Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles

Just now, RUSF18 said:

Factoring in the power Tatum went up with and how high he was, I honestly think that's the greatest block I've ever seen. 

Best block in the playoffs since LeBron on Iguodala in game 7 to wrap up the Cavs 3-1 comeback against GSW.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So is Magic Johnson.  link  He broke it down like this: "I'm so excited for Denver vs. Utah Game 7 & to see Jamal Murray vs. Donovan Mitchell! For Denver to win, Nikola Jokić, Gary Harris, Pa

Two posts in and no 76er talk? That boycott was really powerful.

Full disclosure--I think both Kawhi and Lebron  are great players and I'm not trying to hate on either of them.  With that said--I do think that even though its only been one day since the Clippers lo

2 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Factoring in the power Tatum went up with and how high he was, I honestly think that's the greatest block I've ever seen. 

LeBron’s chase down, down?  But hell of a 2nd place block.

Edited by Sammy3469
1 minute ago, Sammy3469 said:

LeBron’s chase down, down?  But hell of a 2nd place block.

Agree if factoring in situation/circumstance but I meant from an actual physical standpoint in what it took to make the block which I meant to say in the post. Chase down blocks are just easier. 

• Like 1

Kawhi Lonard is looking like garbage right now.  No energy, no explosiveness, but slow and tired.  If that doesn't change soon, the battle of LA will be over before it starts.

Edited by Jayrod
1 hour ago, wilked said:

Good game, finally caught up. Celts had it and gave it away. They need some semblance of normal from Kemba or they are going home. 

gonna be a helluva series 

This.  Enjoyed the game, but they choked it away and Walker was outplayed by Wanamaker most of the game.

Time for some people to start putting some real respect on Jokic's name.  It has felt like an afterthought for the last two years.  "Yeah, yeah, Jokic too.  He's good."  No.  He's a top 10 player, easy.

Edited by trader jake
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, trader jake said:

Time for some people to start putting some real respect on Jokic's name.  It has felt like an afterthought for the last two years.  "Yeah, yeah, Jokic too.  He's good."  No.  He's a top 10 player, easy.

Nobody quite like him in the league.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I feel like my heart has barely survived these Nugs series. 

Denver is going to have to be perfect to beat LA---Bron is going to get every call (hey, he is a superstar so that is expected). 

I worry Joker will get in foul trouble often. LA really has a size advantage--maybe Bol comes in and takes a few fouls to slow the game down?

Denver needs to hit the 3's to pull the Laker's  defense out. Denver is young and they need to use that to run LA.

They keep proving me wrong--I hope they do again.  

As a side note--I can't wait to watch Stephen A lose his mind tomorrow. 

Edited by Courtjester
14 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Well, I feel like my heart has barely survived these Nugs series. 

Denver is going to have to be perfect to beat LA---Bron is going to get every call (hey, he is a superstar so that is expected). 

I worry Joker will get in foul trouble often. LA really has a size advantage--maybe Bol comes in and takes a few fouls to slow the game down?

Denver needs to hit the 3's to pull the Laker's  defense out. Denver is young and they need to use that to run LA.

They keep proving me wrong--I hope they do again.  

Prior to the bubble, I liked the matchup for the Lakers physically.  Jokic's weight loss, Michael Porter's emergence as a rotation player and Murray's ascendence to a gutsy assassin has me questioning that more heading into the WCF .

2 hours ago, trader jake said:

He was All NBA last year and is going to be again this year. 

He gets plenty of respect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Clippers traded more first round picks for Paul George than Paul George’s made FGs last night.

I wonder if Doc Rivers does his best to get fired now. I mean, how do you coach a guy that cheated on your daughter and left her for the stripper he got pregnant?

11 hours ago, Nigel said:

Unreal block, remarkable that it was so clean given the ferocity of Tatum’s move...no body, all ball, zero chance of anyone belly-aching about a no-call. Absolutely perfect. 

:goodposting:

the way every Celtic just sort of turned and walked away in stunned acceptance instead of the entire team screaming for a foul was pretty amazing.

even if there's the possibility a player can maybe sell a foul in that situation, no matter how egregious, usually there are going to be a few guys doing their best to get the call.

the non-reaction there was amazing.

Kawhi 0 - 5 in the 4th quarter

basically only shot when forced to and otherwise looked like he had checked out. didn't really even notice him the entire second half unless he was getting stripped, blocked or bricking a shot.

I heard an interview with Danny Ainge this morning, and he said in today’s NBA getting behind and mounting a comeback is easier than it ever has been and probably is an advantage. Between threes and free throws, mix in some turnovers and complacency, and teams that were behind will stay focused and engaged. Said this is an issue league wide and hard to keep the intensity up and foot on the gas.

He said the C’s called plays to take advantage of match ups and they were so tired they settled for iso possessions at the end of the game. That’s where getting Hayward back would help. Can’t just all stand around and let the shot clock run out. Will be interesting to see how they adjust. 

Nothing carved in stone, but this comment seems like good news for the Bucks.

Giannis Ugo Antetokounmpo

@Giannis_An34

Thank you Milwaukee for all the love and support you showed my teammates and I this season. You guys are the best fans in the league. I can’t wait for next season! #ThroughTheWall #Antetokounbros

https://twitter.com/Giannis_An34/status/1306068269548404736

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

The Clippers traded more first round picks for Paul George than Paul George’s made FGs last night.

I wonder if Doc Rivers does his best to get fired now. I mean, how do you coach a guy that cheated on your daughter and left her for the stripper he got pregnant?

You could argue that he already did his best in this series.  Windhorst had some brutal stats about Doc's coaching - tied for most losses in clinching games in playoff history (14-27 in those games; Pat Riley was 40-27), 8 losses in Game 7 (most all time by 3), only coach to have multiple teams blow 3-1 series leads (3 times).  That's just rough.

Edited by The Kansas Comet

i respect the hell out of pat riley and i like seeing a bunch of marquette guys on the floor for miami so i am going for them now that the bangos crapped the bed take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Buffaloes said:

someone laughed at this notion earlier in the thread, but i have been way more excited for the basketball games this week than opening weekend of foosball. pretty hyped for another game 7 tonight

I laughed at the idea that the NBA or NHL playoffs would take viewers away from the nfl.  I think you are in the minority.

BUT, I will say as someone who has much to dislike about the NBA and was to the point of hardly watching for a long time, the bubble has been the most entertaining NBA basketball I've seen in years.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, whoknew said:

He was All NBA last year and is going to be again this year. 

He gets plenty of respect.

I hope you are correct regarding Jokic.  The All-NBA teams end with 3 centers, so he made it last year and this.  Not sure enough fans believe he's really one of those guys, not simply the offensive center to Gobert's defensive slot on those lists.

3 minutes ago, facook said:

the bubble has been the most entertaining NBA basketball I've seen in years.

Amazing how well these teams can play when everyone is focused on basketball, not all the other stuff that goes along with professional sports.  The talent and effort on display is so high night after night.

• Like 3