What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HC Mike McCarthy, DAL (1 Viewer)

There aren't any specific Cowboys players I dislike anymore and I'd kinda like to see McCarthy succeed and yet... Dallas losing will never not be funny to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude really called out his team for not angrily reacting to dalton being knocked out; unfortunately for MM, he's lost the locker room I think especially considering random players are going to Slater to tattle on him. More unfortunately for Cowboy fans, he's not being fired; they will fire Nolan before anything 

dude really called out his team for not angrily reacting to dalton being knocked out; unfortunately for MM, he's lost the locker room I think especially considering random players are going to Slater to tattle on him. More unfortunately for Cowboy fans, he's not being fired; they will fire Nolan before anything 
Firing Nolan is the first step, and it certainly won't make the team worse. 

So, let’s see. After 6 games, the team is already lost. Players openly saying the staff-

1. Is unprepared

2. Doesn’t teach

3. Doesn’t adjust

but somehow- he’s the right guy for the job? Breathtakingly detached from reality.

The Cowboys don’t win because they are run so poorly. It is really that simple.
From what I’ve read the complaining player was Carr who was unhappy about his lack of playing time and was cut

I could be wrong 

I agree about no one going after Bostic being bull#### 

@AndrewBrandt

Dontari Poe, signed while overweight and released overweight, earned almost $4M from Jerry Jones for seven games and leaves behind $3.4M on the Cowboys Cap. Nice work on the business of football by the player.

And the Dallas Cowboys sink to 2-7 on the season, still just 1 win out of 1st place in the ever evolving NFC East. 

FT 2-6

Dallas 2-7

NYG 2-7

Dallas might want to call Eli and see what he's doing, I hear he's an UFA right now. Hasn't been out of the game that long. 

And the Dallas Cowboys sink to 2-7 on the season, still just 1 win out of 1st place in the ever evolving NFC East. 

FT 2-6

Dallas 2-7

NYG 2-7

Dallas might want to call Eli and see what he's doing, I hear he's an UFA right now. Hasn't been out of the game that long. 
They're 1.5 wins out, and also don't have the tie breaker so 2 games back.

Well I mean if you want to get all technical and stuff but what's the number say in front of that decimal? 1

And they have 1 win less than Philly 
The point is that they are not 1 win out of first.  Yes it's 'technical and stuff', but unfortunately for your obsession with this nfc east drama, NFL standings are "technical and stuff"

If the Eagles take care of business next week, they'll be 2.5 games up on the Cowboys with the tie breaker.  That will be the 2nd biggest division lead in NFL.

The point is that they are not 1 win out of first.  Yes it's 'technical and stuff', but unfortunately for your obsession with this nfc east drama, NFL standings are "technical and stuff"

If the Eagles take care of business next week, they'll be 2.5 games up on the Cowboys with the tie breaker.  That will be the 2nd biggest division lead in NFL.
And if the Eagles win their next 12 in a row they can hoist the Lombardi Trophy up again, I like the way you think 👍 

😆

Look friend, the Igglz got nothing to do with this thread, I'm sorry. I merely use them as a prop to inspire McCarthy to trudge forward and for Dallas to make some moves to improve. My latest suggestion is reach out to Eli, you got 7-8 weeks and 6 wins will take this Division, Jerry could make a move or phone call and make all this go away. 

This is a McCarthy Roast made on poor coaching decisions and his ability to pull the wool over folks eyes. 

And if the Eagles win their next 12 in a row they can hoist the Lombardi Trophy up again, I like the way you think 👍 

😆

Look friend, the Igglz got nothing to do with this thread, I'm sorry. I merely use them as a prop to inspire McCarthy to trudge forward and for Dallas to make some moves to improve. My latest suggestion is reach out to Eli, you got 7-8 weeks and 6 wins will take this Division, Jerry could make a move or phone call and make all this go away. 

This is a McCarthy Roast made on poor coaching decisions and his ability to pull the wool over folks eyes. 
But to your point that this div is still very close, it's not as close as you make it out to be.  I'm not at all suggesting winning this div is any sort of accomplishment, but it would be pretty miraculous for them to make up 3 full games in less than half the season.  Eli makes zero sense.

But to your point that this div is still very close, it's not as close as you make it out to be.  I'm not at all suggesting winning this div is any sort of accomplishment, but it would be pretty miraculous for them to make up 3 full games in less than half the season.  Eli makes zero sense.
You're right

CK has got to be better than whatever is on their roster right now. 

And what if you guys don't do what you think you're gonna do next week? What then? Don't count your eggs...you all are playing the NYG? They could beat you all if things bounce their way. but yeah you all should win. 

You're right

CK has got to be better than whatever is on their roster right now. 

And what if you guys don't do what you think you're gonna do next week? What then? Don't count your eggs...you all are playing the NYG? They could beat you all if things bounce their way. but yeah you all should win. 
I dunno, I think Gilbert looked pretty decent for his first start. 

Yes Philly could lose, which would then put Dallas in last place in the division.

EDT:   538 has Dallas projected to finish last in the division and a 6% chance to make the playoffs.  Why in the world would they go sign Kaepernick or Manning right now?

I dunno, I think Gilbert looked pretty decent for his first start. 

Yes Philly could lose, which would then put Dallas in last place in the division.

EDT:   538 has Dallas projected to finish last in the division and a 6% chance to make the playoffs.  Why in the world would they go sign Kaepernick or Manning right now?
Well to be fair, the Cowboys signing Manning at QB would sort of be the same as signing McCarthy at HC. And they already did one of those things. 

Well to be fair, the Cowboys signing Manning at QB would sort of be the same as signing McCarthy at HC. And they already did one of those things. 
So you're suggesting they should make a 2nd mistake just because they made a 1st?

Some radio hosts in Dallas are actually feeling good about this loss and think because of this effort, they actually might win 2-3 more games and screw over their draft position 

did anyone think he wasnt?

he was hand selected by jerry, was he not?
Yes but you had people not just in here, but Cowboy fans alike saying Jerruh and company need to wipe their hands of him and move on to someone else despite the fact that they have shown to be extremely patient with coaches 

Yes but you had people not just in here, but Cowboy fans alike saying Jerruh and company need to wipe their hands of him and move on to someone else despite the fact that they have shown to be extremely patient with coaches 
i mean, logically yes... he shouldve been fired weeks ago. 

but as someone who knows the bare minimum about the boys/jerry, jerry doesnt concede defeat easily.

3-8, the guy is still trying to win the NFC East, minor setback today. 

If he can't win a Division needing only 4 Wins in late November, when will he ever be able to win it?

Packer fan here. Today's game had some of the worst coaching decisions and playcalling I've ever seen from McCarthy. Hard to believe but I think he is getting worse.

Yep.  I get that they are missing Dak.....but MM continues to baffle me.
He's got the macho coach-talk part down. But pull back the curtain, and we see he's a bit of a dope. He's celebrated for winning a single Super Bowl, when he really should be admonished for not having figured out how to use Aaron to have at least two more appearances, and maybe as many more wins. He's a coattail rider.

I love the fact that he's with Dallas. I hope he stays there for a decade.

He's got them right where he wants them at 4-9, looks like the Giants are ready to implode, Eagles are starting a 2nd round Rookie and the WFT doesn't look very lethal, this Division is still up for grabs, first to 6 Wins it. 

Good job not challenging at the end of a football game that could send your team into a potential Division Title. 

Ball was trapped, all he had t do was throw the red flag and opts not to do it. 

Users who are viewing this thread