Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Super Bowl Champs Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Legendary Tampa QB heads to mediocre northeastern team for week 4

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this, Boys and Girls, is how you manage a team with a small super bowl window. Maybe if the Packers realized you go all in when your window is closing, they would be holding the Lombardi Trophy.

The Bucs are the 1st team with four 30-point games in a postseason. They are the 1st team to beat 3 SB MVP QBs in a postseason (Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees) Tom Brady is the 1st player in NFL histor

Buccaneers are giving Shaq Barrett a four-year deal worth up $72 million that includes $36 million fully guaranteed, his agent @DrewJRosenhaus told ESPN       I truly don’t know anyth

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

I'd like to see them add interior offensive line.  Or a versatile tackle who could move inside.  There isn't much behind their starting 5, and the drop off from Cappa to Stinnie was evident. 

JPP is on the last year of his deal as well, and even assuming they will be re-signing Shaq now there's a need for depth at OLB/Edge.

Apparently the edge rusher class is pretty poor this year. If Shaq comes back, I don’t see the need myself. You’d have him for another 3-4 years and JPP looks like he can play forever. 

Sounds like there are some pretty capable space crushing dlineman available so I’d be ok with that. I am alwaaaaaays up for another olineman - I thought Stinnie held his own and is a capable backup. Sure he got beat a few times but he faced some excellent pass rushers, especially Chris Jones. But you can always use as many young oline as you can get. 

Also, and I hate taking a RB early but if everybody is back there aren’t any holes - give me Harris from Bama if he’s there. I think they trade down to the late 30s though. 

Edited by Capella

As discussed yesterday, Brady’s deal comes with a $24 million cap hit once his extension is completed and dummy years voided. Of course, that’s only if he doesn’t sign a new contract. They can keep pushing that cap hit into the future with another contract, but once he calls it a day they will have to take the cap hit. 

LINK

And by then Tampa fans won’t really care. 

On 9/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, Anarchy99 said:

I will always love me some Brady. But the Bucs are starting to remind me of the Browns. Tons of talent on offense. If this were 2007 Brady, he could have posted the same numbers as he did that year in NE. But I don’t think he is close to that anymore. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that TB12 will get absolutely crushed by a missed block or a blitz and may not get up In one piece and that could be the last we get to see of Tom. 

Instead of endlessly discussing Brady’s contract let’s discuss this. 

• Laughing 1

Adding someone to either line is fine with me. They’re pretty deep everywhere else. I’m sure the Chiefs wish they would have versus taking the RB. 

I think they’ll sign James White. I don’t see how they can trust Jones/Vaughn. Maybe Fournette wants to play on another 1 year deal? Maybe he has to. :shrug:

On 3/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, Capella said:

Shaq will be resigned tonight or tomorrow imo. 4/72

Buccaneers are giving Shaq Barrett a four-year deal worth up $72 million that includes $36 million fully guaranteed, his agent @DrewJRosenhaus told ESPN

:bowtie: 

I truly don’t know anything as well as I know the Bucs. My wife despises me for this. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Grahamburn said:

Nailed it.  Only $36M guaranteed too.  Another nice deal for the Bucs.  Apparently guys like Tampa Bay.

5.6 cap hit this year lol 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Great off-season. Everything is coming up roses. Will be interesting to see what they do in the draft with no immediate needs. I think I would be more surprised if they didn’t trade down from 32 than if they kept it. 

It’s pretty wild reading all the loathing comments in other threads here from people about their teams and how we were just in that position and now everything is great. Love it. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Capella said:

Great off-season. Everything is coming up roses. Will be interesting to see what they do in the draft with no immediate needs. I think I would be more surprised if they didn’t trade down from 32 than if they kept it. 

It’s pretty wild reading all the loathing comments in other threads here from people about their teams and how we were just in that position and now everything is great. Love it. 

32-64-95? Something like that but I am on board trading down and adding picks. I sound like a stooge but "this draft is loaded" and I posted in the Phins thread that I don't see a difference in WRs let's say in the top of the 1st vs middle of the 2nd. Now some might say I'm nuts and that would not really be news around here BUT I like a lot of the guys ranked at their positions that are not 1st or 2nd and have to be grabbed in the first 5 or 10 picks of the draft. Elijah Moore is going to be so good for whoever gets him and I assure you he will be there in the 2nd Round for a lot of teams who pass on him. And meanwhile I would bet money based on history that Chase, Waddle and Smith don't all pan out and some team is going to burn a Top-10 pick on a WR and get left with a warm feeling. 

Back on topic, I like the Bucs trading down and also not afraid to pull the trigger on a 2022 pick if they need to package something like 95 and a '22 2nd/3rd to grab another spot in the Top 50-75 picks this year because of the depth and the guys you can load up on in the 2nd Round. One of the best things though is the Bucs don't really have a huge need at the moment and they don't have to push anything and can trade back like you say and add more picks so they can replenish with more rookie contracts to add quality senior leadership with or as I like to refer to it, The Brady Way. Whatever Tom says, that's what we're doing. 😂. The Publix SB Bucs Balloon, the Big One...that balloon is still full of helium in my living room and if you believe such nonsense like I do, the band is coming back and that balloon ain't deflating anytime soon apparently.

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Like 1
On 3/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, Ministry of Pain said:

32-64-95? Something like that but I am on board trading down and adding picks. I sound like a stooge but "this draft is loaded" and I posted in the Phins thread that I don't see a difference in WRs let's say in the top of the 1st vs middle of the 2nd. Now some might say I'm nuts and that would not really be news around here BUT I like a lot of the guys ranked at their positions that are not 1st or 2nd and have to be grabbed in the first 5 or 10 picks of the draft. Elijah Moore is going to be so good for whoever gets him and I assure you he will be there in the 2nd Round for a lot of teams who pass on him. And meanwhile I would bet money based on history that Chase, Waddle and Smith don't all pan out and some team is going to burn a Top-10 pick on a WR and get left with a warm feeling. 

Back on topic, I like the Bucs trading down and also not afraid to pull the trigger on a 2022 pick if they need to package something like 95 and a '22 2nd/3rd to grab another spot in the Top 50-75 picks this year because of the depth and the guys you can load up on in the 2nd Round. One of the best things though is the Bucs don't really have a huge need at the moment and they don't have to push anything and can trade back like you say and add more picks so they can replenish with more rookie contracts to add quality senior leadership with or as I like to refer to it, The Brady Way. Whatever Tom says, that's what we're doing. 😂. The Publix SB Bucs Balloon, the Big One...that balloon is still full of helium in my living room and if you believe such nonsense like I do, the band is coming back and that balloon ain't deflating anytime soon apparently.

Looolll I didn’t want to throw mine away too so I pushed the air out of it and tossed it into my closet. Loser. 

Yea the Bucs could trade up or down or take best available. Nice position to be in. I would love Najee Harris though if he’s there at 32. Seems dumb to draft a back but if you give Brady a rb with reliable hands in this offense...sheesh. 

• Like 1

Donovan Smith restructured and in what amounted to a corresponding move the Bucs re-signed Suh. 

I know they’re just bringing back their own guys, but in a vacuum they’ve had by far the best free agency period of any team. 

• Like 1

The Buccaneers are set to return all 22 starters from the 2020 Super Bowl season.

Last team to return Week 1 starters of Super Bowl season: 1979 Steelers (repeated as SB Champs).

Last team to return Super Bowl starters: 1977 Raiders (reached AFC title game).

————-

unbelievable 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Capella changed the title to 2020 (and beyond) Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Super Bowl Champs, entire team back (literally), still doesn’t seem real
10 hours ago, Capella said:

The Buccaneers are set to return all 22 starters from the 2020 Super Bowl season.

Last team to return Week 1 starters of Super Bowl season: 1979 Steelers (repeated as SB Champs).

————-

unbelievable 

Where does Ronald Jones factor in? OJ Howard? Ty Johnson? They could actually get better and likely will

Has anyone even looked at some of the players the Bucs might be able to grab at 32-64-95? They really haven't sacrificed much in future picks, they can let the Draft come to them but I see an impact player at 32, several they can take if they want to ease any salary cap concerns in a year or two. 

Bucs really don't need another WR but Elijah Moore is a 1st Rd Grade WR if you ask me. It's absolute candy but why not? The ones the Bucs have now are expensive. They are worth it but they cost a lot. 

Zaven Collins/Jabril Cox, like to see a new LB in the mix long term but not that essential. 

If Trevon Moehrig falls and he might, Bucs don't need him but he's gonna be a major impact Safety in the NFL. 

Dillon Radunz-Tackle/OL NDSU, if you haven't heard of him, he's excellent and flying up the boards right now. 

Mac Jones? Just asking 😆

13 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Where does Ronald Jones factor in? OJ Howard? Ty Johnson? They could actually get better and likely will

RoJo will split with Lenny but can’t block or catch. OJ will be the #1 pass catching tight end and will play a lot. TBD on Tyler but I’m a fan. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Has anyone even looked at some of the players the Bucs might be able to grab at 32-64-95? They really haven't sacrificed much in future picks, they can let the Draft come to them but I see an impact player at 32, several they can take if they want to ease any salary cap concerns in a year or two. 

Bucs really don't need another WR but Elijah Moore is a 1st Rd Grade WR if you ask me. It's absolute candy but why not? The ones the Bucs have now are expensive. They are worth it but they cost a lot. 

Zaven Collins/Jabril Cox, like to see a new LB in the mix long term but not that essential. 

If Trevon Moehrig falls and he might, Bucs don't need him but he's gonna be a major impact Safety in the NFL. 

Dillon Radunz-Tackle/OL NDSU, if you haven't heard of him, he's excellent and flying up the boards right now. 

Mac Jones? Just asking 😆

Definitely not a QB lol. I think they take an offensive or defensive lineman early. 

I don’t know how many rosters spots they’ll have for rookies (not many) so a trade using 4-6th round picks to move up to get someone they like or move into 2022 draft wouldn’t shock me at all too. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Capella said:

RoJo will split with Lenny but can’t block or catch. OJ will be the #1 pass catching tight end and will play a lot. TBD on Tyler but I’m a fan. 

You’d love to see OJ stay healthy for a full year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard signing is perfect. I expect them to take OL or DL depth in the draft now. Maybe an edge rusher if one of the two good ones gets to them. 

Got my season tickets today. Crazy to think I’ll be at the Thursday night league opener with a new banner going up and Tom Brady at QB. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Green Bay is a team you take seriously when you are trying to figure out the NFC, quite frankly nobody in the NFC East will be anywhere close to the Bucs and I don't see the Saints, Panthers or Falcons being able to compete for the Division let alone make a deep playoff run. The NFC West is not as good as some think, AZ, SF and Seattle are not that good. The Rams are better but they are still not as good on defense as they were in the Super Bowl a couple years ago. 

Lions, Bears and Vikings? I'm just saying you run out of teams fast and the Packers with a disgruntled Aaron Rodgers is humorous right now. 

Tonight? 

I have a list of guys the Bucs can look at Pick #32, they also can trade that pick as it has a lot more value than pick #33 for contractual issues. Bucs could also move up if they found someone they would like to Draft that might not make it to them at 32. 

I understand what Antonio Brown brings to the team, I would like to introduce Elijah Moore who I think is in the same genre as an Antonio Brown, makes the tough catches, moves the sticks and has 4.35 speed. He is not the blazer that some fo the top 1st round talent has but he probably is the most polished WR coming out of the Draft and eventually the Bucs might not be able to pay all these WRs plus TEs, get someone with some skills ready to roll. Moore is someone I wish the Phins would draft so if not them, I would like to root for this guy in the NFL. 

Oweh from Penn State is interesting for an Edge rusher. Bucs are already loaded in the Secondary but I love Trevon Moerhig and think he will make any Defense just that much better. Bucs spend the least on DBs in the NFL and have done well drafting them last few seasons. 

Green Bay is a team you take seriously when you are trying to figure out the NFC, quite frankly nobody in the NFC East will be anywhere close to the Bucs and I don't see the Saints, Panthers or Falcons being able to compete for the Division let alone make a deep playoff run. The NFC West is not as good as some think, AZ, SF and Seattle are not that good. The Rams are better but they are still not as good on defense as they were in the Super Bowl a couple years ago. 

Lions, Bears and Vikings? I'm just saying you run out of teams fast and the Packers with a disgruntled Aaron Rodgers is humorous right now. 

Yea if Rodgers leaves the Bucs are extremely massive NFC favorites. Might be even if he stays and is disgruntled. 

Tonight? 

I have a list of guys the Bucs can look at Pick #32, they also can trade that pick as it has a lot more value than pick #33 for contractual issues. Bucs could also move up if they found someone they would like to Draft that might not make it to them at 32. 

I understand what Antonio Brown brings to the team, I would like to introduce Elijah Moore who I think is in the same genre as an Antonio Brown, makes the tough catches, moves the sticks and has 4.35 speed. He is not the blazer that some fo the top 1st round talent has but he probably is the most polished WR coming out of the Draft and eventually the Bucs might not be able to pay all these WRs plus TEs, get someone with some skills ready to roll. Moore is someone I wish the Phins would draft so if not them, I would like to root for this guy in the NFL. 

Oweh from Penn State is interesting for an Edge rusher. Bucs are already loaded in the Secondary but I love Trevon Moerhig and think he will make any Defense just that much better. Bucs spend the least on DBs in the NFL and have done well drafting them last few seasons. 

A guy who does rankings I respect (Brugler at the athletic) had Tryon as the #32 prospect so that worked out nicely. Seems like a guy who can play occasional snaps this year to give Shaq and JPP some plays off and be ready to roll more in 2022. 

Fun draft party last night. Kid had a blast running on the field at full speed for 30 minutes straight. Wish I had that kind of energy. 

• Like 1

Pick 64 and Pick 95...

OL-I believe the Bucs are paying like $25M to the LT and Center, money well spent with tom Brady and a Lombardi Trophy. But to keep this thing rolling along for a couple more years which I think they can do, much like how they save money with outstanding Secondary guys on rookie deals, they need to think about where they will be at at some point in the next couple years. The Draft has some good value along the OL and I just point to guys like Walker Little from Stanford, has the skills to be a Left Tackle potentially. Brady Christensen fro BYU I believe, also has upside. 

Lance Dickerson is out there and could fall to the end of the 2nd. 

RB-Kenneth Gainwell, RB from Memphis, some see him more as a 3rd down back but I think he can do it all and would be an extra set of hands for Brady in passing situations, think he could do well for the Bucs. 

Pick 95, there should be some value at DT, Marvin WIlson from FSU, Osa from UCLA, 

QB-LT-WR-Edge-CB, those seem to be the 5 most important positions on the field these days, the Bucs look pretty good in all those departments at the moment, there's not much they can do wrong, like the Tryon pick last night. 

• Like 1

I liked Tryon last night, Nick Bolton at LB would make a nice addition into that F7/F6 that the Bucs run their Defense thru. Bolton is a tackling machine and learning behind David, that would be a great eventual replacement IMHO. 

Still some picks away but that's a name I would like to see called to go with Tryon. I could see an OL name called as well. Mayfield from Michigan is still sitting out there.

Dyami Brown at WR if they want to get frisky but there really isn't the room to develop him quickly in Tampa. 

For any of you not in the know on Bolton, he was an SEC standout at LB and probably had like the most tackles of anyone in the best conference, not the fastest, not the strongest, but he gets guys on the ground. 

Anyone the Bucs take will do well going to a loaded team. 

• Like 1
On 3/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Ministry of Pain said:

Has anyone even looked at some of the players the Bucs might be able to grab at 32-64-95?

Mac Jones? Just asking 😆

64-Kyle Trask...he's better than folks think IMHO. 2-3 years behind Brady, this can't hurt Sir Tom's feelings. 

I didn’t like the Trask pick at all. I just don’t think he’s very good and he’s completely immobile. Not going to criticize this front office, I just didn’t like it. Hopefully he ends up being capable. 

Apparently the third round OL is very good so that takes a little bit of starch out of the Trask pick. I wanted OL in round 2. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Capella said:

I didn’t like the Trask pick at all. I just don’t think he’s very good and he’s completely immobile. Not going to criticize this front office, I just didn’t like it. Hopefully he ends up being capable. 

Apparently the third round OL is very good so that takes a little bit of starch out of the Trask pick. I wanted OL in round 2. 

if you didn't like the Trask pick, this article is only going to upset you more.

ILB, KJ Britt :thumbup:

Terrific Door #2 prize for not snagging Nick Bolton, good value. 

He cannot cover or go sideline to sideline, he can still tackle like hell up the middle when teams want to try keep away from the Bucs. Might not even make the team but I like this selection ore than a couple others so far. 

Tryon, Britt, smart

• Like 1

Man if Rodgers leaves Green Bay are there any legit challengers in the NFC other than whomever the best team in the West is?

East - don’t see a team capable of the super bowl 

North - same, if AR leaves. 

South - New Orleans will be ok but not likely SB caliber 

West - San Fran has a good team but may be breaking in a QB. Seattle is good but meh. Rams likely the biggest threat. 

22 minutes ago, Capella said:

Man if Rodgers leaves Green Bay are there any legit challengers in the NFC other than whomever the best team in the West is?

West - San Fran has a good team but may be breaking in a QB. Seattle is good but meh. Rams likely the biggest threat. 

You better believe Washington would be contenders with Rodgers. We gave the Bucs all they could handle with a 3rd string QB that played like 50 snaps ever last year. Our defense is better and we have a lot more weapons on offense. Add Rodgers and we're smacking around the Bucs like a red headed step child. ;) 

4 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

You better believe Washington would be contenders with Rodgers. We gave the Bucs all they could handle with a 3rd string QB that played like 50 snaps ever last year. Our defense is better and we have a lot more weapons on offense. Add Rodgers and we're smacking around the Bucs like a red headed step child. ;) 

Lol well if AR went to the NFC that would change my thoughts. Any legit team like DC that adds him would be a threat. I just assumed Green Bay wouldn’t do that and would ship him to Denver/Oakland. 

Bucs also didn’t have Devin White that playoff game. Better believe he would have sniffed out those QB runs better than the backup linebacker did. 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:54 AM, Capella said:

————-

unbelievable 

If they return the entire offensive and defensive lines from 2020, look out NFL. Those lines were awesome through the entire playoffs.

Brady, Brady Brady, blah blah blah. Not arguing about how good he is but he's a lot less factor in their success than the OL and DL.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

If they return the entire offensive and defensive lines from 2020, look out NFL. Those lines were awesome through the entire playoffs.

Brady, Brady Brady, blah blah blah. Not arguing about how good he is but he's a lot less factor in their success than the OL and DL.

Yea when Vita Vea came back the front 7 was unstoppable. Made it way too easy for JPP and Shaq. 

• Laughing 1
13 hours ago, Capella said:

Agree 100%, it's like Brady shows up and they all just start running for higher ground, it's hard to understand since the NFC feels pretty wide open or at least has 1-2 maybe even 3 playoff spots totally up for grabs. 

The Bucs were 7-5 before they won 8 in a row...I think Rodgers and Green Bay had a similar record when they went on their Super Bowl run. 

22 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Be prepared to give up some of those defenders.

• Thinking 1
On 5/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, Ministry of Pain said:

if you didn't like the Trask pick, this article is only going to upset you more.

I didn't like the pick either.  All that article says is the front office really liked it.

23 hours ago, Capella said:

Atlanta's offense should be Top 5 in the NFL.  The Saints will still be solid especially if good Winston shows up.  The Cardinals could make a run.  SF is a legit threat in spite of the QB.  Rams, obviously.  Dallas with Dak back. 

Always seems to be a team or two that comes out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

Atlanta's offense should be Top 5 in the NFL.  The Saints will still be solid especially if good Winston shows up.  The Cardinals could make a run.  SF is a legit threat in spite of the QB.  Rams, obviously.  Dallas with Dak back. 

Always seems to be a team or two that comes out of nowhere.

Atlanta may have the worst defense in the league though. Same with Dallas. Neither will be serious contenders but they’ll be fun. 

Saints are the only one you mentioned I think could be good. Arizona is going 9-8 and SF has a mess at QB. Imo. 

On a lighter note Brady has purchased a 77 foot $7M Wajer yacht.  I guess he's getting prepped for next year's parade?

• Capella changed the title to Super Bowl Champs Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Legendary Tampa QB heads to mediocre northeastern team for week 4