What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Kings FFWC (Worth Going After?) (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Is it basically pointless for an average player to take a stab at winning a contest ticket for the world championships?  I plan on playing $100-300 a week depending in hopes for a ticket to the Top 200 show. 

Worth trying? Is it only pros that win? 
16,200 entry contest $5

5,009 entry contest at $16

max 150 lineups. 
Less pros in the smaller entry but I’d have less entries myself. 

Any stories of normal people getting in? Every search on twitter reveals high level poker and DFS players etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I won a ticket to King of the Beach last year. It's possible but it was not easy. 
How many lineups? What was the contest price and entries? 

I just worry making 20 lineups into the 16,200 one that a 150 lineup pro with every possible combination will win. Lol

It was the last possible contest you could enter to win a ticket. Showdown. I didn't have max entries and it was around 20 lineups. 

I also finished as close you can get in week 2 with only a single entry in a $5 contest, a catch and run by Kupp beat me by less than a point. 

Bottom line, I entered hundreds of lineups during the season chasing a ticket but did win in the final week. Maybe 1% of my lineups came close, 1 winning. 

It's almost impossible to win without max lineups and playing in the higher priced contests that have fewer entries. But it can be done. It looks like a single entry won last week's $5 contest. 

Look at the winning scores in week 1 in the $5350 contest (~151pts) vs the $5 contest (~240pts) and you'll see what I mean. The higher up you go, the scores get lower with fewer entries down to a single entry at the top. But if you play a single entry in the $5350 contest, your chances of winning a ticket are much better than playing max lineups in the $5 contest.  For example, you would pay $10,500 over 14 weeks for max entries in the $5 every week. Not that you plan to do that. But I would argue a player would be better off entering the $5350 contest twice, instead of max entries in the $5 contests during the season. You basically get 2 shots at winning where your odds are 1 in 13 each time or 14 shots at winning where your odds are 1 in 108 each time. Both options cost around the same amount. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread