What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Trade - Advice Needed: WHIR (1 Viewer)

CKoz24

Footballguy
Standard League, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, no flex.

I give:

M.Thomas + T.Kelce + C.Carson

I get:

D.Henry/J.Jacobs + C.Kupp/A.Green + Z.Ertz

My team:

QB - D.Watson

RB - C.Carson, M.Ingram, J.Dobbins, L.Murray, B.Scott, J.Kelley

WR - M.Thomas, M.Brown, P.Campbell, E.Sanders, J.Jeudy

TE - T.Kelce

Should I ride out the Thomas injury or accept this trade (big Saints fan, so judgement is clouded)?

I’d probably lean Henry and Kupp over Jacobs and Green, but is Jacobs the right player?

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough call.  I think Derek Henry is the best player in the deal as far as non-ppr goes.  I wouldn't argue with Jacobs, but I like Henry better.

Kelce for Ertz is tough.  One game isn't enough of a litmus test but it sure looked like Goedert was the go to guy in Philly.  I'm sure Ertz will be fine, but it might be a pretty steep drop from Kelce if it continues that direction.

I'd personally take Green over Kupp.  Green appears to be healthy and appears to be Burrow's guy.  He's one questionable OPI call or one Burrow overthrow away from having six or seven catches for 60 plus yards and a TD or two.  Burrow had some growing pains but looked really good at times, especially towards the end of the game.  Kupp didn't look like the go to guy in his offense.  Again, I realize I'm looking at one game.

Bottom line is it depends on how how you feel about Thomas' injury.  If he's going to be out a significant amount of time, I make the trade no question going with Henry/Green/Ertz but I"m no medical expert.  It's gambling on somebody's health.  If Thomas only misses a week, you are giving up potentially two of the top five pass catchers in the whole league to upgrade from Carson who also looked pretty darn good in week one.

I am assuming this is in a redraft.  The Thomas injury is very concerning.  He may be fighting that all year.  Without that factor (again assuming redraft), I would keep the Thomas side easily.  The injury is the rub.

I might be swayed by the league format.  By that I mean how many teams make the playoffs? Is there playoffs? If you are likely to make the playoffs then I don't really care about now as the end of the season is what matters and Thomas could be back to his normal self by then.  If you are an underdog and may not make the playoffs or if there are no playoffs and it's total record then every game matters right now and I would be leaning towards the Henry side of the trade (I assume it's Henry & Kupp or Jacobs & Green and it's not a mix and match).  I prefer Henry and Green but Henry by more over Jacobs than Green over Kupp. 

Enough rambling...…..I lean towards no trade unless you are doubtful to make playoffs or have no playoffs.  Then I take the Henry/Kupp (or Green if you can mix and match). 

Thank you both for amazing answers! It is a redraft league and the top 8 of 12 make the playoffs. The following factors indicate to stay the course:

- watching the replay in the injury,
- his age,

- trading to get E.Sanders,
- being 1-0 (bottom 4 point total though),

I feel that he’s going to be back at the 3 week mark. High ankle sprain take between 15 to 45 days to heal (potentially more). Worst case, I lose the next two and go 1-2 and I can recover or I go 1-3 and re-evaluate the trade.

Once again thank you! 

Users who are viewing this thread