What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Rogan presidential debate? (1 Viewer)

If it would truly be a policy discussion, I agree. However we know that to not be the case - therefore 4 hours sounds excruciating

If it would truly be a policy discussion, I agree. However we know that to not be the case - therefore 4 hours sounds excruciating
Yeah. 1 hour would more than enough for these 2 dinosaurs. Maybe they can debate in a steel cage policy match for WWE.

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
This would be good for Biden, I'd think. Rogan doesn't challenge his guests, so he would let Biden tell story after story after story until the 4 hours was up.

• Laughing
Let's avoid media bias and instead have a guy who says he is a Trump supporter moderate the debate. 

Makes sense

• Laughing
Rogan is pro-Trump? I didn’t know that. I remember he liked Bernie in the primaries.
he has just recently come out in support of Trump, seemingly because he really does not have any confidence in Biden. He did support Bernie and presumably would have supported some other democrats over Trump.

Let's avoid media bias and instead have a guy who says he is a Trump supporter moderate the debate. 

Makes sense
Joe Rogan said this?
Yes. Right in the linked article in the OP

“But I don’t think that Biden can handle it. I think Biden is like, I think he’s, I mean people get mad at me for saying this, I think there’s something wrong and I don’t think there’s something wrong, because I’m guessing, or because I’m pro-Trump. I’ve seen him fall apart,” Rogan said.

“But I don’t think that Biden can handle it. I think Biden is like, I think he’s, I mean people get mad at me for saying this, I think there’s something wrong and I don’t think there’s something wrong, because I’m guessing, or because I’m pro-Trump. I’ve seen him fall apart,” Rogan said.
So it would be kind of like what Trump deals with in the other debates?

I thought I recalled Rogan saying things that led me to believe he saw through Trumps nonsense.
He did. He has criticized all political candidates. Those who are saying he is right haven't watched his show. He calls out bull####.  He's number 1 for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
While he’s a Foxer he’s shown he isn’t afraid to call Trump out and I’m not sure he cares for him very much. That one will be way easier on him than the others though. 
I wonder what the lefties here have to say about Juan Williams. He’s on Fox too.

He said Biden is terrible. He is middle America.
You may think Rogan speaks for middle America, and that’s fine. However the man is himself a coastal, Hollywood elite, likely making scads of dough.

Don’t you think it’s funny that the right wing (maybe sometimes rightly) will rail against the entertainment industry but as soon as someone like James Woods or Chuck Woolery or Tim Allen or Ted Nugent or Clint Eastwood comes along they promote them forward?

So it would be kind of like what Trump deals with in the other debates?
I am only calling out the fact that people are clamoring for a different sort of moderator because of bias. To me that seems like you are asking for an unbiased moderator. And that would preclude anyone who has expressed their support for either candidate

His regular show with interesting guests is painful enough. And does anybody think Biden and Trump can engage in substantive debate for 4 minutes, much less four hours?

As third party friendly as Rogan is I hope he pushes to get Jo Jorgensen and Howie Hawkins in on this as well.

I'm sure Biden/Trump would stop that from happening though.

dawgtrails said:

That’s not what he’s saying there, he’s saying people get mad at him because they think he’s pro-Trump, because he’s guessing, etc etc.  He’s talking about how he’s perceived there   

Reading it I can see how that is what people think he said but when you hear it, as I did, it’s clear he wasn’t sayin that he was.  But he definitely thinks Biden is slipping and that has him concerned.  

That’s not what he’s saying there, he’s saying people get mad at him because they think he’s pro-Trump, because he’s guessing, etc etc.  

Reading it I can see how that is what people think he said but when you hear it, as I did, it’s clear he wasn’t sayin he was.  But he definitely thinks Biden is slipping and that has him concerned.  
OK I just watched a clip too. And yea, he seems to be anti-Biden and not so much pro-Trump.

However, I can't see how or why Biden would ever agree to go on his show when all he rants about is "how clear it is that Biden is in the throws of dementia"

OK I just watched a clip too. And yea, he seems to be anti-Biden and not so much pro-Trump.

However, I can't see how or why Biden would ever agree to go on his show when all he rants about is "how clear it is that Biden is in the throws of dementia"
I love Rogan’s show and listen all the time, but both of them on at the same time would be a #### show.  Trump would just word salad all over the place and it would be a waste.  Now both on individually that would be great.  You get a much better sense of the person when they sit there for an hour plus just talking.  

dawgtrails said:

I've watched quite a few of his interviews.  I've never once gotten the impression that he's pro-Trump.  He supported Gabbard and was sympathetic to Sanders, who also went on his show. 

I'd have to see the remark in context.  At first glance it seems like people are misrepresenting who he is.  

Terminalxylem said:
His regular show with interesting guests is painful enough. And does anybody think Biden and Trump can engage in substantive debate for 4 minutes, much less four hours?
His show is interesting and informative

I've watched quite a few of his interviews.  I've never once gotten the impression that he's pro-Trump.  He supported Gabbard and was sympathetic to Sanders, who also went on his show. 

I'd have to see the remark in context.  At first glance it seems like people are misrepresenting who he is.  
He’s very middled in general. He talks about Trump being absolutely nuts all the time.  His interview with Yang was great too along with the others you mentioned.  Im not a Bernie fan and he wouldn’t get my vote but I found him to be genuine in his beliefs which is refreshing now and days.   

AAABatteries said:
I haven’t listened to Rogan in a while but I’m surprised he considers himself pro-Trump.  
Based on every single thing I've ever watched of him from Snowden to Tulsi to a myriad of other political beings, I can't help but think he's trolling Trump here.  Am I the only one seeing this?  It would be a complete 180 to actually come out as a Trump "supporter" for him.

ETA:  That said, I don't think ANY debates are beneficial for either of these two.  Complete waists of time.

KiddLattimer said:
As third party friendly as Rogan is I hope he pushes to get Jo Jorgensen and Howie Hawkins in on this as well.

I'm sure Biden/Trump would stop that from happening though.
If Rogan were serious about a Third Party movement in this country.  He should put that out there....with Jorgensen on all 50 states ballots and Hawkins on 31....it would only make sense. I don't think Trump would agree to that though..... and I don't think Rogan, being so anti-Biden/pro-Trump, wouldn't want to put Trump in a position where he's defending himself from three different angles of our political spectrum.

I also think if I'm managing the Biden campaign, this debate talk with Rogan would scare me to death.

I would expect the Trump side to continue emphasizing the 4 HOUR aspect of it. That's a vulnerability of course for Biden.

All the messaging I've seen has been very clear to make sure to include that 4 hour detail. Which is interesting. Nobody ever talks about how long a debate would go. But for this from the Trump side, it's in every mention. And for good reason. It's very clear what they're doing. 

I'd also start managing Harris with the same focus I'd be managing Biden. I'd have her visiting the ambushed Los Angeles policewoman mom and not just tweeting about it. I'd be making the case she would be an exceptional president to counter all the Trump messaging toward Biden. 

That's interesting. I don't think it is the same thing. 
If I understand Saints correctly then I don’t think they are the same either.  There’s plenty of people who are tired of their stance on X being co-opted (in a way) by Trump and it being vilified because of how awful Trump is.  They (somewhat reasonably) think that’s unfair.  I will say that the majority that feel this way are probably also pro-Trump but not all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread