What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edwards-Helaire - If You Were Drafting Tonight In PPR Redraft League (1 Viewer)

Where do you rank Clyde Edwards-Helaire overall in a redraft PPR League tonight?

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 5 4.1%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 26 21.3%

Votes: 34 27.9%

Votes: 21 17.2%

Votes: 8 6.6%

Votes: 9 7.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 5.7%

• After 1.12

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
Can't hop him above the big 3.  But I'd take him at 4 now.  He's gonna be good and I have no shares of him and it sucks.
Would still take Kamara over him... I think. It'd be close. So top 5 knowing this could be a bit of a knee jerk reaction. 

Concerned that CEH couldn't punch it in near the goalline, but that could be HOU run D being good near the goalline.  But CEH looked great otherwise and I love the volume.

I would still take CMC, Saquon and Zeke before him, but it would be hard to pass on him at 1.4

I was one of the skeptics who wasn’t touching him at a first round price.

I’m a believer now. 

His dominance in touches was impressive. I expected more touches to be distributed among the stable of RB’s early in the season. 25 carries and 2 targets? Count me in.

I suspect that pass blocking is still going to limit his receiving opportunities more than people realize, but I’ll gladly trade 1 target for 2 carries in an offense where you simply can’t stack the box against him. What last night showed is that Reid, like BB, is going to take the air out of the ball if the matchup or game flow dictates.

In a related story, Mahomes is no longer a 1st or 2nd rounder for me. I think this season may be sort of maddening for Mahomes owners. Reid is going to exploit the fear of Mahomes to spring CEH. It controls the game clock and puts Mahomes in danger less often. What better recipe for a return to the Super Bowl than a healthy Mahomes picking apart your D with play action while sporting a clean jersey?

I still take him 5-6, ahead of Cooks & Kamara (for the risk factors) but behind CMC, Barkley, EZE, Thomas & Henry. I think the catches are coming for CEH, but Henry is a proven beast, so I probably still give him the nod over the relatively unknowns with CEH (durability, receptions, timeshare, etc) 

In a related story, Mahomes is no longer a 1st or 2nd rounder for me.
I don't think any QB is. I've got Mahomes as an anchor of a dynasty team, but for redraft I think it does more harm than good to take a QB that high with such incredible depth at the position and such a drop-off at others (RB, especially). 

That said, Houston was smothered the 1st half & this game got out of hand quickly. I think KC will throw plenty - this game was a bit like week 3 of the preseason in feel. Very conservative offenses on both sides. Mahomie will have plenty of big games this year. 

In a related story, Mahomes is no longer a 1st or 2nd rounder for me. I think this season may be sort of maddening for Mahomes owners. Reid is going to exploit the fear of Mahomes to spring CEH. It controls the game clock and puts Mahomes in danger less often. What better recipe for a return to the Super Bowl than a healthy Mahomes picking apart your D with play action while sporting a clean jersey?
This changed for you after last night's game?

I’d still take Cook ahead of CEH. Goal line and 3rd down usage is concerning. He looked good but played a Swiss cheese defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure - CMC, Barkley, Zeke

Maybes - Thomas, Kamara, Cook

Possibly - Henry, Adams

6-8 seems like the right range. i don’t see game 1 moving the needle on his ADP,  but it does solidly justify it. 
That was my exact thoughts, landed on 6 for the poll. Lots of great signs for CEH but also he faced a bad  defense, he didn’t catch any passes and got stuffed on the GL 6 times. That’s both a reason to be excited for his upside but also raise a couple of concerns.

I'd let him slide, frankly, but everyone knows how I feel about him.

McCaffrey
Barkley
Zeke
Cook
Henry
Jacobs
Sanders
Kamara

I take all of these guys before him. He faced six in the box for 90 yards of his last night. When he didn't, he ran straight into brick walls and fell down. I re-watched the performance. I'd be really concerned about the six times inside the five and ten times inside the ten with zero points. Mike Clay had him at a whopping 32 OFP last night, which means his FOPR was -12. That says two things about last night:

• He got insane volume and insane opportunity last night
  • He wasn't efficient with his touches
So we're left with the conundrum whether the volume will remain consistent and whether last night was a true measure of his efficiency. It all depends on those two things. If you think Reid is going to keep handing him the ball, or that his efficiency will go up, then you pick him before some of the guys I listed. If you don't, then those guys look better.

I drafted at 1.05 and took Cook.  I considered CEH for a few seconds.   I would take CEH now.  The goal line carries weren’t pretty but he will score some TDS.   I also expect catches to increase a ton over the season.  The KC O is going to be unstoppable all season.  Sign me up for the RB in that O. 

Holy over reactions Batman.  Can we do David Johnson next?  Is Watkins bumping Adams out of the first round?  For the guys now taking him at 3, is David Johnson inked in at #2?

By the way, the OP did say PPR.  You do realize he had zero receptions last night?  

Holy over reactions Batman.  Can we do David Johnson next?  Is Watkins bumping Adams out of the first round?  For the guys now taking him at 3, is David Johnson inked in at #2?

By the way, the OP did say PPR.  You do realize he had zero receptions last night?  
With further thought, I'll correct my rankings.

CMac

Gibson

CEH

DJ

Barkley

For sure - CMC, Barkley, Zeke

Maybes - Thomas, Kamara, Cook

Possibly - Henry, Adams

6-8 seems like the right range. i don’t see game 1 moving the needle on his ADP,  but it does solidly justify it. 
Nah not taking Zeke over him. Offense is going to be to good. 

Surprised by the bolded. Makes me feel pretty good about having him as an RB2.
Yeah, I'm expecting Sanders to pick up where he left off last year, health willing. His coach called him a bell cow even though the coach himself likes RBBC.

But I'd expect everyone to take what I say about CEH with a grain of salt. And some of runs last night were scintillating -- he made some decent backers whiff badly. McKinney's whiff on the touchdown run was especially masochistic for me, as I have McKinney as my LB3 or LB4 in IDP. So that was double the fun. 

eta* I might walk those eight guys back a bit. I'm not sure he's not over Henry and Jacobs in PPR. I think those guys are going to continue to come off of the field in those situations. Regardless of what the coaches say, their actions speak towards it.

1.04-1.05

Would take Barkley/McAffrey/Elliot for sure ahead of him.  Coin flip between CEH and Kamara.

CEH will start getting involved more in the passing game as the season progresses.  He was great out of the backfield in college.  He didn’t forget how to catch.

Really really really really really really really really

Like CEH on a historically amazing offense over Barkley on a garbage team and Zeke, who actually won't catch passes, on a good offense. 

Eh, most defenses they face will a) noy employ the death by a 1,000 cuts defense Houston played last night, and b) not be able to successfully pull off that defense even if they tried it.   The Chiefs are a big play offense and they are not suddenly going to become a dink and dunk offense just because one game forced them to play that way very successfully. 

Like CEH on a historically amazing offense over Barkley on a garbage team and Zeke, who actually won't catch passes, on a good offense. 
Hey, Zeke and CEH have the same number of receptions this year

David Johnson looked real good last night. More ypc and more catches than CEH. Maybe he moved ahead of CEH based on last night's performance. He wasn't stuffed 6 times.

I can share he went 1.03 in my league and that was done 45 minutes prior to Kickoff on Thursday so the hype was already out of control...I would assume many will feel good about taking him after the Top 4 RBs are gone and then still others will figure to rely on some track record and go Cook/Henry but CEH is likely going as high as 5 and above now in the 1st Round. 

Crazy 

Knowing what we know... 1.4

Easily over Kamara for me due to Kamara's injury cloud

If I knew Dalvin Cook would not have contract issues, I'd put him in from of CEH, but as I know don't know what kind of hold in might play out, CEH is strong for me.

Users who are viewing this thread