What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 In-Season IDP News, Notes and Updates. (1 Viewer)

Did anybody watch the Bucs vs Saints game? I saw Cam Jordan consistently in the backfield with Brady and should have at least had some half sacks and his box score at the end of the game is 0 across the board?? 

Did anybody watch the Bucs vs Saints game? I saw Cam Jordan consistently in the backfield with Brady and should have at least had some half sacks and his box score at the end of the game is 0 across the board?? 
He was credited with 1 QB Hit in my league.  I have never understood what the clear definition of a QB hit is for stat purposes.  I have watched guys hammer the QB and get nothing and then other times barely push a guy and get credit.  Is there an official definition of this stat somewhere or just left up to the subjectiveness of the statistician?

Also, while on the subject - how can you get credit for a tackle, sack, and QB hit on a strip sack but don't get credit for a tackle for loss?  You get credit for a tackle - it happened 4 yds behind the line of scrimmage......how is it also not a TFL?  ok rant over.

Guys, maybe this was put on here already but if not, you may want to jump on Kamren Curl (Washington's SS) before he's picked up by someone else.  I haven't seen his snap count % yet but he's replacing Landon Collins and first game put up 6 solos, 5 assists, and a sack.  

winterrules03 said:
Guys, maybe this was put on here already but if not, you may want to jump on Kamren Curl (Washington's SS) before he's picked up by someone else.  I haven't seen his snap count % yet but he's replacing Landon Collins and first game put up 6 solos, 5 assists, and a sack.  
Picked him up in a few leagues before wk9 games...looks like he played 100% of the def snaps.

drewd_21 said:
Picked him up in a few leagues before wk9 games...looks like he played 100% of the def snaps.
Well, I missed him.  Didn't think anyone in my league would know who he was so only bid $1 on him.  Guy got him with a bid of $1 but had higher waiver priority.  Dammit, serves me right for being cheap on my FAB bid.  But maybe it was meant to be because after I finished throwing my tantrum this morning, I saw that Jordan Fuller is coming off IR so I grabbed him.  I think this kid could be special and the LBs in front of him are not that great.  He just needs to stay healthy.  

Sam Hubbard was activated off IR and is reportedly going to play vs the Steelers this week. Would be a nice pickup if he was dropped.

I traded away Budda as part of a rebuild effort and picked this guy up off waivers.  He was very good and always around the line of scrimmage.  I watched a lot of the game to see if his performance was just stat fluff for a small sample size but he was in the box a lot, rushed the QB at times and was always around the ball.  Looks like a keeper for the rest of this year.  Pick him up if he is still on waivers.  

MAC_32 said:
I sent him packing last week. He's not been terrible, but he's not playing enough snaps to be a difference maker in our game even when positive regression strikes anyway.
He's playing 60% of the snaps.

Last 7 weeks, and I know there is a bye in there, he has gotten 5 pts in my league, 1 tackle, 1 assist and 1 fumble recov.   Hardly worth keeping around, but he'll spark up when I cut him.  🙂

Cole Holcomb WFT returned last weekend and had 5T 1A 1TFL on 63% of snaps. This weekend he jumped to 70% of snaps and put up 3T 1A 1SK 1TFL 1PD 1INT. Owned 4% on MFL. 

Kamal Martin GB returned and put up 6T 1TFL on 43% of snaps. Barnes had 40% and the Smiths are in the 70s so I'm not sure there's any reliability to be had with Martin but his role could grow. 
Holcomb at 90% week 9 and 100% week 10. Probably still available in shallower leagues. 

Just a quick tidbit from the paid subscription here from Week 10. I found this amusing and doubt if FBG will mind a re-post in their free forum. Needless to say it comes with a plug to get a subscription and read the articles John Norton puts out every week. Quality stuff. You guys might find the italicized font funny. If it bit you, my apologies.

Indianapolis Colts

The Colts stats crew is rather generous whenever the Colts play at home, but in Week 9 the numbers just didn’t add up. The Ravens ran 53 offensive plays that did not end in a score, but 58 solo tackles were awarded. Maybe that helps to explain the 13 solo tackles Darius Leonard was credited with on Sunday.

The Colts are at Tennessee this week so they will not get that home-field edge, but that is not the only concern with this matchup. The Titans offense has gone into hibernation over the last two games. In matchups with the Bengals and Bears, only safety Jesse Bates and linebacker Roquan Smith have reached double-digit fantasy points.

Beware starting DeForest Buckner with this matchup as well. Tennessee has not allowed a sack to an interior lineman all season.

edited 

was looking for current idp dynasty ranking as FBG ranking are from 28 days ago and only from 2 people so looking for other opinions 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me what's going on with Melvin Ingram?  Back in the day he was like an OLB with a DE designation - but now I'm luck if he gets 2 tackles in a game.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with Melvin Ingram?  Back in the day he was like an OLB with a DE designation - but now I'm luck if he gets 2 tackles in a game.
He injured his knee in week 2 or 3 and missed a bunch of games.  Maybe the knee isn't fully healed and its affecting his speed and power so he's not getting any push.

Anyone have any info on Jerome Baker's fall from grace?   His snap count has plummeted, and I might need to cut him loose if this is a long term trend.

My LBs are typically a strong point of my team, but this year, with the exception of Martinez, it's been difficult.   Littleton, Bush, Baker, Evans, Mosely, Simmons

NEWS ARTICLES > MICAH KISER: SUFFERS INJURY MONDAY

PUBLISHED TUE NOV 24 3:10:26 P.M. ET 2020 

(RotoWire) Kiser exited late in the fourth quarter of Monday's win over the Buccaneers and didn't return, Cameron DaSilva of USA Today reports.

Analysis: Kiser took a head-to-head hit from Bucs running back Leonard Fournette and then had his left leg rolled up on. It's unclear which part of the sequence kept him out of the game, but that information should be revealed when the Rams begin their practice week Wednesday.

Anyone have any info on Jerome Baker's fall from grace?   His snap count has plummeted, and I might need to cut him loose if this is a long term trend.

My LBs are typically a strong point of my team, but this year, with the exception of Martinez, it's been difficult.   Littleton, Bush, Baker, Evans, Mosely, Simmons
I haven't seen enough for this to be my own opinion, but reports are he's not really that good, and it was more of a surprise that his playing time lasted so long.

Just placed on IR with a knee injury.  I assume this is a big reason for the subpar year as he tried to play through it.

Who is going to play in the middle for the Rams now Kiser is out a few weeks at least?
Reeder filled in once before and was a monster, like 10 tackles and 3 sacks or something crazy. I grabbed him off waivers but have consistent lbers now so he’s in a back up role for now. 

Reeder filled in once before and was a monster, like 10 tackles and 3 sacks or something crazy. I grabbed him off waivers but have consistent lbers now so he’s in a back up role for now. 
2 Starts 2 monster games. Looks like next week someone else will have a back up role for me. 

2 Starts 2 monster games. Looks like next week someone else will have a back up role for me. 
I won't pull the trigger just yet, but I have the benefit of time. I don't need to win until either week 14 or 15. Gonna keep playing my other 100% snap guys, but may get cute when the dance starts.

A.J. Klein just checked in to say hai when it came to backups having monster games recently. He went for over twenty-two three straight in our league.

What happened with Roquan Smith last night...only 2.5 tackles.  Did he get injured? 
I don't know.  He was nowhere to be seen.  It might hurt him that Akiem Hicks was inactive.  Not having him really hurts the Bears as it affects their whole defensive scheme.  

What happened with Roquan Smith last night...only 2.5 tackles.  Did he get injured? 
I stopped paying attention early on cause it wasn't competitive, but I noticed they seemed to run Aaron Jones away from him on those early drives and weren't targeting whoever Roquan was covering.

Man, lots of IDP waiver wire articles, but they’re all listing owned players this week. Across 5 leagues, I only see Reeder 3x and Donovan Wilson once.  Everyone else useful is 100% owned.

in redraft?  Yes,  for sure.......

I wouldn't drop in dynasty though
Why not in dynasty?  I mean is he going to find a better spot than where he is now?  He's opposite Bosa and half the time playing as a LB designated as a DL.  You don't get much better than that.  They aren't a franchise that brings players back with deals the players like, and he's not really franchise tag worthy, is he?

Why not in dynasty?  I mean is he going to find a better spot than where he is now?  He's opposite Bosa and half the time playing as a LB designated as a DL.  You don't get much better than that.  They aren't a franchise that brings players back with deals the players like, and he's not really franchise tag worthy, is he?
Because he has shown that he is a good pass rusher and this year has obviously been due to an early season injury.  I wouldn't give up on him as pass rushers are hard to find.

Now if you need the space for someone else obviously it would depend on that need and may dictate dropping Ingram.  I just wouldn't do it for the sake of doing it.

The Bears D-tackles were pitiful in this game. Packers IOLs routinely, easily climbed to the second level to take Smith away from the play.

I just wanted to give a thank you to @Aaron Rudnicki for the IDP Upgrades/Downgrades article that comes out every week for the subscribers.  This and the Eyes of the Guru article by @John Norton are by far the two best pieces of IDP information that is produced from the website.  I have been critical of some of the other offerings so I figured I would give credit where it is due.

@Joe Bryant
Thank you @Gally That's kind of you to say and I agree completely. Aaron and John crush these. Thanks for taking the time for the nice words. 

Users who are viewing this thread