What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Plant Your Flag - Your Player / Team / Situation for 2020 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I know we've done some of these but starting a new one.

Posted on Twitter:

Plant Your Flag. Who's the player or team or situation you're taking a stand on this season? Save the link for Victory Laps or Told You So's in January. Let's hear it.

The Colts are a really good TEAM and Rivers will certainly be better than Brissett and do enough to move the chains and score a lot more points.  I believe Ballard is the best GM in the NFL and most of his moves have proven to be very good.  I don't think they are KC good, but the Colts are better than most teams right now and are continually moving in the right direction. 

The Colts are a really good TEAM and Rivers will certainly be better than Brissett and do enough to move the chains and score a lot more points.  I believe Ballard is the best GM in the NFL and most of his moves have proven to be very good.  I don't think they are KC good, but the Colts are better than most teams right now and are continually moving in the right direction. 
Gotta be more definitive. How many regular season wins for Colts?

DJ Chark is a top 6 WR for fantasy 

Jonathan Taylor scores double digit TDs

Gallup out scores Amari Cooper

Last edited by a moderator:
If they play a full season - 12 - 4.

@Jacksonville ----- WIN

vs Minnesota ----- WIN

vs New York ----- WIN

@Chicago ----- WIN

@Cleveland ----- WIN

vs Cincinnati ----- WIN

@Detroit ----- WIN

vs Baltimore ----- LOSS

@Tennessee ----- LOSS

vs Green Bay ----- WIN

vs Tennessee ----- WIN

@Houston ----- LOSS

@Las Vegas ----- WIN

vs Houston ----- WIN

@Pittsburgh ----- LOSS

vs Jacksonville ----- WIN

The Cowboys will be the best offense in the league by a wide margin.  Somewhere in the 60TD range. 

Emmanual Sanders is a WR1 - 1200 yards, 8 tds

And by ranked "higher", what is the exact scoring metric @Anarchy99?
End of year QB rankings . . . I don't even care what the scoring system is. After watching Brady, I think he has lost a lot. I hear people suggesting it will be 2007 all over again. Brady is 43, not 30.

He could have the best weapons in the league, and if he has lost some reaction time, feels a pass rush that isn't there, and has lost some accuracy and timing, that will be a problem. I also am concerned about how in sync he will be with a bunch of new players (especially in the early going). My biggest fear is someone misses a blocking assignment and Brady gets crushed and misses time.

Similarly, Gronk looked spent two years ago. IMO, his numerous surgeries sapped a lot of his skill and abilities and taking a year off just made him a year older not better. Teams were able to single cover him in 2018 and he still couldn't get much separation. He still is likely to miss time and at this point is splitting reps at TE. Scoring system to me also doesn't matter. Asiasi ranks higher end of year than Gronk in 0 PPR or 1 PPR leagues.

Cam ends the year ranked higher than Brady.
Asiasi ends the year ranked higher than Gronk.
NE wins more games than Tampa.
NE advances farther than Tampa.
Nice David. Don’t doubt the last two, but surprised by you Cam prediction. based on your posts questioning the NE receivers.  I hope you’re right!

As for Gronk - I agree he was spent 2 years ago, but that year off seemingly has worked wonders for his body. I think the GOAT TE has a big comeback season in him.  

I've definitely said this before but I'll plant it here. The Football Team (offense) is going to be better than people think. I've got McLaurin getting 150 targets and catching 100 balls. He'll be going in the 2nd round of redrafts next year. 

End of year QB rankings . . . I don't even care what the scoring system is. After watching Brady, I think he has lost a lot. I hear people suggesting it will be 2007 all over again. Brady is 43, not 30.

He could have the best weapons in the league, and if he has lost some reaction time, feels a pass rush that isn't there, and has lost some accuracy and timing, that will be a problem. I also am concerned about how in sync he will be with a bunch of new players (especially in the early going). My biggest fear is someone misses a blocking assignment and Brady gets crushed and misses time.

Similarly, Gronk looked spent two years ago. IMO, his numerous surgeries sapped a lot of his skill and abilities and taking a year off just made him a year older not better. Teams were able to single cover him in 2018 and he still couldn't get much separation. He still is likely to miss time and at this point is splitting reps at TE. Scoring system to me also doesn't matter. Asiasi ranks higher end of year than Gronk in 0 PPR or 1 PPR leagues.
Cool. This will be fun. 

We'll use regular ESPN fantasy PPR points scoring (not QB rating). 

I'm 43. In case there is any doubt, I'm no Tom Brady. I am in the best shape I've been in since my late 20s though as I have been training really hard the last two years. Anyway, I walk through my house and (there are kid toys everywhere) I'll see an object in my way. I see it. I recognize it. I make a snap mental decision to walk around or over it. Then I stub my toe on it anyway. My body simply doesn't do the things I tell it to sometimes. That said I'll take a slightly lesser physical version of Brady who knows what he's doing and has these weapons. I'd place the over/under at 4600 yards, 35 TDs.

CeeDee Lamb and A.J. Green both finish as top 5 fantasy WRs, and the Cowboys face the Bengals in. . .  week 14 of the regular season.

No idea if this is @Anarchy99 and I'm sure he'll say it's not and that's fine. But by far my favorite guy this year is "Angry Patriot Fan claiming Brady is washed up and denying he'd been throwing to deck chairs in New England". 

I'm 43. In case there is any doubt, I'm no Tom Brady. I am in the best shape I've been in since my late 20s though as I have been training really hard the last two years. Anyway, I walk through my house and (there are kid toys everywhere) I'll see an object in my way. I see it. I recognize it. I make a snap mental decision to walk around or over it. Then I stub my toe on it anyway. My body simply doesn't do the things I tell it to sometimes. That said I'll take a slightly lesser physical version of Brady who knows what he's doing and has these weapons. I'd place the over/under at 4600 yards, 35 TDs.
I would easily take the under.

Going WAY out on a limb with this one:

Daniel Jones makes a MAJOR leap forward this season and finishes as a top 5 QB.

I hate the Giants and don't have him on any of my rosters.

I don't think that's crazy. That offense is going to be really hard to defend. And just a few dump off (or designed) passes to Barkley that he house calls, are going to pad Jones stats. If he takes a step forward this year then yes he is very undervalued right now. Even if he plays about the same he is probably still too low.

Mike Evans is the WR 1

1550-16
I hope ur right as I ended up with him last night, even though I'm not bullish on Brady.....I wanted Golladay, but he went right before, dang it!

Several of my league mates are very high on the Bucs.......and I get it.  One thing seems clear to me though is they will not be able to let TB take a buncha hits like Winston did.  I mean if anyone to defy father time, and keep rollin it's TB......he just looked like he was toast last season.

Double down with two flags. No bragging rights unless both come through...

1. CeeDee Lamb is offensive rookie of the year despite scoring fewer touchdowns than fellow rookie Claypool.

2. Pittsburgh beats KC in the AFC Championship game

I'm hitching my wagon to Kyler Murray.  The addition of Nuk, a year under his belt, his ability to run......I think he could easily be top 3 QB at the end.

Also, I'm investing in Colts running game.  Got Taylor/Mack last night and it definitely didn't sit well with a few of my league mates.  Reached a bit for Taylor, scooped up Mack a few rounds later.

Top 5 might be a stretch, but I can easily see Jones a top 10 QB and a QB1.  All Jones has to do is protect the football better.  The game scripts are going to allow Jones to rack up the yards.  While they don't have the best WRs, Tate, Shepard and Slayton can easily get the job done, along with one the best RBs in Barkley.

Double down with two flags. No bragging rights unless both come through...

1. CeeDee Lamb is offensive rookie of the year despite scoring fewer touchdowns than fellow rookie Claypool.

2. Pittsburgh beats KC in the AFC Championship game
Wow. I love it. 

No idea if this is @Anarchy99 and I'm sure he'll say it's not and that's fine. But by far my favorite guy this year is "Angry Patriot Fan claiming Brady is washed up and denying he'd been throwing to deck chairs in New England". 
No, it's really me, and I won't come up with excuses should Brady find the fountain of youth and put up a great season. I'm also not an Angry Patriot Guy . . . I said for months NE would be better off without him and while he was a legend, it was best to move on.

I saw plenty of Brady missing guys that were open by throwing the ball 8 feet too short or 8 feet too high. Or him ignoring guys that were wide open because they weren't Edelman or White. The deck chairs argument to me is a little overblown. The entire offense had a boatload of injuries last year . . . but no one wants to even look at that part of it.

I really do think he has started to lose it some. Sure, he didn't have great options to throw to last year, and it's not like NE didn't try to get him help the last year or so (acquired Gordon and Brown, drafted Harry, traded for Sanu). Brady was just flat out unhappy last year . . . an article came out recently where the team barely tolerated his dour demeanor last year and most of the team was in favor of them moving on from Brady (at least that's what the claim is in the article).

Let's see what happens this year in NE with essentially no real upgrades to new established players on the offense. It would not shock me if Damiere Byrd put up Ted Ginn numbers and became fantasy relevant (fantasy WR3). Even with a bunch of no names and limited experience players on the roster, SOMEONE has to catch the balls that Cam is throwing (at least 56% of the time).

Bottom line, I think both Brady and Gronk get dinged up and that will be the main reason why they RANK poorly at the end of the year. That being said, IMO Brady is in the QB15 range in my book, and I think things will be more difficult than people are predicting. And who knows how Tampa will do if they have to rely on . . . Blaine Gabbert.

I look at this way.....TB's arm is nothing compared to Winston's.  I'm talking pure arm strength, velocity, ability to stretch the field.....not talking decision making.....How will Tom be able to full utilize his weapons when his body is failing him?  I honestly feel like Godwin is prolly the better option based on working underneath.....and dump offs to RoJo and TE's.

I look at this way.....TB's arm is nothing compared to Winston's.  I'm talking pure arm strength, velocity, ability to stretch the field.....not talking decision making.....How will Tom be able to full utilize his weapons when his body is failing him?  I honestly feel like Godwin is prolly the better option based on working underneath.....and dump offs to RoJo and TE's.
I've been favoring Godwin also.  I just think that Tom will be able to matriculate the ball as well as any team in the league and that when they get to the redzone it will be child's play. And that leaves some room for an occasional over the top long completion and/or a long house call that someone like Gronk or Godwin catches in stride on shorter stuff. You may be right about Tom not being able to *fully* utilize his weapons because of his body, but there are multiple ways to win (and to put up 4600/35) and Tom knows all of them. Granted, if it was 2007 Tom with this squad we probably easily set it at 5000/40. 

Guess I'm saying I don't disagree he won't be able to maximize this the way a younger guy could, but they're still going to ball out (used that phrase like 3 times this morning) and he is still capable of putting up big numbers with this kind of talent. It's almost impossible for him not to outside of actual injury.

Tyler Boyd - 110 receptions

Jameson crowder - 100 receptions

CEH - 65 receptions

Colts Hines - 50 receptions

Also apparently Brady was among the tops in the league last year in completion percentage on throws longer than 20 yards downfield. It's been mentioned here many times. Not sure it has the same velocity, but if it's getting caught by the scrubs in New England........

*dodges chair flying*

For sure. But those are monster numbers. 

What are you projecting for Brady for Yards and TDs @Anarchy99 ?
I will give this some thought. But I have concerns with Brady's fit in Tampa. I think BB figured out that Brady could no longer be the driving force of the offense and was more of a use as needed weapon. That's why he shifted to more of a defense and running game roster the past few years. Arians is much more of a big and bold offense and all in favor of longer developing plays and chucking the football down the field. IMO, that isn't Brady's strong suit anymore and he will be much more exposed to taking hits this year. TB mastered the quick out and 2 second release. Maybe Tampa runs a lot more of that and shies away from deep routes, but that's what Brady has been able to run these last few years.

Similarly, I also think the Bucs need to really focus more on what worked for NE . . . ground and bound and a lockdown defense to keep Brady fresh, take less hits, control the clock, and win more games. I am not sure an all out aerial assault will work out. What the offense did with Winston really should not factor in to how it will be with Brady.

I will give this some thought. But I have concerns with Brady's fit in Tampa. I think BB figured out that Brady could no longer be the driving force of the offense and was more of a use as needed weapon. That's why he shifted to more of a defense and running game roster the past few years. Arians is much more of a big and bold offense and all in favor of longer developing plays and chucking the football down the field. IMO, that isn't Brady's strong suit anymore and he will be much more exposed to taking hits this year. TB mastered the quick out and 2 second release. Maybe Tampa runs a lot more of that and shies away from deep routes, but that's what Brady has been able to run these last few years.

Similarly, I also think the Bucs need to really focus more on what worked for NE . . . ground and bound and a lockdown defense to keep Brady fresh, take less hits, control the clock, and win more games. I am not sure an all out aerial assault will work out. What the offense did with Winston really should not factor in to how it will be with Brady.
So you think Godwin will feast?

Cool. Let's hear some numbers. And for Cam too. Thanks. 

Fournette finishes as a top 5 RB. 
I mean, maybe in TD heavy leagues if he gets piles of short, fall in the end zone stuff.  I just don't have any faith in his ability to find daylight.....and maybe there will be huge holes for him to run thru for days......I'm not holding my breath.

No idea what faux NEP fan would say such things, but their card should be revoked.

I HOPE Brady does well and I ASSUME Belichick will do well.

Flag Plant: Drew Brees interfere's with Tommy's plans for a SB matchup with the Dark Lord, but NO loses to NEP on the strength of 2020 MVP Cam's legs.

Cam 3400/21/13, 650/8

Tom 4300/34/9, 50/1

Ravens bounced from the playoffs by a resurgent Steelers team.

Browns improve over 2019 record...by one win.

Raiders go 5-1 or better against their own division.

Mine: Tom Brady excels in Tampa Bay and the Buccaneers make it to the Super Bowl.

What are you projecting for Brady for Yards and TDs @Anarchy99 ?

Cool. Let's hear some numbers. And for Cam too. Thanks. 
@Joe Bryant - let's hear your specific projections and numbers for Brady and the Bucs. Or do you consider Dodds' ranking (or any other other staffer - Henry, Tremblay, Woods) as your definition of "excel?"

I think the Bucs take a leap forward with Brady but they will face competition in their own division with another win-now team in the Saints, so I don't think they are a runaway division leader going into the playoffs, and between these two and the 9ers, I don't think it's going to be easy for the Bucs to reach the big show. To me, I think Brady reaches Top 10, but just -- 4100 yards, 26 TDs, 13 INTs

As for my call, Jacobs wins the rushing title -- surpasses 1300 yards and 10 TDs.

Users who are viewing this thread