What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If your draft were held today where would you take Jonathan Taylor? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Unfortunately, it looks like Marlon Mack may have torn (fingers crossed this isn’t the case) his Achilles . If Mack is gone for the season, what round would you draft Jonathan Taylor if your draft were held today?

I would say mid to late second round. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s his Achilles not his ACL, but yes I doubt you’re getting him at the 2/3 turn anymore. Especially that he has shown once and for all that he can, and will, get receptions

Would draft him at RB 8 before Jacobs, Mixon, Chubb, Drake based on passing work, that OL, and the easiest RB SOS in football.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s his Achilles not his ACL, but yes I doubt you’re getting him at the 2/3 turn anymore. Especially that he has shown once and for all that he can, and will, get receptions
Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll edit my post.

PPR 2nd round. Hines takes a lot of points away from him. 

naturally, I faced him today. I’m probably gonna eke it out thanks fo Ridley, Crowder & Zeke balling out, but I liked Taylor better when Mack was soaking up carries. 

he’s gonna be good though. 

Early 2nd round. Roughly RB10. Somewhere near the top of the heap of the Mixon/Chubb/Drake/Ekeler/Sanders/AJones group.

He looks to be in line for 250 carries and has shown he's capable of contributing to the passing game. Hines can continue to get his through the air and Taylor still looks able to to pull in 2+ catches per game.

Would draft him at RB 8 before Jacobs, Mixon, Chubb, Drake based on passing work, that OL, and the easiest RB SOS in football.

Crazy talk. 

Almost a year-long bump to gloat but yeah...think of it as a reminder that some people on this board have actual thoughts and contribute while others simply mock and contribute nothing.

Taylor finishes as the #4 RB. Jacobs #8. Mixon #49. Chubb #9. Drake #12.

Almost a year-long bump to gloat but yeah...think of it as a reminder that some people on this board have actual thoughts and contribute while others simply mock and contribute nothing.

Interesting bump. Congrats on your callout that Taylor would finish where he did (I had a share of him last year and wound up happy). To be clear, however, you might want to refer to the Taylor thread where we discussed the ups and downs of his performance at length. Really good discussion there. Lastly, to poke at people that have more than 34,000 posts compared to your 145 about contributing seems a bit misguided. We all make calls on what we see, and hope we’re right (in context, Taylor didn’t pop until week 11, Chubb and Mixon missed time, and yes Drake was underwhelming). Sometimes we’re not. Hope you stick around and discuss your flag players this season and offer the contribution you don’t seem to believe exists around here. Cheers. 

Still would have been a terrible call to draft him in the 1st, when you could have gotten him in every draft in the 2nd round, and in most drafts in the 3rd round.

In dynasty leagues I would definitely draft him over Elliott, Montgomery, Chubb, Gibson, Swift, Jacobs, Robinson, CEH, A Jones, Robinson, Sanders, and finally, yes, I would take him over Henry.  He is 27 and that does matter long term when Henry doesn't get any usage in the passing game.

An old thread but I will join the current thoughts. I just got him at 2.01 though in a keeper league. In a redraft league last month I got him at 2.02.

I still think he has first round value but that is assuming Wentz can stay healty

Users who are viewing this thread