What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump Policies (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
Since most here are more political savvy than I am, I have a question. Of all the policies that have been passed since a Trump took office, which ones are ruining this country and should be repealed if he loses in November? Just a brief description of the policy and the negativity of it would be appreciated. 

There's going to be a lot of work to do. The first one that comes to mind because it is very recent is overturning the EO that suspends the payroll tax. That is a dangerous, absurd policy right now. It helps no one who is unemployed and serves as the gateway for de-funding Social Security. Last I checked plenty of Trump supporters receive SS and should be appalled at this policy which received little to no attention among all of his recent divisive nonsense.

Also, "don't underestimate yourself CJW, you're a tremendous slouch". - Ty Webb  :D

Trade war with China

Immigration (the obstacles put forth for legal immigration)

Tax Cuts (not a full repeal...but definitely the payroll tax most recently and the cuts that were set more permanent for the rich and bigger businesses)

Climate Change

Since most here are more political savvy than I am, I have a question. Of all the policies that have been passed since a Trump took office, which ones are ruining this country and should be repealed if he loses in November? Just a brief description of the policy and the negativity of it would be appreciated. 
Tangential to your policy question, but I look forward to removing his assigned heads of important agencies (and their terrible imo policies) that are going about gutting these agencies from within. 

Right now that's easy, though it's a long lineup we're in the middle of a crisis:

• Restore the NSC pandemic response team.
  • Fully use the funds allocated for the pandemic response.
  • Re-fund the FDA, NIH, CDC and HHS.
  • Restore the independence of those agencies.
  • Restore support for WHO.
I think restoring and strengthening the IG system, reinforcing the Vacancies Act, bolstering the Hatch Act, increasing whistleblower protections for federal employees, and providing better safeguards for political independence of the DOJ and penalties for violations of those are also paramount. I don't think we can get to proper policy making unless we restore agency independence. 

Restoring the INA to proper enforcement and execution is right there too.

Restoring DOJ oversight of city police departments.

Long list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of Trump's policy work has been on the regulatory side of things. Environmental policy is one of my biggest areas of interest, and the administration has been very active in that area. This isn't a comprehensive list, but here are some of the worst environmental policies that have been enacted since 2017 IMO:

Shrank Bear Ears National Monument and Grand Staircase Escalante to allow for mining, drilling, and grazing. Bear Ears was shrunk by 86% and Grand Staircase was reduced by 46%, the largest rollback of public land protections in US history.

Repealed the Methane and Waste Prevention Rule, which regulated the waste of natural gas from venting, flaring, and leaks during oil and natural gas production.

Rolled back the National Environmental Protection Act, eliminating the requirement for agencies to consider greenhouse gas emissions during environmental assessments.

Revised the Mercury and Air Toxic Standards, allowing for more air pollution than under previous rules.

Withdrew CAFE fuel economy standards, removing automakers' responsibility to improve fuel mileage in new cars and trucks.

Rolled back Refrigerant Management regulations, narrowing the class of refrigerants that are prohibited from being knowingly vented or released while repairing/disposing of appliances.

Halted implementation of the Accidental Chemical Release Prevention Rule, which was meant to improve safety at facilities that use hazardous chemicals. This rule was proposed in 2013 after the explosion at a Texas fertilizer facility.

Rescinded the Clean Fuels Grant Program, which assisted the development of clean energy technologies.

Repealed light bulb energy conservation standards, reducing the number of light bulbs subject to energy efficiency regulation

Rescinded the Clean Power Plan, which required coal-fired power plants to reduce carbon emissions.

Reversed a ban on chlorphyrifos, a pesticide that has been linked to brain damage in children and adults.

Scaled back Oil Well Control Rules, which set standards to prevent blowouts during oil drilling.

Withdrew Compensatory Mitigation component of the Endangered Species Act, which required developers to compensate for the impacts of their activities on public lands.

Rescinded greenhouse gas standards for the transmission and storage sectors, expected to increase methane emissions by 350k-370k tons and save the oil & gas industry $97MM-$123MM.

Repealed Greenhouse Gas Emissions Measures which required state departments of transportation to track and reduce carbon emissions on the national highway system.

Rescinded Oil and Gas Fracking Rules which required disclosure of chemicals and other details of fracking operations.

Permitted Oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, making the entire area available for oil and gas leasing

Most of Trump's policy work has been on the regulatory side of things. Environmental policy is one of my biggest areas of interest, and the administration has been very active in that area. This isn't a comprehensive list, but here are some of the worst environmental policies that have been enacted since 2017 IMO:

Shrank Bear Ears National Monument and Grand Staircase Escalante to allow for mining, drilling, and grazing. Bear Ears was shrunk by 86% and Grand Staircase was reduced by 46%, the largest rollback of public land protections in US history.

Repealed the Methane and Waste Prevention Rule, which regulated the waste of natural gas from venting, flaring, and leaks during oil and natural gas production.

Rolled back the National Environmental Protection Act, eliminating the requirement for agencies to consider greenhouse gas emissions during environmental assessments.

Revised the Mercury and Air Toxic Standards, allowing for more air pollution than under previous rules.

Withdrew CAFE fuel economy standards, removing automakers' responsibility to improve fuel mileage in new cars and trucks.

Rolled back Refrigerant Management regulations, narrowing the class of refrigerants that are prohibited from being knowingly vented or released while repairing/disposing of appliances.

Halted implementation of the Accidental Chemical Release Prevention Rule, which was meant to improve safety at facilities that use hazardous chemicals. This rule was proposed in 2013 after the explosion at a Texas fertilizer facility.

Rescinded the Clean Fuels Grant Program, which assisted the development of clean energy technologies.

Repealed light bulb energy conservation standards, reducing the number of light bulbs subject to energy efficiency regulation

Rescinded the Clean Power Plan, which required coal-fired power plants to reduce carbon emissions.

Reversed a ban on chlorphyrifos, a pesticide that has been linked to brain damage in children and adults.

Scaled back Oil Well Control Rules, which set standards to prevent blowouts during oil drilling.

Withdrew Compensatory Mitigation component of the Endangered Species Act, which required developers to compensate for the impacts of their activities on public lands.

Rescinded greenhouse gas standards for the transmission and storage sectors, expected to increase methane emissions by 350k-370k tons and save the oil & gas industry $97MM-$123MM.

Repealed Greenhouse Gas Emissions Measures which required state departments of transportation to track and reduce carbon emissions on the national highway system.

Rescinded Oil and Gas Fracking Rules which required disclosure of chemicals and other details of fracking operations.

Permitted Oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, making the entire area available for oil and gas leasing
Not sure I can take all this winning.

I am in oil and gas and work for a company that does both well control and fracking.

The scaling back of well control is not a big deal. It just means the data does not need to be streamed offsite. All of the other rules remain in place.

Disclosing fracking chemicals means that other countries and companies could steal formulations.

Anwar is not a big deal. I worked in the oilfield in Alaska and there is nothing near Anwar. It would be the ideal place to drill, however Anwar will never be drilled. With other technologies it is cheaper to get oil from other places. Alaska oil production has been in major decline since the fracking boom and that will only continue. Alaska is simply not price competitive and opening up anwar was a political stunt. It will be closed for drilling by the next democrat president whether that is this next year or in 5 years.

Sneegor said:
It is an extremely short list.  Trump policies are why he should get reelected.  If you have noticed Biden is not running on any policy changes it is just orange man bad.  Imagine running on raising taxes and implementing policies that will tank your 401k.  It is better strategically to just run anti-Trump which is what the Democrats are doing.
Its actually quite a long list if you are including EOs that will be overturned.

Also...your bolded is not supported in facts whatsoever.  And you immediately contradict the bold by then claiming he is running on raising taxes and implementing policies that will tank the 401K.  So which is it?  Running on no policy or running on bad policy?

Sneegor said:
It is an extremely short list.  Trump policies are why he should get reelected.  If you have noticed Biden is not running on any policy changes it is just orange man bad.  Imagine running on raising taxes and implementing policies that will tank your 401k.  It is better strategically to just run anti-Trump which is what the Democrats are doing.
ummmmm....which is it?  "not running on any policy changes" or "running on raising taxes and implementing polices that will tank your 401K"??  :lmao:   I'll just say this...in terms of fiscal policy, Biden was part of an administration that increased my 401K over 250% during their tenure.  If they want to return to that policy, I am selfishly good with that.  

Users who are viewing this thread