What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL DAVE GROHL IS THE GREATEST THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

I really like how much he seems to just enjoy playing live, actually trying to have fun at a concert and entertain the crowd.

Having seen some you tube videos like Kiss Guy playing Monkeywrench and the birthday concert with all the guests coming out and playing their songs, giving over frontman status all evening (which is something a frontman never really does) makes me enjoy him that much more. 

Funny thing is that in general, I am not a Foo Fighters fan. I only know a couple of songs but watching these videos made me want to see more of them.

Apparently Dave Grohl and I grew up within 200 yards of each other.  He was a year older.  No idea who he was (nor him me certainly).    Crazy that such a great musician came from the culturally lacking suburbia of Springfield VA.   Apparently he played in DC even when he was in his young teens.  NoVa had almost no venues.  I was probably wasting time studying when I should have been smoking pot and playing the drums  :(

No one ever really knows anyone, so maybe he's an axe murderer when he's not onstage, but I'd put money on Dave Grohl being a truly decent guy way sooner than most people I see only through a screen.

he seems ok to me so call up your grandma and tell her shes a brohan take that to the bank bromigos 

1.) "When I think about kids watching a TV show like American Idol or The Voice , then they think, 'Oh, okay, that's how you become a musician, you stand in line for eight f****** hours with 800 people at a convention centre and then you sing your heart out for someone and then they tell you it's not f****** good enough.' Can you imagine?  It's destroying the next generation of musicians! Musicians should go to a yard sale and buy an old f****** drum set and get in their garage and just suck. And get their friends to come in and they'll suck, too. And then they'll f******* start playing and they'll have the best time they've ever had in their lives and then all of a sudden they'll become Nirvana. Because that's exactly what happened with Nirvana. Just a bunch of guys that had some s***** old instruments and they got together and started playing some noisy-a** s***, and they became the biggest band in the world. That can happen again! You don't need a f****** computer or the Internet or The Voice or American Idol ."

2.) Foo Fighters RickRoll Westboro Baptist Church

These two items alone put him in the top 1% of musicians of all time, IMHO.  

1.) "When I think about kids watching a TV show like American Idol or The Voice , then they think, 'Oh, okay, that's how you become a musician, you stand in line for eight f****** hours with 800 people at a convention centre and then you sing your heart out for someone and then they tell you it's not f****** good enough.' Can you imagine?  It's destroying the next generation of musicians! Musicians should go to a yard sale and buy an old f****** drum set and get in their garage and just suck. And get their friends to come in and they'll suck, too. And then they'll f******* start playing and they'll have the best time they've ever had in their lives and then all of a sudden they'll become Nirvana. Because that's exactly what happened with Nirvana. Just a bunch of guys that had some s***** old instruments and they got together and started playing some noisy-a** s***, and they became the biggest band in the world. That can happen again! You don't need a f****** computer or the Internet or The Voice or American Idol ."

2.) Foo Fighters RickRoll Westboro Baptist Church

These two items alone put him in the top 1% of musicians of all time, IMHO.  
Dave Grohl seems to be an awesome guy (for as much as we can really tell from the outside) and I agree with your general sentiments.  However, Dave Grohl was in a DC hardcore punk band Scream for a while before joining Nirvana.  If my memory serves me he toured Europe with them and recorded a couple of records.  He didn't get to where he's at because he happened to be in Cobain's garage or something.

Sadly, your description may now be more likely to result in someone becoming a musician than just jamming with friends. :sadbanana:

I’m positive I posted this here before, but I met him about 7 or 8 years ago at Funland in Rehoboth Beach DE.  He was there with his family, riding on the rides with them.  We got to talk to him for a few minutes,  just chit-chatting about our kids and stuff.  Super nice, down to earth guy.

Users who are viewing this thread