What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Back to divisional round for 3rd time in 4 years (1 Viewer)

Capella

CAPELLODINHO
So we had a thread for the last decade. Started with Schiano I believe. But new decade, new (old) jerseys and TOM BRADY. How could we not have a new thread?

Look at this offense:

Brady

Rojo

Fournette

McCoy

Evans

Godwin

Some white slot guys who will catch 85 balls under Brady

Gronk

OJ

Brate

:excited:

Last edited:
Big test week 1. Feels weird that it’s only a little over a week away.

Local stations have been showing old replays in the preseason game time slots.  27-10 brrrrrrr game in Philly last week. 

Can they recapture that glimpse of magic? They haven’t won a playoff game since the Super Bowl. 

Talent everywhere. Should be an exciting season if they can get the whole thing in uninterrupted. 

So we had a thread for the last decade. Started with Schiano I believe. But new decade, new (old) jerseys and TOM BRADY. How could we not have a new thread? 

Look at this offense:

Brady 

Rojo

Fournette

McCoy

Evans

Godwin 

Some white slot guys who will catch 85 balls under Brady

Gronk

OJ

Brate

:excited:  
How long will the old man make it behind that OL?

I will always love me some Brady. But the Bucs are starting to remind me of the Browns. Tons of talent on offense. If this were 2007 Brady, he could have posted the same numbers as he did that year in NE. But I don’t think he is close to that anymore. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that TB12 will get absolutely crushed by a missed block or a blitz and may not get up In one piece and that could be the last we get to see of Tom. 

I will always love me some Brady. But the Bucs are starting to remind me of the Browns. Tons of talent on offense. If this were 2007 Brady, he could have posted the same numbers as he did that year in NE. But I don’t think he is close to that anymore. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that TB12 will get absolutely crushed by a missed block or a blitz and may not get up In one piece and that could be the last we get to see of Tom. 
37% Lenny will make this happen 

I don’t think you hope you’re wrong at all and you sound like a divorcee who got the steak knives while the still hot wife moved on for greener pastures. 

The Browns? 

The Browns :lmao:  

I’m gonna say Brady and Arians is a little better than Mayfield and whatever idiot coach they had. 

I don’t think you hope you’re wrong at all and you sound like a divorcee who got the steak knives while the still hot wife moved on for greener pastures. 

The Browns? 
OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt. Last year people were all over Cleveland having a high octane offense and would take the AFC North. After years of suffering, the Browns were finally back. And then they went 6-10. 

Some people are saying the Bucs are winning the SB. Skip Bayless has said they are winning the next 2 SBs. There is talk of Brady setting a TD passing record. 

Also lost in any analysis is that Arians runs plays that are much farther downfield and take way longer to develop. They are not the 4 yard dump offs that NE ran forever. Brady will be exposed way more than he was in NE. BB knew Brady needed to get rid of the ball quickly or risk getting mauled.

I am not sure the downfield Arians system will fit with Brady. Arians wanted Winston to air it out and take chances. That is not what Brady does . . . meaning there will be plays where he holds onto the ball even longer. And Brady was not good at all the second half of the season for the Patriots. But that’s why they play the games . . .

OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt. Last year people were all over Cleveland having a high octane offense and would take the AFC North. After years of suffering, the Browns were finally back. And then they went 6-10. 

Some people are saying the Bucs are winning the SB. Skip Bayless has said they are winning the next 2 SBs. There is talk of Brady setting a TD passing record. 

Also lost in any analysis is that Arians runs plays that are much farther downfield and take way longer to develop. They are not the 4 yard dump offs that NE ran forever. Brady will be exposed way more than he was in NE. BB knew Brady needed to get rid of the ball quickly or risk getting mauled.

I am not sure the downfield Arians system will fit with Brady. Arians wanted Winston to air it out and take chances. That is not what Brady does . . . meaning there will be plays where he holds onto the ball even longer. And Brady was not good at all the second half of the season for the Patriots. But that’s why they play the games . . .
Arians has said multiple times he has tailored the system more to what Tom can do. It’s ridiculous to think he would bring in Tom Brady and not adjust the offense from what fit Jameis Winston. Come on. 

The Browns thing is a total non-sequitor. 

per Arians, the first pick was read correctly by Evans and incorrectly by Brady, and the second pick was a bad decision by Brady.

I didn't see the first pick.  The second one looked like a bad throw (inside shoulder on an out route) versus a bad decision.

Arian's seeming bogus comment about the second pick makes me want to see the footage of the first pick.

I'm guessing the Bucs and the Cowboys and a few other teams are better than what they showed this week.

per Arians, the first pick was read correctly by Evans and incorrectly by Brady, and the second pick was a bad decision by Brady.

I didn't see the first pick.  The second one looked like a bad throw (inside shoulder on an out route) versus a bad decision.

Arian's seeming bogus comment about the second pick makes me want to see the footage of the first pick.

I'm guessing the Bucs and the Cowboys and a few other teams are better than what they showed this week.
Evans read zone and ran underneath the deep coverage and stopped. Brady thought he would continue on a seam route. Even if Evans kept running, it seemed like a poor decision. Lots of defenders in the area. 

LINK

Evans read zone and ran underneath the deep coverage and stopped. Brady thought he would continue on a seam route. Even if Evans kept running, it seemed like a poor decision. Lots of defenders in the area. 

LINK
Brady looked terrible on a bunch of throws.  Dumping it into triple coverage repeatedly.  Tough week 1.

Brady could be throwing to 4 future HOF receivers in a few weeks. What a difference from his last few years in NE.

A year ago last week the Bucs were in England and Jameis threw 5 or 6 picks and the Bucs got smoked by a bad Carolina team. Not coincidentally, we were going out for breakfast to watch the game and my kid got sick and puked all over me. 

A year later they have Tom Brady, are in first place, have maybe the best D in the league, a trio of wideouts that may be unmatched in recent history and also Gronk for some reason. What a wild turn of events. 

Last edited by a moderator:
An odd snapshot of the NFL season, forgot about Schiano coaching the Bucs. 

Just not a huge amount of posts or energy in the SP this season and that's after a long and steady decline in participation over the last 10 years. Sort of in synch with your thread Cap. 

A year ago last week the Bucs were in England and Jameis threw 5 or 6 picks and the Bucs got smoked by a bad Carolina team. Not coincidentally, we were going out for breakfast to watch the game and my kid got sick and puked all over me. 

A year later they have Tom Brady, are in first place, have maybe the best D in the league, a trio of wideouts that may be unmatched in recent history and also Gronk for some reason. What a wild turn of events. 
They did hire a Win Now coach that has way overqualified Asst Coaches all over the staff, they did everything they could to make Winston a star and I believe it's one of the reasons he isn't playing(starting) on another team right now. 

They have a Win Now QB that has a limited window. Brady has looked his best when teams are giving the games away. Some of his decisive victories this season have come at the hands of his defense creating turnovers and opportunities which he is very good at cashing in on. 

It's time to start talking about the Bucs and how they will play out beyond the regular season. They still have a ways to go but the packers victory was pretty decisive. 

An odd snapshot of the NFL season, forgot about Schiano coaching the Bucs. 

Just not a huge amount of posts or energy in the SP this season and that's after a long and steady decline in participation over the last 10 years. Sort of in synch with your thread Cap. 
Most people have left message boards like this one for the ease of Twitter, or the volume of Reddit. 

Bucs now lead the league in points scored. They also are +80 in point differential, also tops in the league.
They had a slow start which was probably needed with so many new pieces there.  They should keep this up and get even better with easier matchups and brown coming up.

Granted it was vs the Raiders, but Brady looked unstoppable.  He has a running game that must be respected +  an offensive line doing a better job of protecting and a receiving corps of Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Scotty Miller, Antonio Brown and others.  And my God, their schedule the rest of the way....

Giants, Saints (home), Panthers, Rams (home), Chiefs (home), bye, then the playoffs Vikings (home), @ Falcons, @ Lions.  

Four of those games on the schedule look tough, actually. Saints, Panthers, Rams, Chiefs are not teams to sneeze at.

Four of those games on the schedule look tough, actually. Saints, Panthers, Rams, Chiefs are not teams to sneeze at.
Yeah, I hear you.  Panthers, Rams, and Chiefs are highly ranked but all can get gashed.  Just don't throw to Ramsey's side vs the Rams.  Will have to pass block vs. Donald. Chiefs can get to the passer, too.  Saints are ranked 29th vs QBs. 

I just think too many weapons and in the red zone that back shoulder to Gronk is back to being unstoppable.  We'll see.  

I just think too many weapons and in the red zone that back shoulder to Gronk is back to being unstoppable.  We'll see.  
I think you're right for the most part. Just going for something to talk about is all. Chiefs could be a Super Bowl preview if thinks break right for both teams.

We shall see. 

I'm just happy for the Bucs to be relevant. Usually, at this point in the season, they are practically eliminated from the playoffs. 😁

Win next week and they’ll face the NFC East “champion.” I don’t like their chances against the Saints or Rams. They just don’t match up well. But, you never know. They slowed down a bit after adding Antonio Brown. Seems like he’s found his groove somewhat within the offense. 

Win next week and they’ll face the NFC East “champion.” I don’t like their chances against the Saints or Rams. They just don’t match up well. But, you never know. They slowed down a bit after adding Antonio Brown. Seems like he’s found his groove somewhat within the offense. 
They can’t face the Saints in round 1 unless the Saints fall to the 3 seed. Bucs will be the 5/6. I’m not really worried about the Rams, they can beat them. 

Honestly I think they can beat any team, even the Saints, but they could also lose 30-14. Weird team, maybe they’ve fully turned the corner. 

Capella said:
They can’t face the Saints in round 1 unless the Saints fall to the 3 seed. Bucs will be the 5/6. I’m not really worried about the Rams, they can beat them. 

Honestly I think they can beat any team, even the Saints, but they could also lose 30-14. Weird team, maybe they’ve fully turned the corner. 
I meant generally.  In the playoffs.  The way the Rams and Saints play defense is tailor made to stop what TB does on offense.  I'd like to think the last 4-6 quarters they've played is who they are now, but it's hard to say until it's accomplished against a quality opponent. 

Happy to be back in the postseason regardless.  Quite the year for TB sports.

Can’t decide if I’d rather them play the Giants or WFT.  Wash offense seems hideous but pretty good D. 

Saints will beat the Bears like a drum. 

Rams at Seattle...I'm not sure honestly but we will say Seattle. 

Bucs beat WFT but I want to say that it won't be easy. 

That puts the Bucs at the Packers unless...Rams win and then they would go to Green Bay, Bucs would then travel to New Orleans. I don't think TB will do well @GB despite the thrashing Bucs gave them in Tampa. Don't think Bucs match up well vs Saints. 

Bucs will win a Playoff game but I don't see them getting past the Semi-Round. 

Saints will beat the Bears like a drum. 

Rams at Seattle...I'm not sure honestly but we will say Seattle. 

Bucs beat WFT but I want to say that it won't be easy. 

That puts the Bucs at the Packers unless...Rams win and then they would go to Green Bay, Bus would then travel to New Orleans. I don't think TB will do well @GB despite the thrashing Bucs gave them in Tampa. Don't think Bucs match up well vs Saints. 

Bucs will win a Playoff game but I don't see them getting past the Semi-Round. 
There are 4 really good teams in the NFC this year. Somebody’s gonna have to go through them. Being on the road is a disadvantage but no fans anywhere helps a lot. Bucs have a chance, a very good one imo. 

There are 4 really good teams in the NFC this year. Somebody’s gonna have to go through them. Being on the road is a disadvantage but no fans anywhere helps a lot. Bucs have a chance, a very good one imo. 
Evans report? I just hope he didn't tear ligaments 

@Capella

Hyperextended knee I'm reading by Rick Stroud, whew!

AB seems to get TB motivated for whatever reason, think Brady wants to prove a point. It does seem like Godwin WR1, AB Slot/WR2 with RoJo running wild, they seem to look best like that. Still hope Evans is going to be OK. 

If all 3 Wildcard teams win from the 5-Seed, 6-Seed, 7-Seed...I know I know Chicago would have to beat the Saints but...

The Bucs would actually host the Rams in the Divisional Round 😆

Users who are viewing this thread