What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Party is Most Responsible for the Violent Protests? (1 Viewer)

Which Political Party is Most Responsible for the Ongoing Violent Protests?

• Democratic Party

Votes: 76 41.5%
  • Republican Party

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • The Parties are Equally Responsible

Votes: 32 17.5%

• Total voters
Which party?  I guess my question would be to anyone who answers...why do you believe the party is responsible?

Are the political parties responsible for the actions of some of these people?  Who is responsible for the policies that are unchanged?  Who is responsible for the incidents that have led to protests...thus then leading to violence?  Is it actually something the party did or didn't do?  

Just saying one party controlled x city's government does not make it their fault.  That involves deeper dives into what was attempted, how it was fought at different levels and so on.

Seems like yet another gotcha poll question not intended on anything more than finger pointing at one side or the other.

Both parties are equally responsible. This is years of anger built up from Americans who are tired of our leaders ignoring police brutality and racial inequality.

Imagine watching Democrats in Congress call for unrest in the streets and Democrat mayors do nothing to help their cities (when President Trump has repeatedly offered) and clicking “Republican” on this poll. My god this is peak PSF right here and just another example of how this place is a fantasy land.

If you mean which party is responsible for violence occurring, it is obviously nonsensical to attribute the preponderance of blame to either political party. If you mean which party is responsible for magnifying the issue as a distraction from WAY more important issues like the failed response of the federal government to a generation pandemic or the repeated attempts by our president to undermine our democracy, that is obviously the Republicans. 

Imagine watching Democrats in Congress call for unrest in the streets and Democrat mayors do nothing to help their cities (when President Trump has repeatedly offered) and clicking “Republican” on this poll. My god this is peak PSF right here and just another example of how this place is a fantasy land.
Thinking offers of federal troops is a good thing is also fantasy land to some.

And please, if you wish to make claims of what members of congress has called for...back them up in context rather than this version of it...

This is the politics forum, not the American forum.
This is what's wrong with America.

I detest partisan hackery.  This thread is a prime example.  Instead of trying to even understand or acknowledge the problem, we point fingers.  Nothing gets better.

If you ask who is most responsible, my answer is partisan hacks and those who enable them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d say the party that chose not to address it at their National Convention. Silence is violence, right?

I detest partisan hackery.  This thread is a prime example.  Instead of trying to even understand or acknowledge the problem, we arw to point fingers.  Nothing gets better.

If you ask who is most responsible, my answer is partisan hacks and those who enable them.
Yup. 

And please, if you wish to make claims of what members of congress has called for...back them up in context rather than this version of it...
I mean this is a fantasy forum I know, but you guys are even more out of touch than usual here. I’m from Chicago and know liberals who are absolutely horrified by the response of Lightfoot and the Democrats.

I detest partisan hackery.  This thread is a prime example.  Instead of trying to even understand or acknowledge the problem, we point fingers.  Nothing gets better.

Well said

I mean this is a fantasy forum I know, but you guys are even more out of touch than usual here. I’m from Chicago and know liberals who are absolutely horrified by the response of Lightfoot and the Democrats.
So no...not going to back up the assertions made.  Thats all you had to say.

Did Donald Trump condemn the violence or encourage the violence?

Did Donald Trump condemn the shooting of Jacob Blake?

Did Donald Trump condemn the white supremacist teen who crossed state lines to murder people?

Does Donald Trump want the violence to continue or does he want it to end?

If people want Donald Trump out of office, they need to quit taking the bait. He’ll direct his FB army of Boogaloo Boys or Proud Boys or whichever boys to come in and get violent against you and then blame you for the violence. It’s despicable and anyone who doesn’t see it for what it is and call it out for what it is contributes to the problem. 

Given the phrasing of the question, the answer is fairly obvious - The Trump Party - at this stage, i am not even sure its appropriate to call them Republicans - is the only one encouraging violence.

There are people on all sides of the political spectrum that are not being excellent to one another - but the question does not ask that.  

What a horrible thread. It’s a bad take. Why do you constantly always try to pit both sides of the aisle against each other?  What’s your goal here?
Yes its a horrible thread.

Yes its a bad take.

Yes, this is the kind of discussion Joe wants here now - as evidenced by the many similar threads.

I think you know the answers to the other questions.

Trump is in charge of the country right now.  Some of this obviously falls on him.  Don't discount the number of "actors" that support Trump that are out there creating havock.

Democrat polticians could do a better job condemning the looting and rioting; although by and large....they are doing so.

As far as general members of society go:

If you are an American and you are upset with the state of society under Trump....vote him out.  Don't just riot and loot....vote.

If you are a Trump supporter who think everything under the Trump regime is great except for the rioting/looting .....take a moment to put yourself in others shoes and ask yourself why is this going on  If you are intellectually honest in this exercise....you'll come to a reason that will probably make you uncomfortable.  

Did Donald Trump condemn the violence or encourage the violence?

Did Donald Trump condemn the shooting of Jacob Blake?

Did Donald Trump condemn the white supremacist teen who crossed state lines to murder people?

Does Donald Trump want the violence to continue or does he want it to end?

If people want Donald Trump out of office, they need to quit taking the bait. He’ll direct his FB army of Boogaloo Boys or Proud Boys or whichever boys to come in and get violent against you and then blame you for the violence. It’s despicable and anyone who doesn’t see it for what it is and call it out for what it is contributes to the problem. 
Why would any rational person condemn the shooting of Jacob Blake?  Should the officer have waited until Blake grabbed a gun in the car and shot him and his partner?  I honestly think people believe this.  Either that or don't think through the scenario that a police officer has to process when a suspect physically resists arrest and then disregards orders to stop while he reaches into his car.

Wait, you answered my question about rationality with "crossed state lines to murder people."  Shows a vast lack of understanding of yet another situation.

Why would any rational person condemn the shooting of Jacob Blake?  Should the officer have waited until Blake grabbed a gun in the car and shot him and his partner?  I honestly think people believe this.  Either that or don't think through the scenario that a police officer has to process when a suspect physically resists arrest and then disregards orders to stop while he reaches into his car.

Wait, you answered my question about rationality with "crossed state lines to murder people."  Shows a vast lack of understanding of yet another situation.
Oh, so Blake deserved seven bullets in the back? Ok, bless your heart.

Rationalizing the shootings? Done with that. Not going to try to “understand” the nuances of a 17 year old kid running around WI with an AR-15 when he’s from IL. Doesn’t even matter where he’s from. Enough is enough.

Rationalizing the shootings? Done with that. Not going to try to “understand” the nuances of a 17 year old kid running around WI with an AR-15 when he’s from IL. Doesn’t even matter where he’s from. Enough is enough.
"Crossing state lines" was about 20 minutes, so basically for me in Phoenix a drive to Tempe where my office is.  Kenosha was where he worked.  And he didn't bring a gun when he left home.  And he was both cleaning up the mess left by and providing medical assistance to the rioters.  So you'll excuse me if I point out that "crossed state lines to murder people" shows a slightly biased yet well-thought-out analysis of the situation.

Its both parties.. And its not even close... We have a President that is just putting fire to the mess.. Who accepts no responsibility and has zero leadership to lead all America.   We have Democrats that will not even consider that sending in National Guard is not necessary a bad thing to help calm things down and separate the different sides. 

We have a 24 hour news media that is driving this story off the cliff, because they will not let people breathe and reflect.   

Weren’t Kamala’s people bailing rioters out of jail earlier this summer?

This is a gotcha question, but the answer here is obvious. From police brutality stemming from years of nepotism in appointments by Dem city officials, Dem police unions protecting their own, and all the while Dems either call for unrest or simply refuse to execute laws seems to me to point a big ####### arrow right at Dems.

I'm still voting Biden. Maybe he can find the old Joe that was against forced busing and trot him out for a tour or two of duty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread