What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WHO'S YOUR #1 SLEEPER THIS YEAR? (1 Viewer)

Milkman

Footballguy
What's the one player you are most confident is being undervalued in FF and you're not leaving the draft without. 

Mine is Diontae Johnson. I think he has a chance to jump JuJu as the most targeted WR Pittsburgh this season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the one player you are most confident is being undervalued in FF and you're not leaving the draft without. 

Mine is Diontae Johnson. I think he has a chance to jump JuJu as the most targeted WR Pittsburgh this season. 
Diontae Johnson, never woulda guessed.

I’m getting excited about Joshua Kelley.  Darrell Williams a great chance to be a league winner.

Dan Arnold 😉

I like the JJAW call. He was pretty banged up last year and moved around a lot. If he fails this year then we can close the book on him.

Jarwin I like a lot too. Anyone paying attention knows how many targets are open in that offense and Jarwin doesn’t need a large percent to be fantasy relevant. 

Irv Smith too. Lots of opportunity there

Jonnu Smith - taking over for Delanie Walker in a TE friendly system. Very athletic and fast. Not the most prolific passing offense, but few viable targets outside of AJ Brown. 

I targeted Rodney Dangerf-er, Emmanuel Sanders hard - every mock I made sure I knew roughly the WR tier where to take him, I wrote down his name in sharpee on my notepad while I drafted, and added him to my shortlist. 

IDP, so ADP kinda goes out the window but got him as my WR6 super late. When I picked him everyone on our Zoom groaned & after the draft I had several offers starting with “i figure a 16th round pick is worth blah blah blah” - so even wanting him; they don’t wanna pay for him.  Yet. 

Brees is gonna love this dude. He’s not going to have a WR1-type career year, but he’s a reliable WR2 who runs clean routes and has sure hands. And he’s going to see just butter soft coverage with Thomas getting doubled, Kamara & Cook underneath & even Tre’Quan Smith to be accounted for. - I could see 75/800/6 for ESanders, and he’s a very late pick.

i don’t know why he’s not getting any respect in fantasy circles - I read one article after he signed that said “the saints don’t use their WR2” and I couldn’t help but think, “they haven’t had a capable one pretty much ever”. So chicken & the egg.

Manny Sanders is your 2020 steal of the draft. 

Rookie.....how many rookie WR's light it up?
More now than in the past for sure.

But JJAW didn’t just not light it up, he didn’t look good. There were reports of poor route running, not getting separation - they wanted to use him in RZ packages - there was talk here at the forums of bigtime TD upside. Eagles gave up on that early. 

They drafted JJAW to play right away. Big things were expected. Yet on 177 offensive snaps, JJAW was targeted 7 times. He caught 2 of those 7 (28.6%). Week 2 he played 75 snaps. 1 catch for 4 yards. 

It’s possible he could come along and break out - I’m not ready to say he’s a bust. But he wasn’t supposed to be a project. Dude was expected to be an NFL-ready  player. 

Dr Dan was super high on the kid. To the point I was convinced enough to make him a last-round draft pick. Not the worst pick I’ve ever made, but...

Jonnu Smith - taking over for Delanie Walker in a TE friendly system. Very athletic and fast. Not the most prolific passing offense, but few viable targets outside of AJ Brown. 
Please let this happen! I waited too long for TE so I went upside with Jonnu and Jarwin. 

I think Tennessee is gonna be really good. They play 6 of their first nine games at home. This could be a big advantage during this Covid year. It might take teams a while to figure out the best way to travel. Their home games aren't far away either. 

Cam Newton, he's Josh Allen with a higher ceiling, for half the price. Love him as a QB2 or QBBC guy.
If you waited on QB Cam is a no brainer. If he is healthy he will put up numbers like he always does. Josh mcdaniels was able to turn Tebow into a productive(sort of) QB. I'm putting him in until Daniel Jones gets past his first 4 brutal games. If they let him run he will have a nice floor. 

But JJAW didn’t just not light it up, he didn’t look good. There were reports of poor route running, not getting separation - they wanted to use him in RZ packages - there was talk here at the forums of bigtime TD upside. Eagles gave up on that early. 

They drafted JJAW to play right away. Big things were expected. Yet on 177 offensive snaps, JJAW was targeted 7 times. He caught 2 of those 7 (28.6%). Week 2 he played 75 snaps. 1 catch for 4 yards. 

It’s possible he could come along and break out - I’m not ready to say he’s a bust. But he wasn’t supposed to be a project. Dude was expected to be an NFL-ready  player. 

Dr Dan was super high on the kid. To the point I was convinced enough to make him a last-round draft pick. Not the worst pick I’ve ever made, but...
Funny because I remember reading articles last preseason that he wasn’t an immediate impact player.  Maybe I’m misremembering but so think the fact that he was forced into a starting role due to injury could have changed expectations of his owners fast.

Funny because I remember reading articles last preseason that he wasn’t an immediate impact player.  Maybe I’m misremembering but so think the fact that he was forced into a starting role due to injury could have changed expectations of his owners fast.
I dunno - he was hyped pretty good from draft day to opening day. I remember it pretty clearly. 

Again, maybe he has a year 2 bounce. He’s basically free, so no one is risking anything to find out. 

He was apparently not 100% healthy last season also.  I watched the kid in college quite a bit and I think it's too soon to write him off....and Reagor/Djax are speed guys.  But yea he's a deeeeep sleeper that needs to wake the F up!

He was apparently not 100% healthy last season also.  I watched the kid in college quite a bit and I think it's too soon to write him off....and Reagor/Djax are speed guys.  But yea he's a deeeeep sleeper that needs to wake the F up!
He couldn’t walk to the bathroom during the week he was so hurt. I don’t think he was more than 50% healthy

Yeah - Eagles fans certainly aren’t thrilled with his returns yet.

This article was 3 days ago. it speculates that his roster spot may have been in jeopardy, but he was turning things around. 
https://nflmocks.com/2020/09/03/philadelphia-eagles-jj-arcega-whiteside-2/

Ward, Quez & Hightower are all there too...seems like if he has the talent they thought they were drafting he could surpass those guys. 

Anyone have thoughts on Jake Luton? Deep/dynasty leagues?

If Minshew faults, Luton is all they have. Had a really good TD:INT ratio. Yeah yeah, 6th round QB, don’t expect much, but he has a decent opportunity if Minshew implodes

Yeah - Eagles fans certainly aren’t thrilled with his returns yet. 

Q

This article was 3 days ago. it speculates that his roster spot may have been in jeopardy, but he was turning things around. 
https://nflmocks.com/2020/09/03/philadelphia-eagles-jj-arcega-whiteside-2/

Ward, Quez & Hightower are all there too...seems like if he has the talent they thought they were drafting he could surpass those guys. 
The talent is there......we know college talent doesn't always translate the NFL.   But he's lighter, and sounds like mentally he's much better prepared...and I like his QB sitch if he stays on the field......or maybe he just flames out completely....he's an eagle so, ultimately it he flames, I wouldn't cry over it

Anyone have thoughts on Jake Luton? Deep/dynasty leagues?

If Minshew faults, Luton is all they have. Had a really good TD:INT ratio. Yeah yeah, 6th round QB, don’t expect much, but he has a decent opportunity if Minshew implodes
Watched him closely in college....he's a tall, prototypical pocket passer.....he's not going to run, but if he has a clean pocket, he's pretty accurate......really good kid too....I think he'd be a good leader in the huddle......that said, jacksonville is a bad team, so if he were forced into action he'd have an uphill climb for sure.

Please let this happen! I waited too long for TE so I went upside with Jonnu and Jarwin. 

I think Tennessee is gonna be really good. They play 6 of their first nine games at home. This could be a big advantage during this Covid year. It might take teams a while to figure out the best way to travel. Their home games aren't far away either. 
The worst thing you can do is give up on him too early this year. He has a pretty tough start to the season, but I expect him to be a quality TE in the middle and last part of the year.

Noah Fant, if Drew Lock can improve a little. I think he's better than the NYG TEs who combined for 75 reception and 6 TDs under Schurmur last year.
Fant is a mismatch for a lot of defenders....that Denver offense could be kinda scary if Lock takes a step forward

I think people regularly misjudge guys who play while injured. Many sit out when others will play. I know it's the NFL and everyone plays hurt but not all injuries are built the same. Groins are notoriously difficult to deal with and perform at a high level. I'm not saying he isn't going to bust anyway. I was high on him last year and he actually made it through a couple of my cuts tonight but I'll probably sell him for a ham sandwich the instant he catches a TD or converts a 3rd down. Still, a strained groin can make the greatest athlete look terrible. Anyway I'd like to see just a little more healthy game action before I cut bait.

Another guy I can't get off my sleeper list is Harry.....similar sitch, and similar type receiver as JJAW.

Harry was a monster in college, and I could see Cam throwin it up for him quite a bit.

I have a few of these. I want to say Slayton. I think he is going to have a monster year and be a league winner. Should be going more like the 4th.

Groins are notoriously difficult to deal with and perform at a high level.
On another related player, a good reason to bump Cohen up your board if one hasn’t drafted yet. 

2-4 week groin + big RB is a recipe for potential season long struggles.

It may not happen - Montgomery might come back just fine. But it seems like everyone is drafting handcuffs to elite RB, while Cohen’s ADP is behind guys like Mattisson & Murray...except Cohen’s already got the gig.  

Just a thought...

eta: @barackdhouse - not sure why it chopped you out of the quote. :shrug:  

On another related player, a good reason to bump Cohen up your board if one hasn’t drafted yet. 

It may not happen - Montgomery might come back just fine. But it seems like everyone is drafting handcuffs to elite RB, while Cohen’s ADP is behind guys like Mattisson & Murray...except Cohen’s already got the gig.  

Just a thought...
The opportunity is absolutely there as it relates to Montgomery being limited or whatever. But I gotta tell you as a lifelong Bears fan, Cohen is terrible. And so are the Bears. If you need a guy that can sprint east-west to the sideline for a 3 yard loss faster than anybody else in the league, he is your guy.

Also, I'm drunk.

Just a thought...
Cohen has the same gig he's always had.  It was fantasy-useful in 2018 (RB17), not so much in 2019 (RB45).

They're not going to use Cohen like they use Montgomery.

No but he’ should get a lot more touches while Montgomery is out. 
If he got a lot more touches, then he'd be taking on the Montgomery role.  Which I thought we agreed, he will not.

If it's 2 weeks with an extra 5 touches a week, how much do those 10 additional touches move him on your draft board?

So you don't think he can grow at the position?  He's got a ton of young talent at the skill positions.......I honestly don't know what to think of him.
I'm not high on Lock and I've moved away from the offensive players on that team because of it. 

The opportunity is absolutely there as it relates to Montgomery being limited or whatever. But I gotta tell you as a lifelong Bears fan, Cohen is terrible. And so are the Bears. If you need a guy that can sprint east-west to the sideline for a 3 yard loss faster than anybody else in the league, he is your guy.

Also, I'm drunk.
:lol:

noted. I am a hot sauce maker and I endorse drunk posting. 

lots and lots of dump-offs. Increased carries.  He’s got a lot more opportunity than the handcuffs right now.

i know Cohen is Cohen. The triple digit targets should make him a PPR flex darling. But it’s Tarik Cohen, so...   :shrug:  

all I know is he’s a very late pick because he gets no respect in FF circles  - and he’s gonna outscore a lot of guys drafted earlier in PPR leagues over the next couple games at least. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread