What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Fanduel (1 Viewer)

Are there enough people around this forum to fill a 10-20 person contest each week?  I would set it up each week and post the link here.  It would be something like pay the top three with an entry fee of $5, on the main slate.  It might be a little late for this week, but something we could try in week 3.  Thoughts?

I would do it!

Are there enough people around this forum to fill a 10-20 person contest each week?  I would set it up each week and post the link here.  It would be something like pay the top three with an entry fee of $5, on the main slate.  It might be a little late for this week, but something we could try in week 3.  Thoughts?
I would be in. 

I have quickly reviewed a few things.  Still looks like you can fit in about anyone you want.  I guess everyone will be on the Dal/Atl and Ari/Was games.  RB Taylor (Ind) will be very popular, so leaving him out could be a way to differentiate.  I will not be taking that route.  At this point, I do not have any real unique thoughts.  I will probably just roll with a few projected lower owned QBs to differentiate.  As I look deeper, if I find something that might help others, I will share it.

Probably go with something like Brady, Haskins, and Ben.  I think all are projected at less than 5% ownership.  This should allow room to add in some consensus core plays, as well as, stack Evans, McLaren, and JuJu with their QB.

@FatNate hey!  Thought I would try to get ahold of you, since I'm not getting a response from the FBGs. 

I loved the IVC chart and used it excessively for my FanDuel Friends contest with a few local guys. Just great for single line up.

Assume that you are using the web replacement ...can you tell me how it's different and how it's the same? 

I was not a fan of the other web-based platform stuff - I didn't find it nearly as intuitive or pleasing to the eye (seemed like a lot less info in front of me on one screen)

I'm mainly concerned about:

Does the new DFS line up builder work just like the IVC model?  

I am looking for a single line up builder like that.

* enter 3 guys and it populates with a selected person(s) rankings (Dodds, MT, Sig)

* allows me to see guys by position sorted by either cost or pt/cost value so I can build on an ad hoc basis and know what much money I have left.

Thanks

I like the new single game generator that replaced the IVC chart.  I think it is an even tool than the IVC.  I am not an expert on it, but it meets my needs.  It allows you to pick a few people then autofill the rest.  I am not sure if it lets you autofill based on the selected person's projections, but you can definitely sort by the selected person's projections to view how they rank each player.  Most important for me is that it has the 'value' ranking which is the tool I use the most.  I use it via the web and my mobile device.  I like the look and feel of both.  It took about 15-30 minutes of using it to feel good about i, but it was a very quick to get comfortable with.  I am also a member of a competitor's site and I find the new model here, as good and as easy to work with as the one the competitor offers.  Honestly, I prefer this model, because it is a little simpler and doesn't over complicate it.  I do this for fun and entertainment, so I do not need as much detail or have the time to sift through 27 columns of data.  I am sure one the FBGuys could handle your questions better than me, but I hope my few notes helped.  What I really miss though is the David Dodds' cost/value chart for FanDuel.  Again, I hope this helped but, if you have other questions let me know.  Please understand I am not an expert or an employee.  I can only tell you about my experiences and in general they have all been positive with the new single game tool this season.  Good luck. 

I like to consider myself a single lineup guy, so I will post it here.  But, honestly I can never stick to just one.  The degenerate in me always takes over and I usually end up with 5-10 lineups.

Brady - Henry - Elliott - Evans - Cooper - Moore - Thomas - Taylor - Arizona

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't done alot of research but have this for cash so far

Murray,Zeke,Taylor, Adams,Ridley,Campbell,Howard,Moestart,49ers

Usually do most of my research at work while on lunch or break but our new firewall blocks FBGs as a gambling site🤬

I like the new single game generator that replaced the IVC chart.  I think it is an even tool than the IVC.  I am not an expert on it, but it meets my needs.  It allows you to pick a few people then autofill the rest.  I am not sure if it lets you autofill based on the selected person's projections, but you can definitely sort by the selected person's projections to view how they rank each player.  Most important for me is that it has the 'value' ranking which is the tool I use the most.  I use it via the web and my mobile device.  I like the look and feel of both.  It took about 15-30 minutes of using it to feel good about i, but it was a very quick to get comfortable with.  I am also a member of a competitor's site and I find the new model here, as good and as easy to work with as the one the competitor offers.  Honestly, I prefer this model, because it is a little simpler and doesn't over complicate it.  I do this for fun and entertainment, so I do not need as much detail or have the time to sift through 27 columns of data.  I am sure one the FBGuys could handle your questions better than me, but I hope my few notes helped.  What I really miss though is the David Dodds' cost/value chart for FanDuel.  Again, I hope this helped but, if you have other questions let me know.  Please understand I am not an expert or an employee.  I can only tell you about my experiences and in general they have all been positive with the new single game tool this season.  Good luck. 
thanks Nate!   :hifive:

I have quickly reviewed a few things.  Still looks like you can fit in about anyone you want.  I guess everyone will be on the Dal/Atl and Ari/Was games.  RB Taylor (Ind) will be very popular, so leaving him out could be a way to differentiate.  I will not be taking that route.  At this point, I do not have any real unique thoughts.  I will probably just roll with a few projected lower owned QBs to differentiate.  As I look deeper, if I find something that might help others, I will share it.
Seems like a lot of the chalk looks good as usual, so my idea was my usual - look at DT and TE for low owned differentiation, and then QB for stack.  

For TE, it looks like Higbee, Henry, Hurst, Fant, Thomas, are hovering at 5% owned or less.  

DT for upside it looks like AZ and Chic are home teams and very low ownership.  

RB "studs" like Barkeley, A.Jones, and Cook can be had at a fraction of the ownership of Henry/Zeke.   R.Jones could also be a pivot off of Taylor if you are using a chalk QB stack like Dak. 

QBs like Rodgers, Brady, Watson, Rivers, Stafford are low % too.  

I am going to make a handful of gpp LUs.   Here was my placeholder idea going off some of the thoughts above:

K.Murray - Zeke/Taylor/R.Jones - Ridley/Cooper/Hopkins - L.Thomas - Chicago.

I using the Dallas/Atl game as a secondary stack (Zeke/Ridley/Cooper) with a Murray/Hopkins/Thomas game stack.   Then toss in a lower owned R.Jones and Chicago.  :shrug:

I am also trying to find an odd very cheap stack that might do something and cram 3 RB studs around it.   

I agree on Barkley and I am definitely finding ways to work him into a few lineups. I am using pieces from the Dal/Atl game, but I am not using either QB. I am on Rivers, Trubisky, Haskins, and Ben; but using 40% Brady. I am overweight on Arizona D and also like Chicago D, both at very low ownership.

I agree on Barkley and I am definitely finding ways to work him into a few lineups. I am using pieces from the Dal/Atl game, but I am not using either QB. I am on Rivers, Trubisky, Haskins, and Ben; but using 40% Brady. I am overweight on Arizona D and also like Chicago D, both at very low ownership.
I have trouble with the DK vs FanDuel  differences as usual.  Trying to tell myself not to get too crazy with QBs on FD.  No bonuses, tighter pricing range for QBs, etc. And I just cant seem to pull the trigger on Haskins et al.  

That said, my cheap stack I wrote down was Jimmy G + Bourne + Perriman.  Lots of injuries in that game, and that game stack allows you basically anything else you'd want.  Not sure if I will roll that out, but it looked fun.  

I don’t play DK.  Just not enough to get used to it, compared to FD. I always play the middle to low priced QBs.  That is my preferred method of to differentiate. 

I don’t play DK.  Just not enough to get used to it, compared to FD. I always play the middle to low priced QBs.  That is my preferred method of to differentiate. 
Cool- do what works for you.  

FD is more about tds, so I try to find the lower ownership of the QBs in higher total games.  

Some contrarian and/or sleeper plays I like this week.

Bounce back for JimmyG against the Crowder-less, Bell-less, Gase-led Jets.  Now featuring two TDs from Jordan Reed!

Fish blowout the 25% catchless-pass rate Josh Allen including TDs from PrestonW, Gesiki and the defense.

Stacking Brady/Rojo/Miller/Evans and Brady/Gronk/Evans.

Stacking Rivers/Ty/Paris/Hines as the Vikings defense is a shell of its former self.

Buyer beware: crazy gpp plays, over and above traditional Lamar, MattyIce and Dak stacks.

Bon chance!

Not sure what it will yield me, but what I just did is zero out all the teams that don't have a decent team total - I did the top 1/2 of the teams which meant anything over 23.75 implied total.  Then in the RG generator, I just wrote down players from that list that are projected under 5% ownership for my darts in the $4 Milly maker.   

So far there were 7 Qbs:  Allen, Mitch, Brady, Rivers, Tannehill, Ben, Jimmy G.      Of those, I seem to keep staring at Allen, Rivers, and Jimmy.  

Not sure what it will yield me, but what I just did is zero out all the teams that don't have a decent team total - I did the top 1/2 of the teams which meant anything over 23.75 implied total.  Then in the RG generator, I just wrote down players from that list that are projected under 5% ownership for my darts in the $4 Milly maker.   

So far there were 7 Qbs:  Allen, Mitch, Brady, Rivers, Tannehill, Ben, Jimmy G.      Of those, I seem to keep staring at Allen, Rivers, and Jimmy.  
You know how this works...whoever you leave out will throw for 400+/4.  :lol:

I have a private league set up for week two.  I am not confident it will fill, especially since week one did not. I shared the link with a few buddies and my season long fantasy league. Main slate. $5. Top three pay. First twelve in. 

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/49877-237633254?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link
I’m in, looks like we need 1more before gametime.

I like the strategy to pair down the player pool. 

Jimmy has no weapons.  I think Reed will be over owned and I simply like other TEs more. I really like 49ers D stacked with Mostert the most from that game. 

For what it’s worth...I will be lower owned on Elliott than most.  Beginning of the week I was all in. Now, based on the lineman troubles, I am just losing some confidence.  Still using him, but only about half as much as originally planned. Replacing him with some Barkley and CEH.  Elliott is a monster and plays all downs, so he could even get his in the passing game. I am just starting to lean that Dak and WR steal the show. Elliott has a solid day, but doesn’t go bonkers. Last thing on the topic, I like Henry better this week at a slight discount. 

Jimmy has no weapons.  I think Reed will be over owned and I simply like other TEs more. I really like 49ers D stacked with Mostert the most from that game. 
I have a dart out there with Jimmy.   I think I threw in the rookie + Mostert and ran it back with either Perriman or Herndon.  I think it was on DK though. 

For what it’s worth...I will be lower owned on Elliott than most.  Beginning of the week I was all in. Now, based on the lineman troubles, I am just losing some confidence.  Still using him, but only about half as much as originally planned. Replacing him with some Barkley and CEH.  Elliott is a monster and plays all downs, so he could even get his in the passing game. I am just starting to lean that Dak and WR steal the show. Elliott has a solid day, but doesn’t go bonkers. Last thing on the topic, I like Henry better this week at a slight discount. 
I am guessing this is why the optimizers are getting off him?  I need to stare at this for gpps this week, I think Zeke is all over my LUs.  

I love and hate Sunday mornings.  Always tinkering.  Wish I had the stats on my success rate of my Sunday morning adjustments. Wait...maybe I really don’t want to know. Which brings me to my next point, why would I pay $600 more for Dak over Ryan. Aren’t they both going to produce similar big games today?

Both CBs out in Detroit.  Starting to make me lean more Rodgers, even though I have been on Brady all week.

Miller over Cee Dee might be a nice pivot to consider. Lower owned. Appears to be part of the game plan, based on last week. Godwin officially out. 

I love and hate Sunday mornings.  Always tinkering.  Wish I had the stats on my success rate of my Sunday morning adjustments. Wait...maybe I really don’t want to know. Which brings me to my next point, why would I pay $600 more for Dak over Ryan. Aren’t they both going to produce similar big games today?
IMO Ryan has the worse run game and a pass happy O, so he would be more likely to score more.  In gpps I took the savings the lesser ownership and put Ryan in the Dallas/Atl game stacks.  

I moved off of Zeke when I heard the news of Tyron Smith being out.  Zeke may still get his, but I decided to go cheaper there and upgrade my WRs

Current version...

Jackson, Elliott, Henry, Hines, Adams, Slayton, Campbell, Reed, GB
Now looks like this...

Jackson, Henry, R. Jones, Taylor, Adams, J. Jones, Campbell, Reed, ARI

Last edited by a moderator:
No mention of McCaffrey here makes me think he’ll be pretty low owned this week, plus he’s just too expensive to fit in other studs if you draft him.  Makes me feel I need him in a couple GPP lineups.

FatNate said:
It will run and pay this week. As long as it fills to 80% the contest will be real and live. 
LOL I gave you guys 2 goose eggs (well minus the 1 yard rush from Barber), and still managed to win somehow.  Good game fellas.  Enjoy the pats/hawks game.

Ended up +$100 on FD today! One of my $4 entries in the milly maker hit for almost 200pts and $75.  4 of my 6 entries cashed, and my cash lu limped across the cash line with 121pts.  

36 in, 137 out. 

Ended up +$100 on FD today! One of my $4 entries in the milly maker hit for almost 200pts and $75.  4 of my 6 entries cashed, and my cash lu limped across the cash line with 121pts.  

36 in, 137 out. 
Great!  200pts!  Outstanding!

My best lineup posted 154pts.  My most used lineup got to 140pts and was plus $25.  Overall though this week was splitsville.

I was wrong about Brady.  I expected a real rebound this week, but it didn't happen.  I still believe with those weapons there is big games out there for him.  Henry over Elliott was a bad choice for me, but I did keep some Elliott lineups, so I didn't get burned to bad.  I missed on Reed too and he filled in nicely for Kittles.  Pivot off Cee Dee for Miller was another bad call!  I got on Rodgers yesterday, but Jones was the guy to have.  I hope the group avoided my bad advice.

Great!  200pts!  Outstanding!
Of course it was my one Dak LU.  After thinking about my post about QBs on FD,  I turned all my gpps to Lamar, Murray, and Dak LUs and got different at other positions. 

Like I said, I blur the lines of the two sites too much, and with the scoring on FD I believe it's mostly about TDs, so I went back to take the guys in higher totals with rushing upside.   

I think next week will be similar - it will be hard to get off the core of Russ/Dak/Murray/Allen/Cam  for both formats for me, but we will see.  

Who are we using tonight for the single game?  I am making one lineup.  Right now, I am not planning to use Brees.  Slotting Kamara in for the MVP.  Using Murray and hoping to get lucky there.  Leaving $4500 on the table.

Dak over Ryan was the right play...another one I got wrong.  I had no Dak this weekend.
I still don't think that was a bad call - it's not like Ryan tanked, right?  In hindsight losing those 10pts hurts, but I think it's all the other pivots that were thrown around here that changed the gpps - some lower % DTs that did well, A.Jones, probably taking a middle salary WR instead of paying up for Julio or Adams (Diggs, Ridley, etc..) and of course the TEs that smashed this weekend.  

Maybe I need to look this up, but I don't think QB is typically what kills you on FD.   Look at next week - Russ/Dak/Murray/Allen are all within 700 salary of each other, and they all probably score between 25-35 pts.  Less variance there vs. something like deciding between Diggs and A.Robinson in a gpp. 

I still don't think that was a bad call - it's not like Ryan tanked, right?  In hindsight losing those 10pts hurts, but I think it's all the other pivots that were thrown around here that changed the gpps - some lower % DTs that did well, A.Jones, probably taking a middle salary WR instead of paying up for Julio or Adams (Diggs, Ridley, etc..) and of course the TEs that smashed this weekend.  

Maybe I need to look this up, but I don't think QB is typically what kills you on FD.   Look at next week - Russ/Dak/Murray/Allen are all within 700 salary of each other, and they all probably score between 25-35 pts.  Less variance there vs. something like deciding between Diggs and A.Robinson in a gpp. 
My experience has been finding all the other right pieces (RB-WR-TE-D) is much more challenging than finding an acceptable QB most weeks.

My experience has been finding all the other right pieces (RB-WR-TE-D) is much more challenging than finding an acceptable QB most weeks.
For sure it's harder, but that's because of the wider range of outcomes, but that's where the gpp leverage comes from.  

Maybe I am off base, and others can chime in too.  

FD is more heavy towards TDs, so IMO the best place to start is with teams with high totals and look for low % ownership guys there.   Sure any given Sunday, but the odds of Trubisky outscoring Russ or Dak next week is a lot smaller than say A.Rob outscoring a higher owned Wr in the Dallas/Seat game.  Floor for wrs and tes is 0-6 points.  

Users who are viewing this thread