What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

In redraft he should be a good pick next year.  Great candidate to outproduce his draft slot.  See Metcalf, Mclauren and Chark as similar guys.

AJ’s stock value has skyrocketed over the past few weeks.  What a gem he is turning out to be.  After Jacobs, AJ has to be the undisputed 1.02 in dynasty leagues now.

I agree- prior to the nfl draft it was a debate between these 2 and Harry. Metcalf looks like a hit and has stayed healthy. Harry has been out performed by other rookies and FAs and has even prompted NE to go out and desperately search for WRs. 

I would prefer Brown as well to any wr in that class

If Tannehill was on TEN in 2018 and had the kind of success he is having today, I think Brown would have been the undisputed 1.02, maybe 1.01 as Jacob's had some questionmarks. 

If a rookie re-draft were held today it would be close between him and Metcalf, probably Brown in most cases, for 1.02 
To be fair, New England is not a rookie friendly landing spot for a WR.

Not so sure about that...  Many WRs, including polished veterans, have struggled with the Pats offense and getting on the same page with Brady.
maybe. I'm pretty certain dynasty guys were salivating over Harry going to NE whereas Brown was pretty much sent to purgatory. 

Harry was a common 1.02, whereas Brown was a late 1st/early 2nd round pick after being considered a potential 1.01 or 1.02

maybe. I'm pretty certain dynasty guys were salivating over Harry going to NE whereas Brown was pretty much sent to purgatory. 

Harry was a common 1.02, whereas Brown was a late 1st/early 2nd round pick after being considered a potential 1.01 or 1.02
I had them Brown, Harry, Metcalf...  if I recall, Metcalf had a surgical procedure late summer and there was some concern about his agility metrics and that he could be one trick pony.  I have been pleasantly surprised by Metcalf and am still optimistic about Harry - although he'll have endure the Brady replacement.  Who knows how that will go?

I had them Brown, Harry, Metcalf...  if I recall, Metcalf had a surgical procedure late summer and there was some concern about his agility metrics and that he could be one trick pony.  I have been pleasantly surprised by Metcalf and am still optimistic about Harry - although he'll have endure the Brady replacement.  Who knows how that will go?
Harry's destination was a questionable one long term. I had the same ranking of those 3, however I had Metcalf lower and 3. I wanted to like him but just screamed David Boston gym rat and had some questionable injuries. He has proven me wrong so far as well. 

Brown is looking like a home run in this class so far. stoked to have him

I hate say I t.........
I'll give credit where credit is due, but I dont see a post in here after he was drafted to TEN saying to keep him ranked high. If your faith didnt falter at all after he was drafted, bravo. 

I certainly learned a valuable lesson regarding talent/scenario with him, and I'm happy I own him where I do. 

He got his short game and intermediate game working, had a couple nice blocks where he had to run toward the ball and get involved, that was a real big game for him. Very special to see improvement each week.

I was extremely down on Harry during my rookie drafts held in May. In one league in particular I held the 1.04 (and 1.05) and was kind of pissed that I missed out on Montgomery who I really wanted. I couldn't find a deal to save my life to move one of my two picks back. So I snagged Harry (plugged my nose) and Metcalf (who I wasn't walking away without). Later the 1.10 took AJ Brown who he didn't like and started offering him around. So I gave him Harry for AJ Brown and the 2.02, where I ended up taking Singletary. My favorite deal of the year it turns out. 

I started Brown this week over Crowder and Metcalf and am in the finals. 

I could have traded TY for him but didn’t push hard enough and then TY gets injured during discussions.  :wall:

At least I have him keepable for a 15th in 3-man keeper league where cost goes up two rounds each season that kept. I offered him around to teams that were out of it near the deadline for a guy to help me win this season, but no takers.

This guy is everything that they expected Corey Davis to be, even when you take into account the Mariota factor.

Dr. Dan said:
I'll give credit where credit is due, but I dont see a post in here after he was drafted to TEN saying to keep him ranked high. If your faith didnt falter at all after he was drafted, bravo. 

I certainly learned a valuable lesson regarding talent/scenario with him, and I'm happy I own him where I do. 

I can affirm that the Corey Davis excuse making is real and so easy to do for me. He was hurt most of his rookie year and had like 25% of his targets from Blaine Gabbert last year. And probably other 25% or so from a gimpy Mariota. And he still had ~900 yards. Very easy to justify that we haven’t had the chance to to witness anything but flashes of his true ability his first couple years. 

Brown was my #2 wr predraft and I think I’m keeping him there despite still liking Corey Davis and the Titans passing game being underwhelming to say the least. Betting on talent finding its level here.
Ignore all that Corey Davis chatter. I was ecstatic to get AJB at 8 in one league after keeping him ranked high despite landing spot. He’ll be starting for me this week in my championship. Although I did pass on him twice in another league to acquire 2020 firsts. Your overall point still stands though, he was dropped several spots by most people after landing in Tenn. Good to get one right for once.

Lattimore is worrisome 

Not loving the matchup this week. Saints defense has shut a lot of teams down. I don't think I can bench him though.

Would he shadow him in the slot? 
It's got me hedging a start or not. Saints D riding high right now. AJ Brown is a monster stud WR and is performing like the #1 rookie WR on a TEN team. Tough call - to start, or not to start. I guess it depends upon ones options. I'm seeing AJ Brown in the ranks of a WR 3/even 4 this week. For my teams he's in the conservation with Metcalf, Miller, Lockett, Woods, Sutton, and even Edelman.

One would also have to think that if Lattimore covers him he too will be up for the rookie challenge licking his chops.

At this stage in the season riding momentum and solid play prevails for me. I just don't see how I can sit this guy. He's now a target and Tannehill is playing well and very accurate.

It's got me hedging a start or not. Saints D riding high right now. AJ Brown is a monster stud WR and is performing like the #1 rookie WR on a TEN team. Tough call - to start, or not to start. I guess it depends upon ones options. I'm seeing AJ Brown in the ranks of a WR 3/even 4 this week. For my teams he's in the conservation with Metcalf, Miller, Lockett, Woods, Sutton, and even Edelman.

One would also have to think that if Lattimore covers him he too will be up for the rookie challenge licking his chops.

At this stage in the season riding momentum and solid play prevails for me. I just don't see how I can sit this guy. He's now a target and Tannehill is playing well and very accurate.
After last two weeks I think you can only bench him for wr1 material. He'd be above all the guys you mentioned and indeed I am playing him over Miller. 

I had AJB say wr1 predraft and my wr3 or 4 post draft- I'll have to dig up my rankings. 

for the most part he was drafted hoping TEN found a qb
I had him wayyyy down when they stuck with Mariota to start the year.

Tannehill's slightly better than average self is demonstrating just how much time this team wasted with MM.  They have a team/players that can win when the QB just does his job.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s been a monster, no doubt - I’m riding with him this week too.  

That being said,  I can see myself maybe considering benching him for Boone - if both Cook/Mattison are ruled out by Saturday. 

Really debating  playing perriman over him this week, i just don’t love his matchup and who else is going to get those Winston targets. Am I thinking crazy!? Somebody slap some sense into me!

Really debating  playing perriman over him this week, i just don’t love his matchup and who else is going to get those Winston targets. Am I thinking crazy!? Somebody slap some sense into me!
That's what I'm doing. Why risk a Lattimore shutdown? I'm not playing Tannehill either.

oddsbodkins said:
That's what I'm doing. Why risk a Lattimore shutdown? I'm not playing Tannehill either.
I totally agree with you for FF. 

The CB hasn't seemed to matter yet in his career.  (Year 2 could be different but...) If a CB is all over him and can't be shook, he uses his strength to muscle the guy.  Still...I wouldn't start him in a championship game. He's had great games, he's not a stud yet. You've gotta have other options.

For DFS, Tajae or Jonnu could be the guy to take a chance on

A.J. Brown caught 1-of-2 targets for 34 yards and rushed for a 49-yard touchdown in the Titans' Week 16 loss to the Saints.

Brown was draped in Marshon Lattimore's coverage much of the afternoon and wasn't even targeted until deep into the fourth quarter, making an over-the-shoulder catch for his lone grab. Earlier in the game, Brown took a hand-off and rumbled through the defense for his rushing score. Nobody wants to tackle this guy in the open field. He'll be a high-ceiling WR3 next week at Houston after going 8-114-1 against the Texans in Week 15.
If you started him you're braver than I am and lucky. Lattimore had him shut down but he salvaged his day with that run.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with you for FF. 

The CB hasn't seemed to matter yet in his career.  (Year 2 could be different but...) If a CB is all over him and can't be shook, he uses his strength to muscle the guy.  Still...I wouldn't start him in a championship game. He's had great games, he's not a stud yet. You've gotta have other options.

For DFS, Tajae or Jonnu could be the guy to take a chance on
Good call

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
It's concerning that Tannehill didn't look his way often. Not to steal one writer's point of view, but to agree. If the plan is to go elsewhere, that's reasonable but the guy is working against one of the best, giving it his all- he's owed a look. Those two have great chemistry and it can handle an issue or bad game or whatever. I'm not worried here, just making a note.

I'm thrilled to have a stud for the first time ever (yep, sad) and AJ's attitude and mindset are wonderful. I don't want the NFL to turn him into Moss or Odell etc and start whining for the ball and complaining often. 

This guy has physical tools and passes the eye test.  There was a lot excitement given his last few weeks, and I'm sure he was a staple in championship and DFS lineups yesterday.

But how is it that Tannehill never looked his way until the game was practically over?  I'd love if some analyst looks back and sees if the coverage was indeed tight, or if Tannehill just made up his mind to avoid Lattimore, much like some QBs just avoid Stephon Gilmore.    If he didn't have the 49 yard run, we'd all be very sad.

Where does this guy rank in keeper formats for next year?

AJ Brown shows shiftiness, speed on impressive 49-yard TD run

Titans' A.J. Brown hits afterburners on first career rushing TD

Excerpt:

Brown hit a top speed of 20.4 mph on the run, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. It is his seventh play of the season of at least 45 yards, breaking a tie with the Chargers' Mike Williams and the Vikings' Stefon Diggs for the most such plays in the NFL this season, according the ESPN Stats & Information. It is the longest run by a Titans/Oilers receiver since Billy "White Shoes" Johnson in 1977, the Elias Sports Bureau confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread