What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Back to divisional round for 3rd time in 4 years (1 Viewer)

@Capella

Hyperextended knee I'm reading by Rick Stroud, whew!

AB seems to get TB motivated for whatever reason, think Brady wants to prove a point. It does seem like Godwin WR1, AB Slot/WR2 with RoJo running wild, they seem to look best like that. Still hope Evans is going to be OK. 
I would expect Evans round 2 at this point. You’d think AB could cover for him next week, he looked awesome today. 

Rick Stroud
@NFLSTROUD
·
37s
#GoBucs WR Mike Evans was running at practice during the portion open to the media. CB Carlton Davis also is back.

I thought it would be an ugly game, Bucs were up 28-16 at one point, they were ahead 18-7 at Halftime, they got pushed a little when the FT cut it 18-16 it was looking dicey. 

Bucs have nobody to apologize for. 

Does the 3rd domino fall in an unlikely scenario that will see the Bucs host the Rams next week and send the Bears to Green Bay? We are going to find out around 4:30 today when the Bears play New Orleans. Usually when a RB does what Kamara did a week or two ago, it gets the attention majorly of the other team and they go overboard in selling out to stop one guy. I would make Brees beat me and still feel he isn't 100% from the ribs, etc...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea a home game next week would be excellent, but sheesh that Rams D is intense. Gotta beat 3 more good teams to take the trophy though, may as well start there. 

That said, I highly doubt the Bears win and we can beat the Saints. This offense is way better now than it was 7-8 weeks ago. 

The defense though..

Bucs fan really owe Mike Evans a thank you for gutting it out. I honestly think they wouldn't have won without him. 

Does anybody know if one city has had 3 teams make their respective championship game/series in one year? I figure some old-timey city such as Detroit did it in like 1933 or something but can’t think of anybody in modern times. 

Does anybody know if one city has had 3 teams make their respective championship game/series in one year? I figure some old-timey city such as Detroit did it in like 1933 or something but can’t think of anybody in modern times. 
If it is making finals, pretty sure Boston is in the running somewhere in last 20yrs :)

I don't know if you'd consider it "modern", but Baltimore did it in 1971 (or 1970, if you mark the seasons that way - the Orioles make them eligible either way):

1. Colts won the SB in '71 after the '70 season

2. The Bullets lost to the Bucks on the '71 finals after the '70/;71 season.

3. The Orioles made the WS in both 1970 (won) & 1971 (lost)

We've earned it.

NY in 2000: Giants, Yankees and Mets. Also, the Devils if you count them 

1986 Boston Celts Champs, Red Sox lost World Series and Patriots lost SB. 2004 honorable mention with world series and sb wins.

1986 Boston Celts Champs, Red Sox lost World Series and Patriots lost SB. 2004 honorable mention with world series and sb wins.
Not trying to nitpick but that Pats team was from the 85 season that played in the 86 super bowl. The Tampa teams would all come from the 2020 season 

Capella said:
Not trying to nitpick but that Pats team was from the 85 season that played in the 86 super bowl. The Tampa teams would all come from the 2020 season 
Yeah a little confusing to distinguish between calendar years when you have cross over in 3 of the big 4 sports. Fwiw, I remember 86 in particular since it was the year I got married and other than that it was a pretty good year (just kidding, I am still married now). So by that criteria it is 2021 right now so if you are including the Bucs you must be using the year the season started in? Hard to keep up with pandemic related season schedule changes; IE the NHL 2020-2021 season should be going on right now but its already over.

I would counter with the 2007 season where I am pretty sure the Red Sox won the world Series, the Patriots went 18-1 and lost (with a minute and a half left) in the SB and the Celtics won the world championship.

If Vea dominates I think we win. If not......
Mahomes not being able to step up from outside pressure will be big.  You have to expect Reid/Bienemy to protect these tackles as much as possible with screens and hitches.  Short/quick throws.  Secondary and LBs need to be sure tacklers. 

Mahomes not being able to step up from outside pressure will be big.  You have to expect Reid/Bienemy to protect these tackles as much as possible with screens and hitches.  Short/quick throws.  Secondary and LBs need to be sure tacklers. 
Yup he won’t be able to step straight up. I’ll take short/quick throws all day and night. Make them work for it. 

gump said:
Butterflies are starting, boys! Reality setting in that we are really in the Super Bowl in 2 days. 
Yea. Nerves are on high right now. I re-watched a lot of the games this week like a real loser. Hoping for the best. Thrilling season that I could have never expected. 

Lynch made the Hall. :thumbup:  
Wow. Congratulations to him. I didn't think he'd be one of the ones, frankly. I even thought Barber would go in over him. He struck me as a great safety, but some of the Hall candidates this year played ultra premium positions. I see Calvin Johnson and Drew Pearson also got in. So did Faneca. Who got snubbed? Torry Holt, I guess. Anyway, the class seemed flush with wide receivers and great offensive linemen and corners.

Wow. Congratulations to him. I didn't think he'd be one of the ones, frankly. I even thought Barber would go in over him. He struck me as a great safety, but some of the Hall candidates this year played ultra premium positions. I see Calvin Johnson and Drew Pearson also got in. So did Faneca. Who got snubbed? Torry Holt, I guess. Anyway, the class seemed flush with wide receivers and great offensive linemen and corners.
I always thought Lynch’s reputation slightly exceeded his plate but he was a great player and was going to get in eventually. 

That said, Ronde was far superior...

I always thought Lynch’s reputation slightly exceeded his plate but he was a great player and was going to get in eventually.

When people were doing the timdraft of greatest secondary players of all-time and people kept picking safeties, other than Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed, I was confused. Just not as hard of a position to play.

When people were doing the timdraft of greatest secondary players of all-time and people kept picking safeties, other than Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed, I was confused. Just not as hard of a position to play.
Definitely a position where you need the big-hitter rep. Or, did at least. Can’t really do that anymore. 

Definitely a position where you need the big-hitter rep. Or, did at least. Can’t really do that anymore. 
Dude, was literally just watching a breakdown of a Mahomes completion to Hill against the Bucs. They're playing cover 2. Hill beats the corner, who releases him to the safety. They pause the film. I'm like, "don't throw it, he'll get killed." Sure enough, Mahomes throws it to him, only the safety pulls up just a bit so that he doesn't get a penalty. Completion. Check it out.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1358175837707784193

eta* Well, he pulls up a little. Not that much. But if he was going 1990s full bore the whole way, he trucks Hill right there.

If we can get Ronde in, that’s be 4 levels of that legendary D in the Hall.

I'm scurred guys. And gosh darn it's a Brady SB so you know it's going to come down to a last 2 minute drive from one team. Idk if my heart is ready for tonight...

Yeah...I hate giving props to @Capellafor buying a championship but it works and I hope he's enjoying it to fullest.  
I know you're kidding, but they had the base there, though. Brady is of course the story, and he was a free agent rental that won't be there for the next build. But he went there because they were ready to win a Super Bowl with that supporting cast right away. Savvy all around. Kudos all around.

I know you're kidding, but they had the base there, though. Brady is of course the story, and he was a free agent rental that won't be there for the next build. But he went there because they were ready to win a Super Bowl with that supporting cast right away. Savvy all around. Kudos all around.
Nah...not blaming them for being smart, but they brought in the hired guns.  More franchises should follow this model.  

Congrats to all the diehards in the thread. Some lean years and you guys stuck by your team. Good stuff.
My wife reminded me tonight how I bought season tickets for us in 2017. She was 7 months pregnant opening day. She went along with me to the first two games but then her ankles were so swollen she couldn’t go again. We didn’t go again all year. There’s really no point to this except I have and will do dumb things for this team and tonight was extremely gratifying.  

My wife reminded me tonight how I bought season tickets for us in 2017. She was 7 months pregnant opening day. She went along with me to the first two games but then her ankles were so swollen she couldn’t go again. We didn’t go again all year. There’s really no point to this except I have and will do dumb things for this team and tonight was extremely gratifying.  
That's a cool story, and funny. I hope you were able to recoup some of the cash in re-selling them.

Users who are viewing this thread