What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

League Dominator App $10? (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
This year the app jumped to $10? 

For subscribers who have already paid for the service in web format? 

$5 was a good price point to add the incremental increase of convenience over using the MyFBG web page. Anyone else feel like this is a bit overkill for reworking data that we are already paying for once? 

I look at it this way - I like FBG. I don’t mind supporting FBG. It’s a terrible year for folks in businesses related to anything involving live sports, FF included. 

Were I doing a live draft with friends & wanted to use DD (something my friends would heckle me relentlessly for, btw) I would pay up the extra $5 to help out FBG in what’s undoubtedly a down year.

If FBG put up a gofundme to keep the lights on, I’d happily kick in $10 there, so not a lot of difference other than getting the app out of it. 

Thanks for posting this. I kept thinking I was missing something, having subscribed I still need to pay for the app?
I don't mind paying a bit for the app. $3-5 is pretty standard range for this... I get it's a value add over the subscription. 

Hell, If the app was a total standalone product, I could possibly understand the $10 price tag.

HOWEVER..... Raising the price from $5 to $10 on folks that are ALREADY paying for that data via subscriptions put a bad taste in my mouth. :thumbdown:

The League Dominator mobile app in the App Store and Google Play Store is separate from the Footballguys Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscriptions. This was how it had always been up through 2018.

In 2019, we tried making it part of the Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscriptions. And unfortunately, failed miserably there. In a completely different ecosystem of IOS or Android, we simply couldn't make it work and deliver the quality product and customer service we needed to provide. We were forced to make a decision between dropping the Draft Dominator mobile app, or allowing it to stand on its own as it had every year prior to 2019. We love the app and chose to allow it to stand on its own.

But we also want to bring as much value as possible to folks that purchased the Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscription. So we poured everything we could into improving the Online League Dominator that is included with every Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscription. It has every functionality of the mobile app. It is better than ever this year and the much larger screen capabilities give what most people feel is a far superior experience on desktops and laptops. You have full access to the Online League Dominator with your Season Long Pro or All-Pro subscription.

The League Dominator mobile app in the App Store and Google Play Store is separate from the Footballguys Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscriptions. This was how it had always been up through 2018.

In 2019, we tried making it part of the Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscriptions. And unfortunately, failed miserably there. In a completely different ecosystem of IOS or Android, we simply couldn't make it work and deliver the quality product and customer service we needed to provide. We were forced to make a decision between dropping the Draft Dominator mobile app, or allowing it to stand on its own as it had every year prior to 2019. We love the app and chose to allow it to stand on its own.

But we also want to bring as much value as possible to folks that purchased the Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscription. So we poured everything we could into improving the Online League Dominator that is included with every Season Long Pro and All-Pro subscription. It has every functionality of the mobile app. It is better than ever this year and the much larger screen capabilities give what most people feel is a far superior experience on desktops and laptops. You have full access to the Online League Dominator with your Season Long Pro or All-Pro subscription.

Gotcha, So the league dominator will offer an entire season of team management, projections, etc for that $10 even if you don't pay the Season Long subscription?

That makes a bit more sense. How do your teams sync into the app without My FBG? I'm intrigued now. 👍🏼

Can you have the Online League Dominator stop asking us to download the app please?

Moniker said:
Can you have the Online League Dominator stop asking us to download the app please?
Hi @Moniker @KingPrawn @bcnfinance  can you give me more detail here? Exactly what are you seeing and exactly what device / broswer / operating system are you using for the Online League Dominator to see this? Thanks. 

so i saw it's $8 if you've already purchased the draft dominator app

seriously though, last year this league dominator app was garbage.  thing does not work.  anyone out there tryin it this year?  does it even work?

edit:  i saw joe's post above.  perhaps the dev team's attention to it improved the league dominator functionality.  i love the concept but i literally abandoned it last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i saw it's $8 if you've already purchased the draft dominator app

seriously though, last year this league dominator app was garbage.  thing does not work.  anyone out there tryin it this year?  does it even work?

edit:  i saw joe's post above.  perhaps the dev team's attention to it improved the league dominator functionality.  i love the concept but i literally abandoned it last year.
I had no problem at all with it last year.  Worked perfectly fine and seemingly identical to this year.

That's why it's not working for me  :thumbdown:  and I will NOT download for $13.99 (Canadian).  It should be included in all PRO plans - just my  :2cents:

Android phone and tablet using Google chrome

Same pop-up everytime I open

Would you like to download as an app
And it says the app has better features. Where @Joe Bryant says they are equal. Only reason I paid for the app was because I thought I was getting something different than I get online with my subscription. 

Direct quote when you open the league dominator online thru FBG:

"Download this as an app! 

The best League Dominator experience is through our mobile app. Would you like to download it now? "

Sure seems to imply that you get more with the app than you do with the online version. 

Thanks for the headsup on this and we'll get the message removed. I didn't realize it was showing up like that and I agree that's annoying. 

Thanks for the solid answer and responsiveness here, Joe -- saw that three paragraph overview of direction elsewhere, and it made sense and a great thing you are doing for subscribers by making a free online version to them.

Can you confirm that that there is absolutely no difference between the online and app version in terms of features and operability? Just want to clarify. 

And one suggestion - maybe looking at the # of app downloaders who are not subscribers vs. those that are -- and the trajectory of change of that ratio over the last few years -- could give you the financial modeling ability to see if you can offer current subscribers the app at a discount rate, and still keep the app profitable and covering COVID-related and any other business needs keeping a $10 price for non-subscribers. 

I know I would pay a couple of bucks for the app on top of the subscription for the convenience and giving something more to FBG. But wouldn't do both at $10. Not sure how many feel the same way I do (you could poll and test) but the incremental revenue from people like me may offset those who aren't subscribing this year given price point rise.

Either way, thanks again for the responsiveness here, and giving subscribers the free desktop option -- that's solid.

The message is gone in a version I just uploaded (you may have to read it one more time to get the updated version)

It was not designed to show on every visit. I apologize that it did.

It was fairly accurate in that it referred to the experience which is better in the app than dealing with the address bars of safari. It didn't explictly say there were more features (there are not) but I do agree it could have been clearer. It was written last year when the app was free and it was an oversight on my part not to remove or amend it for 2020.

Can you confirm that that there is absolutely no difference between the online and app version in terms of features and operability? Just want to clarify. 
No difference other than it's a little better with more screen space

Unfortunately the app store does not give us the ability to offer the same app at a lower price to a subset of users.

Last year we discovered that free apps with in app purchases just get ignored by Apple's search algorithms. That was our experience at least and it wasn't commercially viable.

Thanks again for all the feedback here - we appreciate it.

The message is gone in a version I just uploaded (you may have to read it one more time to get the updated version)

It was not designed to show on every visit. I apologize that it did.

It was fairly accurate in that it referred to the experience which is better in the app than dealing with the address bars of safari. It didn't explictly say there were more features (there are not) but I do agree it could have been clearer. It was written last year when the app was free and it was an oversight on my part not to remove or amend it for 2020.

No difference other than it's a little better with more screen space

Unfortunately the app store does not give us the ability to offer the same app at a lower price to a subset of users.

Last year we discovered that free apps with in app purchases just get ignored by Apple's search algorithms. That was our experience at least and it wasn't commercially viable.

Thanks again for all the feedback here - we appreciate it.
Love it! Thanks for the quick response/update.

Thanks for the solid answer and responsiveness here, Joe -- saw that three paragraph overview of direction elsewhere, and it made sense and a great thing you are doing for subscribers by making a free online version to them.

And one suggestion - maybe looking at the # of app downloaders who are not subscribers vs. those that are -- and the trajectory of change of that ratio over the last few years -- could give you the financial modeling ability to see if you can offer current subscribers the app at a discount rate, and still keep the app profitable and covering COVID-related and any other business needs keeping a $10 price for non-subscribers. 

I know I would pay a couple of bucks for the app on top of the subscription for the convenience and giving something more to FBG. But wouldn't do both at $10. Not sure how many feel the same way I do (you could poll and test) but the incremental revenue from people like me may offset those who aren't subscribing this year given price point rise.

Either way, thanks again for the responsiveness here, and giving subscribers the free desktop option -- that's solid.
Thanks for the good words. 

Pro tip for iOS: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/add-a-web-link-to-home-screen-iphone-ipad/#:~:text=Launch Safari on your ‌iPhone‌,tap Add to Home Screen.

This will add a bookmark to the league dominator on your device's homescreen, and launch it without the safari address and bookmark bars.

This still falls a little short of the mobile app, because it won't save state when you switch out of it and into another app. And it still doesn't get the full use of the screen. But it's something of a halfway house between the app and running it in mobile safari.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread