Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

MFL Question - Can commish see BB amts after the fact?


Recommended Posts

One of our owners is saying he placed a higher bid for a player that was picked up during BB waivers. is there any way for me to go back and see what the BB amounts were since they have already processed?

I did look around on MFL but didn't see anything.

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume so but we don't do blind bids so I have never had a reason to do it.  I know I can go back in and see every player that was put in people's queue which has come in handy when there was a discrepancy on the waiver order and figuring out when people screwed up what they really wanted to do.   I would assume you can do the same for blind bids. 

 

I know ESPN allows you to see what all the bids were.  I would think MFL would too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

One of our owners is saying he placed a higher bid for a player that was picked up during BB waivers. is there any way for me to go back and see what the BB amounts were since they have already processed?

 

 

One other thing, who they have listed to drop matters and needs to still be rostered. 

Example-

Add Player A $5, Drop Player B

If player B gets dropped/traded for any reason and the owner doesn't resubmit the BB claim, it won't put it through because the system can't drop a player that's not on the team. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also,  I believe MFL will award a team with a lesser bid before a team with a higher bid if the team with the higher bid already had a successful bid in waivers that day.

For example, say Team 1 bids $25 on player A with priority #1 and $20 on player B with priority #2. Team 2 bids $10 on player B with priority #1.

Assuming no other team outbid Team 1 for player A, Team 1 would get player A for $25 and Team 2 would get player B for $10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, runner06 said:

Also,  I believe MFL will award a team with a lesser bid before a team with a higher bid if the team with the higher bid already had a successful bid in waivers that day.

For example, say Team 1 bids $25 on player A with priority #1 and $20 on player B with priority #2. Team 2 bids $10 on player B with priority #1.

Assuming no other team outbid Team 1 for player A, Team 1 would get player A for $25 and Team 2 would get player B for $10.

i hope this isn't true. what's the point of bidding then? i don't use MFL, but a higher bid is always the winning bid and these priorities are only when the bid amounts are the same in FAAB. i can't see why MFL would be any different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

perfect, exactly what I  eeded - thanks!

turns out he only had $8.50 available and bid $9.00

I really, REALLY hate owners that do that--complain about something and SWEAR they did X, and then you have to go back and show them that they did Y, and then they're like, "Oh, yeah..."  We're all grown adults.  Any chance you could try to figure this out on your own before you assume that something (other than you) screwed up???

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:

I think eveyrone can

 

Reports>Franchise>Previously Processed Waivers

FYI, this is a commish setting to allow owners to see it, so if your league can't see it that's why.

3 hours ago, runner06 said:

Also,  I believe MFL will award a team with a lesser bid before a team with a higher bid if the team with the higher bid already had a successful bid in waivers that day.

For example, say Team 1 bids $25 on player A with priority #1 and $20 on player B with priority #2. Team 2 bids $10 on player B with priority #1.

Assuming no other team outbid Team 1 for player A, Team 1 would get player A for $25 and Team 2 would get player B for $10.

That is definitely not a universal setting and it's not what you're seeing in your example.  MFL works via "rounds" and owners can only win one player per "round".  So if Team 1 has those two players in the same Round then once he wins Player A that round is done.  If he didn't set up a Round 2 then he has no valid bid in for Player B thus Team 2 wins him.  This is called conditional bidding and it's there to allow Team 1 to make sure he has an if/then option.  "If I win Player A don't give me Player B, if I lose Player A for $25 then give me Player B for $20" If Team 1 wanted to win both he could just enter them in separate rounds and he'd win them both (assuming legal drops) with the bidding you have above. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pinequick said:

I really, REALLY hate owners that do that--complain about something and SWEAR they did X, and then you have to go back and show them that they did Y, and then they're like, "Oh, yeah..."  We're all grown adults.  Any chance you could try to figure this out on your own before you assume that something (other than you) screwed up???

At least he was very cool about it when he asked. Have had owners do that in the past though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, runner06 said:

Also,  I believe MFL will award a team with a lesser bid before a team with a higher bid if the team with the higher bid already had a successful bid in waivers that day.

For example, say Team 1 bids $25 on player A with priority #1 and $20 on player B with priority #2. Team 2 bids $10 on player B with priority #1.

Assuming no other team outbid Team 1 for player A, Team 1 would get player A for $25 and Team 2 would get player B for $10.

pretty sure this is wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

RE:  MFL blind bidding.  It's kind of f-upped up IMO & hard to figure out until you have used it for a few years.  I've spent 45 minutes getting my bids in rd.1, rd. 2, etc. & having to delete the whole works & start over.  Now I admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shadrap said:

pretty sure this is wrong.

If you have multiple rounds of bidding you're only awarded 1 player per round and if a team has already been awarded their top choice in a round, but bid more than someone else on another player and said wasn't their top choice, but that player was a different owner's top choice, then the person who bid less on that player would get him.  If you have just single round of bidding then you're awarded players purely based on how much you bid on them and can be awarded multiple players from a single round.  Hope that clears it up for you.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites

over the years, missing blind bids happen from time to time but only through a mobile app. we've never had someone complain of a disappearing bid that they placed through the website. 

 

probably best to double check your bids at the website. the apps are all third party and can be a bit finicky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

One of our owners is saying he placed a higher bid for a player that was picked up during BB waivers. is there any way for me to go back and see what the BB amounts were since they have already processed?

I did look around on MFL but didn't see anything.

Thanks.

 

Some leagues are set to show everyone all the bids after the fact - but even if not the commisioner can grant himself the ability to see other onwers bids, trade offers, etc. - just make sure he turns those abilites back off.

I'm guessing it was a user error by the guy complaining.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

If you have multiple rounds of bidding you're only awarded 1 player per round and if a team has already been awarded their top choice in a round, but bid more than someone else on another player and said wasn't their top choice, but that player was a different owner's top choice, then the person who bid less on that player would get him.  If you have just single round of bidding then you're awarded players purely based on how much you bid on them and can be awarded multiple players from a single round.  Hope that clears it up for you.

That depends on how you have waivers set up. You can also allow an owner to put all his bids in one "bucket" and he'd get everyone that he bid the most on (assuming he has enough FAAB).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

That depends on how you have waivers set up. You can also allow an owner to put all his bids in one "bucket" and he'd get everyone that he bid the most on (assuming he has enough FAAB).

It's my understanding you can't do that if using multiple round bb.  You only get one player per round in that case.  If using one round of bb then you can do that.  That's my understanding how this works, but I could be wrong.  I have sent a message to MFL on this subject a few years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

It's my understanding you can't do that if using multiple round bb.  You only get one player per round in that case.  If using one round of bb then you can do that.  That's my understanding how this works, but I could be wrong.  I have sent a message to MFL on this subject a few years ago.

Yeah that's kind of what I was saying - it depends on the setting you choose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a look and In the Blind bidding setup for Commissioners you can either use conditional or non-conditional blind bidding. From the Help section in MFL:

QUESTION

1.What is the difference between conditional and non-conditional blind bidding?

Answer:

Conditional bidding allows an owner to bid on player A and if not awarded, then bid on player B. Non-conditional ("regular") bidding just has an owner bid on player A and then bid on player B. In this latter case, the owner could get both players A and B. In the former, the owner would only get one of the two.

Note that in Conditional Bidding you would enter players in multiple groups in order to receive several players, but the Groups are merely placeholders for these bids and have no weighted value. So players in group 1 have no higher priority than those in group 2. It is based on higher bid amounts.

For the Non-Conditional Bids these are based on the highest bids winning. If all dollar values for all bid requests are the same, then the system will award the players in the order that they are entered by the owner.

 

Hope that helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...