What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

I played Shenault this week in lieu of having this game play or not be played, happy with the results, AJB would need 15+ to beat his production and about 25+ before I would get my feelings hurt. Just want to see him play, not look injured or gimpy and connect on plays with Tannehill. Tough match up tonight, just want to see him active, in the game plan and making progress towards next week. 

I played Shenault this week in lieu of having this game play or not be played, happy with the results, AJB would need 15+ to beat his production and about 25+ before I would get my feelings hurt. Just want to see him play, not look injured or gimpy and connect on plays with Tannehill. Tough match up tonight, just want to see him active, in the game plan and making progress towards next week. 
I'd expect the Bills to bracket AJ and play man with the other two guys with maybe a safety high on Raymond. If Jonnu and/or Henry start balling out early, Bills are in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Titans insider Paul Kuharsky reports A.J. Brown (knee) is expected to play in Week 5 against the Bills.

As is LT Taylor Lewan. It will be Browns first appearance since he initially suffered his bone bruise in Week 1. There are usually concerns with Brown's volume in Tennessee's run-heavy offense, but that won't be an issue Tuesday night since the team will be absent both Corey Davis and Adam Humphries (COVID list). Kalif Raymond and Nick Westbrook are expected to round out the rest of the team's receiving corps.

SOURCE: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

Oct 13, 2020, 9:57 AM ET

I'm just glad Jonnu and Henry are playing to take at least some of the defensive attention. If those guys can get going then the Bills have to start leaving Brown in single-coverage. 

I don't expect for him to get off to a good start tonight.

A.J. Brown (knee) is active for Week 5 against the Bills. 

It will be Brown's first appearance since his 5/39 Week 1 against the Broncos. Brown was perhaps the only person to come out of the Titans' COVID-19 outbreak ahead, as it limited him to two absences instead of three. With Corey Davis and Adam Humphries both on the COVID-19 list, Brown has a nice target floor as a WR3 with WR1 upside. Inactive for the Titans are CB Kristian Fulton, OLB Kamalei Correa, OLB Derick Roberson and OL Daniel Munyer. 

Oct 13, 2020, 5:34 PM ET

We should all be cheering for the Bills to score so AJB can get another TD :)  (right on que) 

A.J. Brown caught 7-of-9 targets for 82 yards and a touchdown in the Titans' Week 5 win over the Bills.

Between his mysterious knee bruise and the Titans' facilities closing due to COVID-19, there was very little news surrounding Brown in recent weeks. Those who stayed patient were rewarded. Brown looked dominant in the first half of the game by creating space with his route running and finishing off plays with his unique power. It was a reminder of how good of a player he is already at 23 years old. His nine targets were partially aided by Corey Davis and Adam Humphries not playing, but this is the ceiling Brown showed late in 2019. Brown will be an upside WR2 play at home against the Texans in Week 6. Houston's secondary has botched assignments this season.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:00 PM ET

Wasn't able to watch the game tonight. How did AJB look? Fully healthy? Did he make it through the whole game without issue?

Wasn't able to watch the game tonight. How did AJB look? Fully healthy? Did he make it through the whole game without issue?
Looked like the AJB we know and love.  Played all the way though with no issues that I could discern.  Excited to have him back in my lineup, now let’s hope he keeps getting the targets!

He scored 21-PPR and from what my league chatter was all night, he was dynamite. I didn't hear of any re-injury. 

1st Video is every catch he made during the game, check it out and tell us what you think 😉

Cheers

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) didn't practice Thursday. 

It could be a precautionary measure for the team's top wideout after the Titans played Tuesday. He caught 7-of-9 targets for 82 yards and a touchdown in Tennessee's win over Buffalo. A missed Friday practice would be concerning for Brown. Fantasy managers shouldn't panic yet. 

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 15, 2020, 3:03 PM ET

A.J. Brown (knee) will play in Week 6 against the Texans.

We can only assume he was held out from practice on Wednesday and Thursday for a quick rest given the team's short turnaround following Tuesday's win. Brown was a full participant on Friday and will enter Week 6 as a high-end WR2 against Houston's secondary.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 16, 2020, 3:50 PM ET

A.J. Brown caught 5-of-7 targets for 57 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Titans' Week 6 win over the Texans. 

Brown has now caught 12 passes for 139 yards and three touchdowns in six days after previously not playing since Week 1 because of a knee injury and the Titans' coronavirus outbreak. His scores went for six and seven yards, with No. 2 coming with four seconds remaining in regulation. He beat Bradley Roby 1-on-1 in the back left corner of the end zone. The seven looks were still a somewhat disappointing total with Corey Davis on the COVID-19 list and Jonnu Smith departing early with an ankle issue, but the Titans are trying to be proactive in getting Brown the ball. The WR2 has a tough Week 7 assignment in the Steelers. 

Oct 18, 2020, 4:43 PM ET

I got AJ in a 12 team redraft 4:2.  Finally getting returns.  I had DK targeted in the next round with pick 5:11 but he was taken 5:9.  I got McLaurin instead.  ANd as we all know not nearly as good.  Oh well. 

A.J. Brown WR | TEN

Titans' A.J. Brown: Absent from practice

(3 mins ago) Brown wasn't present during the media-access portion of Thursday's practice, Turron Davenport of ESPN.com reports.

Brown didn't appear on the Titans' first Week 7 injury report that was released Wednesday, so it won't be known until Thursday's practice concludes why he was absent. The wideout missed two games earlier in the season while recovering from a bone bruise in his knee, but he proceeded to handle 71 and 84 percent offensive snap shares in Weeks 5 and 6, respectively, totaling a combined 12 receptions for 138 yards and three touchdowns on 16 targets in wins over the Bills and Texans.

I don't think Brown will be at practice every time the rest of the season.  It's obvious he is the most advanced WR they got, he and Tannehill are completely in synch it seems. I'm not even trying to insinuate that Brown is the only weapon, he's not. But he executes his targets with precision and does about as good a job as you can as a WR in your 2nd season. He just has that "it" factor you can't coach or teach. 

Titans are now 12-3 under Ryan Tannehill, this combo has a lot to do with that record. 

I don't think Brown will be at practice every time the rest of the season.  It's obvious he is the most advanced WR they got, he and Tannehill are completely in synch it seems. I'm not even trying to insinuate that Brown is the only weapon, he's not. But he executes his targets with precision and does about as good a job as you can as a WR in your 2nd season. He just has that "it" factor you can't coach or teach. 

Titans are now 12-3 under Ryan Tannehill, this combo has a lot to do with that record. 
Absolutely love AJ Brown. Have him in one league and looking to acquire him in another league perhaps... The ladder league my WR's include: T Hill, Golladay, DK Metcalf, which is pretty solid as is. The other team wants my QB Josh Allen straight up for AJ Brown. My other QB is Watson. Not asking for advice, just stating facts. 

Amazing how good Tannehill looks right now...like Rich Gannon part 2 (a QB late in his career really figuring it out)...on a side-note there is no question that Vrabel is the real deal as a HC...he has always had a great leadership personality but there is no question he learned a ton from two of the greats in BB and Urban Meyer.

A.J. Brown (knee) returned to practice Friday.

Much like last week, Brown was absent on Thursday and returned to the field the following day. This could just be his new in-season regimen to help in his recovery moving forward. Brown is expected to play and remains ranked as RotoPat's WR18 for Week 7.

DFS Slant:

Brown makes for an interesting tournament play in Week 7. His opponent, Pittsburgh, has a tough defense, but the Steelers have allowed the 10th most fantasy points to receivers this season. For more details, check out the NFL GPP Pivots article by Spencer Limbach. 

SOURCE: Erik Bacharach on Twitter

Oct 23, 2020, 1:20 PM ET

Worth Allen Robinson and a mid 2021 1st?
He's still gotta beat top corners but otherwise what more could you want vibe.

Davis probably walks and the Titans have never spent on WRs (except Humphries) so assume they draft someone or cheap veteran. Jonnu is a reasonable re-sign but if he wants to break the bank, he's gone. Firkser is a fine receiving TE but poor blocker and that makes him without question not a starter.

Even with 2021 changes, I can't imagine Brown taking a hit. If anything they'll rely on him more

So frustrating watching Corey #######g Davis out target him 2:1. Makes zero sense 
What if AJ Brown is covered and Davis is open on these targets? If you get a chance to re-watch or view it thru one fo the many NFL resources, I'd love to hear if Brown was open and just being overlooked by Tannehill. I was also frustrated so I feel your pain, I never released Davis even thru the Covid in case Brown re-inured or had a set back. 

Steelers are very good - that’s all.

has nothing to do with Corey Davis v AJ Brown.

if anything, THEE reason Corey is getting looks is only because the Steelers defense is legit. Taking away AJ and Henry with ease 

What if AJ Brown is covered and Davis is open on these targets? If you get a chance to re-watch or view it thru one fo the many NFL resources, I'd love to hear if Brown was open and just being overlooked by Tannehill. I was also frustrated so I feel your pain, I never released Davis even thru the Covid in case Brown re-inured or had a set back. 
I’m watching that game. Certainly not watching the all 22, just a normal broadcast, but Tannehill often isn’t even looking at his side of the field.   I think sometimes you have to feed your studs and give them a chance regardless. He’s a difference maker every single time he gets the ball.  

A.J. Brown caught 6-of-8 targets for 153 yards and a touchdown in the Titans' Week 7 loss to the Steelers.

Brown remains one of the NFL's top playmakers at receiver. After a two-touchdown game last week, Brown ripped off a 72-yard score after catching a pass over the middle. There are few players who can match Brown's size and speed combination. Despite seeing 1-2 fewer targets per game than others ranked near him, Brown is fully entrenched into WR2 fantasy rankings regardless of matchup. 

- Rotoworld

burgundy and gold said:
wr 2 ?  <_<
Yeah I also wondered if I was in the minority.  I consider AJ a must start WR1 the rest of the year unless he is facing a particular cover man.  Even then WR2,

Users who are viewing this thread