What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 In-Season IDP News, Notes and Updates. (2 Viewers)

All camp it was Brian Burns RE and Stephen Weatherly LE on the field, yet panthers.com updated with Yetur Gross-Matos listed at RE and Burns at LE with Weatherly as YGMs back up.

Dolphins list their initial alignment as a 3-4.

Shaq Lawson at OLB and not DE.

Shaq Lawson, Jerome Baker, Kyle Van Noy and Elandon Roberts are the LBers.

NYG cut Ryan Connelly (already claimed by MIN) and the news I find has Devante Downs as the second ILB for NYG. No idea if that will be a 3DLB but I'd guess not in today's NFL. Probably benefits a S there. 

Any news on the NYJ linebacker depth chart?  Cashman, Hewitt, Williamson?  Who gets the most time?  I have been looking but can't find anything on the situation for sure. 

Any news on the NYJ linebacker depth chart?  Cashman, Hewitt, Williamson?  Who gets the most time?  I have been looking but can't find anything on the situation for sure. 
Their first depth chart has Williamson and Hewitt listed as the starters with Cashman backing up Williamson.

Their first depth chart has Williamson and Hewitt listed as the starters with Cashman backing up Williamson.
I saw that but I had also read somewhere that it was going to be Cashman and Hewitt starting and WIlliamson was in danger of being cut.  He is also coming off ACL so is he back to 100% health?

Chargers unofficially show Murray-s, Perryman-m and White-w as LBs.  Reports had only Murray of these three staying in the nickle/dime, and playing lots of mlb.  With Drue Tranquill joining him.

Also Nasir Adderly at SS next to Rayshawn Jenkins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers unofficially show Murray-s, Perryman-m and White-w as LBs.  Reports had only Murray of these three staying in the nickle/dime, and playing lots of mlb.  With Drue Tranquill joining him.

Also Nasir Adderly at SS next to Rayshawn Jenkins.
They just can’t quit Perryman

Seahawks now unofficially showing LJ Collier and Benson Mayowa at DE.  

Rasheem Green had been running with starters in much of the practices, while it was rookie Alton Robinson showing the most pas rush ability followed by Mayowa.

Eagles unofficially showing TJ Edward's at MLB. With Nate Gerry and Duke Riley outside.  But camp reports had Gerry with the green dot as they were playing with Gerry and Riley always on the field and Edward's coming for the run heavy situations.

Jalen Mills at SS! ?? And McLeod at FS.  Not sure I would buy that, seems left and right safety is far more fitting. Or Mills getting lots of slot safety time.

49ers list Soloman Thomas at  DT next to DJ Jones.  With Javon Kinlaw in reserve.

The rest of the defense is listed as assumed through the camps.

If Oden is already gone. I'd take a shot on Sweat.  Jim Schwartz does well using a rotation and Barnett has been slowed up in camp. Plus Sweats age is nice at 23. Vernon seems just about done.

Who do you guys like better for me to grab until Hunter comes back?

Josh Sweat or Olivier Vernon?
I don't trust sustainability with Vernon, but he's an 80-90% snap player and while it didn't turn into sacks last year he played well before going down with injury (again). Is he a better play than Sweat? :shrug:  I liked him as a prospect and I get 2018 was for all intents and purposes a redshirt year, but he was a short side of the rotation player that didn't stand out last year. He has more long term upside, but if you need someone to play right now I sure do not trust him. So I guess it depends on their purpose on your team.

I don't trust sustainability with Vernon, but he's an 80-90% snap player and while it didn't turn into sacks last year he played well before going down with injury (again). Is he a better play than Sweat? :shrug:  I liked him as a prospect and I get 2018 was for all intents and purposes a redshirt year, but he was a short side of the rotation player that didn't stand out last year. He has more long term upside, but if you need someone to play right now I sure do not trust him. So I guess it depends on their purpose on your team.
Thanks. Just to be clear i need to grab a DE for that roster spot not necessarily to start.

I still have Hubbard, Houston, Clowney, and Addison and we start 3. 

I was outbid on Sweat and Vernon but did pick up Attaochu since he has a DE designation (for now?) and it sounds like he will get increased snaps with Miller out.

Sounds like Greedy Williams will be OUT vs the Ravens. Terrance Mitchell could be a nice start for those that break out the CB position.

Depth chart looks to have LJ Fort starting alongside Patrick Queen. What can we expect from him? Holding spot until the other rookie is up to speed? Any Ravens homer close to the situation know if he’ll simple be 2 down linebacker? Only asking as a wait and see play in super deep IDP league

Depth chart looks to have LJ Fort starting alongside Patrick Queen. What can we expect from him? Holding spot until the other rookie is up to speed? Any Ravens homer close to the situation know if he’ll simple be 2 down linebacker? Only asking as a wait and see play in super deep IDP league
I would rather have Malik Harrison as a super deep bench stash.  His upside is higher.

...then break it again in week 10. I could be wrong, but it seems like this isn’t an injury you should rush back from.
They say it heals stronger, but there's been a few guys (Romo, Rodgers?) that have came back and reinjured it.   I don't think it's really an injury to baby.

Flying Elvis said:
Rashaan Evans ejected... is it still an automatic disqualification from the next game?
No - it is not an automatic to be suspended a game.  Just as Collins situation they said he missed most of the game and it wasn't malicious he will not be suspended for week 2. 

Evans is a bit different in that he threw a punch but it was early in the game so they may lean towards he missed most of one game so that should be enough.  I haven't seen any update on this though. 

cockroach said:
They say it heals stronger, but there's been a few guys (Romo, Rodgers?) that have came back and reinjured it.   I don't think it's really an injury to baby.
I've broken both of mine... you can still feel where the line is for a few months.  I feel like I've seen NFL guys who come back too soon break it again quickly, but that's certainly not scientific.

6 weeks sounds like when you can start working out again, not when you can start tackling NFL players.

I've broken both of mine... you can still feel where the line is for a few months.  I feel like I've seen NFL guys who come back too soon break it again quickly, but that's certainly not scientific.

6 weeks sounds like when you can start working out again, not when you can start tackling NFL players.
We're civilians.  These guys get plates installed that protect it.  I've broken mine too and you can tell which one when you see me with my shirt off.  

Users who are viewing this thread