What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Back to divisional round for 3rd time in 4 years (1 Viewer)

I think the Dodgers were clearly better there. 
Which is probably why you leave your best pitcher in to face a lineup, even three times around. I was stunned when my nephew told me they weren't protecting his arm, they were protecting the lead because of statistical reasoning. I could be wrong, but in Game Six you pay attention to long-run results about three times through the order? Oh my. And Game Seven is all hands on deck and push it to the limit. Who knows?

Anyway, I thought my nephew was way off-base complaining about it. I thought they were saving his arm off of Tommy John and whatnot. Turns out they traded him in the off-season. WTF? I guess that's how they do it in St. Pete.

Anyway, that's not by way of correcting or disagreeing you. I don't really follow baseball anymore. That was just a surprise for me to hear that it was based on that logic.

Which is probably why you leave your best pitcher in to face a lineup, even three times around. I was stunned when my nephew told me they weren't protecting his arm, they were protecting the lead because of statistical reasoning. I could be wrong, but in Game Six you pay attention to long-run results about three times through the order? Oh my. And Game Seven is all hands on deck and push it to the limit. Who knows?

Anyway, I thought my nephew was way off-base complaining about it. I thought they were saving his arm off of Tommy John and whatnot. Turns out they traded him in the off-season. WTF? I guess that's how they do it in St. Pete.

Anyway, that's not by way of correcting or disagreeing you. I don't really follow baseball anymore. That was just a surprise for me to hear that it was based on that logic.
Oh Cash didn’t make the right decision. I’m just not really upset the Rays lost. 

Out at the mall now...it’s not like pre-Covid of course, but a decent line and some buzz in the air no doubt. 

Veteran wide receiver Mike Evans is willing to restructure his current contract so that the Buccaneers can free up space to bring some, if not all, of his teammates back that are due for new contracts.

This according to head coach Bruce Arians, via Peter King of NBC Sports.

“Mike Evans is the most unselfish superstar I’ve ever met. He’s told us to use some of his money if we need to contracts to keep the team together!

On Monday when Arians and quarterback Tom Brady met with reporters, Tampa Bay’s head coach addressed the roster situation again, saying he was confident that the front office would make things work in order to retain most or all of the current roster.

Evans is no stranger to restructuring his contract as he has done it in the past to help the Bucs create cap room. It looks like Evans is wanting to take that same approach so that the team can do what they have to do so that they make another run at the Super Bowl in 2021.

Had to love hearing BA in the post boat parade speeches saying, "your ### ain't going nowhere" to both Godwin and LVD. 

Next year.... Buc to Buc?? 🏴‍☠️ 🏴‍☠️ 
That's exactly what I came in here to post about. I did a little research so I'm not talking all hot wind here but several things jump out as talking points and positives which all lead to a potential B2B Run and I believe it is very much in play. I don't often think such things but when you go down the roster and then you look at the salary cap plus some other factors unique to having Tom Brady as your QB and it's not hard to figure out the Bucs are going to be a major factor and perhaps the team to beat. 

-Let's start with all the wonderful young talent the Bucs have on their roster. Whirfs and Winfield highlight a pretty amazing 2020 Draft class, also interested to see Tyler Johnson and Vaughn develop into next season. You look at the previous 2-3 Drafts for the Bucs and you see plenty of their playmakers including Devin White, Mike Edwards started 31 games in 2 seasons, Murphy-Bunting, Miller(Big NFCC TD), Vita Vea, Carlton Davis, RoJo, Cappa, Whitehead and even guys that might make them stronger if OJ Howard is coming back for another year. And my point is they drafted these guys and they do have to extend soem contracts to a few of them but the TB Bucs are not an OLD team despite Brady and Gronkowski and Antonio Brown being the stars of the Super Bowl on offense. This team is not just a bunch of free agents. There's a good chance a lot of the players I named will be even better next year, they haven't peaked just yet. And unlike the Dungy-Bucs that unfortunately only were able to secure 1 Title with a Hall of Fame Defense, not just one player and they couldn't get it done until they finally got decent play at QB with Brad Johnson who was average and nothing like Brady. (Oh Yeah, there was Chucky) 

-Brady-Gronk-Brown all coming back, yes Antonio Brown will not be signed away by anyone else, he'll bunk up with Tom for another year. Suh could retire, Suh could sign perhaps for a little juice somewhere but my gut says he will re-sign and perhaps for about the same as he did last season. The Bucs have the money or they can do something else, he's worth the risk for the deep playoff run and he has now been in the Super Bowl 2 of the last 3 seasons. Gholston runs about $5-$6M and cost zero to release. Howard $6M, Brate $6.5M, Jensen $10M, Smith at LT is over $14M, none of these guys I mention cost a single dime to release and so if they didn't play quite up to the Bucs liking it's possible contracts can be re-worked. 

-$30M under the cap and again I highlighted some players that could free up more. To my knowledge the Bucs have most of their draft picks, many times a talented Playoff team gets quite the gem at the end of the 1st/Top2nd Rd, they can trade up or trade down. 

-Tom Brady is their QB and he brings a lot of knowledge and his own "system" to the Bucs and it worked immediately. Players around the NFL are going to line up or express interest in trying to sign and earn a roster spot with the Bucs, that's a fantastic thing to have. To recruit Gronk, Brown, Fournette, the guys who scored in the Super Bowl. Whatever the Bucs might need to take this team from 11 wins to 13-14 and secure home field and get a bye, etc...they can get it at a discount right now. I don't really desire for ADP to be on the team because I don't see the upside, so many younger guys that better players at this point. 

-Coaching staff is top notch and it feels like they are coming back even if major pay raises are required so Assistants don't leave. Arians' ego at this point just isn't that big and I think he has a special Zen-like mindset that helps and will allow for all of these great minds to remain in the building and not feel threatened or suffocated in any way. 

They have a few players they need to make decisions on including Godwin who I know is vital but when you look at the actual stats and production, is this someone the Bucs need to pay $15M a season to right now? Howard is entering Year 4 or 5 as well. Some of the 2018 Draft Class is going to feel like it's time to start discussing their next contract or their future. The Bucs will need to be very decisive and have a direct plan if they allow any of these players to walk out the door. I am a little unsure of Leonard Fournette but it sounds like he would prefer to stay if possible. I think he's worth the money within reason and can carry a chunk of the load with another back like RoJo etc...Bucs need to continue to have a strong running game and set up Brady and those WRs for deep play action. 

Yeah it's looking mighty good for the Bucs and had they not won the Super Bowl, everyone would have an opinion on some of the guys I mentioned needing tweaked but the fact is they WON and they look as strong as any team has going into an off season fresh from winning the Super Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post MOP. I think they keep one of Howard and Brate and release the other. That’s 6M. They have to keep D Smith though - he was excellent down the stretch. And you can’t just waive a starting caliber LT. 

They will have some holes to fill. It’s going to be interesting but they’re definitely in excellent shape. They have Brady, a very young defense and loaded offensive line. Sucks we have to wait until September. Obviously thrilled they won the title but I was just enjoying watching them every week. 

I was just enjoying watching them every week. 
Same here. As a guy that rosters Godwin on his main fantasy team and has always been intrigued by Evans, it was cool to watch that all unfold. What was funny about it is that I never saw them really click the way I thought they might have, aside from a few games. It sounds like sacrilege to say, but the lack of a preseason and Godwin's on-again, off-again injuries really hurt them for the entire year. They could have been more dominant in the regular season on offense, whether that sounds strange or not.

That's exactly what I came in here to post about. I did a little research so I'm not talking all hot wind here but several things jump out as talking points and positives which all lead to a potential B2B Run and I believe it is very much in play. I don't often think such things but when you go down the roster and then you look at the salary cap plus some other factors unique to having Tom Brady as your QB and it's not hard to figure out the Bucs are going to be a major factor and perhaps the team to beat. 

-Let's start with all the wonderful young talent the Bucs have on their roster. Whirfs and Winfield highlight a pretty amazing 2020 Draft class, also interested to see Tyler Johnson and Vaughn develop into next season. You look at the previous 2-3 Drafts for the Bucs and you see plenty of their playmakers including Devin White, Mike Edwards started 31 games in 2 seasons, Murphy-Bunting, Miller(Big NFCC TD), Vita Vea, Carlton Davis, RoJo, Cappa, Whitehead and even guys that might make them stronger if OJ Howard is coming back for another year. And my point is they drafted these guys and they do have to extend soem contracts to a few of them but the TB Bucs are not an OLD team despite Brady and Gronkowski and Antonio Brown being the stars of the Super Bowl on offense. This team is not just a bunch of free agents. There's a good chance a lot of the players I named will be even better next year, they haven't peaked just yet. And unlike the Dungy-Bucs that unfortunately only were able to secure 1 Title with a Hall of Fame Defense, not just one player and they couldn't get it done until they finally got decent play at QB with Brad Johnson who was average and nothing like Brady. (Oh Yeah, there was Chucky) 

-Brady-Gronk-Brown all coming back, yes Antonio Brown will not be signed away by anyone else, he'll bunk up with Tom for another year. Suh could retire, Suh could sign perhaps for a little juice somewhere but my gut says he will re-sign and perhaps for about the same as he did last season. The Bucs have the money or they can do something else, he's worth the risk for the deep playoff run and he has now been in the Super Bowl 2 of the last 3 seasons. Gholston runs about $5-$6M and cost zero to release. Howard $6M, Brate $6.5M, Jensen $10M, Smith at LT is over $14M, none of these guys I mention cost a single dime to release and so if they didn't play quite up to the Bucs liking it's possible contracts can be re-worked. 

-$30M under the cap and again I highlighted some players that could free up more. To my knowledge the Bucs have most of their draft picks, many times a talented Playoff team gets quite the gem at the end of the 1st/Top2nd Rd, they can trade up or trade down. 

-Tom Brady is their QB and he brings a lot of knowledge and his own "system" to the Bucs and it worked immediately. Players around the NFL are going to line up or express interest in trying to sign and earn a roster spot with the Bucs, that's a fantastic thing to have. To recruit Gronk, Brown, Fournette, the guys who scored in the Super Bowl. Whatever the Bucs might need to take this team from 11 wins to 13-14 and secure home field and get a bye, etc...they can get it at a discount right now. I don't really desire for ADP to be on the team because I don't see the upside, so many younger guys that better players at this point. 

-Coaching staff is top notch and it feels like they are coming back even if major pay raises are required so Assistants don't leave. Arians' ego at this point just isn't that big and I think he has a special Zen-like mindset that helps and will allow for all of these great minds to remain in the building and not feel threatened or suffocated in any way. 

They have a few players they need to make decisions on including Godwin who I know is vital but when you look at the actual stats and production, is this someone the Bucs need to pay $15M a season to right now? Howard is entering Year 4 or 5 as well. Some of the 2018 Draft Class is going to feel like it's time to start discussing their next contract or their future. The Bucs will need to be very decisive and have a direct plan if they allow any of these players to walk out the door. I am a little unsure of Leonard Fournette but it sounds like he would prefer to stay if possible. I think he's worth the money within reason and can carry a chunk of the load with another back like RoJo etc...Bucs need to continue to have a strong running game and set up Brady and those WRs for deep play action. 

Yeah it's looking mighty good for the Bucs and had they not won the Super Bowl, everyone would have an opinion on some of the guys I mentioned needing tweaked but the fact is they WON and they look as strong as any team has going into an off season fresh from winning the Super Bowl.
plus Drew Brees retirement make the path to winning the division that much easier.

plus Drew Brees retirement make the path to winning the division that much easier.
And of all things, it seems like Winston is going to be in the mix there. The NFC South is on a downtrend right now. Atlanta is always capable of making a run but they are coming off a horrendous season in general and it might take a couple years plus an aging Matt Ryan. 

I have been very vocal and critical of the Carolina Panthers which has a very strong fan base I'll say and it's hard to tell them they are doing it wrong but I have felt since the new owner took over that they are going in the wrong direction. Guy was in the Steelers Org and has a big ego and wants to put his hands all over everything, I'm just not a fan right now. 

All that leads to big things for the Bucs who IMO should be the odds on favorite of the South for the next couple seasons anyways. Things can change, maybe the Saints pull off the unbelievable and land DeShaun Watson somehow someway and that would change things. I certainly respect the Saints' front office and head coach, anything is possible, you're not dealing with amateurs over there. 

And we can go around the horn division by division quickly, The Rams didn't trade for Stafford just to enter the Playoffs, they are thinking Super Bowl or bust for a couple years, not sure exactly how that will end but again I respect McVay enough to not overlook them, same with the Seahawks specifically Wilson who is taking the lead from Tom Brady and announcing that he is the new GM of the Seahawks, I for one was impressed with his new leadership role 😆.

LeFleur will make a bad move in the Playoffs again at some inopportune time, the East is a jumbled mess right now, Bears and Vikings loom out there but nobody is really taking them seriously right now. You put Buffalo in the NFC and they might be the favorite, that's how little there is at the top right now. 

And the Bucs are going to be a better team next season, they will. 

LD is back. 3.5M cap hit this year :lmao:  

Put the cap guy in the ring of honor 

Source tells me the Bucs "had to get creative" with Lavonte David's new contract. He has three voidable years in it, allowing them to spread out his cap number more. For 2021, he'll count just $3.5 against the salary cap.

And this, Boys and Girls, is how you manage a team with a small super bowl window. Maybe if the Packers realized you go all in when your window is closing, they would be holding the Lombardi Trophy.

Congrats Bucs fans on having a GM that knows what he is doing.
:thumbup:  I truly don’t know what the packers are doing. If you aren’t willing to push your chips in now, then when? It’s baffling. 

And this, Boys and Girls, is how you manage a team with a small super bowl window. Maybe if the Packers realized you go all in when your window is closing, they would be holding the Lombardi Trophy.

Congrats Bucs fans on having a GM that knows what he is doing.

:thumbup:  I truly don’t know what the packers are doing. If you aren’t willing to push your chips in now, then when? It’s baffling. 
What can Green Bay do? They are between $6M-$12M Over the Cap right now and when you look up and down that roster there isn't a lot of room to make cuts plus the fact is they have roster holes now starting at Center and RB both in font and behind Rodgers when he lines up. Their 2 starting LBs, Smith and Smith combined equal the same $37M AtC that Aaron Rodgers does. They have almost 40% of their cap tied up in 3 players, really amazing players but still 3 players, they gotta field a whole team. 

Add in Adams contract and you now have close to 50% of the team cap tied up in just 4 players. The Bucs meanwhile are right at about the even point vs the cap but the difference is they have roughly $60M in contracts that count ZERO in dead cap meaning they could just part ways with guys like Brate at $6M but they also have leverage to re-work these deals like they did with David at $3.5M in their 2021 cap. I also think they will have to get cute and a some point in a few years they could get in some trouble but the goal right now is win another Super Bowl and then go from there. 

The Bucs have most of the pieces already in place and benefit from strong Drafts the last 2-3-4 years. 

What can Green Bay do? They are between $6M-$12M Over the Cap right now and when you look up and down that roster there isn't a lot of room to make cuts plus the fact is they have roster holes now starting at Center and RB both in font and behind Rodgers when he lines up. Their 2 starting LBs, Smith and Smith combined equal the same $37M AtC that Aaron Rodgers does. They have almost 40% of their cap tied up in 3 players, really amazing players but still 3 players, they gotta field a whole team. 

Add in Adams contract and you now have close to 50% of the team cap tied up in just 4 players. The Bucs meanwhile are right at about the even point vs the cap but the difference is they have roughly $60M in contracts that count ZERO in dead cap meaning they could just part ways with guys like Brate at $6M but they also have leverage to re-work these deals like they did with David at $3.5M in their 2021 cap. I also think they will have to get cute and a some point in a few years they could get in some trouble but the goal right now is win another Super Bowl and then go from there. 

The Bucs have most of the pieces already in place and benefit from strong Drafts the last 2-3-4 years. 
I think there was a lot Green Bay could have done and can do.

we have already hashed out the issue with their draft last year - drafting for the future instead of the present. Love was a horrendous pick in the context of the situation GB is in. And so was AJ Dillon. A 3rd string qb and 3rd string rb in 2020.

While the Bucs were trading for pieces during the season, Green Bay did not pull the trigger on a Tomlinson deal with the Giants. A move you make when you are going all in. 

They could have franchised Jones for 8 mil this year and they chose not too.

They will get under the cap cutting Preston Smith and Dean Lowry. Can also restructure a few deals.

I think there was a lot Green Bay could have done and can do.

we have already hashed out the issue with their draft last year - drafting for the future instead of the present. Love was a horrendous pick in the context of the situation GB is in. And so was AJ Dillon. A 3rd string qb and 3rd string rb in 2020.

While the Bucs were trading for pieces during the season, Green Bay did not pull the trigger on a Tomlinson deal with the Giants. A move you make when you are going all in. 

They could have franchised Jones for 8 mil this year and they chose not too.

They will get under the cap cutting Preston Smith and Dean Lowry. Can also restructure a few deals.
The salary cap is a myth. Teams can do whatever they want to manipulate it. The Bucs just added 3 void years at the end of Lavonte David’s contract in order to get him in cheaply in 2021. Packers could have done the same to retain Jones. If they aren’t going all-in now with Rodgers coming to the finish line than what is even the point? 

to be clear, as a Bucs fan I’m glad they’re not - they are the second best team in the conference presently. It is just extremely short-sighted on their part. Flags fly forever baby. 

Exactly. I don’t care if Packers are in cap disaster land in two years when Rodgers is gone, they can take the hits and start their rebuild then.

Bucs are doing everything right right now - key players locked up for next year and I am sure they will use the draft to get players that will help the team this year.

Exactly. I don’t care if Packers are in cap disaster land in two years when Rodgers is gone, they can take the hits and start their rebuild then.

Bucs are doing everything right right now - key players locked up for next year and I am sure they will use the draft to get players that will help the team this year.
Yes. I think the draft really spotlighted what the packers priorities are. Instead of that QB they could have drafted an OT to groom and be ready to come off the bench in case of injury. Maybe Shaq wouldn’t have dominated the game then. Or a second wideout to take pressure off of Adams. Just so strange to me how they are operating. 

Tom Brady reached agreement with the Buccaneers today on a four-year contract extension that voids to a one-year extension that locks him into Tampa through the 2022 season, sources tell ESPN.

The Tom-Brady extension saves the Buccaneers $19 million against the cap this year, per sources. The additional voidable years are there to defray the cost. It was another effort from Brady to keep as much of the team together as possible.

Tom Brady reached agreement with the Buccaneers today on a four-year contract extension that voids to a one-year extension that locks him into Tampa through the 2022 season, sources tell ESPN.

The Tom-Brady extension saves the Buccaneers $19 million against the cap this year, per sources. The additional voidable years are there to defray the cost. It was another effort from Brady to keep as much of the team together as possible.
Brady now has a projected cap hit of about $9M-$10M from Twitter folks, if true that's incredible. 

🥰🥰🥰🥰 my heart is so full right now 

Brady now has a projected cap hit of about $9M-$10M from Twitter folks, if true that's incredible. 
Eventually the cap hit will escalate like it did with Brady in NE or Brees in NOS. Of course by then people won't really care, but they will have to eat whatever he deferred in a different season (when he's not there anymore).

Eventually the cap hit will escalate like it did with Brady in NE or Brees in NOS. Of course by then people won't really care, but they will have to eat whatever he deferred in a different season (when he's not there anymore).
Excellent point but the Bucs are far from Cap Hell as it is now and of course it will be impossible for them to keep everyone they have drafted last 2-3-4 years which is the blood and guts of this team, but yeah they will pay for Brady at some point. 

-They also are one of the very few teams I can ever remember thinking B2B Super Bowls are a real possibility. Kansas City obviously was on a collision course to do just that, heck they might have won 3 in a row had it not been for Tom Brady in the AFCC 2018 and then the Super Bowl for 2020. 

Bucs add another ring somehow in 2021 and I don't think one single fan is going to care about the bill at the end in a few years as you said. 

Well you’ve been wrong this far about all of this so doubling down more is admirable. 

It’ll be like a 7M dead money cap hit in 2023-2027 when the cap will be between 40-70M more than it is now. 🥰🥰

Excellent point but the Bucs are far from Cap Hell as it is now and of course it will be impossible for them to keep everyone they have drafted last 2-3-4 years which is the blood and guts of this team, but yeah they will pay for Brady at some point. 

-They also are one of the very few teams I can ever remember thinking B2B Super Bowls are a real possibility. Kansas City obviously was on a collision course to do just that, heck they might have won 3 in a row had it not been for Tom Brady in the AFCC 2018 and then the Super Bowl for 2020. 

Bucs add another ring somehow in 2021 and I don't think one single fan is going to care about the bill at the end in a few years as you said. 
lol I don’t care about one single bill NOW. They already got one Lombardi out of this, tf do I care about what happens in 2025. 

Well you’ve been wrong this far about all of this so doubling down more is admirable. 

It’ll be like a 7M dead money cap hit in 2023-2027 when the cap will be between 40-70M more than it is now. 🥰🥰
Yes, I was wrong about how Brady would do, however, whenever he calls it a day the cap bill will be due. NE had to eat almost $15 million this year to watch Brady play in Tampa. We'll have to see how the contract is set up, but if they saved $19 million in cap space this year, they likely borrowed $19 million against the cap from a different year.

Yes, I was wrong about how Brady would do, however, whenever he calls it a day the cap bill will be due. NE had to eat almost $15 million this year to watch Brady play in Tampa. We'll have to see how the contract is set up, but if they saved $19 million in cap space this year, they likely borrowed $19 million against the cap from a different year.
You might not have seen it or heard but it's actually a 4 year extension that essentially keeps him here thru '22 and then its spread over the next couple seasons and as Cap mentioned, the salary cap will be a lot bigger in 2024 than the $185M in '21 and I don't even think the owners needed to reduce the cap, they simply did it because they could. 

Nope, it’s literally spread across 3 void years for that money to not be a big hit. We don’t have to guess, we already know. 

Nope, it’s literally spread across 3 void years for that money to be spread out. We don’t have to guess, we already know. 
That's not how contracts work. The void years are exactly that. Years that aren't really there. But for cap purposes, they allow the cap hit to be spread out across 4 years instead of 1 RIGHT NOW while the contract is active. As soon as the deal gets voided, they have to deal with the cap hit they elected not to take. They can re-sign him again and do the same dance all over again. But they can't just take cap hits for 3 years after Brady retires. They will have to take it all at once.

That's not how contracts work. The void years are exactly that. Years that aren't really there. But for cap purposes, they allow the cap hit to be spread out across 4 years instead of 1 RIGHT NOW while the contract is active. As soon as the deal gets voided, they have to deal with the cap hit they elected not to take. They can re-sign him again and do the same dance all over again. But they can't just take cap hits for 3 years after Brady retires. They will have to take it all at once.
Nope. At least that’s not how every single reporter has explained it. 

Yes, I was wrong about how Brady would do, 
You and a lot of folks, I sure wan't thinking Super Bowl when the Bucs were 7-5. it was a tough year because my lifelong team has always been the Phins but 30 years ago i landed in Tampa from Miami and adopted them as my 2nd team, had season tickets when they stunk at the Sombrero. 

I'm one of the very few fans where someone who was a franchise(Miami) destroyer for 20 years jumps ship to a team i actually care about and then wins a GD Super Bowl, it's surreal.  

Brady has some skeletons and if you search or google you can find some wacky stuff he does to keep appearances but I don't care anymore. The celebratory boat parade around the waters of Tampa Bay was one for the ages. 

You and a lot of folks, I sure wan't thinking Super Bowl when the Bucs were 7-5. it was a tough year because my lifelong team has always been the Phins but 30 years ago i landed in Tampa from Miami and adopted them as my 2nd team, had season tickets when they stunk at the Sombrero. 

I'm one of the very few fans where someone who was a franchise(Miami) destroyer for 20 years jumps ship to a team i actually care about and then wins a GD Super Bowl, it's surreal.  

Brady has some skeletons and if you search or google you can find some wacky stuff he does to keep appearances but I don't care anymore. The celebratory boat parade around the waters of Tampa Bay was one for the ages. 
I couldn’t stand the guy before he came here and now I’m going to end up buying a 3000 dollar signed super bowl jersey :lmao:  Fans are irrational but I’m having a blast and this team has sucked forever. We deserve it. 

Brees is in a similar situation, although they only pushed his voidable cap hit out one year instead of three like Brady. The Saints are on the hook for $26.5 million for Brees. Like Brady, he will be a good soldier and wait until 6/1 to retire, which will allow the Saints to split up his cap hit between this year and next year. Tampa will have to do the same thing with Brady, although I suspect his unaccounted for amount will be slightly higher than what Brees has outstanding. And by then no one will care, as TB would have already won their ring after being semi relevant for years.

Change Topics 😂

What are the Bucs going to do at 32 and 64 in the Draft?

The Bucs have had some very good hauls in these last few Drafts and I think it's an even bigger reason they did so well than just TB walking thru the doors. 

I have a short list of impact players around 32, most of them are on Defense. Not sure they need much help at all there. 

Might be boring but I would try and secure some OL help and free up some of this big money they have tied up at LT and Center but it doesn't appear on the surface that there are many opening for a Rookie to come in and earn a starting spot. I also like several DBs in this range, 2nd Rd pick but a 1st Rd Grade, the Bucs have been awful good at selecting DBs of late, never hurts to add another into the mix. 

We can revisit once his contract is officially filed and picked up by the contract reporting websites.
Brady counted $28 million against the cap. By shifting his compensation mostly to a bonus, that money is pro-rated over five years for cap purposes, so the cap hit is more like $9 million, which saves the Bucs $19 million in cap this year. It adds the same $19m to future years.

——-

so there we go 

Change Topics 😂

The Bucs have had some very good hauls in these last few Drafts and I think it's an even bigger reason they did so well than just TB walking thru the doors. 

I have a short list of impact players around 32, most of them are on Defense. Not sure they need much help at all there. 

Might be boring but I would try and secure some OL help and free up some of this big money they have tied up at LT and Center but it doesn't appear on the surface that there are many opening for a Rookie to come in and earn a starting spot. I also like several DBs in this range, 2nd Rd pick but a 1st Rd Grade, the Bucs have been awful good at selecting DBs of late, never hurts to add another into the mix. 
I think they trade out of 32 and add a pick. I expect them to focus on OL and DL with Shaq almost certainly coming back. Can find an edge rusher down the road. 

Brady counted $28 million against the cap. By shifting his compensation mostly to a bonus, that money is pro-rated over five years for cap purposes, so the cap hit is more like $9 million, which saves the Bucs $19 million in cap this year. It adds the same $19m to future years.

——-

so there we go 
We are saying the same thing. They are taking a loan from the salary cap in the future. Once the contract ends, ie when there are no more contract years, the loan is due. When the contract is voided, that means there are no more years. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Change Topics 😂

I'd like to see them add interior offensive line.  Or a versatile tackle who could move inside.  There isn't much behind their starting 5, and the drop off from Cappa to Stinnie was evident. 

JPP is on the last year of his deal as well, and even assuming they will be re-signing Shaq now there's a need for depth at OLB/Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread