What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Party is Most Responsible for the Violent Protests? (1 Viewer)

Which Political Party is Most Responsible for the Ongoing Violent Protests?

• Democratic Party

Votes: 76 41.5%
  • Republican Party

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • The Parties are Equally Responsible

Votes: 32 17.5%

• Total voters
Only in a ####ed up world like this are there people who try to defend a 17(!) year old KID walking down the middle of the street with a weapon of war, somehow making him the victim.  Unreal man, what has this world come too.  
Oh what a piece of work you are.  This is a 17-year old kid who was being chased down by a mob.  The guy he shot in the arm has stated his intent was to kill him.  You want to condemn this kid for what is a misdemeanor against a bunch of thugs.  The kid was stupid and should not have been there, but his life was in danger and he deserves a defense until proven guilty.  The only crime which is going to stick is possession of a gun by a minor, which is ironic sunce they are charging him as an adult.  The people in the DA's office are lowlife scum, IMHO.  Overcharging a kid to apease the mob.  What a friggin justice system we have.  

A "deal" is a business transaction.  This is governmental politics based on the constitutional law of the United States. 

My point was to point out out that it's not as simple as all the people who falsely assume president Trump has unilateral authority, which is kind of ironic because Trump opposers are always so quick to say that he wants to act like a dictator but you can bet your bottom dollar that if he HAD acted on this right away and used his (legally right) authority of invoking the Insurection Act of 1807, the media and the Democratic party would have frothed at the mouth and broken their fingers typing so hard as they couldn't have tweeted fast enough as to how the president's order was "Trump acting like a dictator".  

In all honesty, the relentless attacks and opposition against Trump by the Democrats and a lot of media have likely hindered The presidents ability to act as would normally occur.  Let's be honest-. Obama, Reagan, Carter, Clinton.   Any president you can think of in our time could easily have seen this play out in our country and could have easily went on TV and said "this stops now. I am invoking the Insurection Act to step in, much like was done in the civil awareness protests in the 60's" and nobody would have batted an eye.  They would have lauded a strong president.  But because it's Trump....it's different. 
That's just not true; particularly in his first two years when his Party had control of the House, the Senate and majority of Governor ships and State Legislatures.  He didn't need Democratic or media support then.

He doesn't even need media support now (although after 2018...he needs a little political help from the Democrats)*....he just needs the conviction to do what he believes is right,  the "testicular fortitude" to be able to stand up to criticism as it plays out AND the humility to weather it if he's wrong.  He's no different than any other politician in that in this election year.....his moral center takes a backseat to his election chances.  

* And that's one of the crappiest things about Trump.  Trump really could have come in in 2016 as a legit force of change.  HE could have held Republicans hostage to what he felt was best for the majority of the country by threatening to work with Democrats (there were enough who he could have worked with if he was interested in making compromising deals instead of "my way or the highway" deals) if Republicans didn't fall in line.  The "dealmaker" could have been front and center in 16 and 17....instead he was more interested in trolling libs.  

Oh what a piece of work you are.  This is a 17-year old kid who was being chased down by a mob.  The guy he shot in the arm has stated his intent was to kill him.  You want to condemn this kid for what is a misdemeanor against a bunch of thugs.  The kid was stupid and should not have been there, but his life was in danger and he deserves a defense until proven guilty.  The only crime which is going to stick is possession of a gun by a minor, which is ironic sunce they are charging him as an adult.  The people in the DA's office are lowlife scum, IMHO.  Overcharging a kid to apease the mob.  What a friggin justice system we have.  
Yup.  Just watched an interview with the boys attorney that corrected a LOT of wrong assumptions regarding this.  

The gun was legal.  There is video showing the mob chasing the kid and hitting him.  He fires a shot and hits a guy in the arm and that guy's backs off.  He, hits the other.   It's by far not what a lot of people assume based on the video. 

In a weird way....how the Rittenhouse thing went down that night is kind of the antithesis of minority relations with the police....as a white guy shoots people, runs towards police with a weapon and is given a water.  

That's just not true; particularly in his first two years when his Party had control of the House, the Senate and majority of Governor ships and State Legislatures.  He didn't need Democratic or media support then.

He doesn't even need media support now (although after 2018...he needs a little political help from the Democrats)*....he just needs the conviction to do what he believes is right,  the "testicular fortitude" to be able to stand up to criticism as it plays out AND the humility to weather it if he's wrong.  He's no different than any other politician in that in this election year.....his moral center takes a backseat to his election chances.  

* And that's one of the crappiest things about Trump.  Trump really could have come in in 2016 as a legit force of change.  HE could have held Republicans hostage to what he felt was best for the majority of the country by threatening to work with Democrats (there were enough who he could have worked with if he was interested in making compromising deals instead of "my way or the highway" deals) if Republicans didn't fall in line.  The "dealmaker" could have been front and center in 16 and 17....instead he was more interested in trolling libs.  
I was speaking about this particular incident in recent days, not his authority over his time in office.  Specifically, the unrest in cities and him saying every single day that if they ask for help he can help.  If not, he can only ask, short of invoking the insurrection act.

If he hadn’t shown up armed with an assault rifle would he have been “chased down by a mob”?  
Again only in this ####ed up world is a 17 year old kid walking down the street with a weapon of war just a “kid being stupid”.  WTF man.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If he hadn’t shown up armed with an assault rifle would he have been “chased down by a mob”?  
Again only in this ####ed up world is a 17 year old kid walking down the street with a weapon of war is just a “kid being stupid”.  WTF man.  
If only George Floyd could have not tried to use a fake bill...

Matuski was spot on with this point earlier. 

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Again....just spitballing here....

So if you owned a corner market/bodega/mini-mart...

Who would you rather have come through your door?

A dude trying to pass off a fake 20

or 

A 17 year old with a short fuse and an AR-15?
Come on, clearly the kid with the AR.  Those fake 20’s are scary dangerous.  

or 

Short fuse?  Funny how you characterize.   You make a lot of assumptions based on your bias. 

• Laughing

or 

You realize the guy with the fake $20 has been arrested nine times including armed robbery.  The kids crime is protecting someone's business.  So the choice is really between a known repeated felon or an innocent kid who does things like being a life guard and EMT work. I would rather have the kid in my store any day of the week even with a gun. 

You realize the guy with the fake $20 has been arrested nine times including armed robbery.  The kids crime is protecting someone's business.  So the choice is really between a known repeated felon or an innocent kid who does things like being a life guard and EMT work. I would rather have the kid in my store any day of the week even with a gun. 
This kid is so earnest, wholesome, and good-natured that it's almost comical. Cadet in the volunteer firefighter program, lifeguard, goes to school after his shift to clean up graffiti. 

The lengths people are going to to try and paint him as some sort of lunatic, while elevating 3 convicted criminals of which one was pedo just demonstrates how utterly devoid of any integrity most leftists are these days. 

You cannot call yourself a moderate anymore if you are voting for the current Democrat party. 

Thanks.  Shows me your not interested in anything but your POV. Have a good night.  
You literally are dismissing all legal arguments and wanting to pass your own judgment based solely on the initial decision in certain scenarios vs only reactions in others.

"None of that matters"

Yeah, you don't get to play the I am out for genuine discussion but everybody else isnt card. 

You literally are dismissing all legal arguments and wanting to pass your own judgment based solely on the initial decision in certain scenarios vs only reactions in others.

"None of that matters"

Yeah, you don't get to play the I am out for genuine discussion but everybody else isnt card. 
Clearly I’m not advocating to dismiss the legal process.  I’m talking about larger social issues that drive the acceptance of this type of behavior.  The point I was trying to make, and maybe communicated poorly, was that when we are discussing the legal arguments over the larger and vastly more important issues nothing will ever progress.  Clearly he needs to receive a fair trail and be afforded all his rights, but regardless of that outcome, convicted of murder or off with self defense,  it doesn’t address the real issues (and there are numerous in play here) at bar.  

"None of that matters"

You remind me of that great band from the late-60s, The Quicksand Messenger Service.

• Thanks
I find it fascinating that police forces that have been part of Democratic mayors administration for decades and are tools of systemic racism are this President's fault.  I am talking about city councils and mayors that control budgets, policy, and hiring of cheifs of police, in cities where the majority has been Democratic, again, for decades. But the Democratic party is going to set this all correct if only they get voted in again and on the national level.   It is just a bad joke. 

The only reason he is alive.  
He choose to put himself into that situation, one where he had absolutely no business being, with an assault rifle, at 17yrs old. Zero pity. He’s no victim and those deaths are on him.  

• Thanks
Clearly I’m not advocating to dismiss the legal process.  I’m talking about larger social issues that drive the acceptance of this type of behavior.  The point I was trying to make, and maybe communicated poorly, was that when we are discussing the legal arguments over the larger and vastly more important issues nothing will ever progress.  Clearly he needs to receive a fair trail and be afforded all his rights, but regardless of that outcome, convicted of murder or off with self defense,  it doesn’t address the real issues (and there are numerous in play here) at bar.  
Some concept of social justice has no business as part of our justice system.   There seems to be a movement to unbalance the scales of justice based on skin color or party affilliation which digusts me.  I hate Trump and could never support him, but i am getting damn clise to voting for that SOB.  What is going on sickens me to the core.

• Laughing
He choose to put himself into that situation, one where he had absolutely no business being, with an assault rifle, at 17yrs old. Zero pity. He’s no victim and those deaths are on him.  
He has every right to be there just like every one else.  You seem to be admitting these peaceful protests are really an angry mob of thugs looking for violence where the mere presence of opposition justifies killing.   

• Sad
He has every right to be there just like every one else.  You seem to be admitting these peaceful protests are really an angry mob of thugs looking for violence where the mere presence of opposition justifies killing.   
There was a curfew in effect so he didn’t have a right to be there.  He also can’t open carry as a 17-year old.

Allowing people to open carry at protests when there is a curfew in effect due to concerns of violence was a horrendously stupid decision by the Kenosha police or whoever else made that decision.  It’s not surprising at all that something like this happened. 

Yup.  Just watched an interview with the boys attorney that corrected a LOT of wrong assumptions regarding this.  

The gun was legal.  There is video showing the mob chasing the kid and hitting him.  He fires a shot and hits a guy in the arm and that guy's backs off.  He, hits the other.   It's by far not what a lot of people assume based on the video. 
False.  The gun was not legal.  It is not legal in Wisconsin for someone under 18 to possess a firearm except for instruction or target practice unless under adult supervision.

I would expect Rittenhouses lawyer to argue otherwise and craft an argument showing he was actually engaging in target practice or something like that, but no, the gun was not legal.

Now, theshootings on the video - I do see an argument for self defense, but Rittenhouse killed 2 men, and shot 3.  There is a shooting prior to this video.  Was that one in self defense too?  The one before Rittenhouse starts running away?

• Thinking
There was a curfew in effect so he didn’t have a right to be there.  He also can’t open carry as a 17-year old.

Allowing people to open carry at protests when there is a curfew in effect due to concerns of violence was a horrendously stupid decision by the Kenosha police or whoever else made that decision.  It’s not surprising at all that something like this happened. 
By that logic he was perfectly ok shooting up all those curfew-breaking thugs amirite?  There is really no concept of equal treatment under the law from the wokists.  Pinging on him for breaking curfew when there were thousands of others out there is bizarre.  Really bizarre. 

I find it fascinating that police forces that have been part of Democratic mayors administration for decades and are tools of systemic racism are this President's fault.  I am talking about city councils and mayors that control budgets, policy, and hiring of cheifs of police, in cities where the majority has been Democratic, again, for decades. But the Democratic party is going to set this all correct if only they get voted in again and on the national level.   It is just a bad joke. 
Well said.   Die hard Dems are going to continue to vote D though because that is their team. Facts be damned.   

I don’t care what happens in these protest cities. They are getting what they deserve.  Voting has consequences.  

By that logic he was perfectly ok shooting up all those curfew-breaking thugs amirite?  There is really no concept of equal treatment under the law from the wokists.  Pinging on him for breaking curfew when there were thousands of others out there is bizarre.  Really bizarre. 
No, citizens don't have the right to shoot up curfew breakers.  We both know that.  Honestly, I don't ever understand how you are leaping to that conclusion.  

I'm not "pinning it on him" for breaking curfew.  My point there was he should have been arrested for public safety before all this happened.  The police aren't going to be able to arrest everyone for breaking curfew but they should pick the ones who are most dangerous.  Obviously, people carrying such weapons are easy to spot and remove.  The same as protesters being violent.

False.  The gun was not legal.  It is not legal in Wisconsin for someone under 18 to possess a firearm except for instruction or target practice unless under adult supervision.

I would expect Rittenhouses lawyer to argue otherwise and craft an argument showing he was actually engaging in target practice or something like that, but no, the gun was not legal.

Now, she shootings on the video - I dan see an argument for self defense, but Rittenhouse killed 2 men, and shot 3.  There is a shooting prior to this video.  Was that one in self defense too?  The one before Rittenhouse starts running away?
You realize the guy in the video has a handgun and stated it was his intent to kill Rittenhouse before getting shot in the arm.  But no, you don't see an argument for self-defense.  Unbelievable.  

• Laughing
Just politically, it's obvious Trump was getting killed on 1. the pandemic and 2. the economy, and then that he and his campaign made a conscious effort to drive the messaging on protest violence to be at the forefront of concerns, and I suppose to some extent they've succeeded. But a major problem with this strategy is that it requires continued violence to drive that concern number, and that in turn is driven by the triggering event which is police violence. Inevitably these things die down.... until there's another police shooting. So.... as a political strategy how does one maintain this?

No, citizens don't have the right to shoot up curfew breakers.  We both know that.  Honestly, I don't ever understand how you are leaping to that conclusion.  

I'm not "pinning it on him" for breaking curfew.  My point there was he should have been arrested for public safety before all this happened.  The police aren't going to be able to arrest everyone for breaking curfew but they should pick the ones who are most dangerous.  Obviously, people carrying such weapons are easy to spot and remove.  The same as protesters being violent.
My point is the police can't arrest thousands of people for breaking curfew.  Making hay out of the fact that Rittenhouse was breaking curfew and should have been arrested is ridiculous.  If the police started rounding up all these curfew breakers and putting them in jail, you would be screaming bloody murder and complaining about the Neo-nazi fascist state.  You are engaging in selective logic and believe in selective application of the law based on your political beliefs. 

My point is the police can't arrest thousands of people for breaking curfew.  Making hay out of the fact that Rittenhouse was breaking curfew and should have been arrested is ridiculous.  If the police started rounding up all these curfew breakers and putting them in jail, you would be screaming bloody murder and complaining about the Neo-nazi fascist state.  You are engaging in selective logic and believe in selective application of the law based on your political beliefs. 
Please don't tell me how I would react to a hypothetical.  Ask me if you want to know.  I swear, you always get pissed off when people project positions upon you that you don't hold so maybe you shouldn't do it to other posters.

Please don't tell me how I would react to a hypothetical.  Ask me if you want to know.  I swear, you always get pissed off when people project positions upon you that you don't hold so maybe you shouldn't do it to other posters.
Ok...how would you react if protesters were round up by the thousands and arrested for curfew violations?  Would you be happy that law and order is being restored?  

• Sad
Just politically, it's obvious Trump was getting killed on 1. the pandemic and 2. the economy, and then that he and his campaign made a conscious effort to drive the messaging on protest violence to be at the forefront of concerns, and I suppose to some extent they've succeeded. But a major problem with this strategy is that it requires continued violence to drive that concern number, and that in turn is driven by the triggering event which is police violence. Inevitably these things die down.... until there's another police shooting. So.... as a political strategy how does one maintain this?
He passes Pelosi's stimulus bill which keeps the protesters on the payroll for several more months.  

• Thinking
He passes Pelosi's stimulus bill which keeps the protesters on the payroll for several more months.  
Fwiw IMO this is partly caused by economic anxiety and stress. A normal Republican or Democratic strategy - really any party, any country, any time in history - would be to flood the underclass with money to help quell this. But no.

Users who are viewing this thread