What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you rather get shocked or stand in an empty room(scooter can sit)for fifteen minutes. (1 Viewer)

Would you rather

• Be bored

Votes: 72 82.8%
  • Get shocked

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
Stealing from a podcast and based off an old study...

Would you rather stand alone in an empty room in a 3 foot diameter circle for 15 minutes

Or....

Get shocked by an invisible fence dog collar calibrated for a great dane once and then you are done. 

At what point does your mind change? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not opposed to either but would probably take the shock. Pull the band aid off in one quick motion. 

I'll take 15 minutes of nothing.  However, I would prefer to take a shock than watch 15 minutes of any of the three big late night shows (NBC, ABC or CBS) they are all that horrible to me at this point, fire up old sparky and let's go!

I bet you would wish for a million more wishes too. 
Well, yea. Point was, I'm on team boredom. 

I retired in a February to travel the rest of the world before I turned 40. Anyway 2 weeks into my trip Corona happened. I live alone, no children wife or friends since I'm in a newer city for me. 

Since then I've been inside for close to 7 straight months and made more progress in mental health and quitting drinking than I ever did being amongst people. 

Point being, for me, I love the solitude. Put me in a coffin w some air for 15 mins and I'll go that route. 

I had an invisible dog fence for my Brittany spaniel.

On a dare from my brother I put it on my neck and ran through the fence, that thing hurt like crazy. Everyone else wimped out after me and I was the only one that did it. They were a bunch of wimps.

Stand alone with nobody bothering me for 15 minutes? 

Yes please.

How is this not the answer for everyone? I stare at a black line for longer than that, controlling my breathing, and getting a workout. Standing still is easy. 

Stealing from a podcast and based off an old study...

Would you rather stand alone in an empty room in a 3 foot diameter circle for 15 minutes

Or....

Get shocked by an invisible fence dog collar calibrated for a great dane once and then you are done. 

At what point does your mind change? 
We have an invisible fence and I have been shocked holding the collar before. It is a decent jolt but is over fast.   I would take the shock.

The fact that this is even a thing, 15 minutes in a room alone in the quite, and is supposed to be somehow hard or torturous is a sad state of where we are today.  

If you can sort of lean against the cylinder, clothes your eyes and relax, it might be relaxing as long as it's not to hot and you can air circulation. 

I can't believe this is even a question. 15 minutes in silence is a piece of cake. I've probably done it a thousand times in my life already.

If you can sort of lean against the cylinder, clothes your eyes and relax, it might be relaxing as long as it's not to hot and you can air circulation. 
Yeah for me not falling asleep would be the biggest challenge. 

:lmao: math is hard for many, including the OP apparently 
Huh? I added the 3 foot circle to head off the people saying they would pace around or get steps in. It was just a way to designate you had to be in one spot. What does math have to do with any of it? 

If it helps picture having to stand on a taped pair of footprints on the ground. 

:lmao: math is hard for many, including the OP apparently 
Huh? I added the 3 foot circle to head off the people saying they would pace around or get steps in. It was just a way to designate you had to be in one spot. What does math have to do with any of it? 

If it helps picture having to stand on a taped pair of footprints on the ground. 
Standing or sitting? Thread title says "sit", first post says "stand".

I'm good at sitting but not so much at standing.

:innerearissues:

Can I take drugs before?

And that question can relate to before I decide and/or before I get shocked or stand for 15

Pizza math

I’d be curious what the shock felt like, so I’ll take that. 
You ever see one of those lighters that are like mini tasers?  My MIL had one and was lighting bday candles. 

I was curious what it felt like so I turned it on and shoved my finger in it. Hurt more than I thought. Could feel it in my neck. 😂

My tolerance for pain is much higher than my tolerance for being bored.  I'll take the shock.

Users who are viewing this thread