Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

DD Online (DDO) doesn't work for my Hybrid drafts so I've used DD Classic (DDC) forever. This year we're adding .5 PPR and I compared the DDO & DDC rankings and they're SO DIFFERENT! I get that Simon touts the advanced algorithms in DDO but how can they be so off from DDC?

In DDC, VBD Baseline...which do you prefer that produces the best rankings pre-draft? Joe's Secret Formula. Worst Starter Method. User Configurable by POS Rank. In conjunction with that, what FBG Expert % do you use in PD to import with the above Method? Historically in here I seem to remember it's been said: Dodds 40%, Tremblay 30%, Wood 30%.

Which yields the most realistic projections?

Johnny Rock - replying here do that others can see.

I continually reviewed my drafts over the years - looking at what worked, where I got burned and what works well.  I've tweaked my procedures and come up with a number of resources over the years to help with my process.

The key for me is creating a customer ADP based on the past three years drafts - I can import it into DD AND (very important) I use it to calculate my own baselines. 

I use an EXCEL file called Draft_log that someone posted years ago.  I have data in that thing going back 10+ years.  It captures your draft, provides the order of picks, how many of each position are chosen each round and an accumulation by each round.

I import the previous years draft data into the DraftLog and get the accumulated totals and output of the draft in a column (RB, RB, RB, WR, RB, WR,...and so on.)  

I have another program someone came up with about 6 years ago called the Planarizer.  I take 3 years worth of the draft order (RB, RB,...etc), put it in there and it spits out an  ‘Average ADP”.  the last8 picks get a little wonky because it's so random by then.

I take that output and put it back into the Draftlog and it shows the accumulation by round.  For my 12 round league I use the 7th round for Baselines for this year (8th in my 10 team league).  I then compare it against the baselines I used for the previous years to see how it compares.  For the end of the draft I adjust the baseline a little bit to ensure the total RB's. WR's, TE's, QB,s DE' and PK's are consistent against last 3 years.  The order isn't as important as the totals.  I jot those down.  After I reach the 7th round in my draft I adjust the baselines in DD to match those of the final draft numbers.

From that tweak to the final total baselines, now have a custom ADP and I also save that as ADP_User.csv for DD.  It seems like a little work, but it's pretty straightforward if you have familiarity with EXCEL.

Make sure if you are using Projections Dominator and/or ADP_USER that you follow this order:

Import any notes from the VBD App.

Insert Baselines into DD.

Update Projections in DD.

Update Projections in PD.  I personally use 30% Dodds, 30% Henry, 20% Tremblay and 20% Wood.

Import PD into DD.

Import ADP_USER. 

(Ensure ‘Draft Others by ADP’ is checked if you’re using ADP_USER and that it’s off if you are not.)

Modify and Projections you make to move someone up or down.

Here are a couple of other things I do.  Export the playerpool with notes into EXCEL and highlight specific players I want to grab or avoid and print that out.  Having all of the players on a cheatsheet allows me to see the bigger picture. I try to align it with the ADP file from DD to identify opportunities.  For example James Conner is currently ranked 21 in my sheet (RB16) but it looks like he's going about #33 in MFL.  I I might be able to grab him late in the 3rd, rather then end of the 2nd.  Finally I also print out the DD Cheat sheets that shows all of the players in tiers.  This is key for using the best value pick window.  With your ADP_USER file the BVP window will show the number of picks until your next pick.  You can look at the DVBD, compare it to your tiers and decide if that's the pick you really want to make - especially if you have similar values.  Most of the files I referenced can be found here:  https://sites.google.com/site/gobears84fbg/home

Good luck.  PM me if you have other questions.