What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is your guy this year? Must have, reach for player (1 Viewer)

DJ Chark and McLaurin already reached for in dynasty.

Redraft? I don't even know.  Chark, probably, still. Just reached for him mightily in one league. McLaurin and the Redskins worry me right now with all the tumult.

eta* reached for McLaurin in the league I reached for Chark in. I'm a believer in their talent, both what my eye can see and in their times/measurements and in their pedigree, which is outstanding for both, even if they both didn't dominate like one would hope at their respective schools. 

The FF community is coming around on Chark. They've not fully jumped the shark on McLaurin, constantly lauding him in articles but sort of burying him in projections.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the early rounds: Calvin Ridley, I think he's this years Chris Godwin. Honorable mention for TY Hilton, who is seemingly being valued at his floor right now. Hilton could see 150 targets, and he's got a big QB upgrade. a top-15 lock if he can stay healthy. 

In the later rounds: It was Antonio Gibson, but I don't see him going later on anymore. So I'll pivot to Brandin Cooks. I see no reason why he can't get back to being his top-20 self. Will Fuller gets the hype, but he has never put it together before. Cooks was a WR2 every year until getting hurt last year. 

My redraft league is 14 teams,  so I am going to do anything I can to get Kelce or Kittle.  Actually I'd feel the same for 12 teams. 

Here are guys I'm taking a round early in redrafts.

AJ Brown 

Jonathan Taylor 

JK Dobbins 

A. Mattison

Roethlisberger

Cee Dee Lamb

Here are guys I'm taking a round early in redrafts.

AJ Brown 

Jonathan Taylor 

JK Dobbins 

A. Mattison

Roethlisberger

Cee Dee Lamb
I am with you on all except for Roeth.  In the drafts I have done, he has fallen.  He even went *undrafted* in 12-team/15-player roster (qb-5 flex-k-def start). 

Mostert seemed to be the guy I had rated higher than others.  When I drafted him in one league there was a lot of questioning it...though, took him as the 18th RB off the board as this league always goes very heavy RB the first 2 rounds and being at 9 I snagged Michael Thomas-Jacobs  in 1-2.  Then Mostert at the end of the 3rd (ahead of Gurley who I took in the 4th anyway, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson...)

Felt it was the right spot and don't think its a huge reach but the rest of the league wasn't so sure.  Also using draft dominator vs others pulling from other sites.  Felt quite good about my drat.

Id say my other was Ridley who I was willing to reach for but didn't need to and got him...which produced a curse word from the guy drafting right behind me.

And seems I have Gurley in both leagues as well.  But neither time felt he was any reach.

I was planning on teaching for Mostert at 4.10

Ended up having a WR fall to me I needed, with 3 RB on the board. 

Took a chance & Mostert made it back at 5.03, so no reach required. Yay’ :pickle:

Figured I would name one not yet mentioned - Keenan Allen

2020 - current ADP according to FGB is WR21
2019 - WR6
2018 - WR12
2017 - WR3

I know Rivers has moved on, but does that mean Keenan's targets are gonna dry up?  Ekeler and Henry will get theirs, and Mike Williams is already dinged.
Quick - name LAC's WR3 without looking...

2019 - WR6
2018 - WR12
2017 - WR3

I know Rivers has moved on, but does that mean Keenan's targets are gonna dry up?  Ekeler and Henry will get theirs, and Mike Williams is already dinged.
I've been thinking about him, and what he'll do without Rivers......but yea, someone's gotta catch the ball there.  Seems like a value pick and definitely shouldn't have to reach for him.

2019 - WR6
2018 - WR12
2017 - WR3

I have been disappointed by him way too many years… But hey, more for you. 👍🏼

Mostert seemed to be the guy I had rated higher than others.  When I drafted him in one league there was a lot of questioning it...though, took him as the 18th RB off the board as this league always goes very heavy RB the first 2 rounds and being at 9 I snagged Michael Thomas-Jacobs  in 1-2.  Then Mostert at the end of the 3rd (ahead of Gurley who I took in the 4th anyway, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson...)

Felt it was the right spot and don't think its a huge reach but the rest of the league wasn't so sure.  Also using draft dominator vs others pulling from other sites.  Felt quite good about my drat.

Id say my other was Ridley who I was willing to reach for but didn't need to and got him...which produced a curse word from the guy drafting right behind me.

And seems I have Gurley in both leagues as well.  But neither time felt he was any reach.
Not worried about McKinnon getting touches?

I am with you on all except for Roeth.  In the drafts I have done, he has fallen.  He even went *undrafted* in 12-team/15-player roster (qb-5 flex-k-def start). 
I'm just saying a full round or two ahead of ADP, which as you mentioned isn't that high.  He could finish top 5 in QB scoring per my projections.

Agree fully.   

The G.O.A.T is going to lead a lot of FF Teams to championships.   He has arguably the best ensemble of offensive weapons that he's ever had.  Brady also gets the benefit of a pass-happy Bruce Arians offense.  This is an offense where Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards and 33 TDs (with 30 picks too LOL).   Brady won't have Belichick shifting the offense into a run-heavy format during the 2nd half of the season.  And equally important there will be no weather concerns for Brady during the stretch run and FF playoff time.   

And you can get him in the 9th round of a 12-team league. 

I was planning on teaching for Mostert at 4.10

Ended up having a WR fall to me I needed, with 3 RB on the board. 

Took a chance & Mostert made it back at 5.03, so no reach required. Yay’ :pickle:
I have been disappointed by him way too many years...   ;)

Agree fully.   

The G.O.A.T is going to lead a lot of FF Teams to championships.   He has arguably the best ensemble of offensive weapons that he's ever had.  Brady also gets the benefit of a pass-happy Bruce Arians offense.  This is an offense where Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards and 33 TDs (with 30 picks too LOL).   Brady won't have Belichick shifting the offense into a run-heavy format during the 2nd half of the season.  And equally important there will be no weather concerns for Brady during the stretch run and FF playoff time.   

And you can get him in the 9th round of a 12-team league. 
Good points. I don't think he'll be great on downfield throws. But he has Evans and Gronk to help out on jump balls. 

I have been disappointed by him way too many years...   ;)
Yeah well, the Niners will run a lot. He’s their lead dog. Feels like. Good year to ya him as a RB3/flex.

And Allen’s 0 catch hip pointer cost me an LCG, so....

Users who are viewing this thread