nice if Bud woke up and realized this is the playoffs and he can play guys more than 30 minutes.

Too little too late.  Bud f'ed up managing minutes all series.  The Heat aren't the Magic.  Name another coach who plays their best players under 35 minutes in highly contested playoff games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...