What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 In-Season IDP News, Notes and Updates. (1 Viewer)

With Bosa injury SF is bringing in Ansah for a look.  He might be an upside pre-emptive pick up if you need DL help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vigil didn't play, Kyzir White was 100%.

I have seen this Chargers LB movie before, and I'm out. 

Any of you decide to invest in any of them, Godspeed. Chargers ain't gonna have massraider around to abuse ever again. 
lmao... LAC LBs for me, at this point, are best when they can go on IR so they don't waste a roster spot but you can hold on to that sliver of hope. I'll make a claim for White, though. He's been pretty decent at compiling stats with a full time (ish) role... until he gets injured again. 

Andy Dufresne said:
Anthony Barr out for the year - torn pectoral.
Will there be a single guy that fills his role? Recently added Connelly when NYG cut him last minute but my knowledge of MIN LBs is weak since I've never had shares of their long time studs. 

Okereke in on 85% while Anthony Walker was down to around 56%. Might just be the changing of the guard in the spot next to Leonard in Indy. If so run - don’t walk and grab him wherever available.

Will there be a single guy that fills his role? Recently added Connelly when NYG cut him last minute but my knowledge of MIN LBs is weak since I've never had shares of their long time studs. 
Min LB's have never been great IDP guys.  Kendricks is a tremendous NFL LB but for fantasy he always been disappointing.  Barr is the same way (although he isn't a great NFL LB either).  I don't think there is anything to see here but as a speculative add if you want to wait and see I would go with Eric Wilson

Some surprises:

Frank Clark 43% of snaps.  ETA: Illness.

Who's Eric Wilson who had 92% of Vikings snaps?  ETA: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/vikings-eric-wilson-role-set-to-increase/ Expected every down LB now.

Demarcus Lawrence 37% of snaps (Aldon Smith 81%, Griffen 75%).  ETA: Lingering knee injury, keeping snaps low?

Trevathan 48% of snaps.
Anthony Barr out for the season - could be Troy Dye or Eric Wilson taking his snaps going forward.

"I thought Troy came in and did some good things," Zimmer said. "He had a couple missed tackles, but he ran pretty well. Once Barr went out, it got a little confusing because Eric [Kendricks] was trying to get the calls from the headset and then make the calls and get guys lined up. So that got a little confusing. [Eric] Wilson did fine. We've still got a lot of things we have to work on with those guys, but we anticipate that they'll continue to get better."

Holmes, Jalyn MIN DT

Listed as DT in MFL but the nfl game sheet for week 2 and Vikings website depth chart list him as DE. Week 1 game sheet has him as DT. His snap count jumped from 38% in week 1 to 59% in week 2. Odi's snap percentage dropped... not sure if there was injury, though. Anything to see here? Getting a guy that actually plays in a DE alignment in your lineup at DT can be a nice bonus in DT required leagues. 

Only info I find is this SI breakdown of snap counts: https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-snap-count-analysis-week-2-barr-injury-causes-shakeup

Anyone watching the WFT games? Jonathan Allen with 56% week 1 then 65% week 2 while Ja'Ron Payne was 76% then 61%. Curious about the situation, as I had Allen pegged to be a decent weekly start at DT with the switch to 4-3 this season.

Anyone watching the WFT games? Jonathan Allen with 56% week 1 then 65% week 2 while Ja'Ron Payne was 76% then 61%. Curious about the situation, as I had Allen pegged to be a decent weekly start at DT with the switch to 4-3 this season.
Every time i see the "WFT" I immediately think someone is using the WTF acronym and it takes me a bit to figure out they are talking about the Washington Football Team....hahahhaa

WFT is rotating their D-line quite a bit to keep everyone fresh.  I think the percentages will do this all year long but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.  Everyone should stay fresh which should help their ability of making things happen when they are on the field. 

Every time i see the "WFT" I immediately think someone is using the WTF acronym and it takes me a bit to figure out they are talking about the Washington Football Team....hahahhaa

WFT is rotating their D-line quite a bit to keep everyone fresh.  I think the percentages will do this all year long but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.  Everyone should stay fresh which should help their ability of making things happen when they are on the field. 
I've said elsewhere that WFT seems perfect, as it seems like they can't even get WTF right. 

Thanks for the info!

JoeSteeler said:
Anthony Barr out for the season - could be Troy Dye or Eric Wilson taking his snaps going forward.

"I thought Troy came in and did some good things," Zimmer said. "He had a couple missed tackles, but he ran pretty well. Once Barr went out, it got a little confusing because Eric [Kendricks] was trying to get the calls from the headset and then make the calls and get guys lined up. So that got a little confusing. [Eric] Wilson did fine. We've still got a lot of things we have to work on with those guys, but we anticipate that they'll continue to get better."
Vikes just placed Dye on IR.  I guess that is why they signed Todd Davis.

Vigil didn't play, Kyzir White was 100%.

I have seen this Chargers LB movie before, and I'm out. 

Any of you decide to invest in any of them, Godspeed. Chargers ain't gonna have massraider around to abuse ever again. 
Pull up a chair, coffee and donuts in the corner.  Group session starts at 6:00, see the receptionist to schedule 1-on-1 if needed.  I'm 331 days clean as of today.

Culled from that list of links, for anybody interested.

Avery Williamson, LB, New York Jets

It looks like Williamson returned to the field in Week 3. Not only did he produce, but he was on the field for 95% of the snaps. Williamson recorded a 15.8% tackle rate - resulting in nine tackles. He didn't look hampered by his knee and took on contact. He shed blocks and was quick to the ball. Neville Hewitt is still calling the plays, but Williamson looks to be the three-down LB opposite. Williamson is shaping up to be a potential LB2 the remainder of the season.

Culled from that list of links, for anybody interested.

Avery Williamson, LB, New York Jets

It looks like Williamson returned to the field in Week 3. Not only did he produce, but he was on the field for 95% of the snaps. Williamson recorded a 15.8% tackle rate - resulting in nine tackles. He didn't look hampered by his knee and took on contact. He shed blocks and was quick to the ball. Neville Hewitt is still calling the plays, but Williamson looks to be the three-down LB opposite. Williamson is shaping up to be a potential LB2 the remainder of the season.
50/50 rotation with Ogletree vs. Broncos. Alternated quarters. Not sure why since Ogletree is atrocious.

What’s the deal with Baker in Miami? He’s play count has been going in the wrong way. Hasn’t hit 100% once in 4 games. 

(RotoWire) Bobby Okereke will undergo surgery to address a thumb injury this week, Andrew Walker of the Colts' official site reports.

Analysis: The specifics of the injury remain unclear, but the 24-year-old will go under the knife in the near future. Coach Frank Reich said Okereke hasn't been ruled out for Sunday's game at Cleveland, and he will be evaluated later in the week.

It's a plus matchup for DL but that's an awfully deep dive even for me with 700+ players rostered in each league. Clark or bust from what I've seen. That D is definitely very good this year but Kpas is on my WW in 3 of 4 leagues and he's a much better start based on snap count. Is there injury/illness at DE for KC?

Geno Atkins cleared to play first game of the season.  DT required leagues might look to see if he was forgotten about.

Has anyone watched Isaiah Simmons and have any insight on what is going on?

It says on PFR that he has started all 4 games but is playing just 16% of the defensive snaps. 

Has anyone watched Isaiah Simmons and have any insight on what is going on?

It says on PFR that he has started all 4 games but is playing just 16% of the defensive snaps. 
He just doesn't seem to get the system so he isn't on the field much.  Hicks and Campbell are the full time guys.  There was some talk about Simmons getting some time at Safety with the injuries Arizona has seen in their secondary.

He just doesn't seem to get the system so he isn't on the field much.  Hicks and Campbell are the full time guys.  There was some talk about Simmons getting some time at Safety with the injuries Arizona has seen in their secondary.
Seems like he doesn’t have a clear cut position. Reminds me of Thomas Davis when he was a young player. Hopefully he settles in. 

Jewell or Oluokun?  Why do you prefer one over the other?  Both are staring at me on waivers......leaning Oluokun because his tackle numbers seem more consistent but maybe get both?  Give me your reasons for one over the other

Jewell or Oluokun?  Why do you prefer one over the other?  Both are staring at me on waivers......leaning Oluokun because his tackle numbers seem more consistent but maybe get both?  Give me your reasons for one over the other
I prefer Oluokun. I think he is now the LB to own in ATL because injuries have made D Jones a shadow of the player he was. Depending on your other LBs, they both might be worth adding.

Both are in the top 30ish at LB and should absolutely be rostered. LB2 & LB3 range... you'd have to be very deep at LB to not need them. Make room for both?

If I had to pick, I'd lean Oluokun. ATL looks bad, bad, bad and the tackle opportunity should be solid in late game, clock-killing scripts. 

Both are in the top 30ish at LB and should absolutely be rostered. LB2 & LB3 range... you'd have to be very deep at LB to not need them. Make room for both?

If I had to pick, I'd lean Oluokun. ATL looks bad, bad, bad and the tackle opportunity should be solid in late game, clock-killing scripts. 
I am tempted to drop Schobert so I can get both of them.  He has been terrible and even with Jack out he didn't do anything last week.  Ours is a big play league so I start ZaDarius Smith, Kyzer White, and Bostic right now.  All have been great. 

I may just make room for both to keep them away from others but then I will always play the wrong one in my starting lineup...ahhahhahaha

I am tempted to drop Schobert so I can get both of them.  He has been terrible and even with Jack out he didn't do anything last week.  Ours is a big play league so I start ZaDarius Smith, Kyzer White, and Bostic right now.  All have been great. 

I may just make room for both to keep them away from others but then I will always play the wrong one in my starting lineup...ahhahhahaha
lmao... I hear that. Some of my best teams historically are the ones where my depth players are all misfires so my starting lineup is too obvious to **** up. :lol:  

Is Vander Esch back this week? I see he is practicing in full and has a possibility for Monday Night, but haven't seen the Cowboys remove him from IR.

Kwon Alexander out this week (high ankle sprain) and Greenlaw has been a beast when Kwon's out. No blurb through MFL on Greenlaw so most probably don't know he's getting the snaps. 6% owned on MFL. Definitely a good start for the next few weeks until Kwon returns. 

umjaker said:
Is Vander Esch back this week? I see he is practicing in full and has a possibility for Monday Night, but haven't seen the Cowboys remove him from IR.
McCarthy said that all arrows are pointing up as far as LVE playing on Monday. He said Vander Esch went through the practice yesterday (Friday) and will participate today (Saturday) so he is very encouraged about him playing.

I sat Schoebert of course for Jewell and Jewell did nothing (2 solo/4 assist) and Schobert went off (7 solos/3assists/INT) …….UGH...…..I did play Oluokun so that was fine.

Devin Bush tore his ACL and is out for the year. Robert Spillane came in for him yesterday and finished with 5 solos and 1 asst.

Barring a trade or FA signing, it looks like Spillane will get the first shot to replace Bush.

Users who are viewing this thread