What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOJ Bomb

ESPN Sources: Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan won’t be returning to the Thunder next season. Donovan’s contract expired at season’s end and the sides have decided against pursuing an extension.

WOJ Bomb

The Chicago Bulls are expected to have an interest in considering Donovan for the franchise’s head coaching job, sources tell ESPN. The Bulls are just completing a first-round of interviews with several candidates.

WOJ Bomb

ESPN Sources: Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan won’t be returning to the Thunder next season. Donovan’s contract expired at season’s end and the sides have decided against pursuing an extension.
Was just coming to see the FFA hot takes on this. 

Thunder fans seem a little surprised, but also felt like the team overachieved this season despite Billy, not because of Billy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Bye, Milwaukee.  We barely knew ye.

As for these Lakers, they just look very out of sync.  Their defense is suspect and the don't have consistent help for LBJ and AD on offense.

Thunder fans seem a little surprised, but also felt like the team overachieved this season despite Billy, not because of Billy.  
OKC was a tough task to begin with for Billy from day 1. handling some strong Egos then losing your top stars over the last few yrs. Weren't suppose to be in the playoffs but got the 5th seed this year. If Billy goes to CHI then it'd be great for Lauri Markanen offensively 

WOJ Bomb

'6ers next coach at '6ish/year imo.

'6ers next coach at '6ish/year imo.
Woj singled out CHI right away which I found interesting. Could be nothing but something could be there. 

Also Jeff Goodman had this on Donovan

Been told by multiple sources that Billy Donovan’s preference is to remain in the NBA rather than return to college.

Interesting take here. OKC GM Sam Presti is very good friends with Bulls Exec Micheal Reinsdorf. Could the Bulls may have asked Donovn already from permission from OKC to hire Donovan and Presti and Donovan agreed not to extend his contract to speed up the process? Just some food for thought here

Woj singled out CHI right away which I found interesting. Could be nothing but something could be there. 

Also Jeff Goodman had this on Donovan

Been told by multiple sources that Billy Donovan’s preference is to remain in the NBA rather than return to college.
If Donovan wants to "win now", the Bulls aren't the place for him.

However, they have a good offensive player in LaVine, a lot of young lottery picks with an arguable amount of potential, and plenty of cap space after next season.  If Donovan is willing to be patient, I can see it as a better situation soon than the Thunder who may trade some combination of Paul, Adams, Schroder, and Gallinari and start a multi-year rebuild.  

76ers job is weird.  There will be expectations of a deep playoff run while having the challenge of trying to implement a new system for a team with a flawed roster.  It could work out fine or it could go south quickly.  Is that a challenge he wants to take on?  I don't know.

However, they have a good offensive player in LaVine, a lot of young lottery picks with an arguable amount of potential, and plenty of cap space after next season.  If Donovan is willing to be patient, I can see it as a better situation soon than the Thunder who may trade some combination of Paul, Adams, Schroder, and Gallinari and start a multi-year rebuild.  
Probably won't but wonder if they'll try to deal Lavine. Coby's skill set is very similar at a fraction of the cost. And Coby's a better ball handler IMO.

Bulls have a shlt ton of pieces on rookie deals Coby/Carter/Lauri/4th pick. It'd be real nice if they actually took advantage of that.

BTW When the #### does Felicio's deal end?!?! FFS thing seems like it's been ongoing for a decade. :lol:  (It looks like this is the final year)

Probably won't but wonder if they'll try to deal Lavine. Coby's skill set is very similar at a fraction of the cost. And Coby's a better ball handler IMO.

Bulls have a shlt ton of pieces on rookie deals Coby/Carter/Lauri/4th pick. It'd be real nice if they actually took advantage of that.

BTW When the #### does Felicio's deal end?!?! FFS thing seems like it's been ongoing for a decade. :lol:  (It looks like this is the final year)
Next year will be Felicio's last.  Otto Porter and Felicio being off the cap is what will give them so much space (plus buyouts on Thad Young and Satoransky).  Lauri will be a RFA but who knows how much he'll be worth.  He had such a bad year.  

There are no untouchables on the Bulls roster.  I guess LaVine could be moved but, of course, for what in return? 

If Donovan wants to "win now", the Bulls aren't the place for him.

76ers job is weird.  There will be expectations of a deep playoff run while having the challenge of trying to implement a new system for a team with a flawed roster.  It could work out fine or it could go south quickly.  Is that a challenge he wants to take on?  I don't know.
OKC is going full tank mode. Presti and Micheal Reinsdorf are friends so is it possible maybe Bulls and Billy had interest in a partnership and OKC did this to move things along faster? Wishful thinking but food for thought. 

Bulls have the guards Donovan wants to run his offense and the perfect pick and roll/pick and pop Stretch 4 in Lauri and adding Wendall who can shoot from time to time as the 5 will do wonders in Billy's offense. Gafford seems like a nice Noah clone possible. They also have the #4 pick that depending who they want could trade out for better value. If Donovan is patient and wants to coach young players with a solid Vet now in Lavine it might be the best option for him given his offensive philosophy. I'm not calling the team word beaters but patients is an essence. They got some highly respected individuals in the FO now as well who seem to know what they are doing. They will also have plenty of cap after next season. 

I don't see the 76ers being a great destination. The roster is a complete mess and no where near constructed to how Donovan wants. Ben would have to be traded which from what I'm getting feelings of from the 76ers is they want to keep Ben. PHI would have to throw huge money at BD to even get him there. He also doesn't babysit players either. The 76ers seem to be targeting Lue to keep Ben happy as they both are clients for the same agency. Lue loves to kiss  :censored:  of players and be a pushover too which he was in Cle. The issue for the Sixers is it could work fine depending how they build it to Donovan's likes but that thing is also a powder keg ready to blow if things don't work out. Does Billy Donovan really want to go somewhere that has that high of a chance falling apart with the snap of a finger? 

Makes me sad knowing Boston put one year too long on the Hayward deal. $30M+ dollars WASTED on that dude. Could have made a hell of a run for Giannis. Giannis + Tatum = rings, multiple.

Makes me sad knowing Boston put one year too long on the Hayward deal. $30M+ dollars WASTED on that dude. Could have made a hell of a run for Giannis. Giannis + Tatum = rings, multiple.
Giannis isn't going anywhere. And the Celts seem to be doing fine without Hayward, and he was playing very well before he got hurt. Probably not $30M good, but there are likely worse contracts for worse players out there.

If Giannis doesn't commit to Supermax and sign before next season starts I'd be stunned if he is not moved.  And I have a hard time seeing him commit to five more years in Milwaukee given current roster makeup and lack of ability to substantially improve.  He knows he probably has ten years left to play if he chooses, he can make up any temporary shortfall in the market of his choice.  

Honestly.....I see almost no way they can make the roster better next season, or the seasons to follow with current salary cap restrictions.  And this roster just is not going to win a championship.

No high level free agent is going to go to the Bucks, and they don't have cap room to be players in the FA market.  They have some nice pieces for sure on their roster, and are built for success in regular season.  But they have very few true assets (considering talent plus salary) where they can upgrade substantially by trading.  Middleton is a nice player, but he makes the max and you just wouldn't get much back.

I suspect that he will end up on the Warriors.  They will trade this years #2 overall, next years MIN pick, and their 2022 and 2024 pick along with Wiggins and whatever makes the contracts work out.  

Lowry was exhausted at the end. I wonder how his legs will be in game 7 after logging all of those minutes. He’s no youngster.

aj;sldkfja;lwekfj;sdlFNaw;ejosrhewfo;DSJ!!!

I didn't get to watch much (snuck in some time on my phone during church) but it seemed like Tatum's turnovers in the clutch were an issue tonight.  Brown and Smart were amazing from what I could tell.  The Raps made it a point to disrupt Walker at all times and it seemed to slow them down.

But dangit I'm sick of watching Toronto make so many threes late in games!!!111!

aj;sldkfja;lwekfj;sdlFNaw;ejosrhewfo;DSJ!!!

I didn't get to watch much (snuck in some time on my phone during church) but it seemed like Tatum's turnovers in the clutch were an issue tonight.  Brown and Smart were amazing from what I could tell.  The Raps made it a point to disrupt Walker at all times and it seemed to slow them down.

But dangit I'm sick of watching Toronto make so many threes late in games!!!111!
Absolutely killer. I think my TV was about to cry because I was yelling at so much.

Absolutely killer. I think my TV was about to cry because I was yelling at so much.
Will give him a pass on the one where he passed to Nurse who was impersonating a Celtic in the corner...wtf? A couple of brutal ones though. 

whoknew said:
I never understand why teams never run plays at the end of games. Always just go iso.
Because you want to make sure you take the shot with 0, or as close to 0 on the clock. If you run ir down, and run a play, if that play goes nowehere you are ####ed. 

Wonder where this will leave the Celtics if they can't beat the Raptors in this series. A Raptors team, without Kawhi, is not nearly as impressive. 

Will be interesting to see Butler go up against either. Bam could have a hell of a series against Boston too, he seems like he could abuse the paint at will if Boston makes it.

Definitely did IMO.  It was also a clear travel too, but I don't know if you can review that after the fact.
Yeah, I think he traveled because he new that originally he was way over the line and tried to correct.  But he didn't get both feet behind the line.  Oh well - fantastic game, especially for neutrals.

Wonder where this will leave the Celtics if they can't beat the Raptors in this series. A Raptors team, without Kawhi, is not nearly as impressive. 

Will be interesting to see Butler go up against either. Bam could have a hell of a series against Boston too, he seems like he could abuse the paint at will if Boston makes it.
It leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.

It leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.
Couldn't almost the exact same post have been written last year before the draft? And what did that get them for 2020?

Couldn't almost the exact same post have been written last year before the draft? And what did that get them for 2020?
That is why the word hopefully is in my post although I do think they may have something in Langford although he is still raw...that being said I do think they are in a different spot with the stench of Kyrie gone and Brown and Tatum now far more secure with what they are...would not bother me one bit if they moved a pick or two to get a quality veteran role player or two on the roster instead of crossing the fingers on a youngster.

leaves them with a very young core with one potential high-end superstar in Tatum (22 years old) and one star in Jaylen Brown (24 in October) and three first round picks in this year's draft that either thru those picks or thru trades hopefully helps them increase their depth which is an issue...C's are gonna be a legit contender for quite sometime.
Well, after the draft they acquired Kemba Walker. I don't see how a Kemba/Jaylen/Jayson trio is anything but a top 3 team in the east for a few years. Sure, they may not win a championship, but it isn't hard to imagine a scenario where Tatum becomes a 1st team all NBA guy and they fill in a round the edges

I hate to actually be cheering for Boston this series but I am.  My least 2 favourite teams in the league. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread