What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Robinson, NE (1 Viewer)

Seems obvious Urban doesn't care for him. Drafted his replacement and even gave Hyde way more touches than needed. I am very concerned.

Seems obvious Urban doesn't care for him. Drafted his replacement and even gave Hyde way more touches than needed. I am very concerned.
Hyde got more touches when the game was completely out of reach. Otherwise, it was more Robinson than him. I'd be more worried about Duke Johnson on the practice squad, if I'm reading the right reports.

Team abandoned the run when they got behind. If that happens against the Texans, imagine what happens when they play a good team. I've been saying all offseason that Robinson's value last year was a big result of them still giving him touches when they were behind. If the new regime doesn't do that, Robinson managers are in trouble. 

Team abandoned the run when they got behind. If that happens against the Texans, imagine what happens when they play a good team. I've been saying all offseason that Robinson's value last year was a big result of them still giving him touches when they were behind. If the new regime doesn't do that, Robinson managers are in trouble. 
They had a run play or 2 called back by penalty, but officially in the box score they started the game with 12 straight passes!

Nothing, just that he was on the squad. I'd imagine he gets called up as a third-down guy sooner rather than later. That's my opinion. No insider knowledge.
I might take a flyer on him. I had ETN, with big hopes. Always felt Duke was underutilized at TX because Watson just always tucked it and ran versus hitting dump offs. Might be a good fit as Jax likely to play from behind ALOT this year and rookie QB

I started Robinson, Zeke, and Ekler…….

Not what I expected at all.

The lack of touches is what I’m concerned about most.

I keep telling myself it is just week 1, it is just week 1…it is just….

I started Robinson, Zeke, and Ekler…….

Not what I expected at all.

The lack of touches is what I’m concerned about most.

I keep telling myself it is just week 1, it is just week 1…it is just….
Oh and I had Rodgers too.

It’s only week 1, it’s only …

5 carries, LOL.  Those who thought he would get the 2020 workload in 2021 with this coach, well, you have to re-think this.

5 carries, LOL.  Those who thought he would get the 2020 workload in 2021 with this coach, well, you have to re-think this.
With the amount of offensive holding calls (thus putting them in long distance situations) on the Jags and with the Jags falling behind relatively early, that definitely played into the low amount of carries.

With the amount of offensive holding calls (thus putting them in long distance situations) on the Jags and with the Jags falling behind relatively early, that definitely played into the low amount of carries.
definitely surprising seeing Hyde out carry him 2:1.  

I don't know how this will shake out, but I do know Meyer was Hyde's college coach and may not be enamoured with Robinson.  I'm not saying he's going to ignore Robinson as much going forward, but I am saying the red flag has been planted.

definitely surprising seeing Hyde out carry him 2:1.  
Haven't looked up the numbers, but I'd bet that was almost entirely a function of garbage time.

Then again, as others have pointed out, Jags may find themselves in a lot of garbage time this year

Haven't looked up the numbers, but I'd bet that was almost entirely a function of garbage time.

Then again, as others have pointed out, Jags may find themselves in a lot of garbage time this year

without a doubt...the Texans s/b one of the game that they're competitive.  

NOT GREAT  BOB. Was excited for his stock boost, but man, this team looks inept, and coaching already looks like a huge problem. Urban might not last the year. 

NOT GREAT  BOB. Was excited for his stock boost, but man, this team looks inept, and coaching already looks like a huge problem. Urban might not last the year. 

it's a new offense and a concern would be that in a game where nearly the entire game was garbage time that he would only have 6 targets behind Chark (12), Jones (9), Shenault (9), O'Shuanessy (8)....let's not forget that this staff saw Robinson and what he did last year and went and got Etienne.  Etienne goes down and then you get week 1 usage like this...not a great endorsement IMO.

JAMES ROBINSON RB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

The Jaguars don't have a rushing attempt inside the opponent's 20 yard line this season. 

The Jaguars have breached the red zone once through Week 2. NFL teams have combined for 266 rushing attempts in the red zone through two weeks, according to ESPN's Mike Clay. A dozen teams have at least ten runs in the red zone. Jacksonville's dead-on-arrival offense has yet to attempt a single run inside the 20 -- one of the early season's most remarkable stats. James Robinson has out-rushed Carlos Hyde 16 to 11 through two weeks while taking on most of the pass-catching duties out of the backfield. Jacksonville's offense -- predictable and constantly trailing -- might not offer much in the way of running back production this year. Robinson is barely a flex option in 14-team leagues. 

RELATED: 

Carlos Hyde

SOURCE: Mike Clay on Twitter 

Sep 20, 2021, 10:03 AM ET

AZ

@Cinci 

Tennessee

Miami

Then they have a Week 7 Bye...Cards were in a shootout with Minnesota this past week, I do think they will allow Lawrence to move the ball some. Cinci is a team I am still trying to figure out and Burrow is still coming off injury and doesn't quite look right yet to me. Titans are one of those Down 1 week Up the next right now, and then Miami is not looking very good. 

I bet his numbers get better, seems like a buy low for the right person out there. 

He looked really good for most of this game. To be fair, AZ was playing the pass, but he also got a lot of garbage time dump offs at the end.

Carlos Hyde is a healthy scratch for tonight's game against the Bengals. Great news for Robinson.

Edit: saw a Twitter report that Hyde's "shoulder wasn't right" so maybe injury related, but I don't think Hyde was on any injury reports leading up to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to start him over Swift. Though I am not sure I like starting Thursday night players. Plus Campbell eluded to giving Swift more work. 

Nice first half for JRob. Sick run for a TD where he showed his true talent. 

Lawrence poaching goal line touches is not a good look though. Hopefully after that failed 2nd one Meyer wises up. Going to get the golden boy killed in there. Hand it to JRob down there and let him do his thing.

James Robinson rushed 18 times for 78 yards and two touchdowns in the Jaguars' Week 4 loss to the Bengals. 

Even with Carlos Hyde a surprise scratch with a shoulder issue, Robinson couldn't reach 20 carries for the first time in 2021, but his 18 totes were a new season high. He was doing yeoman's work, tacking on Capital T Tough yardage after first contact. That includes near the goal line, where he scored a six-yarder after a textbook plant-and-cut. He followed up with a four-yarder where he pile drove to the plane. Robinson was one of the main reasons the Jags almost snapped their 18-game losing streak. Regardless of Hyde's health, Robinson has taken back complete control of the Jags' backfield after coach Urban Meyer tried every other option first. He will be a locked-in RB2 for Week 5 vs. the Titans. 

Sep 30, 2021, 11:31 PM ET

Good night for JRob. Could have been even greater but he was undone by boneheaded play calling. Not a surprise the Jags have choked away leads in the last two games considering their play a calling. Robinson could have have 2 more tuddies, but was sniped by sneaks from Lawrence (first one worked, 2nd one was a failure and could have gotten him hurt).

With the very impressive nature of JRob’s TD runs you would hope they would call his number down there more going forward and scrap the Lawrence as Lamar nonsense. But this is Urban Meyer we are dealing with here so I won’t hold my breath.

Saw highlights. Wow did he look great on that side yard run. You'd think this doofus would run JRob into the ground this year since he's got his Golden child in waiting for next year but would not shock me is 18 is season high in carries. 

Regardless JRob is a top 10 real life back in the NFL I don't care what anyone says. Hope he lands on a contender somehow. 

Good night for JRob. Could have been even greater but he was undone by boneheaded play calling. Not a surprise the Jags have choked away leads in the last two games considering their play a calling. Robinson could have have 2 more tuddies, but was sniped by sneaks from Lawrence (first one worked, 2nd one was a failure and could have gotten him hurt).

With the very impressive nature of JRob’s TD runs you would hope they would call his number down there more going forward and scrap the Lawrence as Lamar nonsense. But this is Urban Meyer we are dealing with here so I won’t hold my breath.
Jacksonville pulled a Frank Reich last night and went away from what was working in the 1st half.

They ended up losing because of it......just like Indy. 

JRob is da man. Despite Urban's ineptitude, he has forced his way into extended playing time because he just flat produces.

After Old Hyde got stuffed on 4th and goal from the one to get them back in that game Sunday, I think we can expect to see JRob as the bell cow. Pay da man!

JRob is da man. Despite Urban's ineptitude, he has forced his way into extended playing time because he just flat produces.

After Old Hyde got stuffed on 4th and goal from the one to get them back in that game Sunday, I think we can expect to see JRob as the bell cow. Pay da man!
Bout time someone gave him a shout-out for his fantastic game Sunday.

Urb said this after the game:

Wants to rush for over 250 yards a game

James Robinson had 17 carries for 73 yards and a touchdown in Jacksonville's Week 6 win over Miami.

It's the fourth straight game with a touchdown for Robinson, who converted a goal-line carry after setting up the Jags at the one-yard line. Robinson rarely left the field, playing 86% of snaps, and caught 3-of-4 targets in the pass game for 28 yards. Coach Urban Meyer has finally started to feature Robinson, with the second-year back going over 100 total yards in three of the last four weeks. Robinson has matchups with Seattle, Buffalo, and Indy after Jacksonville's Week 7 bye.

Oct 17, 2021, 1:42 PM ET

So, bruised heel. Anyone see any updates or injury prognosticators weigh in on this yet?

Urban’s post game comments were of course very vague. Can’t say I remember any of my players having this injury before, so don’t know about typical recovery timeframes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, bruised heel. Anyone see any updates or injury prognosticators weigh in on this yet?

Urban’s post game comments were of course very vague. Can’t say I remember any of my players having this injury before, so don’t know about typical recovery timeframes.
"Bruised heel" doesn't sound all that bad, but of course it could mean a variety of things. I believe the in-game report was that it was his ankle, so I guess a heel is encouraging? :shrug:

I really struggle to see how a bruised heel keeps anyone out of a game. Hockey players play with much, much worse. 

Users who are viewing this thread