What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Raised by Wolves - New Ridley Scott HBO show (1 Viewer)

Zasada

Footballguy
Trailer

Science Fiction for me is like sex and pizza.  Even when it's bad, it's good.

Ridley did a piss poor job with the Alien prequels, but I'm still excited for this series.

First three episodes aired yesterday.  I'm going to hold-out for the whole series and binge-watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the season 1 finale next week, but there’s really nothing to do except set it up for season 2. This is one of those shows that I loved, but will have a hard time recommending to others. Great ride through season 1, but I don’t expect this to have broad appeal. 

I wanted to like this more than I do. It's *fine* and I'll finish it off, but I feel like Ridley Scott is mining similar territory as he has throughout his (scif-fi) career. Alien, Blade Runner, Prometheus; he keeps hitting on the same themes (religion added for this series.) Happy it exists but not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped.  

The season 1 finale is this Thursday.  I don't know anyone else who is watching this show, but I still think its fantastic.  Flawed in many ways for sure, and a few weaknesses in the plot/cast, but this is must-see stuff for Ridley Scott fans.  It hits all his common themes.  Yes, of course the androids bleed white mushroom soup smegma, profusely at times.

The season 1 finale is this Thursday.  I don't know anyone else who is watching this show, but I still think its fantastic.  Flawed in many ways for sure, and a few weaknesses in the plot/cast, but this is must-see stuff for Ridley Scott fans.  It hits all his common themes.  Yes, of course the androids bleed white mushroom soup smegma, profusely at times.
I like it but feel like much of ridleys work I doubt he is going to answer all if any of the main questions.  Which is infuriating sometimes

I like it but feel like much of ridleys work I doubt he is going to answer all if any of the main questions.  Which is infuriating sometimes
Agreed.  Season 2 is green-lit, so they're just setting it up at this point.  My main concern all along has been whether there is a full plan for the story or not.  Still a good ride so far imo but lots of open questions.

Just got through S1.

High-budget SciFi is like pizza and sex for me.  Even when it's bad, it's good.

I was hooked in the first and second episodes, but it went downhill from there.  Part of it is that I don't like the whole "leader is hearing voices and/or going insane" element that is used far too often.  

I find myself wanting to hear more about the Earth/war they abandoned than the planet they inhabit.  How did the war come about?  Why are the Atheists seemingly in the "rebellion" role, having to cobble-together tech/arms/soldiers?  How did the religious get so much power?  How did the religious build an interplanetary ship during a war?

Also I think I genuinely dislike every character on the show (including the children) except perhaps Father and Tempest.  The rest could go jump in one of the pits, as far as I care.  But I guess it's debatable if that's actually lethal.

Overall, I give Season 1 a "meh+".  Watchable, but it's not like I'm itching for Season 2.

Unexpectedly, I enjoyed "For All Mankind" more.  Last two episodes of S1 were gripping.

haven't caught a second of this, but still feel confident in stating that: Raised By >>> Dances With.

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it. Ending could've been much better. I thought it had a great look and an interesting story. Solid, not spectacular. I assume Travis Fimmel acts like Ragnar Lothbrok in real life. The weird Ragnar facial expressions he also used for Marcus was kinda distracting for me.

Update: I still have not watched the season finale of this show.  I said I liked it, that it is a "fantastic" show. I wanted to like it. But in the end, my actions speak louder than my words.

I actually forgot about this show.  That's how much I'm looking-forward to S2.

Got through both seasons of For All Mankind in the meantime, and it's much better.  And then The Expanse is light years ahead of that.

WOW! Shocked nobody likes this. Maybe it’s gets bad but I’m about 5 episodes in and it’s been great. I’m forcing myself to stop only cause I have a long day tomorrow. 

Looking forward to binging this

WOW! Shocked nobody likes this. Maybe it’s gets bad but I’m about 5 episodes in and it’s been great. I’m forcing myself to stop only cause I have a long day tomorrow. 

Looking forward to binging this

I loved it, posted about it in the netflix thread I think...didn't realize there was a separate thread.   Best Sci Fi series in recent memory, or at least among them.

I wish Ridley Scott would have been involved with the Foundation...that has been an atrocity.

Users who are viewing this thread