What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB DeeJay Dallas, ARZ (1 Viewer)

The Seattle Times reports fourth-round rookie DeeJay Dallas' pass-catching ability has shown up in practice. 

Longtime beat writer Bob Condotta believes Dallas "could get some significant snaps in the two-minute/third-down back role." Carries, of course, will likely be in short supply. Even in PPR, Dallas is not looking like a rookie re-draft consideration. 

SOURCE: Seattle Times 

Aug 27, 2020, 4:37 PM ET

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said fourth-round RB DeeJay Dallas "has made a really good first impression."

"He’s very versatile, he catches the ball well, he runs well, runs routes real well," Carroll continued,"has a background of running routes as a receiver, has a quarterback background going back to high school. He’s got a real versatility to him." Dallas (5'10/217) was recruited to Miami for his versatility as a running back, quarterback, and receiver but only totaled 293 collegiate touches as he was never entrusted as a three-down back. Fortunately, Dallas' excellent hands (one drop in his career) remains the one trait the rest of Seattle's backfield lacks. The rookie will garner immediate playing time in place of Rashaad Penny (PUP) if he can win the team's third-down role.

SOURCE: Liz Mathews on Twitter

Aug 14, 2020, 8:43 AM ET

Carroll praises everyone, but I think Dallas is flying way under the radar.

The path to playing time this year is tough with both Carson and Hyde (and maybe even Penny) ahead of him, but next year Carson and Hyde could walk as free agents.

Carroll praises everyone, but I think Dallas is flying way under the radar.

The path to playing time this year is tough with both Carson and Hyde (and maybe even Penny) ahead of him, but next year Carson and Hyde could walk as free agents.
I am able to hold him on my taxi squad for the year. I wasn't initially thrilled with the pick in the fourth round of my rookie draft but I feel with the scenario you described along with news of having a positive camp, maybe there is something here.

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar believes DeeJay Dallas could see a few snaps in Week 4 against the Dolphins.

Dallas was a healthy scratch the first two weeks. He made his debut on special teams in Week 3 but didn't play any offensive snaps. Dallas could have a role behind Travis Homer if Chris Carson (knee) or Carlos Hyde (shoulder) sits out this week.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Oct 2, 2020, 9:36 AM ET

What’s the story with this kid? He looked better than Homer this past week and Bloom has him as a buy low/preemptive pickup—Carson won’t make it through the year and Hyde has a shoulder issue, so maybe he gets some looks 

What’s the story with this kid? He looked better than Homer this past week and Bloom has him as a buy low/preemptive pickup—Carson won’t make it through the year and Hyde has a shoulder issue, so maybe he gets some looks 
Still a bit early in redraft I think unless your rosters are really deep. I’m starting to get excited for his pending opportunity though in dynasty for the reasons you listed.

Still a bit early in redraft I think unless your rosters are really deep. I’m starting to get excited for his pending opportunity though in dynasty for the reasons you listed.
Don't forget about Penny coming off the PUP potentially. But I own both in dynasty and am excited for one of them to become relevant.

I was offered Dallas for a mid-late 2021 3 and I’ve considered it. Penny’s return has me slightly hesitant, though we have no idea how Penny will look after such a significant injury. 

Dallas has a tough path ahead of him for fantasy relevance this year with a crowded backfield. But next year could be different if Carson is signed away - Hyde is on a one-year deal and probably won't be a factor either way. As mentioned above, Penny is the wildcard here depending on how he looks post-recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas is better suited for a team like San Fran, I watched him a lot at UM, very explosive player I felt never got to touch the ball enough. 

They did take him in the 4th round this year - not exactly a low pick these days for RBs - so they must have some plan in mind for him in the future. Whether that's a potential replacement for Carson, a situational role, or an ace special teams guy remains to be seen.

Of course, they also drafted him when Carson was still on the mend and Penny was assuredly out for the first half of the season, so who knows.

First loss shows Seahawks can't overcome all their flaws

Excerpt:

Depth at running back is suddenly a major concern. Starter Chris Carson (foot sprain) and backup Travis Homer (bruised knee) both suffered injuries in Sunday’s loss that have their availability for this week in question. Backup Carlos Hyde, who rushed for 68 yards and a TD filling in for Carson, also came out of the game with a tight hamstring and will need to be monitored this week, Carroll added. The only fully healthy running back appears to be rookie Deejay Dallas.

He whiffed on a blitz pickup and got Russ sacked pretty stiffly.  That's not great.
Agreed. He's got to get that fixed up before he gets any more playing time (other than out of necessity). He does look good with the ball in his hands though in the limited opportunities he's had it.

This is a tough spot for waiver setting tonight.

Currently have Hyde my #1 but that could change if new info becomes available.

And even if more info comes out that it's likely that Hyde is out is D. Dallas really going to be startable? Or will Wilson just throw the ball 60 times?

Whole situation could be just an avoid if Carson is to miss a week only.

This is a tough spot for waiver setting tonight.

Currently have Hyde my #1 but that could change if new info becomes available.

And even if more info comes out that it's likely that Hyde is out is D. Dallas really going to be startable? Or will Wilson just throw the ball 60 times?

Whole situation could be just an avoid if Carson is to miss a week only.
Seahawks RB Carlos Hyde is dealing with hamstring tightness and is uncertain to play Week 8 against the 49ers. 

Hyde joins Seattle's backfield injury report with Chris Carson, who's week to week with a mid-foot sprain, and Travis Homer, who has a bruised knee. That leaves rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy running back on the roster. Rashaad Penny is recovering from a knee injury and won't be available anytime soon. The Seahawks may be unable to bring in running back reinforcements in time to play the Niners, thanks to COVID-19 testing protocols for incoming players. Dallas could be the default workhorse back for Seattle in Week 8. He should be picked up in all leagues. 

RELATED: 

DeeJay Dallas

, Travis Homer

, Chris Carson

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 27, 2020, 9:38 AM ET
Don't know if you saw this but I just did so thought I'd post it for you.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1861/carlos-hyde

As we all know, volume is king in fantasy football. So with that in mind, is anyone rolling with DeeJay Dallas this week? 

Between injuries and byes, I have very few options at my flex. 

Reports now are suggesting Travis Homer is going to be available despite a knee contusion, but it looks like both Carson and Hyde will not be. 

I see a lot of people saying Homer is the play if he's not ruled out, but I've also noticed that Homer has not practiced at all this week while DeeJay Dallas is taking all first team reps. 

Anyone wanna gamble and say Dallas is going to be the workhorse while Homer is an emergency backup?

Why would DeeJay Dallas see volume?

He's more of a utility guy than a true RB and not anyone Seattle is planning for "Volume" 

Look his stats up at Miami 

You can see he is like 8-10 carry guy, not 20 carry guy. Guy never ran for 700 yards in a season while he was there. 

Hard Reality 

As we all know, volume is king in fantasy football. So with that in mind, is anyone rolling with DeeJay Dallas this week? 

Reports now are suggesting Travis Homer is going to be available despite a knee contusion, but it looks like both Carson and Hyde will not be. 

I see a lot of people saying Homer is the play if he's not ruled out, but I've also noticed that Homer has not practiced at all this week while DeeJay Dallas is taking all first team reps. 

Anyone wanna gamble and say Dallas is going to be the workhorse while Homer is an emergency backup?
I've been thinking all along if Homer is healthy enough, he'll get a ton of touches with DeeJay being a rookie and the talk of him struggling in some aspects.

Why would DeeJay Dallas see volume?

He's more of a utility guy than a true RB and not anyone Seattle is planning for "Volume" 

Look his stats up at Miami 

You can see he is like 8-10 carry guy, not 20 carry guy. Guy never ran for 700 yards in a season while he was there. 

Hard Reality 
If Dallas is the only healthy running back in the game for Seattle, are you suggesting that they will simply not run the ball more than 10 times then?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Dallas has somehow emerged as an amazing option, he is simply the last man standing.  As such, he very well may be given the opportunity.

The Seahawks are averaging ~25 carries a game.  If Carson, Hyde and Homer can't take ~15 of those, who gets them?

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1208257/seahawks-game-time-decisions-adams-carson-hyde/?

In the Seahawks’ backfield, while Carroll said “Homer’s coming back” in reference to No. 3 running back Travis Homer, starter Chris Carson (foot sprain) and backup Carlos Hyde (hamstring strain) are at risk of sitting out against San Francisco.

“We’re going to have to see how Chris’ foot is. We’re going all the way to game day on that one. It looks like Carlos (Hyde) has got a hamstring that might keep him from getting in there. So we’ve got some issues,” Carroll said.

I added Homer this AM

ahartig said:
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1208257/seahawks-game-time-decisions-adams-carson-hyde/?

In the Seahawks’ backfield, while Carroll said “Homer’s coming back” in reference to No. 3 running back Travis Homer, starter Chris Carson (foot sprain) and backup Carlos Hyde (hamstring strain) are at risk of sitting out against San Francisco.

“We’re going to have to see how Chris’ foot is. We’re going all the way to game day on that one. It looks like Carlos (Hyde) has got a hamstring that might keep him from getting in there. So we’ve got some issues,” Carroll said.

I added Homer this AM
homer is going to play 3rd downs only. if they are going to run dallas will be the back. neither option likely ot do much of anything against this defense that is stifling backs right now

homer is going to play 3rd downs only. if they are going to run dallas will be the back. neither option likely ot do much of anything against this defense that is stifling backs right now
I honestly know next to nothing about either back. Both are 5’10” and 205 to 215 range. Is homer more of a scat / third down back? I’m debating between homer and white as my RB2..... i know, disgusting options but DJ on bye and Chubb on IR is no bueno. Also have the Buffalo backfield tandem of Devin and Moss but the bills run game is nonexistent currently. 

He was not much to see but serviceable but in fantasy if your the starting RB for Seatlle and they really have no other backs active hes a must start. Difference between reality and fantasy. He's a backup at best reality, but easily double digits in fantasy. But if Carson or Hyde are back he's dropable .

He was not much to see but serviceable but in fantasy if your the starting RB for Seatlle and they really have no other backs active hes a must start. Difference between reality and fantasy. He's a backup at best reality, but easily double digits in fantasy. But if Carson or Hyde are back he's dropable .
Agree, I picked him up preemptively last week but probably missed the one shot at actually starting him unless Carson/Hyde both miss another game.   As far as rushing to waivers to get him.... if you have deep benches, go for it, but I wouldn't necessarily expect another repeat performance unless the stars are aligned again.

Agreed - he's going back to bench when one or both of Hyde or Carson return. I'm more interested in him dynasty-wise - seems like he can catch the ball well, but not sure about his running ability. He did get a lot of pre-season buzz and Carson and Hyde may not be around next year. If the big issue is his blocking liability, that can be coached up. 

Tough to gauge off this game against the SF defense.

Other than TDs, box score a bit meh. How did he look?
Not great but the niners D is solid, liked seeing him catch a few balls out of the backfield.   If I were seattle I'd play him over Hyde to see what we have here.

He looked quick before this week but I think he seemed to not have great foot speed.

Seahawks RB DeeJay Dallas played 79 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 8 against the 49ers. 

Dallas saw 18 of the 20 rushing attempts by Seattle running backs with Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde out. The rookie served as the team's pass catching back too, reeling in five of five targets for 17 yards and a touchdown. It's clear Dallas is the workhorse if both Hyde and Carson are out. Those who picked up Dallas last week should hold tight and watch the Seahawks' Week 9 practice report closely. 

RELATED: 

Carlos Hyde

, Chris Carson

SOURCE: John Boyle on Twitter

Nov 2, 2020, 10:29 AM ET

While he had a productive fantasy day with 2 TDs, he looked incredibly mediocre. 

He never got more yardage than was blocked, didn't display great vision, and wasn't able to make anyone miss. Like last week where he whiffed on a pass block that got Wilson hit, it appears he missed on a run call and went to pass block instead on the goal line.

He had 41 yards on 18 rushes and 17 yards on 5 receptions, so 23 touches and 59 yards. That accurately sums up how he looked.

Just wanna quote myself here. Hope some of you listened to me because I did not listen to myself and switched out Dallas for Mims at the last second (couldn't wait til the afternoon games if both Homer and Hyde weren't ruled out yet). 

While he had a productive fantasy day with 2 TDs, he looked incredibly mediocre. 

He never got more yardage than was blocked, didn't display great vision, and wasn't able to make anyone miss. Like last week where he whiffed on a pass block that got Wilson hit, it appears he missed on a run call and went to pass block instead on the goal line.

He had 41 yards on 18 rushes and 17 yards on 5 receptions, so 23 touches and 59 yards. That accurately sums up how he looked.
I can live with middling results and as a rookie, I'll give some leeway for first start jitters as an overall performance and yes that goalie play was rough.  I don't think he had good foot speed but he's still worth an add for volume because even banged up the niners D was still tough coming into that game

You're right. They should definitely go with the other guy. Oh wait...

I’ll take two incredibly mediocre TDs on my fantasy start any day.

Users who are viewing this thread