What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

President Trump has fielded 867 more reporter questions than Biden since July (1 Viewer)

Widbil83

Footballguy
This is just incredible. Why is the media giving Biden such a pass here? 

WASHINGTON — President Trump fielded 867 more questions from reporters than Joe Biden over the last two months.

That number is five times the amount of queries that Biden answered between July 19 and Sept. 15, a review of the candidates’ interviews and briefings shows.

Trump answered a total of 1,141 questions from a Washington press corps that he maintains is openly hostile to his administration, while Biden responded to just 274 questions from local networks and liberal cable news channels like CNN and MSNBC.

During the week of Aug. 9, the president took 196 questions from journalists while Biden answered just three.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/trump-has-answered-nearly-900-more-reporter-questions-than-biden/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

This is just incredible.
Biden's strategy is viable for a non-incumbent. Obviously Biden feels that he's able to adequately reach voters through twitter, campaign ads, and campaign appearances.

Besides, why would he want to take questions from the Fake News media and their "gotcha" journalism? They're the enemy of the people.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I downplayed it”

”I actually upplayed it”

“I don’t think science knows”

those were my favorites

I'm 100% in favor of giving Biden a pass.  If I had one wish that I could use, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.  But if I had two wishes then it would be for tomorrow to be the election and the media could go back to (hopefully) ignoring Trump and also that kid joining hands thing.

This is an absurd comparison.   The vast majority of Trumps questions have come in his role as President in the White House briefing room or on the White House lawn not in his role as candidate.   Biden doesn't have that platform available to him.    How many questions has Trump taken outside of the White House?   That would be a more fair comparison.

No, just no.  

This is an absurd comparison.   The vast majority of Trumps questions have come in his role as President in the White House briefing room or on the White House lawn not in his role as candidate.   Biden doesn't have that platform available to him.    How many questions has Trump taken outside of the White House?   That would be a more fair comparison.
X2  Seriously absurd.  

Many would argue that the additional, and free, press coverage is an unfair advantage that incumbents enjoy and a primary reason why they tend to get re-elected.  Of course, Trump fielding questions of any sort is more likely than not to hurt his re-election chances, so I understand the OP's concern.

Bidens more coherent.  He answers the questions in a sensible manner the first time...thus eliminating the need for the inevitable follow up questions to Trump (including but not limited to) "Are you serious?". "No...seriously?. "Could you explain yourself better?", "Are you sure you want to say that?" and " You're kidding?....Right?"

Bidens more coherent.  He answers the questions in a sensible manner the first time...thus eliminating the need for the inevitable follow up questions to Trump (including but not limited to) "Are you serious?". "No...seriously?. "Could you explain yourself better?", "Are you sure you want to say that?" and " You're kidding?....Right?"
"up... played...?"

Amazing. Everyone in here up to my post responded without EVER answering the original OP's question.  Snark, condescension and straight up fabrications instead of, y'know, actual answers.

I guess I'll be the first to answer:  He gets a pass because the media is controlled by leftists.  They are all on the same side - the media is nothing but the propaganda arm of the DNC.  OF COURSE they're going to cover things up.  Joe can't answer questions - he most likely doesn't even know what he had for breakfast.

Amazing. Everyone in here up to my post responded without EVER answering the original OP's question.  Snark, condescension and straight up fabrications instead of, y'know, actual answers.

I guess I'll be the first to answer:  He gets a pass because the media is controlled by leftists.  They are all on the same side - the media is nothing but the propaganda arm of the DNC.  OF COURSE they're going to cover things up.  Joe can't answer questions - he most likely doesn't even know what he had for breakfast.
Finally an unbiased, straight forward answer.  This is the kind of independent response we need more of around here. 

He doesn’t get a pass on that. He’s not the President. Trump holds near-daily press briefings some weeks because of a massive crisis caused by the failure of his administration. Why would a private citizen candidate take as many questions as the president during a pandemic he assured everyone would just disappear with the summer heat that he has repeatedly downplayed and failed to act to control? 

Now, Joe does get a pass on his personal life. Always has since half his immediate family died. 

Why is the media giving Biden such a pass here? 
First of all they're not. Biden isn’t President. As mentioned above for one thing Trump is treating "press conferences" as televised opportunities to replace his rallies. Like his press secretaries he used these as an opportunity to harangue the press and blame fact finders for his own failures, not inform the public. That explains at least the multiplicity of Trump's own Q&A numbers. - As for Biden the press can't ask questions if they're not given the opportunity. However IIRC Trump did not take any questions in the last ~6 weeks of 2016 himself. Please feel free to check my facts on that. Biden is ahead, he's doing well and it's a conservative, smart gameplan. And it's pretty obvious this grind it out approach is frustrating Trump and his followers.

Well he is really not coherent at all or does he sound sensible...but I will vote for him.

Users who are viewing this thread