What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are the waiver wire darlings after week one games? (1 Viewer)

Depends on who’s available in your league. We have a small bench in our 12 men league. Hell, Sterling Shepard is sitting right there. 

He’s assuming because Permian is out and Mims get knocked out for the season with bad injury. 🤪
Doc Oc knows his Jets. He's likely at practice. Last report is from four days ago that I can see.  But it didn't sound too promising. "No structural damage," went the report. Oh. Okay. 

Doc Oc knows his Jets. He's likely at practice. Last report is from four days ago that I can see.  But it didn't sound too promising. "No structural damage," went the report. Oh. Okay. 
I’ve read he’s sat a week. I think it’s precautionary but we’ll see. He’s listed as Q for now. I think he plays and catches at least one long TD in a game the Jets will be playing from behind for most of the game.

Of course injuries always dictate the waiver wire, but this year I decided I would use most of my WW $$$ during the off-season because I'm not so sure we will have a full season in 2020.  It could end up being a wasted season.   I also cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket for the same reason.

Mitch Trubis-ahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahauahaha

sorry, I tried to say it with a straight face.

i feel like every year there will be some fool’s gold popping up - week one fantasy performances that don’t replicate. 

its so hard to a anticipate who the week 1 waiver guys will be, because league bench sizes wildly differ.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say either Burrow or Tyrod Taylor. I could see either of these guys being a lot better than people expect, and putting up better numbers than some drafted backups. 

its so hard to a anticipate who the week 1 waiver guys will be, because league bench sizes wildly differ.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say either Burrow or Tyrod Taylor. I could see either of these guys being a lot better than people expect, and putting up better numbers than some drafted backups. 
I like El Burrow as well :football: , (there's your Burrow nick) and I'm guessing people will be on Gardner Minshew.  Minshew is the type guy in my leagues, that people didn't want to quite pull the trigger on drafting, yet were thinking about it.  That borderline draftable guy.  All it is going to take is a week 1 Bortles-esque garbage time blowup, and he will be very sought after.

It's important to note, in all my leagues, we raised the number of benchspots 1 or 2 spots.  In a 12 teamer, increasing every teams benchspots by 2 is probably a more significant difference than most people realize.

It thins the talent on the wire a bit.  I would guess many leagues have deeper benches this year for obvious Corona and injury reasons.

I know in several of my standard-ish redraft leagues with 7 bench spots (start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1TE and no flex) I'm rostering 7-9 RBs. My opponents are already #####ing about it.

I tell them "Draft better!"

All that aside, this is a year where more than any, you want extra RB depth. Seems like a no brainer to me, and the fact that many leagues are deeper benches due to extra bench spots or additional Corona issues just makes RB depth all that more important.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course injuries always dictate the waiver wire, but this year I decided I would use most of my WW $$$ during the off-season because I'm not so sure we will have a full season in 2020.  It could end up being a wasted season.   I also cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket for the same reason.
A true beacon of hope

Chris Hogan and Dontrelle Inman will both be hot commodities but will ultimately prove to be fools gold 

Hogan will lead the most dropped list by week 4.  Inman will have more staying power due to sporadic glimmers of fantasy goodness, but will be an afterthought by the second half of the season

Chris Hogan and Dontrelle Inman will both be hot commodities but will ultimately prove to be fools gold 

Hogan will lead the most dropped list by week 4.  Inman will have more staying power due to sporadic glimmers of fantasy goodness, but will be an afterthought by the second half of the season
I couldn’t even tell you who those guys are playing for now without looking it up

Users who are viewing this thread