What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

Was this title change REALLY necessary? You want the mods to just have all titles go the Rotoworld route?

There was a title for the guy, then it was hidden. Then it was changed twice now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s hilarious. Lighten up, Francis 
I didn’t say it wasn’t funny, I simply commented on the fact that he’s clearly still lurking and is being kinda adversarial which is not a twist I saw coming in this story. You have to admit it’s a weird saga: very active, then gets spooked so changes his name, then that’s not enough so he hides all his threads which is then reversed and becomes a whole “thing”, then has the name change stuff talked about all over the boards and aired out even though it was meant to separate him from the previous identity and a mod must have approved it in the first place, then he leaves but still sticks around to change his thread titles in petty ways?? I mean that’s a roller coaster man, a fun little subplot here on the boards. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t funny, I simply commented on the fact that he’s clearly still lurking and is being kinda adversarial which is not a twist I saw coming in this story. You have to admit it’s a weird saga: very active, then gets spooked so changes his name, then that’s not enough so he hides all his threads which is then reversed and becomes a whole “thing”, then has the name change stuff talked about all over the boards and aired out even though it was meant to separate him from the previous identity and a mod must have approved it in the first place, then he leaves but still sticks around to change his thread titles in petty ways?? I mean that’s a roller coaster man, a fun little subplot here on the boards. 
Yep, kind of strange.  Never seen anything quite like it.

Yep, kind of strange.  Never seen anything quite like it.
Throw in an affair and it could be an episode of Dallas.

I think the Dr tried some of his own meds when he got bored the last 4 months. There was some very bizarre stuff going on, he also had the comments about writing articles for another site and wanting to hide his old ones. 

What are owners thinking tomorrow. He’s locked into my starting lineup. And I didn’t own him last year, so I have less eyeballs on his gameplay. But, he slowly started getting targeted more and more last year. Here’s to hoping for a sophomore star.

What are owners thinking tomorrow. He’s locked into my starting lineup. And I didn’t own him last year, so I have less eyeballs on his gameplay. But, he slowly started getting targeted more and more last year. Here’s to hoping for a sophomore star.
Question is all about volume. He was a monster all season. But, targets. 

Whelp looks like I'm on the A.J. Brown owner wagon; picked him 3.5 in a 12 team non-PPR league (my 1st WR off the board). His early season schedule before the Week 7 BYE isn't bad; only a Week 5 matchup with TreDavious White and Buffalo look scary. He gets a Chris Harris Jr.-less Denver secondary, let's hopefully see him get volume tonight.

A.J. Brown caught 5-of-8 targets for 39 yards in the Titans' Week 1 win over the Broncos.

Brown had just one catch for 12 yards at halftime, but Ryan Tannehill made it a point to get him the ball on quick passes after the break. Brown just wasn't able to break anything off for a big gain. Yards after the catch was his specialty as a rookie. It makes Brown a risk-reward type of play in fantasy, but this passing offense is so concentrated at the top that he should see a healthy amount of targets every week. The eight looks Monday tied Corey Davis for the team lead. Brown will be an upside WR2 for Week 2 against the Jaguars.

Sep 15, 2020, 2:28 AM ET

Watched the whole game. Very troubling that Tannehill seemed to be locked onto Corey Davis most of the night until the back half of the 4th Q. 

This being despite AJ Bouye covering Davis and AJ Brown being covered by a relative nobody. 

Brown had separation all night. Even in the 4th when down 1 point and Brown & Davis lined up beside each other, Brown got so loose on a streak play that he threw his hand up to signal he was open and Tannehill never even looked at him and forced the ball to Davis despite double coverage. 

I mean... I don't know how to look at this any other way than Davis being Tannehill's first read on every play.

If so, that means Brown is not the top dog we thought he was. 

Davis is...

It seemed they ran the same play all night.  Brown would run deep and Davis had the underneath route.  Tannehill went to Davis. That being said we know who Corey Davis is.  AJ Brown is the much bigger threat

Watched the whole game. Very troubling that Tannehill seemed to be locked onto Corey Davis most of the night until the back half of the 4th Q. 

This being despite AJ Bouye covering Davis and AJ Brown being covered by a relative nobody. 

Brown had separation all night. Even in the 4th when down 1 point and Brown & Davis lined up beside each other, Brown got so loose on a streak play that he threw his hand up to signal he was open and Tannehill never even looked at him and forced the ball to Davis despite double coverage. 

I mean... I don't know how to look at this any other way than Davis being Tannehill's first read on every play.

If so, that means Brown is not the top dog we thought he was. 

Davis is...
Hopefully adjustments are made. He could have had a longgggg td on the play you referenced and should have had one on the fade at the end there. 

It seemed they ran the same play all night.  Brown would run deep and Davis had the underneath route.  Tannehill went to Davis. That being said we know who Corey Davis is.  AJ Brown is the much bigger threat
Yes, and you have to think this helps shed some double teams going forward. 

He just flipped from healthy to questionable on my Yahoo app notification.

Don’t remember seeing him in much pain or go down awkward any time Monday. And don’t see much in the news.

He just flipped from healthy to questionable on my Yahoo app notification.

Don’t remember seeing him in much pain or go down awkward any time Monday. And don’t see much in the news.
His leg/knee looked like it got in a weird position while being tackled after a catch on their last drive. I suspect he’s ok though. It’s Wednesday.

A.J. Brown (knee) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Brown was in on 81% of the snaps in the Week 1 win over the Broncos Monday night, turning his eight targets into a disappointing 5-39-0 line. He should be in for a rebound game against the Jaguars this week, provided he's healthy.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Sep 16, 2020, 3:55 PM ET

Like I said last year, so hopeful but he's gotta learn to beat a top corner. He had 1 catch before Bouye got injured

Just heard on the radio that he was absent for the media portion of practice. They seemed concerned about his availability this week. 

Just heard on the radio that he was absent for the media portion of practice. They seemed concerned about his availability this week. 
Rotoworld:

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) did not practice Thursday. 

A missed Thursday practice wouldn't bode well for Brown's Week 2 status. He has a plus matchup this week against a Jaguars defense that just gave up 363 yards to Philip Rivers and the Colts. Corey Davis, who's dealing with a hamstring injury, would likely absorb more target share if Brown misses this week's game. Davis was a limited participant in Thursday's practice. 

RELATED: 

Corey Davis

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 3:02 PM ET

This one’s gonna hurt in short bench leagues. The soft tissue injuries and dings to players are nailing me this year.

Hopefully it’s precautionary and we see him practice tomorrow.

Week to week with a bone bruise per Schefty.
Generally speaking, how long are players usually out with bone bruises? Obv the severity of the bruise is unknown, but looking for a general time frame. He’s def out this week, but I’m glad to hear it’s not a ligament/meniscus issue 

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Brown has been diagnosed with a bone bruise in his knee and will be sidelined "possibly beyond" Week 2 against the Jaguars. 

Things are escalating quickly for Brown, who was limited on Wednesday before being slapped with a "DNP" on Thursday. This could explain Brown's sleepy Monday night performance against the Broncos, though it is unclear when he was first injured. Brown's injury coincides with Corey Davis' surprising Week 1 revival. Davis and an essentially forgotten Adam Humphries would be the biggest beneficiaries in the Titans' receiver corps, while Jonnu Smith's target floor would be solidified. It sounds like an injured reserve stint, which would cost a minimum of three games, could be in Brown's future. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 4:34 PM ET

Generally speaking, how long are players usually out with bone bruises? Obv the severity of the bruise is unknown, but looking for a general time frame. He’s def out this week, but I’m glad to hear it’s not a ligament/meniscus issue 
Not a doctor, but here's what I believe to be the case based on past players I've had who experienced this:

Depends on 2 things: severity and location. 

A "bone bruise" is actually similar to a fracture, in that the bone itself is traumatized. Obviously a knee is going to be worse for a football player than a femur, but it's extremely painful regardless. 

That it's a knee, this could be up to a month. At least based on players I've had with this. It is not ideal. Blood accumulates, there's swelling, and running/cutting are extremely painful. 

A bone bruise is a type of traumatic injury. It's less severe than a bone fracture. It causes blood and fluid to build up in and around your injured bone: You may have symptoms such as pain, swelling, and a change in color of the injured area.
That said, if it's deeper than expected / worse, it could be 6-8 weeks: 

Most bone bruises slowly heal over 2 to 4 months. A larger bone bruise may take longer to heal. You may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months. If your symptoms don't go away, your healthcare provider may order an MRI.
Just a killer of an injury. 

Not a doctor, but here's what I believe to be the case based on past players I've had who experienced this:

Depends on 2 things: severity and location. 

A "bone bruise" is actually similar to a fracture, in that the bone itself is traumatized. Obviously a knee is going to be worse for a football player than a femur, but it's extremely painful regardless. 

That it's a knee, this could be up to a month. At least based on players I've had with this. It is not ideal. Blood accumulates, there's swelling, and running/cutting are extremely painful. 

That said, if it's deeper than expected / worse, it could be 6-8 weeks: 

Just a killer of an injury. 
Ouch, buzzkill. Let’s hope for the best....should have grabbed Davis. 

Ouch, buzzkill. Let’s hope for the best....should have grabbed Davis. 
Sorry about that. Don’t shoot the messenger - the one thing we don’t yet know is severity. There are minor bone bruises that heal more quickly.

that said, that can be risky as well since If he comes back quickly & ends up taking a helmet to the same knee, he’d likely be looking at an extended absence / leave owners in a lurch with a low score in your lineup. 

~ Betty Buzzkill 

I feel you, I’m rocking MT, Godwin, AJB in one and that’s looking rocky right now at least short to medium term.
Same sans MT but I have Lev Bell. Bone bruises are not good and can linger... not expecting him for 2 weeks at least.

ATB said:
Wasn't Bouye on Davis though?
He was mostly on AJ. It looked like they play a side of the field and the Titans had almost no movement which is unusual but clearly they liked all the other matchups as everyone else had their moments

oddsbodkins said:
Same sans MT but I have Lev Bell. Bone bruises are not good and can linger... not expecting him for 2 weeks at least.
We don't know the type or severity of the bone bruise and Vrabel is slick so we probably won't

The average injury time for this is less than one week because the minor ones are oh so common

I'd expect the reporters to dig tomorrow and we'll hopefully know more

He was mostly on AJ. It looked like they play a side of the field and the Titans had almost no movement which is unusual but clearly they liked all the other matchups as everyone else had their moments
I just remember an announcer saying he was confused as to why Tannehill was seemingly force-feeding Corey Davis while AJ Brown was covered by a weaker defender. Also, I know the play that Bouye was injured on was on the right side of the field when covering Davis, and AJ Brown was on the left side of the field most of the night, so...

Users who are viewing this thread